Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2010, 04:35 PM   #76
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
For only $15, I might consider doing that. It's not an extra night in the hotel or anything, so it's not like it will cost us a whole bunch more. Maybe when it gets closer and we know the hours and if WOC will be open all week or not, we can see if it will be worth it to get there a little faster.

Sounds like DCA is getting quite the make-over. Too bad that Carsland won't be open by the time we get there, it sounds like a really cool area!
That was my thought with buying the 6 day tickets for our group. And it might be kind of fun for you to do some of the rides that are fun in the dark at Disneyland too. Like the Jungle Cruise, it is kind of romantic after dark. And it will make sleeping that night easier because you won't be quite as excited because you will have had a few hours in the park or parks.

Carsland should be fun, and this gives you are son to plan a future trip to Disneyland.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:43 PM   #77
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
That was my thought with buying the 6 day tickets for our group. And it might be kind of fun for you to do some of the rides that are fun in the dark at Disneyland too. Like the Jungle Cruise, it is kind of romantic after dark. And it will make sleeping that night easier because you won't be quite as excited because you will have had a few hours in the park or parks.

Carsland should be fun, and this gives you are son to plan a future trip to Disneyland.
This is actually sounding really tempting. Our original plan put us in Anaheim at around 9, so if we just got up a couple hours earlier, we could probably do it. Even if Dillon doesn't want to drive that early, he can sleep in the car! If DL is open until midnight, that will give us a good amount of time there. Do you know what time Fantasmic! is usually on, roughly? If we could catch it that night, then we could for sure get WOC in on Saturday. Or if WOC is on all week, then we will have time on the Friday just to relax and walk around after our long car ride.

And it sure does give us reason! Although I highly doubt you would have to give us too much reason to go back. I just hope Dillon feels the same way!
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2010, 05:02 PM   #78
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
This is actually sounding really tempting. Our original plan put us in Anaheim at around 9, so if we just got up a couple hours earlier, we could probably do it. Even if Dillon doesn't want to drive that early, he can sleep in the car! If DL is open until midnight, that will give us a good amount of time there. Do you know what time Fantasmic! is usually on, roughly? If we could catch it that night, then we could for sure get WOC in on Saturday. Or if WOC is on all week, then we will have time on the Friday just to relax and walk around after our long car ride.

And it sure does give us reason! Although I highly doubt you would have to give us too much reason to go back. I just hope Dillon feels the same way!
I have no clue but they will have a schedule up on disneyland.com I am sure it will be up a month before you leave and then you can go from there.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:12 PM   #79
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Either way, an extra day sounds so good to me! And you are right about it probably making it easier to sleep. One we won't be AS excited, and it will most definitely make us ready to pass out after driving for 10 hours then walking around for another 4 or 5!
Old 04-05-2010, 05:20 PM   #80
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

I mentioned adding another day to Dillon. I was expecting an "it won't be worth it" response. Nope. He is all for it. Proof that he is getting excited too!

Now I gotta check to see how many more airmiles that will cost us. My mom is pitching in some of the airmiles, so hopefully between the 2 of us, we will have enough!
Old 04-05-2010, 05:26 PM   #81
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

It's only 75 more airmiles per ticket! So we should be able to pay it off. On a lot of things, if you don't have the full amount, you can just pay the difference, so hopefully you can do that with these too!
Old 04-05-2010, 05:55 PM   #82
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Either way, an extra day sounds so good to me! And you are right about it probably making it easier to sleep. One we won't be AS excited, and it will most definitely make us ready to pass out after driving for 10 hours then walking around for another 4 or 5!
Exactly my thoughts, I normally lay in bed too excited to sleep the night before Disneyland.

Quote:
I mentioned adding another day to Dillon. I was expecting an "it won't be worth it" response. Nope. He is all for it. Proof that he is getting excited too!

Now I gotta check to see how many more airmiles that will cost us. My mom is pitching in some of the airmiles, so hopefully between the 2 of us, we will have enough!
Very cool. I am glad Dillon is getting excited. Scotty will be more excited when the time gets nearer.

Quote:
It's only 75 more airmiles per ticket! So we should be able to pay it off. On a lot of things, if you don't have the full amount, you can just pay the difference, so hopefully you can do that with these too!
That doesn't seem so bad!!
Old 04-06-2010, 11:30 AM   #83
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Adding this extra half-day has made me so much more excited!
Old 04-06-2010, 11:38 AM   #84
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

The first thing I plan to do, is head straight for the Refreshment Corner, and get a Mickey Mouse pretzel with the cheese dip. Then hopefully head over to Space Mountain. That is what my and I did first when we went 13 years ago. That's really all I remember about the order we did things in.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:58 AM   #85
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Adding this extra half-day has made me so much more excited!
Yay!!

Quote:
The first thing I plan to do, is head straight for the Refreshment Corner, and get a Mickey Mouse pretzel with the cheese dip. Then hopefully head over to Space Mountain. That is what my and I did first when we went 13 years ago. That's really all I remember about the order we did things in.
Are you planning to repeat the things you did on your last trip?
Old 04-06-2010, 01:16 PM   #86
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Just that one thing. That's only thing I remember really about the first day. I remember almost everything we did, just don't know what order or anything like that. I do need to make sure I have a churro or 5 at some point. I do remember those being my favourite food item of the trip!
Old 04-06-2010, 01:19 PM   #87
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Just that one thing. That's only thing I remember really about the first day. I remember almost everything we did, just don't know what order or anything like that. I do need to make sure I have a churro or 5 at some point. I do remember those being my favourite food item of the trip!
Everybody loves churros. I have enjoyed one or two but they are not among my favorites.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:27 PM   #88
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

I do know that during our trip, we rode Space Mountain and Big Thunder 4 times each. Those we our favourites. We only did IASM once, it was ok, but we weren't the hugest fans.

We were there for the early Toon Town entry. But there was no characters to greet us like they do now. We did go to Mickey's house to meet him though.

We got to see the Lion King Parade, and the Electrical Parade. That was why we were there to begin with. They were supposed to be retiring it, and we all wanted to see it before it went away. We saw it probably 3 times. And got a video, which I still have.

We went on Splash Mountain twice and bought a picture one of the times. The other time my Dad took a picture of the view just as we were about to drop. Wasn't the greastest picture, as it was taken from a disposable, but it is still a great memory.

We went and saw the Tiki room where my Dad proceeded to fall asleep and start snoring

Went into the Haunted Mansion a few times. I remember we were so shocked to find it was a ride. We didn't find out until they were loading us into the carts. We had only ever had to walk through haunted houses before.

I remember taking the train and the monorail at least twice a day to get a rest.

I remember finding it funny that Coca-cola and McDonald's Egg McMuffins tasted so different compared to ours here.

And I remember lots more, but those were some of the key ones in my head.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:02 PM   #89
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Everybody loves churros. I have enjoyed one or two but they are not among my favorites.
They sell Churros at the Calgary Stampede, and I got one the year after we went to Disneyland, and it just wasn't the same. I don't know if it just wasn't as fresh or what, but I haven't had another one since. I just remember how warm and soft they were. Mmmmmm!
Old 04-06-2010, 03:38 PM   #90
kaoden39
Hugs

I have had churros other places that I just didn't like them at all. It was like they were over cooked.

Don't go into this trip with set ideas of it going to be the same because believe me it has all changed around Disneyland. Honestly the area around the park you won't even recognize it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: