Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2010, 09:43 PM   #16
cantwaittoseemickey
DIS Veteran

Thank you for finding me Yeah he is going to LOVE that ride. I hope to get a good pic of him because I plan on putting him on the side that Jaws comes right up to

I am totally not sure what he will chose probably just pick me something out for my bday that has Mickey on it. That is totally find with me cause I LOVEEEEEE MIckey!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsketomom View Post
Hi Tonya!!!

I'm so glad you started a new PTR....and got your new dates! Tell Ty he's a man after my own heart --- I too can't wait for the Jaws ride!! Silly, but it's on my short list of "must do"!!!

I also can't wait for what he chooses for your bday! Will be one to remember for sure!

Can't wait to follow along....
cantwaittoseemickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:45 PM   #17
cantwaittoseemickey
DIS Veteran

Thank you I hope so too. No drs. No therapy just having a great time in Disney with our favorite Characters and the most awsome rides!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
YAY!!! Hope you and your family have a wonderful, magical trip!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2010, 09:49 PM   #18
cantwaittoseemickey
DIS Veteran

Change of plans already I knew it. My mom and dad has changed thier minds so lets see if it changes again. We'll see. They just dont want to be a burden on our trip since it is going to be such a once in a life time trip and so much to do they could not keep up. So I told her that is perfectly fine that we would see them as soon as we got back. We will be doing lots of things with them anyways throughout the summer.
Old 02-28-2010, 01:10 PM   #19
cantwaittoseemickey
DIS Veteran

YAYY!! Thanks Maroo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
i am here!!!

and i added u to the Wish Trippers thread, too!
Old 02-28-2010, 01:15 PM   #20
cantwaittoseemickey
DIS Veteran

We are doing great thank you! It was a tough time there through the passing of FIL but we are doing awsome now. Dh had his knee surgery a week ago tomarrow and the difference is amazing. He had to take a little more time off work which is not good but we are glad he can have a little more time to heal. And I have someone to keep me company at home. It has be so wonderful having him home with me during the day.

Can I just say that OMG my child!! He just lost his 3RD CAP this week!! One was VERY loose. And we expected it to come out. Then the other night he found another one just barely loose. Well that one came out before the first one did then that next night the original cap came out. Well he just walked in and said look. He was holding the 3RD capAnd he didnt even know that one was loose!! Crazy I tell ya! That tooth fairy is working overtime with him
Old 03-01-2010, 10:30 PM   #21
cantwaittoseemickey
DIS Veteran

This is only Monday?? lol Ty has started Intervention after school in preperation for the big testing. He has that 2 days a week and he also has therapy 2 days a week at one place and another therapy at another place the opposite place (ot pt and oral motor).

Saturday he got choked while he as at my parents with dh and he said he had a really hard time catching his breath afterwards. Then after he got home he choked again and again he had a hard time getting back to baseline breathing.. Today he has had more "gunky" stuff and I am really hoping this doesnt mean he aspirated. He is acting fine just a lot of clearing so I think he will be ok. It has been a year ago this month he had his last Aspiration Pnemonia.

On a good note he has been so happy tonight. I love to see his smiles. He is having such a hard time at school and it really does take a toll on him. He says he hates school. Actually everytime his ot told him to print a sentence it was the same sentence over and over. "I hate school". He knows he is struggling. The multiplication facts are really hard for him. Then now we add a longer school day for him well he isnt exactly pleased bless his heart. But to see his smiles in the evening just makes me so happy.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:01 AM   #22
Momofwishkid
DIS Veteran

Im sorry Ty is having some issues and hope it gets resolved soon with no pnumonia!!
Old 03-03-2010, 07:28 AM   #23
cantwaittoseemickey
DIS Veteran

Thank you

Yesterday was just not a good day for Ty. While he isnt showing any symptoms from his choking episodes he has had a little bit of increased swallowing symptoms the last few days. Then yesterday I get another call from his teacher that he is just not being himself. He was just very slow to respond and a few other things. I have been suspecting his siezures are uncontrolled again but sometimes it is just hard to tell.That is one possibility. The other one is that I think it could be a pain response. Because when he woke up yesterday he kept falling back to sleep. And his speech was not like usual it was very slow.I had even hooked him up to some extra fluids to see if that would help. His tummy is really giving him a hard time. I will be trying to bump up his summer apt today with the GI. He will also go in for a video EEG in a few weeks just to make sure he doenst need an increase in meds.

On the Disney news (well not mine anyways lol) I just helped my best friend plan her families first Disney Vacation. They are alot like us and have a very low amount they can spend so it wasn't too hard at all. They are unfortunately arriving 3 days after we get backTheir orginal plans were to arrive a few days after us. Which would have been cool!But they had to change their dates due to his vacation dates.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:56 AM   #24
noahsketomom
DIS Veteran

Tonya,
I'm so sorry to hear that Ty hasn't been doing well recently. I will be thinking of you and praying that the docs (both the GI and the neuro) get on top of it. I didn't realize that Ty struggled with seizures -- they can be so subtle sometimes (At least they were sometimes with Noah) so I hope that the EEG will help get to the bottom of it. Also praying the seizure beast stays at bay!!!

Prayers for you and him,
Old 03-03-2010, 08:21 PM   #25
cantwaittoseemickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsketomom View Post
Tonya,
I'm so sorry to hear that Ty hasn't been doing well recently. I will be thinking of you and praying that the docs (both the GI and the neuro) get on top of it. I didn't realize that Ty struggled with seizures -- they can be so subtle sometimes (At least they were sometimes with Noah) so I hope that the EEG will help get to the bottom of it. Also praying the seizure beast stays at bay!!!

Prayers for you and him,
He has had siezures since he was two. He went a few years siezure free and was taken off his meds until last year when we suspected he was having them again. His eeg and video eeg revealed he was having activity again. That was definately news we didnt want to hear. Thank you for the prayers!

Today was better and his tummy has let up some. He did go to therapy and started out kinda not good but by the end he was perking up. He got to demo a new swing and he loved it. He came home and was having some pain in his lower back. I suspect it has to do with his stomache though and not his back. I was able to get him a gi apt in a few weeks. I would just love to know why his gut seems to be slowing down more.

Ok with that aside I finally sat down to map out the park hours. I also wrote out all the things to do at GKTW and times for each so I can kind of do a tentative Itinerary. I am really leaning towards making reservations (or trying to since it is late) at Chef Mickeys. I need to figure out what park we will be at for what days and times so I can decide which day would be better to go.

Also now that Blizzard Beach will be open and it will definately be warm enough to swim I would also like to schedule a day to go there. I might do that instead of DHS. As Ty has had Blizzard Beach in his little heart for a while but when we found out it would be closed we put it aside. Now it will be open I know that will be very high on his list.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:06 PM   #26
pacrosby
DIS Veteran

Hey...............I found you! So glad you started a new PTR! Yay on the dates. You've got plenty of time to plan. I'm betting you'll have no problem getting a Chef Mickey reservation so long as you are flexible with times.

Sorry to hear about all current health issues with Ty. I hope you can get some answers, and sooner than later.

Blizzard Beach sounds like a blast ! I sooooooo wanted to do that in December (how perfect for a winter/Christmas trip) but I was afraid it would be too cold so I didn't fit it into our plans. Hurry up and go so I can see your pictures!!!!!!!!!
pacrosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:37 PM   #27
cantwaittoseemickey
DIS Veteran

We watched a show on Blizzard Beach and he was ready! It does look like alot of fun.

Chef Mickey's would be our first character dinner ever. I am a bit uneasy on how Ty will do but we wont know till we try!
Old 03-04-2010, 09:15 PM   #28
jenb1023
DIS Veteran

for new dates and a new PTR!

Sorry to hear Ty is struggling health-wise and at school.

Apr 22-28, 2007 - WL, Jan 26-Feb 2, 2008 - AKL, Nov 15-23, 2008 - Pop,

Oct 30-Nov 3, 2009 Pop - me and DD, May 15-17, 21-23, 2010 - Universal/Poly
Jan 22-30, 2011 - POFQ, May 10-13, 2012 DCL on the Dream Sept 7-11, 2012 DD's surprise bday trip - BC Aug 30-Sept 2, 2013 - AOA, May 23-27, 2014 - 24 Hour Event - WL, June 29 - July 2, 2014 - POP, Upcoming - Nov 29 - Dec 6, 2014 - BC/ASSp - 1st Xmas Trip
jenb1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:54 PM   #29
cantwaittoseemickey
DIS Veteran

Hi Jen! I was going to wait but the excitement won

Ty had his speech/oral motor session today. He went from talking to basically laying on the table. She had never seen him like this. She totally agrees that the lethargy is related to his constipation. She said this is going to hinder his therapy sessions and we cannot move forward with him struggling so much with it. He did perk up tonight and get his energy back.So that was good to see.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:45 PM   #30
cantwaittoseemickey
DIS Veteran

Finally got a pic of the kids up. There will be lots more to come as the weather warms up. It's getting there! Finally getting near the 50's so I have full confidence it is on the upswing

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: