Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2010, 04:17 PM   #16
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

So I am able to get 2 extra days off work to add to my vacation time! I work quite a bit of overtime and I am able to use those hours as extra days off. So I am going to use them then.

So now the plan is:

Wednesday Sept 29th - Get off work at 5 p.m. and pack up everything in the car. Drive down to my Mom's in Calgary to stay for the night. It's only 2 hours from Red Deer, but it's 2 hours closer to start our road trip early the next morning.

Thursday Sept 30th - Get up at about 4 - 4:30 a.m. and be on the road by 5. Our goal is to try and make it to Salt Lake City. Google says it's about 14 and a half hours, but I am not sure if that includes wait time at the border, traffic, etc, so I am going to estimate about 16 hours. That puts us there at about 9:00 pm at night. I figure if we take turns driving, we can do it. We will probably stay at a Motel 6 or something close to the highway.

Friday Oct 1st - Get up about 8, I want to sleep a little later, as we will probably be pretty tired from our long day of driving the day before. But I'd like to leave by 9 a.m. and it's about 12 hours (I added a couple more again, just in case) and that should get us to our hotel at 9:00pm. Hopefully we can get a good nights sleep to be up bright and early for our first day in the parks!

Saturday Oct 2nd - Our first full day in the park! I don't know if I will plan a whole bunch for the first 2 days. It might get fairly busy as I heard this is when Gay Days is going on. So we might just walk around and try to get on as much as we can, and to try and get to where the crowds are not! I am hoping to catch Fantasmic! though, as I am not sure it will be running every night of our trip.

Sunday Oct 3rd - No plans as of yet. I am hoping that World of Color will be running every night, as it will still be fairly new. I would like to catch it once without a camera and once with. So I can enjoy it at least once without the lense blocking my view!

Monday Oct 4th - I am hoping the parks start to slow down, so we can ride as many things as we can. Might make a PS for this day. Either a lunch at BB or a dinner at GK.

Tuesday Oct 5th - My Birthday!! I will be making a PS for breakfast at the PCH Grill in hopes of seeing Mickey and Stitch. It will be a great birthday meal! Does anyone know what time I should aim to be there to meet the most characters? We will probably go on more rides, maybe start some shopping for gifts for ourselves and our friends and family.

Wednesday Oct 6th - Our last day . We will probably make the other PS for this day. Either GK or BB, which ever we didn't do on Monday. Then we will finish our shopping and try and get in anything we missed, or ride our favourites. I want to take an hour or so with my DSLR and walk around just taking pictures of things. Not sure if it would be better to do that on the weekend when everything is busy, or wait until we've done everything we want to do. It just seems like if it's not going to be too busy, I'd rather use that time to be on the rides and things.

Thursday Oct 7th - I would like to sleep in a bit this day. We will be really exhausted I'm sure. I would like to be on the road no later than 10:30. We plan to make a stop at the Disney Soda Fountain for lunch and search for a few stars on the Walk of Fame. Maybe walk around there a bit. I hear we might see someone famous! Who knows! We won't take up too much time here as we are heading for Las Vegas, and would like to be there at a decent time. We are hoping for 5 or 6 pm at the latest. We will be checking into the Planet Hollywood Hotel (hopefully) for the next 2 nights.

Friday Oct 8th - We will be exploring as much of LV as we can. I would like to visit the Coca-Cola and M&M stores. I am mostly just wanting to explore and shop. I am not a gambler, I don't really want to spend much money on shows, and I have recently learned that I am most likely allergic to alcohol. I guess those Eifle Tower drinks are out of the question for me! I would also like to try and catch the Belagio Fountains, and since PH is just across the street, it shouldn't be too hard.

Saturday Oct 9th - Time to start heading home! We will head out probaby about 9 or 10 am and make it as far as we can. We'll have to grab a hotel somewhere and then drive the rest of the way home the next day. We almost all the way. We would like to make it to my Dad's Thanksgiving dinner on that Sunday!! Can't miss that!! Mmmm. We hope to maybe drive back to Red Deer that night so we can have all of Monday (Thanksgiving in Canada) to relax before starting work on Tuesday.

So that's the plan. Sounds pretty good so far to me! I just hope we can fit everything in. That is a lot of driving, and I just hope we can get as far as we can so we don't lose park time!

Last edited by DisneyStitch626; 03-25-2010 at 09:54 AM.
DisneyStitch626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 05:18 PM   #17
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Hi there!! It all looks good, and exciting.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2010, 05:28 PM   #18
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Thank you! I hope it all works out!
Old 03-24-2010, 05:40 PM   #19
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
Thank you! I hope it all works out!
Me too!!
Old 03-27-2010, 07:23 PM   #20
LindaM
What happens when my goats have goats..will they be my grandgoats?

We are doing the same trip as well but in May. We drove to Vegas last year, and it was amazing. The 15 is a great highway, your plans sound great.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:34 PM   #21
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

It's great to finally see someone from the same area! And I am glad to hear from someone who is doing a similar trip. Are you doing a trip report or anything?
Old 03-29-2010, 05:35 PM   #22
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

This has nothing to do with my current trip report, but I thought I would share some exciting news anyways.

After reading so many TR's over the last couple weeks, I've been thinking about how nice it would be to see a Disney park at Christmas Time. So I mentioned the idea of a possible Christmas 2011 trip to WDW to my boyfriend, and all he said was "as long as we don't have to drive". I didn't hear a "no" in there, so of course, I took that to mean we are possibly going to start planning a trip to WDW as soon as we get back from DL!!!
Old 03-29-2010, 06:15 PM   #23
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
This has nothing to do with my current trip report, but I thought I would share some exciting news anyways.

After reading so many TR's over the last couple weeks, I've been thinking about how nice it would be to see a Disney park at Christmas Time. So I mentioned the idea of a possible Christmas 2011 trip to WDW to my boyfriend, and all he said was "as long as we don't have to drive". I didn't hear a "no" in there, so of course, I took that to mean we are possibly going to start planning a trip to WDW as soon as we get back from DL!!!
Woohoo!!
Old 03-30-2010, 08:55 AM   #24
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

I may have spoke a little too soon about a possible trip to WDW, but we will see what happens. My boyfriends brother has decided on getting married in Mexico next March, so as soon as we get back from Disneyland, we will have to start saving for that. I am hoping if I can find good enough prices that we might still be able to squeeze in a WDW trip. I would like to go there before we have kids. And now that I am almost 30, I really need to work on the kid thing soon!
Old 03-31-2010, 10:45 AM   #25
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Ok, I know I am a little old for video games, and I really don't play that many. But the other night I watched Nightmare Before Christmas for the first time (I know! I know! shame on me!) and the music just brought back so many memories of playing Kingdom Hearts 2, that I am considering playing it again. It's the only game I have ever actually finished on my own, and I just loved it. Probably mostly the Disney aspect of it, but it was still a great game for me. I mostly loved the music, and everytime I hear music that was played in it now, I think about how much I want to play again. So maybe I will and use that as a means for passing time and it will for sure help get me in the Disney spirit! As if I need any assistance though!
Old 03-31-2010, 12:29 PM   #26
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Ok, I know I am a little old for video games, and I really don't play that many. But the other night I watched Nightmare Before Christmas for the first time (I know! I know! shame on me!) and the music just brought back so many memories of playing Kingdom Hearts 2, that I am considering playing it again. It's the only game I have ever actually finished on my own, and I just loved it. Probably mostly the Disney aspect of it, but it was still a great game for me. I mostly loved the music, and everytime I hear music that was played in it now, I think about how much I want to play again. So maybe I will and use that as a means for passing time and it will for sure help get me in the Disney spirit! As if I need any assistance though!
I love my video games. I have my own PSP and my own DS. I am the one that buys the video games and all that. So, if you are too old, goodness I am ancient.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:45 PM   #27
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

I love them too, and I play them, I just never like a game enough to finish it. There are so many that I have started and just lose interest, or get frustrated and then I never touch it again. Kingdom Hearts is the only one. My boyfriend is obsessed with computers and video game stuff, so we have every system you can think of. He has even rebuilt 2 arcade machines, which we now have sitting in our basement rec room. Now he wants to rebuild a pinball table, but I have no idea if we have the room for it!
Old 03-31-2010, 01:09 PM   #28
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
I love them too, and I play them, I just never like a game enough to finish it. There are so many that I have started and just lose interest, or get frustrated and then I never touch it again. Kingdom Hearts is the only one. My boyfriend is obsessed with computers and video game stuff, so we have every system you can think of. He has even rebuilt 2 arcade machines, which we now have sitting in our basement rec room. Now he wants to rebuild a pinball table, but I have no idea if we have the room for it!
I love the Final Fantasy games. I can play them over and over again. I am an addict.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:15 PM   #29
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

I have been debating getting into those. Just the later ones though. Dillon plays the older ones all the time, and I just don't think I can play those ones and like them. Then again I am not sure the only reason I like Kingdom Hearts is the Disney. I love that I can summon Stitch to come and lick the face of the boss I am fighting to distract him! And I just LOVE the music, that pretty much made the game for me. I ended up getting the soundtrack for KH2!!
Old 03-31-2010, 05:37 PM   #30
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
I have been debating getting into those. Just the later ones though. Dillon plays the older ones all the time, and I just don't think I can play those ones and like them. Then again I am not sure the only reason I like Kingdom Hearts is the Disney. I love that I can summon Stitch to come and lick the face of the boss I am fighting to distract him! And I just LOVE the music, that pretty much made the game for me. I ended up getting the soundtrack for KH2!!
I tend to enjoy the storylines that go with them. Geeky I know.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: