Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2010, 04:24 PM   #61
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyStitch626's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,853

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Well, that and they change things. There is a restaurant listed for Fantasyland that I have no clue where it is and I was there just three years ago. Have you even been to DCA? I don't think it was opened last time you were there was it? So a map to that would be a helpful thing too.
Nope haven't been to DCA or DTD. Looking forward to both of those. I have seen maps, and looked at them on googlemaps satellite view, so I have an idea of the layout, but can't really tell where places to eat are or anything. Just rides mostly.
__________________
DisneyStitch626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:26 PM   #62
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,184

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
No they didn't print out too great. It looks great on the screen before you print, because it's all 3D and colorful, which is nice, but when it prints out, it just seems to small to see too easily. Also the list prints out funny too, and you get half a map and half a list on one page, and it's just a mess!

And anything about the restuarants would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
We are (well I am, cause all I have done to Dillon is show him the trip report pictures of food) thinking about doing PCH for sure, then Cafe Orleans, Blue Bayou and Big Thunder BBQ are the big ones we are thinking about now. Also possibly ESPN because Dillon wants to see the arcade there, so we might just make a meal out of it.
I am pretty much guessing I won't be going to PCH, but I will be able to get pictures of the menus from CO, BB, and BT BBQ. We have eaten at ESPN and other than the wait it was great food, and the arcade is a lot of fun. If you go to the ESPN Zone website there is a club that you can join that gives you things.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-05-2010, 04:33 PM   #63
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,184

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
Nope haven't been to DCA or DTD. Looking forward to both of those. I have seen maps, and looked at them on googlemaps satellite view, so I have an idea of the layout, but can't really tell where places to eat are or anything. Just rides mostly.
I figured that you hadn't seen them. DTD is one thing you just have to experience, there are no maps or pamphlets of it that I know of. DCA though there is a pamphlet about it. The layout of DCA is kind of confusing to me. For some reason there are parts I have never seen. Last time I spent more time than I ever have there. This time I hope to spend more but with the crowds who knows.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:34 PM   #64
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyStitch626's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,853

I am already estimating that PCH will be a pretty penny, and I hear it's a buffet, so that one is ok anyways. I am thinking I will try to make a fairly early reservation for it, as I read a review yesterday that a late breakfast wasn't a good one! Anything else would be so helpful, thank you. You don't need to go out of your way, but if you happen to be at any of those places, some tips would be great! I will give that ESPN site a try.
__________________
DisneyStitch626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:36 PM   #65
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,184

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
I am already estimating that PCH will be a pretty penny, and I hear it's a buffet, so that one is ok anyways. I am thinking I will try to make a fairly early reservation for it, as I read a review yesterday that a late breakfast wasn't a good one! Anything else would be so helpful, thank you. You don't need to go out of your way, but if you happen to be at any of those places, some tips would be great! I will give that ESPN site a try.
Well, since I love New Orleans Square any thing there is a given. And all of the restaurants have their menus posted outside so no problem. And I so want to eat at the BT BBQ.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:38 PM   #66
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyStitch626's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,853

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I figured that you hadn't seen them. DTD is one thing you just have to experience, there are no maps or pamphlets of it that I know of. DCA though there is a pamphlet about it. The layout of DCA is kind of confusing to me. For some reason there are parts I have never seen. Last time I spent more time than I ever have there. This time I hope to spend more but with the crowds who knows.
I have been reading that it is hardly ever very busy over there. I am curious as to why? I know it's not the same as Disneyland, but it still seems like there is a lot to do and see there. Apart from the many rides, there is the DEP (at the moment), and the Animation Studios, and now World of Color. Sounds like a fun place to me!

And I am so looking forward to DTD. I think just the atmosphere, especially at night, will be so cool. I am hoping that if we don't get in too late, that we can take a stroll though there on our first night. It will be a Friday night, and DL most likely won't close until midnight. Do you know if DTD keeps things open later too?
__________________
DisneyStitch626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:42 PM   #67
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyStitch626's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,853

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Well, since I love New Orleans Square any thing there is a given. And all of the restaurants have their menus posted outside so no problem. And I so want to eat at the BT BBQ.
That BBQ places sounds so good doesn't it? Who doesn't love BBQ??? Mmmm.
__________________
DisneyStitch626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:50 PM   #68
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,184

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
I have been reading that it is hardly ever very busy over there. I am curious as to why? I know it's not the same as Disneyland, but it still seems like there is a lot to do and see there. Apart from the many rides, there is the DEP (at the moment), and the Animation Studios, and now World of Color. Sounds like a fun place to me!

And I am so looking forward to DTD. I think just the atmosphere, especially at night, will be so cool. I am hoping that if we don't get in too late, that we can take a stroll though there on our first night. It will be a Friday night, and DL most likely won't close until midnight. Do you know if DTD keeps things open later too?
I know that the bars and restaurants are probably going on until 1 or 2 even. And I love DTD, we are going to spend part of our first day after we get set up at our hotel. While we are there I am walking over to Disneyland or DCA to activate my AP. And then I will rejoin everyone else.

I will never understand why people don't like it except they expect it to be Disneyland and it just isn't. If you except it the way it is and don't expect it to be Disneyland you will have a ball. I think maybe the people that don't like it are from California, but that is one reason I love it so much. I am sad they are taking out some of the things that I love like the Golden Gate Bridge. I love walking under it, to me it is wonderful but they are going to take it out. I am so taking picture while we are there.

It will be busier this year because they are opening World of Color. I think we are just going to give the World of Color a miss this trip. I will catch it on another trip this year. We will instead focus on Fantasmic at night. Maybe that will be less crowded.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:51 PM   #69
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,184

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
That BBQ places sounds so good doesn't it? Who doesn't love BBQ??? Mmmm.
I know huh?
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 05:04 PM   #70
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyStitch626's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,853

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I know that the bars and restaurants are probably going on until 1 or 2 even. And I love DTD, we are going to spend part of our first day after we get set up at our hotel. While we are there I am walking over to Disneyland or DCA to activate my AP. And then I will rejoin everyone else.

I will never understand why people don't like it except they expect it to be Disneyland and it just isn't. If you except it the way it is and don't expect it to be Disneyland you will have a ball. I think maybe the people that don't like it are from California, but that is one reason I love it so much. I am sad they are taking out some of the things that I love like the Golden Gate Bridge. I love walking under it, to me it is wonderful but they are going to take it out. I am so taking picture while we are there.

It will be busier this year because they are opening World of Color. I think we are just going to give the World of Color a miss this trip. I will catch it on another trip this year. We will instead focus on Fantasmic at night. Maybe that will be less crowded.
I think it is strange that they are taking down the bridge. I heard they were taking the letters down at the entrance too. I wonder why? They changed the swings and the wheel. Are they trying to get away from the California theme now? Cause that's what it seems like. I don't know how, since its called "California Adventure".

I am really hoping that World of Color will be playing on weekdays as well while we are there. I made sure we were going to be there at least one weekend day for Fantasmic, but I am not sure when we will be able to go down again, so I really want to be able to see World of Color as well.
__________________
DisneyStitch626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 05:07 PM   #71
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyStitch626's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,853

Maybe I should just get 6 day tickets, and we will try and get there as soon as we can by getting up a bit earlier to drive, and then try and get to WOC too. If we get there at 7 and DL is open til midnight, it might be worth it to get an extra day in.
__________________
DisneyStitch626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 05:13 PM   #72
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,184

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
I think it is strange that they are taking down the bridge. I heard they were taking the letters down at the entrance too. I wonder why? They changed the swings and the wheel. Are they trying to get away from the California theme now? Cause that's what it seems like. I don't know how, since its called "California Adventure".

I am really hoping that World of Color will be playing on weekdays as well while we are there. I made sure we were going to be there at least one weekend day for Fantasmic, but I am not sure when we will be able to go down again, so I really want to be able to see World of Color as well.
World of Color is opening while we are there is why I know it is going to be real busy while we are there. By the time you go maybe it will slow down. It looks to me that they are going to make it more like an homage to southern California in that part of the park, Santa Cruz in the boardwalk area and the northern part of the state in the winery and Grizzle River area. Oh and San Francisco in the Wharf area. One place you have to visit is the Mission Tortilla factory and get a fresh tortilla. Oh my gosh they are wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
Maybe I should just get 6 day tickets, and we will try and get there as soon as we can by getting up a bit earlier to drive, and then try and get to WOC too. If we get there at 7 and DL is open til midnight, it might be worth it to get an extra day in.
You know the difference in price is only $15 for that extra day and if you have priced the ticket it is worth that $15.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 05:14 PM   #73
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyStitch626's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,853

[QUOTE=kaoden39;36124194]I know that the bars and restaurants are probably going on until 1 or 2 even. And I love DTD, we are going to spend part of our first day after we get set up at our hotel. While we are there I am walking over to Disneyland or DCA to activate my AP. And then I will rejoin everyone else. [QUOTE]

An AP sounds so exciting! I wish I could justify getting one. But when it's going to cost us nearly $3000 for this trip, I can't see us being able to do it again before it expires. I wish though!
__________________
DisneyStitch626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 05:17 PM   #74
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,184

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post

An AP sounds so exciting! I wish I could justify getting one. But when it's going to cost us nearly $3000 for this trip, I can't see us being able to do it again before it expires. I wish though!
I justify it also by the 15% off of meals and the free parking. When you figure that parking is $15 a day, and we are feeding 6 people in our part of the group alone it really racks up the savings after a while and justifies the price.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 05:27 PM   #75
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyStitch626's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,853

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
World of Color is opening while we are there is why I know it is going to be real busy while we are there. By the time you go maybe it will slow down. It looks to me that they are going to make it more like an homage to southern California in that part of the park, Santa Cruz in the boardwalk area and the northern part of the state in the winery and Grizzle River area. Oh and San Francisco in the Wharf area. One place you have to visit is the Mission Tortilla factory and get a fresh tortilla. Oh my gosh they are wonderful.



You know the difference in price is only $15 for that extra day and if you have priced the ticket it is worth that $15.
For only $15, I might consider doing that. It's not an extra night in the hotel or anything, so it's not like it will cost us a whole bunch more. Maybe when it gets closer and we know the hours and if WOC will be open all week or not, we can see if it will be worth it to get there a little faster.

Sounds like DCA is getting quite the make-over. Too bad that Carsland won't be open by the time we get there, it sounds like a really cool area!
__________________
DisneyStitch626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WALT DISNEY WORLD VET VISITS D'LAND TRIP REPORT --- my first trip report ever! KCmike Disneyland Trip Reports 50 07-23-2010 02:37 PM
TRIP REPORT wp,whitehall. ross&debs 22nd april 09 TRIP REPORT FINALLY ADDED. macca77 Disney Weddings and Honeymoons 37 06-27-2009 04:42 PM
Tifani's Tour Guide Mike Challenge or My Pre-Trip Trip Pre-Trip Report t-beri Completed Trip Reports 61 07-04-2008 09:52 AM
Tifani's Tourguide Mike's Challenge...or My Pre-trip trip pre-trip report. t-beri Completed Trip Reports 1 06-29-2008 01:57 PM
Teresajoy's Very Old Disney World Trip Report/The Most Depressing Trip Report Ever teresajoy Completed Trip Reports 11 03-23-2008 01:35 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.