Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2010, 08:05 PM   #31
3girls4me05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillylynnb View Post
Ok im in but i have to ask what or who do we spy in that picture???
Welcome! I confess I thought I managed to get the Mayor in the right there but now that I look closely he doesn't have his mayor sash on. So help me out people? Is that the Mayor? If not then who is that man in a top hat and tails?

Any guesses on my recent question?
Previous trips
8/29-8/30/08-ASSp
8/21-8/29/08-ASMu
4/02-CSR
6/89-FW (trailers back then)
Old 03-19-2010, 05:26 PM   #32
3girls4me05
DIS Veteran

No guesses yet?
Ok, I'll spill. On our last trip we were greeted by the famous Push, the talking trash can. He commented on liking T's pink crocs and she has never ever forgotten. We will be driving down the road and suddenly she will say "Remember when that trash can said he liked my shoes?" and start laughing. Considering she wasn't even three yet when this happened..well it must have left an impression.
So after the Transit Authority T had to go potty. So L and S stayed with the group and I ran T to the nearest potty. We came out and my phone rang. It was a text from S saying "We are talking to Push!" Push! We need to find him! So we ran around like chickens with no heads trying to reconnect with the rest of the group. We finally found them at the backside of Stitch's Great Escape. He was singing Happy Birthday to S! Afterwards she got a text from her cousin and he said "Who's that..your boyfriend?" I don't think I have seen S turned more shades of red. T ran up to him when we finally found them and he immediatly started singing the theme to Beauty and the Beast (remember she was wearing her Belle dress). I wasn't thinking quick enough to take video but got lots of pictures.
Here is Push singing to T

Last they were asked by Push to walk him to his door. They were allowed to open it and push him in!
They had a blast!
Previous trips
8/29-8/30/08-ASSp
8/21-8/29/08-ASMu
4/02-CSR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2010, 08:46 AM   #33
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Haha, what a cute comment about the trash can liking the shoes! Only in Disney does that sentence make complete sense! And what a memory to get that special one-on-one time of walking him to the door!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 03-23-2010, 06:17 PM   #34
3girls4me05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Haha, what a cute comment about the trash can liking the shoes! Only in Disney does that sentence make complete sense! And what a memory to get that special one-on-one time of walking him to the door!
I know! I will say that seeing and interacting with Push made the day even more special.
Previous trips
8/29-8/30/08-ASSp
8/21-8/29/08-ASMu
4/02-CSR
Old 03-23-2010, 06:34 PM   #35
3girls4me05
DIS Veteran

So now was time for a quick bite to eat. Then we went our separate ways. Last time we were at WDW my middle DD L balked just as we were about to load at Haunted Mansion. I talked her on to it and she cried the whole time and was shaking scared. I felt like the world's biggest loser of a mom. So when Uncle G and D said they wanted to do the Haunted Mansion I sent S and Grammy with them. L and T wanted to do the Speedway. As usual the line was long. We jumped in and T immediatly made a little friend to play peek a boo, copy cat and all sorts of other games with which made the time fly.
Here they are waiting in line

We got up to the cars and T and L were thrilled to find out that they could ride together! I felt a bit silly driving in a car by myself but I wanted to go on the Speedway too! T did the steering and L was in charge of the gas pedal. Heaven help me when they get to driving age. T did fine on the straight aways but was all over the place on the curves. L kept the speed at Old Lady level. We all made it back fine though and the girls had a blast!

We met back up with the Haunted Mansion gang and what ride did everyone want to do but Alice's Tea Party again! Uncle D and G, Grammy and S had missed it earlier in the day. The line was pretty short (unusual for that day) so on we went. We opted for a slower tea cup and Uncle D took L and S on a spinning ride that should have made even the strongest stomach queasy.

Sorry this is a bit dark
Previous trips
8/29-8/30/08-ASSp
8/21-8/29/08-ASMu
4/02-CSR
Old 03-25-2010, 06:25 PM   #36
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

I remember loving the Speedway as a kid! As I got older, I realized that it's nearly impossible to drive them correctly! Now that I drive a real car, the excitement is gone, but because I remember the anticipation so clearly, I'll definitely bring my kids there if they want a spin around the track!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 04-02-2010, 07:38 PM   #37
3girls4me05
DIS Veteran

T was now begging to go on Dumbo. As typical the line was an hour long. But who can dissapoint a 4 yr old princess? Uncle D and L agreed to go so off we went to Dumbo. The rest of the gang ended up at Mickey's Philharmonic. I have to say that one of my favorite parts of WDW is chatting with strangers in line. Sure enough T made another little friend to play with as we waited and I ended up chatting with her grandma who was there with her whole extended family. While we were waiting I had a "duh" moment. I realized that I had forgotten my Verizon cell phone had Mobile Magic as an app! For those of you who don't know about this, it is an application you can download that will tell you wait times and fast pass return times for all the rides. I found out it even tells you where you are! So all the FL rides had long wait times. But I found that over in Adventureland the ride times were only 20-30 min!
After Dumbo we enjoyed a quick ride on Cindella's Carousel. You can see Uncle D and G, L and T at the back of the castle in this picture. Look at all the crowds behind them! It was a crowded day!
Previous trips
8/29-8/30/08-ASSp
8/21-8/29/08-ASMu
4/02-CSR

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: