Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2010, 09:28 PM   #151
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

I am currently watching American Idol for the first time in like 8 seasons. I heard Shania Twain was going to be on it, so I just had to turn it on. I love her, and it's awesome to see a show dedicated to her.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:16 PM   #152
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
I am currently watching American Idol for the first time in like 8 seasons. I heard Shania Twain was going to be on it, so I just had to turn it on. I love her, and it's awesome to see a show dedicated to her.
Irony is I am watching it right now.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2010, 09:07 AM   #153
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

I thought it was pretty good. Usually I am a little nervous about watching other people butchering songs I like, but I had a feeling since it is so close to the end of the season, that most would do a good job. And most did. Except I didn't really like that girl with the dreadlocks. She kinda ruined "No One Needs To Know" a bit.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:01 AM   #154
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
I thought it was pretty good. Usually I am a little nervous about watching other people butchering songs I like, but I had a feeling since it is so close to the end of the season, that most would do a good job. And most did. Except I didn't really like that girl with the dreadlocks. She kinda ruined "No One Needs To Know" a bit.
And the irony is that she is the best one on the show.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:10 AM   #155
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

I kind of gathered she was, just by listening to the judges talk to her, but I haven't been watching, so I can't really tell who's best from just the one episode. I really liked the first guy, cause that was my favourite Shania song, and I thought he did a good job of it.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:15 PM   #156
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Boy am I ever glad that I have a fairly easy job (most of the time) right now! I have a cold that came on really quick yesterday and now it's kickin' my butt really bad! As long as I don't get one on the trip, I don't care how many I get now....ok, I do, but I still don't want one while on the trip!
Old 04-29-2010, 12:57 AM   #157
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Boy am I ever glad that I have a fairly easy job (most of the time) right now! I have a cold that came on really quick yesterday and now it's kickin' my butt really bad! As long as I don't get one on the trip, I don't care how many I get now....ok, I do, but I still don't want one while on the trip!
My daughter Kody has a cold that has been kicking her butt. I hope you feel better.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:13 PM   #158
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

I just ordered a laptop! I am pretty excited about it. It's just one of those mini net book type ones, but I think it will be just fine. It will be easy to take on the trip, and be something to do while in the car all day. And I can now have somewhere to plug in all my notes for my trip report while winding down at the hotel every evening!

My laptop now is falling apart. The frame for the screen is cracked in three places. There are keys missing, somehow, and I can't use it unless it's plugged into the wall, because the battery is shot. What is the point of a laptop if it always needs to be plugged in?

So I decided it was time. And I am glad I have a computer genius for a boyfriend to help me decided on the right one. Only cost me $400! Now just the waiting game for it to be delivered! T-Minus 14 days!
Old 05-01-2010, 05:27 PM   #159
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
I just ordered a laptop! I am pretty excited about it. It's just one of those mini net book type ones, but I think it will be just fine. It will be easy to take on the trip, and be something to do while in the car all day. And I can now have somewhere to plug in all my notes for my trip report while winding down at the hotel every evening!

My laptop now is falling apart. The frame for the screen is cracked in three places. There are keys missing, somehow, and I can't use it unless it's plugged into the wall, because the battery is shot. What is the point of a laptop if it always needs to be plugged in?

So I decided it was time. And I am glad I have a computer genius for a boyfriend to help me decided on the right one. Only cost me $400! Now just the waiting game for it to be delivered! T-Minus 14 days!

Oh that is great.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:51 PM   #160
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Finally booked our Las Vegas Hotel! We will be staying in a Hollywood Hip suite with a King Size Bed in a non-smoking room.

It feels so good to get the hotels out of the way. I won't book the ones while on the road, cause we won't know which ones we are staying at until we pull up into the parking lot.

Now I just have to wait until August-ish to see if Airmiles posts park passes that can be used after Sept 30th. I wish I could just get them now and get it over with. Other than that, all we have to save for now is just spending money. Yay!
Old 05-04-2010, 07:11 PM   #161
kaoden39
Hugs

Yay!! And congratulations on having gone over 500 posts.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:11 PM   #162
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Wow, I hadn't realized I had been talking that much....I don't think I am ready to be called a Veteran yet!
Old 05-04-2010, 10:33 PM   #163
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Wow, I hadn't realized I had been talking that much....I don't think I am ready to be called a Veteran yet!
They add up real quick don't they?
Old 05-06-2010, 04:43 PM   #164
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Ok, I feel like a bit of an idiot! Lol. I've been a Disney fan all my life, but I guess I didn't pay as much attention to parks and stuff as I thought.

Until just two nights ago, I had no idea there was a Disneyland in Hong Kong. When did that get there??? I knew about Paris, Tokyo, the Disney Cruises, and of course Disney World, but had no idea about Hong Kong.

I guess it's true you learn something new every day, but I thought being as big of a fan that I am, I would have know all the parks that existed! Apparently not!
Old 05-07-2010, 06:53 PM   #165
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

The other day I was racking my brain on what to get my mom for Mother's Day. So I decided to take a look at the Disney Store site, and I found a cute little Mickey that I thought she'd love. You can personalize him with a greeting on a tag on his hand, and he comes in a cute box.

I was so worried that it wouldn't make it on time, but it just arrived today. Perfect timing!!! And as I thought she would, she loved him.

Here he is: http://aimg.disneystore.com/content/...tml?pid=200438

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: