Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2010, 02:54 PM   #196
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Ugh, this Trick or Treat party thing is kind of frustrating me. By the sounds of it, it's going to be on at least 2 of our nights. And both of those nights are nights the park is open later, which is what I wanted to take advantage of.

So now I am considering buy tickets to one of the nights just so we can get park time. Does anyone know how much tickets are? And do you have to dress up? I don't really like dressing up, nor do I want to lug a costume down from Canada.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:05 PM   #197
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Ok, Grace asked one of the worst questions in the world of Disney the other day:

"What is there to do in Disneyland that requires us to stay there for 6 Days?"

Um, what don't you do? Um you ride rides, eat, shop, visit characters, watch fireworks, parades, shows, people. Theres LOTS to do, and it takes a lot longer to do those things than some people might expect. I think she is in for quite a surprise if she needs to ask that question! She likes Disney stuff, so I have a feeling it will be a good surprise!
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2010, 07:46 PM   #198
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
Ugh, this Trick or Treat party thing is kind of frustrating me. By the sounds of it, it's going to be on at least 2 of our nights. And both of those nights are nights the park is open later, which is what I wanted to take advantage of.

So now I am considering buy tickets to one of the nights just so we can get park time. Does anyone know how much tickets are? And do you have to dress up? I don't really like dressing up, nor do I want to lug a costume down from Canada.
I am guessing that it will be going on most of your trip. It used to be in DCA but this year I hear it is going to be in Disneyland. I would be tempted to buy tickets too if that was the only way I could be in the park.

Quote:
Ok, Grace asked one of the worst questions in the world of Disney the other day:

"What is there to do in Disneyland that requires us to stay there for 6 Days?"

Um, what don't you do? Um you ride rides, eat, shop, visit characters, watch fireworks, parades, shows, people. Theres LOTS to do, and it takes a lot longer to do those things than some people might expect. I think she is in for quite a surprise if she needs to ask that question! She likes Disney stuff, so I have a feeling it will be a good surprise!
Oh boy I hope she enjoys herself if she is asking that already.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:01 PM   #199
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

So it looks like we might do a little rearranging again!

I was told that lastminutetravel is a good place to find Disney tickets, and it turns out it saves us quite a bit! The only thing is, they only have up to 5 day passes, and we have originally planned for 6.

So we were thinking of taking that extra $120 it saves us, and taking a day out to Six Flags, or Hollywood for a day, or San Diego Zoo would be cool too. Gotta check the prices on that!

So as long as we get to the Disney area early enough to spend a full 5 days in the parks, I will be happy fitting something else in there too!

Ooh this is getting exciting!!
Old 05-20-2010, 03:07 PM   #200
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Ok, so this is what the new plan will be, if everyone else is ok with it of course!

Leave Red Deer early afternoon on Wednesday Sept 29th. I am hoping my boss will let me go a couple hours early, so we can get a head start.

Head to Calgary, have a quick dinner at my mom's. Load G&G's things into the car and head out. Not sure if we will be stopping or not, but we will try and make it to Howard Johnson for Thursday evening. I will have to adjust my dates that I have reserved there by a day. Hope to have a good nights sleep that night

Friday to Tuesday we will spend in the parks. I am thinking about purchasing TOTP tickets in order to get more DL park time, as we hear it might take up a couple of our nights.

Wednesday we will check out early and start heading up to Six Flags. We will probably check into the Holiday Inn right across from the park, then go into the park for the day.

Thrusday we will check out by 10. Head down to Hollywood, where we will have lunch at the Disney Soda Fountain and look for Michael Jackson's star (it's on the same block!!!) on the Walk of Fame, before we head to Las Vegas.

The rest of Thursday, and Friday and most of Saturday we will spend in LV. We will leave Saturday evening and drive as far as we can until we get tired. Check in to a motel for the night, and head the rest of the way home on Sunday.

I am liking this idea, cause my brother and I have dreamed of going to Six Flags since we were old enough to ride roller coasters. We love them, and always wished to go on some of those really big ones. Grace and Dillon like rides too, so it should be a great time for everyone. Plus we get to see just a little more of California than just Disneyland (even though I would be just fine with only seeing DL).

So, as long as this is ok with everyone. This is the plan. Hopefully it will stay!
Old 05-20-2010, 04:42 PM   #201
kaoden39
Hugs

On the Six Flags do not expect a park up to Disney standards, because it simply won't be. In my experience their parks are dirty and even more over priced than Disney is.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:45 PM   #202
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Oh I am definitely not expecting anything close to Disney. We really just want to go there for the roller coasters. And I don't know when the next chance we will get the opportunity to go there, so we are going to try before we are too old to enjoy roller coasters anymore!
Old 05-20-2010, 04:51 PM   #203
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Oh I am definitely not expecting anything close to Disney. We really just want to go there for the roller coasters. And I don't know when the next chance we will get the opportunity to go there, so we are going to try before we are too old to enjoy roller coasters anymore!
And it is a pretty good drive away too. It is at least two hours away from Disneyland.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:54 PM   #204
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Yeah we'll probably have to leave at like 7 or 8 in the morning to get a full day.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:01 PM   #205
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Ok, so I guess I am going to have to nix the whole Six Flags idea because it's closed on weekdays that time of year. So unless we plan to go on the weekend, which would take away from Fantasmic and WOC, which I don't want to do, then we can't go.

So maybe going to the beach and checking out a little more of Hollywood would be cool for Wednesday. And just stay at a hotel closer to Las Vegas Wednesday night. That way we can spend more time in LV. That sounds like a fun day too!
Old 05-20-2010, 05:20 PM   #206
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Unless! We drove to a hotel near Six Flags for Thursday night, spent Friday there. Then Friday night drive to HOJO (can you do late check ins?), spend Saturday night (for Fantasmic) and Sunday morning in DL. Head over to DCA for WOC Sunday afternoon, and have Monday to Wednesday still in the parks.

That could work too! Sooo many possiblities. And I'm starting to get a headache.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:08 PM   #207
kaoden39
Hugs

Have you thought about Knott's Berry Farm? It has a lot of roller coasters and is much closer.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:57 PM   #208
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

I did think about that. The only reason I picked Six Flags is because they have a deal on the internet and its $20 per ticket cheaper.

We have figured out our plan. It's a little bit of bouncing, but we can still fit everything in.

We will spend Friday and Saturday in the Disney Parks, Sunday at Six Flags (since that might be the TOTP night anyways), then Monday to Wednesday back at DLR. It's a lot of driving, but I think it will be fun. Garrett and I were just talking about how long we've wanted to go there. It's been a looooong time!

So hopefully we've got it all figured out now. I will probably order Six Flags tix next week. That will give us some time to sit on it and make sure thats what we want to do. I should check and see how long that sale is on.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:43 PM   #209
kaoden39
Hugs

Sounds like a plan!!
Old 05-25-2010, 03:22 PM   #210
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

It is kind of a sad day for me today. My Dad's dog of 18 years died today. Well he was his girlfriends dog, but I have still known him for about 8 years, so I am sad about it. Being he was 18, it was probably time. My Dad said he was sick all last night, but was peaceful by the time they got him to the vet this morning. They decided it was time to put him down, so he wasn't in pain anymore. I am sad, but he is better now.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: