Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2010, 10:54 PM   #16
aspen37
Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Signing on! I can't wait to hear about this ABD trip! I would never take it because I live in So Cal and would never be able to afford a staycation like that! So I will live vicariously through your adventure.

We will be at the GCV for two nights the day your group arrives. You are also getting there on the start of the Food & Wine Festival, so if you have extra time off, that might be a great way to enjoy yourselves.

I have a friend who is a Club 33 Member and have attended some of their "Member's only" Dinners when I can afford the $150pp charge, believe me when the wine is included all night, they have seen about everything. The one thing that will probably overwhelm the staff is getting all the merchandise that your group will all want to buy from the case to commemorate your trip there!

I would triple check this before you go, the dress code is not that severe that it is hard to adhere to. I've heard in the last couple years they have been not letting guests in. When guests (who a club member has made a regular reservations) pick up passes at Guest relations, they give us a card with all the Rules and Regulations including the Dress Code. I guess that is so if you are not dressed apropriately you can pick something up on Main Street to wear!

Looking very forward to hearing all about it!
Hi Alison! Glad to have you reading this, I might have a couple of questionsn for you before I leave.
When I was looking at ABD trips this was one of the trips I was not that interested in. If it wasn't for the DIS doing this group trip I would not have gone. This trip is alot money for 5 nights. I lived in So Cal as a kid and in my early twenty's and worked at Greenblatt's on Sunset in 1990. The last time I was in Hollywood it was well, let's say scary. I have been told that Hollywood BLVD has been cleaned up some since then.

We are staying an extra night at GC (Sunday) so we can enjoy DCA F&W. Are you planning on doing Sweet Sundays? My roomy Kim has done this at Epoct's F&W and loved it, so we were thinking of doing this. Then we want to check out as much of F&W as possible.

I wish I was as lucky as you too have eaten at Club 33 more than once.
One of our salesman at work has eaten at Club 33 many times. He worked for GE and they had many work functions at Club 33. When I told him I get to eat there he just looked at me and said "so, I've eaten there a bunch if times".
I hope Club 33 is warned to have lots of merch on hand for our group. It seems all of us want something from there. I need more money for all the stuff I want to buy on this trip. I hope to keep it in check some, and just get a few t-shirts and pins from most places.

We were told by the people that booked Club 33 that we can wear what we plan on wearing that day to the park. They said because we have Club 33 too ourselves that is why Disney agreed to dropping the dress code. What is the dress code for Club 33 anyway? I have seen video on You Tube and people were in shorts and t-shirts. I would think for men they would require a collard shirt, and I'm not sure what they want women to wear.
I will be tripping out when I get inside and am afraid I will miss something. What would you say I need to make sure I see in Club 33? Thanks for any info you can give me.

Backstage Magic Tour April 2010 Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2408048
aspen37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:23 AM   #17
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspen37 View Post

Are you planning on doing Sweet Sundays? My roomy Kim has done this at Epoct's F&W and loved it, so we were thinking of doing this. Then we want to check out as much of F&W as possible.
I did one Sweet Sundays last year with Keegan Gerhard, if you're a Food Network Fan you know who he is. He has a restaurant in Denver. As part of my Pre F&W 2010 report, I'll include pics for that Event. At $45 a person the value was marginal, at $70 a person we decided not to do it this year. I had planned on it until I saw the price list. As it is I think we've dropped about $1500 and that's with the AP discount on all the evening events!

Quote:

I hope Club 33 is warned to have lots of merch on hand for our group. It seems all of us want something from there. I need more money for all the stuff I want to buy on this trip. I hope to keep it in check some, and just get a few t-shirts and pins from most places.
The way their merchandise works is that they order it once and when it sells out they order something else. Normally there are some kinds of shirts, perhaps a beverage container (I have a coffee cup, travel coffee cup, a few shot glasses and some wine glasses), then they'll also have other things at random like key chains, cards, tote bags it just depends on when you're there what they have in various sizes. The merchandise is pricey $$$$, even more than regular Disney pricing reality zone.

Quote:

We were told by the people that booked Club 33 that we can wear what we plan on wearing that day to the park. They said because we have Club 33 too ourselves that is why Disney agreed to dropping the dress code. What is the dress code for Club 33 anyway?
The dress code really isn't that severe for most resonable people. Here is what is written on the card they gave us the last time we were there:

For Lunch Guests may come in fashionable casual attire in order to enjoy the Disneyland Resort in comfort. However, no tank tops, cut offs, swimsuits, bare midriffs, flip flops or beach wear may be worn. Walking length shorts are acceptable. Jeans are acceptable, provided they cover undergarments and are not extremely faded or torn.

Quote:

What would you say I need to make sure I see in Club 33? Thanks for any info you can give me.
Defnitely you need to visit the women's restroom! You'll understand when you see it! Other than that they will proabably have you in the main dining room, 43 is too much for the other room. I've been in large parties there and they can only fit 36 in there. Post lots of pictures, I'm curious how they would serve breakfast, buffet style probably, from what I've seen you'll probably have things like scrambled eggs with black truffles, some sort of seafood cakes like salmon or crab, ooooh or maybe crab cakes benedict! I'd love to see what they do, the lunch is incredible, and the few dinners where I've been there to order off the menu we've always ordered the Vintner's dinner.

Anyways, I'll be following your reports closely!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2010, 02:58 PM   #18
aspen37

Quote:
I did one Sweet Sundays last year with Keegan Gerhard, if you're a Food Network Fan you know who he is. He has a restaurant in Denver. As part of my Pre F&W 2010 report, I'll include pics for that Event. At $45 a person the value was marginal, at $70 a person we decided not to do it this year. I had planned on it until I saw the price list. As it is I think we've dropped about $1500 and that's with the AP discount on all the evening events!

The way their merchandise works is that they order it once and when it sells out they order something else. Normally there are some kinds of shirts, perhaps a beverage container (I have a coffee cup, travel coffee cup, a few shot glasses and some wine glasses), then they'll also have other things at random like key chains, cards, tote bags it just depends on when you're there what they have in various sizes. The merchandise is pricey $$$$, even more than regular Disney pricing reality zone.

The dress code really isn't that severe for most resonable people. Here is what is written on the card they gave us the last time we were there:

For Lunch Guests may come in fashionable casual attire in order to enjoy the Disneyland Resort in comfort. However, no tank tops, cut offs, swimsuits, bare midriffs, flip flops or beach wear may be worn. Walking length shorts are acceptable. Jeans are acceptable, provided they cover undergarments and are not extremely faded or torn.

Defnitely you need to visit the women's restroom! You'll understand when you see it! Other than that they will proabably have you in the main dining room, 43 is too much for the other room. I've been in large parties there and they can only fit 36 in there. Post lots of pictures, I'm curious how they would serve breakfast, buffet style probably, from what I've seen you'll probably have things like scrambled eggs with black truffles, some sort of seafood cakes like salmon or crab, ooooh or maybe crab cakes benedict! I'd love to see what they do, the lunch is incredible, and the few dinners where I've been there to order off the menu we've always ordered the Vintner's dinner.

Anyways, I'll be following your reports closely!

I was wondering if Sweet Sundays was really worth $70.00 PP. Thanks for the info. I think I will save my money and spend it on something else. I might have to check out Keegan's restaurant the next time I'm in Denver. I love Food Networks Challenge series, I just looked at his menu and it looks great.

I was thinking that they probably charged more in Club 33 for the merchandise. I will have to restrain my self from over buying. Kim and I were thinking the pins might be around $24.00. I wanted to get a pin for myself and a friend. He will be at Disneyland Paris in May and we are going to trade pins.

The dress code is nothing to worry about it looks like. I will be wearing either long shorts or capri's.
I just bought some black flats that I'm trying to break in to wear at Club 33. I was thinking my sneakers might be a little yucky for the Club and going in Walt's Apt. I might put another pair of shoes in my backpack so if my feet start to hurt I can change.

Thanks for the Women's restroom tip. I will have to check it out.
You are right that we will be having a buffet. I promise to take tons of pictures.
We will have access to the Trophy room as well. I know to check out the Turkey Vulture and the speakers in the Chandelier, can you think of anything I might miss in the Trophy room?
Thanks for all the tips!

Backstage Magic Tour April 2010 Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2408048
Old 03-08-2010, 09:18 PM   #19
franandaj

Quote:

We will have access to the Trophy room as well. I know to check out the Turkey Vulture and the speakers in the Chandelier, can you think of anything I might miss in the Trophy room?
A member of our concert band is a Club Member and every year that our band plays at the park, we do a dinner the night before at Club 33. We are always in the trophy room because that's where they put Private Parties. They have some nice nostalgic pictures in there, but other than the microphones in the chandeliers, I can't think of much else.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
Old 03-10-2010, 09:33 PM   #20
aspen37

Hi guys! I got a surprise from the Brown Truck Of Joy today and here is what was in the box. The backpack is not too big. I am hoping to barrow my grandmothers Nikon 12MP DSL and her HD video camera and am not sure if the backpack will be big enough. So I think I will bring my big backpack to my grandmas and if I don't need it then I can leave it there during the trip. Well. other than the pictures I don't have anything more info on the trip.

Last edited by aspen37; 03-13-2010 at 12:13 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:37 PM   #21
aspen37

Hi everyone!
We had a private chat on Thursday and found out we will have three tour guides on this trip. Normally they have two on the tours. ABD decided since we have 44 people instead of 40, that we needed an extra tour guide. From what was said during chat this was the first time they allowed more than the 40 people on the tour.

The other thing we found out is they want the Dis Boards and Dreams Unlimited to agree on another tour before we go on this tour. The top two trips we talked about during chat was Disneyland Paris which ABD doesn't have a tour for and Ireland. I think I need a second job!
We didn't really talk much about our up coming trip. Most of us are coming in a day early and heading over to Warner Brothers Studio. We are having another chat next Thursday and I hope they have more info on the next trip for us. I need as much time to pay for and plan the next ABD trip as possible.

I am so ready for this trip! It has been a long cold and cloudy winter here in Colorado. I'm hoping for perfect weather. I'm thinking 75 - 80 and sunny everyday would be sooo nice.

Last edited by aspen37; 03-14-2010 at 10:53 AM.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:13 AM   #22
The Red Head
Mouseketeer

Well I spent a week in Aspen last year in April, and it was still snowing and cold. I don't know if it will be as high as 80 on your trip, but it will definitely be warmer than where you are. In April it should be in the 70's during the day, but could still get chilly at night.
The Red Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:42 AM   #23
aspen37

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Head View Post
Well I spent a week in Aspen last year in April, and it was still snowing and cold. I don't know if it will be as high as 80 on your trip, but it will definitely be warmer than where you are. In April it should be in the 70's during the day, but could still get chilly at night.
Where did you stay when you were here? It is rare too talk to someone who has visited here. Most people go to Vail because it is closer to Denver. April is kind of ugly around here. The snow is brown and melting.
I live across from the airport a ten minute walk to Buttermilk Mountain.

Do you think it will be in the 50's at night in DL/DCA?
I plan on bringing shorts and capris for the day time and jeans and fleece jackets at night. I need to remember to bring my umbrella and rain poncho home from work and pack it.

Old 03-14-2010, 01:01 PM   #24
franandaj

Quote:

Do you think it will be in the 50's at night in DL/DCA?
I plan on bringing shorts and capris for the day time and jeans and fleece jackets at night. I need to remember to bring my umbrella and rain poncho home from work and pack it.
Temperatures are in the low 50's at night right now. When I got home Thursday night around 11PM it was 52. By April it should be in the high 50's if things are normal, but this has been a crazy weather year! Hopefully we're done with the rain and by the time you get here it's Sunny as Usual!
Old 03-15-2010, 11:41 AM   #25
The Red Head
Mouseketeer

I stayed at a friend's house in Snowmass Village. We were going to a cousin's wedding in Denver and spent a week in Snowmass Village then went to the wedding. We had a really good time.

You should be fine with what you are packing. As long as you are bringing a light jacket for night. People just think CA is always warm, but once the sun goes down, it does get chilly. But it is so cold where you are, I am sure you can handle it. I think us Californians are wimps when it gets at all cold. We get used to the our nice consistent weather all year round. I live in San Diego so the weather is usually a little cooler during the day here than at Disneyland. I work by the beach so even in the hotter summer months, 5 days a weeks I am where it is nicer when it gets really hot inland.
The Red Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:12 PM   #26
franandaj

Quote:
I work by the beach so even in the hotter summer months, 5 days a weeks I am where it is nicer when it gets really hot inland.
I'm also less than 1/2 a miles from the beach so temps are pretty consistent where I live. DL is more inland so the hot is hotter and the cold can be colder, but there is something about the park itself that when it is very cold going through the turnstiles, magically the park is quite a bit warmer. I don't know how they do that!

Old 03-15-2010, 08:42 PM   #27
aspen37

Quote:
Temperatures are in the low 50's at night right now. When I got home Thursday night around 11PM it was 52. By April it should be in the high 50's if things are normal, but this has been a crazy weather year! Hopefully we're done with the rain and by the time you get here it's Sunny as Usual!

Quote:
I stayed at a friend's house in Snowmass Village. We were going to a cousin's wedding in Denver and spent a week in Snowmass Village then went to the wedding. We had a really good time.

You should be fine with what you are packing. As long as you are bringing a light jacket for night. People just think CA is always warm, but once the sun goes down, it does get chilly. But it is so cold where you are, I am sure you can handle it. I think us Californians are wimps when it gets at all cold. We get used to the our nice consistent weather all year round. I live in San Diego so the weather is usually a little cooler during the day here than at Disneyland. I work by the beach so even in the hotter summer months, 5 days a weeks I am where it is nicer when it gets really hot inland.

I'm ready for low's in the 50's. I'm really excited because tomorrows high should be around 45 degrees. Isn't that sad that I'm so excited about it being 45 degrees?
I'm so excited about being back in California. This should be a great trip.

My Cousin lives in San Diego. It is so beautiful there.

Old 03-19-2010, 11:21 PM   #28
aspen37

Hi everyone! I thought I would post about Monday night's Dinner.
Kim and I will be having dinner with Nancy she is YellowMickeyPonchos on the boards. Nancy is also one of the DIS Unplugged west coast correspondents. I have only met her once briefly in December out at WDW. We have been talking to each other for awhile. I'm excited to be able to spend some time with her. She will also be at the Club 33 breakfast.

Here is a picture of her and I from December. It was so cold and windy I was wearing two Hoodies. Part of the reason I was so cold was I tore my Achilles Tendon after being on property for only 45 minutes and could not walk. I was either in a wheelchair or an ECV the entire trip.

We will be having dinner at Yamashiro/Pagoda Bar. It's less than a mile from the hotel. It is up a winding hill so they have an awesome view of Hollywood. I don't like seafood, but they have a few alternatives that I think I will like.
The restaurant just looks beautiful too. Here is the link if anyone is interested in dining there. If you click on dining and cocktails they have links above for tour/pictures, reservations, restaurant info with direction and the menu.

http://www.yamashirorestaurant.com/

Old 03-20-2010, 02:30 AM   #29
franandaj

Quote:

We will be having dinner at Yamashiro/Pagoda Bar.It is up a winding hill so they have an awesome view of Hollywood. The restaurant just looks beautiful too. Here is the link if anyone is interested in dining there.
http://www.yamashirorestaurant.com/
That's a really famous and prestigious place, I would love to eat there sometime and the menu looks incredible! I love CA fusion cuisine! I think that restaurant is right next to the Magic Castle, great views, I've been there a few times, but foodwise I was having "Yamashiro envy". You'll have to post pics! Especially if your friend likes seafood, I'd love to see some pics of the rolls or appetizers. Yummy!
Old 03-20-2010, 03:53 AM   #30
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

Hi Anna,

The trip sounds sooo amazing! I came this close >> << to signing up because I knew you guys were going to be doing so many neat things... but really couldn't justify it since I live here. ::: Sigh :::

I'm going to see you guys on the 16th, though, so I'm happy to be spending some time with you.
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: