DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2010, 12:12 PM   #1
lynnebla
Mouseketeer

Split stay between DVC & Value Resort

My friend is going to be using DVC points in May, but doesn't have enough to stay as long as they want their trip to be (only 4 nights). She wants to stay 3 days at a value to add a few days in the World. I'm not sure exactly how tickets work when you do DVC, so I couldn't help her, but I thought someone here could. She wants the dining plan, but with switching between the 2, I thought she might not be able to do it for both times. Am I right that she can't buy the dining plan for both without starting over on her ticket days when she switches? Obviously, if she has to buy a whole new package when she moves resorts, she will book a room only and not have the dining plan for the last few days. But, I wanted to make sure my idea was correct.

TIA!
Old 02-25-2010, 12:21 PM   #2
hakepb
DIS Veteran

I think you are correct, unless she gets an Annual Pass, she would have to have seperate tickets for each part (expensive since extra park days are really cheap after the first 4) or no dining plan for the last part. (The DDP from the first part of the trip would be valid until midnight of the last DVC day/ value checkin day, though)

It may be possible to do the value package with a single park day ticket and add 2 extra days to the initial tickets, too.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2010, 12:22 PM   #3
christa112
DIS Veteran

She can book through Member Services her DVC and then call the 407 # and book and there is a promo going on right for a free gift card that should can probably use for the Value resort.

She can definately use the DDP for both ressies but the DDP credits will be split between the hotels so for instance 4 night would be under DVC and then when she checks into the value she will have 3 nights there.

As for her tickets she might be better off not to put them on her room key and just have the tickets for entering the parks and the room key for the DDP and her door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnebla View Post
My friend is going to be using DVC points in May, but doesn't have enough to stay as long as they want their trip to be (only 4 nights). She wants to stay 3 days at a value to add a few days in the World. I'm not sure exactly how tickets work when you do DVC, so I couldn't help her, but I thought someone here could. She wants the dining plan, but with switching between the 2, I thought she might not be able to do it for both times. Am I right that she can't buy the dining plan for both without starting over on her ticket days when she switches? Obviously, if she has to buy a whole new package when she moves resorts, she will book a room only and not have the dining plan for the last few days. But, I wanted to make sure my idea was correct.

TIA!
Old 02-25-2010, 12:48 PM   #4
jelliott04
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnebla View Post
Am I right that she can't buy the dining plan for both without starting over on her ticket days when she switches? Obviously, if she has to buy a whole new package when she moves resorts, she will book a room only and not have the dining plan for the last few days. But, I wanted to make sure my idea was correct.
TIA!
She can do the dining plan, she just has to book it separately.

I think as far as tickets go, she might be better off sub'ing to mousesavers newsletter and getting the discount for undercover tourist (the discount is only a few bucks so she doesn't HAVE to wait for the newsletter) and get the tickets that way.

So she'd do room only for the value, add on the DP for both ressies and get tickets from undercovertourist.com. (that's how I'd do it I think)

Jen

Jen
jelliott04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:23 PM   #5
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

If she adds the package at the value BEFORE her DVC stay, then she can get tickets with that part that can cover the DVC reservation.

For DVC, you don't need to buy tickets to add the DDP. But, for the rooms via Disney you do (unless you have an AP and book that type of package).

If the value stay is after the DVC one, then the only option is to get a ticket with the DVC stay for the entire time, and just book a 1 day ticket with the value package to save for a later time.

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:55 PM   #6
DenLo
DIS Veteran

We did a split stay at two WDW resorts last summer. Although both of our resorts were regular WDW resorts you could probably do something similar. We stayed 4 days at CBR and 4 days at AKL. We had a regular DP at both resorts. We bought a 4 day park hopper with the CBR reservation and then a one day pass for the AKL stay. Then we went to the ticket booth and added on 4 more days. We have saved the one day pass to use as credit on our AP this year. The CM that made our reservations came up with this method to save us money as it is a requirement that you buy a pass to add the DP to your WDW resort reservation. (We purchased the cheapest pass available.)

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:01 PM   #7
5forDiz
DIS Veteran

If your friend is a DVC member and needs extra points to book those addtional days she can get points transferred in from another member or rent a DVC reservation for additional nights from a member (also, a DVC reservation can be rented even if your friend isn't a member); a DVC studio may even be less (or close to) what a value room will cost and with keeping the entire stay DVC they can then get DDP without ticket purchase.

Also, if one person has an Annual Pass they might want to look into purchasing Tables in Wonderland card which many here post is an even better deal than DDP. The card would be valid for up to 10 people if I recall correctly.

5forDiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:36 PM   #8
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Unfortunately, the only way to get the DDP during her Value resort stay is to purchase a package that includes tickets. There is no way to just add the DDP when she checks in. It must be part of a package for non-DVC stays.

If she gets the DDP for her DVC stay, it will expire at midnight of the night she checks out of the DVC resort.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:42 PM   #9
candielips
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandisw View Post
For DVC, you don't need to buy tickets to add the DDP. But, for the rooms via Disney you do (unless you have an AP and book that type of package).
Does this count for people who rent DVC points. We are staying at POP this fall and thought of adding 5 nights on at the end at a DVC and renting points but we would def want the DDP. I thought it would be just like a regular Disney resort in that I would have to purchase a park ticket. This makes me so happy
Old 02-26-2010, 09:09 AM   #10
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by candielips View Post
Does this count for people who rent DVC points. We are staying at POP this fall and thought of adding 5 nights on at the end at a DVC and renting points but we would def want the DDP. I thought it would be just like a regular Disney resort in that I would have to purchase a park ticket. This makes me so happy
When you rent a DVC reservation, you do not have to have a ticket to get DDP (the owner who you rent from will add it for you).

So, you can get the ticket with your value package to cover the entire time and then move to DVC with the DDP alone!

Have a great trip!

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: