Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2010, 02:55 PM   #1
Kelly1
Earning My Ears

Best Small Backpack to bring

I am going to Disney in a couple of weeks with 2 young girls (2 & 5). Can anyone give advice on what type of backpack/messenger style bag they use?

I was thinking of bringing a bigger backpack to leave on the stroller with sweaters/light-up toys/snacks etc. and also have a small bag to carry with me for camera, wallet etc.

Not sure what style of bag would be good for small items, don't realy like fanny bags around my waste and have used a sling style in the past but your back gets rather hot. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the advice.

DD (8yrs) DD (5yrs)
Kelly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:39 PM   #2
darthspud
Mouseketeer

just remember that what ever bag/bags you bring into the parks they get searched before you enter the park and make you open every pocket of the bag..
And if you plan on hanging a backpack on the stroller you should take it with you on all the rides... even though you are at disney there are some un nice people out there who would take stuff so i would stick to just a bigger bag to put everything in so you dont have to juggle more then 1 bag on rides along with 2 kids
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2010, 06:39 PM   #3
pattibehan
Mouseketeer

I use a leather hobo bag, it is leather, so waterproof, and big enough for my camera, extra batteries, cell phones, motrin!, a small pkg of wipes and kleenex, wallet, bandaids/Purell and gum/mints. After several trips, I have found that I tend to carry too much into the park, and less is always better!!
pattibehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:56 PM   #4
ginnymack
Mouseketeer

Last trip we just used 2 std walmart backpacks - one with ponchos, first aid stuff, diapers, etc to keep in the stroller (nothing valuable, just in case) and then another backpack with the valueables in it. Next time, I am going to to a "stoller backpack" and I found a super slim waist pack - enough for a few cards (id, room, credit), a camera and a cell phone. It is so small that it will not add any extra bulk - it is not the 80's pack! (I posted a link a few days ago if you want to search) I am hoping to buy a small video camera that I can put in a camera case and have hubby attach to belt. Then we will be all set!
ginnymack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:21 AM   #5
janetanne
Previous DVC member

Baggalini cross body messenger bag

Over the left shoulder it sits comfortably on your right hip.. Over the right shoulder its a backpack. I like the flexability because it can be tiring carrying a bag all day long.

lots of pockets.. light weight and not too big.

Big enough to carry my passporter and my lunch.. has a water bottle holder.. cell phone holder.. camera fits nicely.. credit card slots etc!!!

I love it!! you can find them on line for about $39 in a whole range of colors.
Retail is about $49.95.
janetanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:00 AM   #6
crewmatt
DIS Veteran

I got a small day pack for hiking from LL bean. It worked really nicely, lightweight, waterproof, nice relatively thick straps, has a very thin wire frame in it for support. Convenient pockets for a water bottle, etc.

crewmatt is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: