Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2010, 10:01 PM   #31
atm55
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvguy View Post
Or just use the Mickey Mouse wake up call system on your stateroom phone.
I don't know how you could oversleep on departure day, they knocked on our door at 7 am 45 minutes before we planned to get up on departure day to "make sure we were up"
That's what I was thinking - is there any reason why we can't use the wake up call on departure day. I read somewhere that you can't get it for departure day so I'm bringing my alarm clock.
atm55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:05 PM   #32
atm55
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewfieMom View Post
"I don't bother with the clothespins though. I just string the clothesline through the swim suits' leg holes/arm holes."

My response to that is "Duh!" (is there a smilie for smacking yourself on the head?)! We just used to drape the suits over the line, and hand some from the back of the door - your idea was too simple for me to think of

I'll ditto the over the door shoe holder - there are lots of drawers/shelves, but it did take care of a lot of the clutter, and made things easy to find.
I didn't think of that either - good suggestion. I had no intentions of bringing clothespins - too much other stuff to pack.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2010, 10:07 PM   #33
atm55
Mouseketeer

I'm not bringing wipes, just Lysol to spray. I'm on vacation - Not planning on cleaning!
Old 02-24-2010, 10:09 PM   #34
MissMet
DVC Member, former NY Mets Season Tkt Holder & Blogging Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewfieMom View Post
"I don't bother with the clothespins though. I just string the clothesline through the swim suits' leg holes/arm holes."

My response to that is "Duh!" (is there a smilie for smacking yourself on the head?)! We just used to drape the suits over the line, and hand some from the back of the door - your idea was too simple for me to think of

I'll ditto the over the door shoe holder - there are lots of drawers/shelves, but it did take care of a lot of the clutter, and made things easy to find.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atm55 View Post
I didn't think of that either - good suggestion. I had no intentions of bringing clothespins - too much other stuff to pack.
Thanks. I've spent A LOT of time in hotel rooms.

MissMet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:32 PM   #35
Doingitagain
DIS Veteran

Definitely an outlet strip to charge devices.

A watch (especially for DD and DS, they are used to using cellphones for time, but no cell phones on the ship!).

Highlighters for the Navigator activities (one color per person).

Illuminated clock (we hide theirs in the closet under things, it is too noisy!)

Whiteboard and markers.

Tide Pen/Shout Wipes.

Wrinkle Release Spray.

Ziploc Bags.
Aulani 3/2013
Saratoga 6/2006, 10/2008, 7/2009, 12/2009, 12/2014
AK Jambo 3/2012, 7/2014
Boardwalk 12/2014
Royal Garden London 7/2007, 7/2010
Mandarin Oriental Wash DC 4/2007
Grand Calif 7/2005
Doingitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:40 PM   #36
poohbear luvs grumpy
Mouseketeer

I like to bring a travel size febreeze. It really helps with the kids clothes if I want them to be able to pack a little lighter and re-wear a few pieces.
poohbear luvs grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:40 PM   #37
TraciM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvguy View Post
Or just use the Mickey Mouse wake up call system on your stateroom phone.
I don't know how you could oversleep on departure day, they knocked on our door at 7 am 45 minutes before we planned to get up on departure day to "make sure we were up"
For some reason it was down on my trip. Either my cabin or all. The alarm clock was good back-up.
TraciM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:53 PM   #38
Gigi22
DIS Veteran

A good corkscrew, in case of any passing bottles of wine that may need to be opened!
Gigi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:07 AM   #39
KrisannB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenaniganzz View Post
I don't know if I can think of ten things!

Ditto on the power strip.

Highlighter to keep track of which activities you really don't want to miss that day.

Hair dryer.

Clothespins to hang wet items on the clothesline in the bathroom.

If you have a child that uses a sippy cup or bottles or if you plan to bring an insulated cup - some dish soap!!! Our daughter still takes a bottle at bedtime. You can get a sterilizer at Guest Services but I still like to wash her bottles with soap. For the life of me, I couldn't get any soap! They won't bring it from the kitchen because their policy is "not to deliver chemicals to the staterooms" and I was told to use the very fragrant shampoo which left a strong, albeit pretty, residue/stench on her bottles. Maybe a dollar store carries a travel size?

Though I didn't for our first cruise, I will bring one of those pocket organizers next time. It'll save some shelf space for clothing as it's limited.
I am just using a small travel size shampoo bottle type to put some dish detergent into to bring along from my big bottle in my kitchen, much cheaper

Krisann

1977 & 1987- WDW Magic Kingdom-daytrip * 2003-POR - Kids & DH's 1st trip to WDW * 2005-Beach Club -Grand Gathering * 2007- Pre-cruise at PoPCentury * May 2008 - AllStarMovies - 4 days pre-repo cruise Cruises: 2006 Western* 12/2007 Eastern May 2008 - WBPC Repo 10/2009 Western, 2010 EBTA, 2010 WBTA, Dream Double Dip - Feb/March 2011, 2011 EBTA & 2011 WBTA + 2 writing cruises! upcoming: 2014 EBTA and 2014 WBTA
KrisannB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:12 AM   #40
szubieta
DIS Veteran

- Plug in candle
- Orange bath spray
- coffee / travel mug
- Highlighter
- Window / mirror decals
- magnets for door & walls
- post-its (they pack better then a white board for us)
- plastic hangers w/clips on each end for wet things (you can put way more on the clothes line)
- bring a small sling purse for around the deck (carry a camera everywhere)
- small hanging storage with pockets for the bathroom
&
- bring a smile...be ready to relax and be flexible

Dme DH DS11 12/11-11nt WDW ~ 04/11-10nt Mexican Riviera - DCL ~ 12/10-3nt DL offsite ~ 04/09-5 nt DLH ~ 10/08-15nt cruise Hawaiian Circle cruise - RCL ~12/07-9 nt AKL, Savannah View ~ 04/06-4nt DLH, King Suites ~ 10/04-10nt W. Caribbean cruise - Princess ~ 04/04-4nt GCH ~ 11/02-3nt DL ~ 10/01-7nt E. Caribbean cruise - RCL ~ 1965-2000 too many to count
szubieta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:04 AM   #41
Seaurchinzz
Earning My Ears

Always bring Ziplock bags
Seaurchinzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:30 AM   #42
Baseball-Mom
Earning My Ears

A very small flashlight is a good thing to bring too. Since it is really dark in the rooms its a good thing to have for those middle of the night trips to the bathroom. Or you can bring a plug in nightlight. If you have teenagers that come in after you're already asleep one of those smalll flashlights that they can hang on their lanyard is a good thing to have so when they come back to the room they don't fumble around in the dark.
In place of an alarm clock we use the wake up call system and we also set the alarm on our cell phone. Even though we don't make any calls on our phones they come in handy to use the alarm, take a quick picture, or just flip it open for light in place of a flashlight.Teenagers also use their cell phones to add the names,e-mail address and phone numbers of their new friends.
Baseball-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:50 AM   #43
cakesnjammom
DIS Veteran

brought a little desk top fan 16 in. size I think and we were so thankful for it!! also a power strip or extension cord! the over the door shoe holder is a life saver!!
Old 02-25-2010, 09:19 AM   #44
poohs4me
DIS Veteran

We always bring a couple of lysol travel size cans and lysol wipes of some kind. I have always given the room a quick spray down on the first day. If nothing else, it makes me feel better.

We also always bring a pop-up laundry hamper.

Ziplocs
poohs4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:07 AM   #45
eva
Often uses her unique ability to shut down threads.

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by atm55 View Post
I'm not bringing wipes, just Lysol to spray. I'm on vacation - Not planning on cleaning!
I completely understand. But I do have a bit of a cleaning fetish. DH calls me Monica. I even keep Clorox Wipes in a ziplock bag in my purse and wipe down tables at restaurants, etc. Thank goodness DH is a good sport about it. He knows that the first 15 or 20 minutes of entering a room will be dedicated to giving it a good wipe down. At least I don't expect him to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigi22 View Post
A good corkscrew, in case of any passing bottles of wine that may need to be opened!
If you ask your room steward or call room service they will provide you one.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: