Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2010, 12:29 PM   #91
wishin' on a star
DIS Veteran

Tonya,
Looks like you got some great finds shopping! DH has put me on a budget. So my shopping days are quite limited these days. I'm hoping that as the trip gets closer, maybe I'll be able to go out and do a little more summer clothes shopping! The kids really need a little boost to their wardrobes...they just keep growing.

Love the outside pictures...we have been enjoying tons of sunshine here as well, and it is great to finally be enjoying spring! My tulips started opening today, so that was a great start to the day.

Well, good news that there is no re-tether. Lots of kids with the same bowel malformation as Catherine have tethered cords, so we have been through all of the MRI's for that as well. Thankfully, she didn't have one. I'm so sorry they saw some seizure activity, I hope you get some answers about this soon. Just when you think things are going along smoothly. Good luck with the botox!

Watching all these others get ready to go and just hanging out here watching the ticker wind down is hard...our time will come too!
Old 04-06-2010, 05:34 PM   #92
cantwaittoseemickey
DIS Veteran

Hope everyone had a great Easter!

We had a pretty good Easter. We spent it over my parents house and had lots of (too much actually) good food. Ty and Sierra hunted Easter eggs. Ty had seen the Easter bunny out in our backyard the other day. He must have been planning out how to bring the baskets in the house I guess he picked a good place cause they were right there on Sunday morning. It started out with a slow day for Ty. No energy and basically wanting to lay in bed all day but after a few hours of laying around he finally went outside. He actually played some bad mitten with his Uncle. Im not sure who wore who out but they were both pretty tired that night Sierra enjoyed drawing on her new sketch pad and playing with clay. I will have to upload some pics later tonight. She amazes me with her clay.

Today they both got a clean bill of dental health so no dentist for another 6mos.

I cannot believe it is just over 3 months before we leave. Yesterday we had another family disney discussion at the table So far its 3 to 1 on who's riding Expedition Everest. And Ty say's he's going on Mission Space again for his important job (I believe in 08 it was to land). I have been looking for some pics from our trip but I can't find them so far other than what's in my scrap book. Might just have to take a pic of some pics
cantwaittoseemickey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2010, 06:19 PM   #93
kellyw8863
DIS Veteran

I'm glad you had a nice Easter. I'm not a roller coaster person, but after watching countless EE videos on YouTube, I'm thinking I just might give it a try.

Maya (DD) - 9 Ali (DD - Wishkid) - 7

kellyw8863 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:40 PM   #94
pacrosby
DIS Veteran

So who's the "one" who isn't riding EE? Or "is"? LOL

Nick and I LOVED EE......................dh and Liv? Not so much (Matty and Brennan were too short)

Glad to hear you had an enjoyable Easter. I just love doing the baskets and the hunts and the cookies etc. etc. Makes me sad to think that our years of that are numbered These kids...................grow up too fast don't they?
pacrosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:44 PM   #95
cantwaittoseemickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyw8863 View Post
I'm glad you had a nice Easter. I'm not a roller coaster person, but after watching countless EE videos on YouTube, I'm thinking I just might give it a try.
Ok since you get to go first you will have to tell me how you like it. lol! I so want to ride it but I just don't know. It "seems" ok from what I looked at on youtube as well but Im just not sure. Now I know Tower of Terror is out for me. No way at all on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacrosby View Post
So who's the "one" who isn't riding EE? Or "is"? LOL

Nick and I LOVED EE......................dh and Liv? Not so much (Matty and Brennan were too short)

Glad to hear you had an enjoyable Easter. I just love doing the baskets and the hunts and the cookies etc. etc. Makes me sad to think that our years of that are numbered These kids...................grow up too fast don't they?
Um that would be me that "isn't riding" and dh and the kids that are riding I want to but I don't want to. It looks innocent enough but I just don't know. I rode a roller coaster a couple of years ago at a local amusement park and well lets just say I couldn't walk a foot in front of me without fighting back barfing

The kids do grow up so fast. Way too fast. When my kids are ready to stop participating then they will do so at that time. But if they are like me we just took the plastic ones to the basement and hid them for years Anything that puts a smile on thier faces is what matters to me.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:17 PM   #96
wishin' on a star
DIS Veteran

DH won't go on any roller coasters, but Carmella wants to go on all of them...and I LOVE rollercoasters! So, she and I will be doing the roller coasters, while daddy does something tamer with the little guys.

Give me any ride that doesn't spin and I am good. Upside down I can handle, but something about getting older and the body doesn't like to go round and round any more!
Old 04-08-2010, 03:46 AM   #97
yinyanggirls
DIS Veteran

Hurray for a good dentist visit!
yinyanggirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:26 AM   #98
cantwaittoseemickey
DIS Veteran

LOL!! You sound like me. I used to ride roller coasters and all that when I was younger. As I have gotten older well that went out the door

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishin' on a star View Post
DH won't go on any roller coasters, but Carmella wants to go on all of them...and I LOVE rollercoasters! So, she and I will be doing the roller coasters, while daddy does something tamer with the little guys.

Give me any ride that doesn't spin and I am good. Upside down I can handle, but something about getting older and the body doesn't like to go round and round any more!
Old 04-08-2010, 11:38 AM   #99
cantwaittoseemickey
DIS Veteran

We are getting ready to do some much needed repairs on our house. We are trying to decide on what color to paint our livingroom.We havent painted it since we have lived here and it really needs something on it. I think we will go with a tan color kind of nuetral. But I am not a good color coridinator so we will see how that goes

The kids are on spring break and I am loving it. The weather was great until today it has gotten a little cooler. We have been getting the fire pit going in the evening and sitting out side. I am so ready for summer break. I love it!
Old 04-09-2010, 05:35 AM   #100
cantwaittoseemickey
DIS Veteran

Well Ty has decided to throw me a curve ball today. It's just after 6am and he has yet to fall alseep I was debating on going out to look for me a dress today or stay home and get some things done so I guess we will stay home. Dh is working all day today so it's just me and the kids so we can take it easy. He does this with every break he gets during the school year. He did it during Christmas too. Hopefully he will fall asleep soon.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:33 PM   #101
cantwaittoseemickey
DIS Veteran

A pic from Easter and a few others

We had a great Easter. It was sunny and warm. Im just wondering where the warmth went all of a sudden

Here's an Easter pic

Sierra loves to do sculpting. She constantly has clay in her hands. These are a few of my favorites.

My little dude having another rough day today.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:08 PM   #102
kellyw8863
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry Ty is having a rough time.

Maya (DD) - 9 Ali (DD - Wishkid) - 7

kellyw8863 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 05:51 PM   #103
cantwaittoseemickey
DIS Veteran

A little tr on a ptr :) Our 2008 trip

[COLOR="Purple"] So I thought I would also do a little trip report on my pretrip report. I found some of the pictures but the picture fairy did something with the rest of them

So welcome to my practice trip reportOur 2008 trip

We started off by driving to the Indianapolis Airport which is a few hours away from us. We decided to drive up the night before and stay in a hotel at the airport just to make it that much more fun. Our plane took off early the next morning. We got to the hotel pretty early so the kids could go swimming and we could watch the planes come in and land. Our room had a perfect view of the planes and we stood in the window for quite a while after the kids were done swimming

The next day we headed to the airport and checked our luggage and did the security thing. Somehow me and Ty were seperated from Tim and Sierra and he had Ty's pump, his cpap machine and Sierra with him. I had Ty in his wheelchair, the carryon backpack and a bag with his medical supplies in it. Everything went well except they didn't want to let me bring on Ty's pediasure cans and pedialyte.So after a bit of discussion the lady said ok only when she zipped one of my bags she zipped the zipper right off. It broke So then we had to fill out a report and that took about a half hour for a bag that wasn't really replaceable since I got it in Chicago at Childrens Memorial when he was up there And the worst part is I was left to do the disney thing with a bag without a zipper on it But it worked out I just left that one in the room.I was so happy to land since it was a bit of a bumpy ride and the well me being the chicken that I am

When we arrived at All Star Movies they told us our room was finished and we headed up. When we opened the door there were towels on the floor and it looked like it hadn't been cleanedSo we contacted the front desk and they sent up some house keepers who took a while to decide what to do all the while we were hungry and warn out. So finally after a manager got involved we were given a room just down the hall and it was a corner room It was just a wee bit bigger then the regular room and the way it was situated was better for Ty's wheelchair.

Shortly after we dumped our things off we went to catch the bus to DD. We got in line behind some women and one was on an ECV. It was very hot outside that day. Apparently the lady that was with the group had been in already to complain that they had been waiting for 45mins for a bus but they just kept going by. Well little did we know what was going on. So when we were there for 45mns ourselves I started getting a little annoyed so I went to the cm at the desk and she said it would be here soon. Well I kid you not there were a ton of buses roll up and board but NONE had room for any of the ecv's or wheelchairs. The next time me and the lady went in and we both complained and the CM told us there was nothing she could do about it So then I went out again and we had waited for close to two hours and Ty was pretty much melted tired and DONE but finally a bus rolls up that we could get on. So we arrived and got some yummy McDonalds and took a few pics but I couldnt get them to turn out when I tried to take a pic of those pics.

Just had to get a pic of the broom guy

Next up Epcot...

Last edited by cantwaittoseemickey; 04-10-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:55 PM   #104
cantwaittoseemickey
DIS Veteran

Ok now onto Epcot

This was our second day but first day in a park. We headed for Soarin and we all loved it. That is high on our list this time. After Soarin we headed to the Bill Nye and Ellen Dinasour ride. Now that one is NOT one of my favorites. So we were in the last car and all I could do is look behind me thinking about what would be following us Ty was none to happy either and when that big Dinsour looks over the car me and Sierra just happened to jump at the same time knocking our heads into each other.

After that we went to Turtle Talk with Crush. DUUUUDDDEEEEEE Yes I said that for the next month after our vacation lol. That was the cutest show. We enjoyed that alot. It was a nice break too.

We did alot of walking around. Then we rode Honey I shrunk the Audience and well lets just say Ty did NOT like that at all.

We went to get in line for Test Track and the line was long. We waited for quite a while. When we went to approach the CM about where to go with his wheelchair the cm asked us for a gac I really hadn't even thought about one since I really wasn't sure what it was but none the less we waited in the regular line and Ty had so many melt downs I was ready to call it a night. But we kept on and finally made it to the ride. All was well until just before it was over the ride stopped But after just a bit it started back up again and when we arrived the cm asked if we wanted to go again I hurriedly said NOOO and the guy that was riding with us along with my hubby and the kids all yelled simutaneously YESSSSSS so off we went again.

Then we rode Mission space the lite version. That is one I will skip this time

We rode a few others but I can't really remember too much else We sat and watched Illuminations in between the rain. We could see lightening off to a distance. It was wierd because the lightening was all up in the clouds. Really neat. Illuminations was awsome! We really liked it but it was one of those things where we learned to bring headphones to.

Here are some other pics ok well I have resized these 3 times now and they say they are medium but theres no way lol

NEXT UP... Magic Kingdom????? Maybe Maybe not...
Old 04-09-2010, 11:38 PM   #105
yinyanggirls
DIS Veteran

Another flashback! Yay! I love how every kid has to climb into that shark.
yinyanggirls is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: