Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK DVC Discussion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2011, 03:08 AM   #31
mrtoffee
Mouseketeer

Thank you for all the replys guys, were in the process of planning our next Disney trip and the cost seems to have rocketed in the past twelve months which has me considering wether to invest in DVC again
Old 11-04-2011, 04:54 PM   #32
orangetiggs
Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!

We just flew back yesterday and bought bay lake, we got it for our daughters and we know the deals are good but they wont last once the economy picks up
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2011, 10:14 AM   #33
mrtoffee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangetiggs View Post
We just flew back yesterday and bought bay lake, we got it for our daughters and we know the deals are good but they wont last once the economy picks up
I know what you mean, all these park ticket, free food and gift card offers will definately finish once things pick up economy wise. Plus resales are available at the moment for rock bottom price's. Weve book to go to AKL next year so I thin kwe will take the tour and see if DVC is for us
Old 11-08-2011, 02:17 PM   #34
loadsapixiedust
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenT View Post
If you do take the tour, be sure to have the name, home town and guides name of a DVC owner...if you decided to buy, you'd get a substantial discount for being "referred" by a current owner (and that owner would get a little something too!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKDEB View Post
Due to the timeshare legislation in the UK, this perk isn't available to us.
As a UK based buyer you would still be able to get the referral discount (it might be another couple of $ per point so it's worth having) but the referrer won't get anything if they are from the UK except the warm fuzzy feeling that comes from helping out a fellow Diser

2 weeks October 1998 Quail Ridge Villa 3 weeks March/April 2002 Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista
3 weeks July 2005 Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista, Port Orleans French Quarter, Animal Kingdom Lodge
10 days August 2006 Royal Plaza in the WDW Resort 2 weeks October 2006 All Star Movies
2 weeks June 2007 Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa 2 weeks Easter 2008 Cypress Pointe
2 weeks Dec 2008 Caribbean Beach & Port Orleans Riverside 2 weeks July 2009 Cypress Pointe Grandevillas
2 weeks Oct 2009 Coronado Springs 3 weeks July 2010 Port Orleans Riverside and Pop century
2 weeks June 2011 Bay Lake Tower & Kidani Village

June 2012 ~ Beach Club Villas * Vero Beach * Bay Lake Tower
unlucky 13th trip cancelled to make way for chemo - I'm pretty sure that will not be as much fun
loadsapixiedust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:56 AM   #35
mrtoffee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadsapixiedust View Post
As a UK based buyer you would still be able to get the referral discount (it might be another couple of $ per point so it's worth having) but the referrer won't get anything if they are from the UK except the warm fuzzy feeling that comes from helping out a fellow Diser
Thanks for the tip loadsapixiedust, any discount is a good discount in my book
Old 11-15-2011, 07:37 AM   #36
brightspark
Wants to try the happy soap
I don't like coffee I'm afraid
Who is tour guide mike?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtoffee View Post
Thats cheeky and would most likely mean we wouldn't be able to do DVC. We love disney but also like travelling to lots of other places, so won't be going every year.

The other thing i am having problems getting my head around is the whole home resort idea, does this mean that this is the resort we would always be staying at?
We always bank and borrow points as we seem to being going every 2 years at the moment.

A big thing to take into consideration is when you buy your points... we have a november use year and it seems to make going in the middle of the summer more tricky... this year we wanted to go in september but had to wait for our use year to come around so that we could borrow the points from the next year...

You don't always have to stay at your home resort, but if you want to travel during low points time it is likely that you will have difficulty getting a reservation for a different resort... We thought being slow season would mean it was easier to get a reservation, but of course that's when DVC is most used - most time for the least points! If you want to stay elsewhere you may need to go during busier times and therefore need more points!

WDW 2003 (offsite); 2005 Caribbean Beach; 2006 ASMu; Jan 2007 VB, SSR and AKL!!! Nov 2007 OKW and POP; Jan 2010 SSR and BCV; Dec 2011 SSR; Aug 2013 AKV; Oct 2014 Contemporary
brightspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:26 AM   #37
Elise79

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightspark View Post
A big thing to take into consideration is when you buy your points... we have a november use year and it seems to make going in the middle of the summer more tricky... this year we wanted to go in september but had to wait for our use year to come around so that we could borrow the points from the next year...
You can book at the 11 month window and borrow points then regardless of use year. As long as the points would be valid in your account at the date of travel. in your case you could have booked in October and borrow the following years points at that point.

There are 8 use years February, March, April, June, August, September, October & December. You want to choose a month just before you usually travel.

July 2014 - OKWApr 2014 OKW & NYC Dec 2013 - BLT July 2013 - OKW April 2013/Dec 2012 - BLT June 2012 - BLT & OKW Feb 2012 - OKW Sept 2011 - BWV & BLT May 2011 - BCV & BLT Nov 2010 - BLT & CR Tower Club May 2010 - BLT Sept 2009/March 2009/April 2008/Sept 2007/Sept 2006 - CSR Feb 2008 - DLRP Newport Bay (First DLRP Trip) April 1999 - WDW Offsite in Villa June 1998 - WDW Offsite July 1989 - WDW Offsite
Elise79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:35 AM   #38
brightspark
Wants to try the happy soap
I don't like coffee I'm afraid
Who is tour guide mike?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise79 View Post
You can book at the 11 month window and borrow points then regardless of use year. As long as the points would be valid in your account at the date of travel. in your case you could have booked in October and borrow the following years points at that point.

There are 8 use years February, March, April, June, August, September, October & December. You want to choose a month just before you usually travel.
It wasn't anything to do with the 11 month window, it was needing to borrow points from the following year... so that we could use points from all 3 years... we had a few left from the year before, wanted to use all of this years and borrow some from the following year! Choosing the month prior to your normal travel time was the point I tried (unsuccessfully to make) LOL I know what I meant, so glad you were here to put it into English everyone else could understand!

WDW 2003 (offsite); 2005 Caribbean Beach; 2006 ASMu; Jan 2007 VB, SSR and AKL!!! Nov 2007 OKW and POP; Jan 2010 SSR and BCV; Dec 2011 SSR; Aug 2013 AKV; Oct 2014 Contemporary
brightspark is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: