Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 10:25 AM   #286
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom323 View Post
We have one similar to this one. We used it so much our grown children asked for them for christmas.
http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/62130?feat=203-GN1
that's nice!! i have leather cases for each set of passports (each of us has two passports), but that looks like it might hold several passports together.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:02 PM   #287
truck1
Growing older but not up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elainyaeq View Post
probably a silly question! and maybe i missed it in the boards, Can someone tell me if a three-prong plug-strip will fit in one of the outlets in our room on the Dream?
Quote:
Originally Posted by elainyaeq View Post
i live near tampa and i can't find a clear plastic one of these at a target or walmart or dollar tree...Can someone tell me where do i find one of these?
Yes, a standard 3 prong outlet wil in the outlets onboard. They are typical 120 household style plugs, and have the European adapers already built in.

We got our clear otd holder froma SuperTarget on hwy 50 in Clermont, right after the back to school sale. They were like a dollar or so on clearance.
truck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 03:03 PM   #288
elainyaeq
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck1 View Post
Yes, a standard 3 prong outlet wil in the outlets onboard. They are typical 120 household style plugs, and have the European adapers already built in.

We got our clear otd holder froma SuperTarget on hwy 50 in Clermont, right after the back to school sale. They were like a dollar or so on clearance.
Thanks truck 1
Old 10-04-2012, 03:14 PM   #289
petbren
DIS Veteran

Fantasy

I have read this entire thread, packing OCD. Anyone travel on the Fantasy with any new updates/suggestions?
Is there an i-pod dock, different clocks, etc?
Also, about coffee--no coffee maker in the room, correct? DH is going to have a fit if he can only get bad coffee and has to walk quite a ways for it in the AM. We always bring our own, and have had our bags searched several times at airport for that reason I think
AKV-KIDANI 2014 Fantasy E.Carib.20132011 HHI 2011 BWV 2009 BCV/OKW for F&W Festival, 2008 AKV,2007 1st trip home BWV 2006 Pop Century 2004 Polynesian 1991 Caribbean Beach Resort 1982 Off Site 1977 Off Site
petbren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:41 PM   #290
DreamBound23
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom323 View Post
We have one similar to this one. We used it so much our grown children asked for them for christmas.
http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/62130?feat=203-GN1
Thanks for the suggestion! Just ordered one! I am always so disorganized when travelling...always fishing in my purse for papers!

4 Night Bahamas Dream Cruise - 11/27/11-12/1/11
7 Night Eastern Caribbean Fantasy Cruise - 12/01/12
7 Night Western Caribbean Fantasy Cruise - 04/26/14
7 Night Eastern Caribbean Fantasy Cruise - 01/24/15

DreamBound23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:56 PM   #291
EeyoreIsMyName
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicogirl View Post
Ok, we have all seen advice on what to bring, but what would your top 10 things to bring for your stateroom. With a family of four, I'm trying to keep my packing small. Or at least as small as I can that is..
1. Hand sanitizer in a pump bottle
2. Flat iron or curling iron
3. Water shoes for Aquaduck/water slides/pool areas
4. Camera
5. Clothes

I cut your list in half (only 5 items!). Does that help any??!! (he, he!)
EeyoreIsMyName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:19 PM   #292
Kbrush
Mouseketeer

Thermos Bottle!!

If you start out with a cold beverage, a good old fashioned Thermos bottle will keep ice in it all day at a hot beach, even when the metal exterior is hot to the touch! It is true there are a lot of drink stations, but on CC they may be several minutes walk away. It is really nice to have a drink that you can slowly sip that stays icy cold for hours. Great for excursions as well. If you always fill it with cold drinks the ice can literally last for over a day. I use my thermos all the time and really love it. It will also keep hot drinks hot for many hours or even overnight.

My thermos is all metal - no glass to break like the really old fashioned ones. It is by Thermos brand.
Kbrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:12 AM   #293
redsonja76
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phototech11 View Post
Also for you tech geeks out here you can bring a HDMI cable and plug in the back of the tv in the room. At night if there were no movies playing for the kids...I would just plug in my ipad2 w/HDMI connector and play movies. Just be sure you disconnect when you leave the room.
Brilliant!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcroadman View Post
Do i need to bring beach towels for the non disney beach excursions???
Don't want to unless I really need to.
I personally think it's fun to buy beach towels in the souvie shop!
Old 10-05-2012, 12:51 PM   #294
my2boys2disney
Mouseketeer

Great thread, thanks !

my2boys2disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:43 PM   #295
TIGGERmetoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrush View Post
thermos bottle!!

If you start out with a cold beverage, a good old fashioned thermos bottle will keep ice in it all day at a hot beach, even when the metal exterior is hot to the touch! It is true there are a lot of drink stations, but on cc they may be several minutes walk away. It is really nice to have a drink that you can slowly sip that stays icy cold for hours. Great for excursions as well. If you always fill it with cold drinks the ice can literally last for over a day. I use my thermos all the time and really love it. It will also keep hot drinks hot for many hours or even overnight.

My thermos is all metal - no glass to break like the really old fashioned ones. It is by thermos brand.
hydroflask!!!

Terri

TIGGERmetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:22 PM   #296
chiburple
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panfan86 View Post
I second this request! My boyfriend and I are going on our first Disney cruise to Alaska next May. Any specific things to bring on this cruise would be much appricated!

Alaska next May... you don't by any chance mean the May 27th sailing which would be the exact same one I'm on???!

I've never been to Alaska so much like you I've been looking for information on this. So far I don't have much (and I'm not sure of what I do have as it's hear-say) but here's what I read:

- Bring rain ponchos because apparently there's lots of rain

- Do bring swimsuits because the pools are heated. I'm pretty sure there's also a hot tub in the adult section. There were hot tubs in the family section of the Dream as well but not sure if this is true on the Wonder.

- Don't plan on being able to bring food from the ship into the port (for lunch for example). According to what I read (which I take with a grain of salt) Alaska is very strict about not letting cruisers take food off the ship.

Does anyone have anything they can add to that?? (Or any corrections of mis-information on my part)
chiburple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:25 PM   #297
acourtwdw2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by petbren View Post
I have read this entire thread, packing OCD. Anyone travel on the Fantasy with any new updates/suggestions?
Is there an i-pod dock, different clocks, etc?
Also, about coffee--no coffee maker in the room, correct? DH is going to have a fit if he can only get bad coffee and has to walk quite a ways for it in the AM. We always bring our own, and have had our bags searched several times at airport for that reason I think
I have room service bring a pot of coffee to me each morning. It works as my wake up call also because they call about 10 mins before its delivered and when they knock on the door i'm ready for it.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:45 PM   #298
petbren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by acourtwdw2 View Post
I have room service bring a pot of coffee to me each morning. It works as my wake up call also because they call about 10 mins before its delivered and when they knock on the door i'm ready for it.
Thanks for the idea. Will probably do that but I know Mr. Picky Coffee Man (DH) will be all "$6000 for a crusie and I can't get a descent cup of coffee"
AKV-KIDANI 2014 Fantasy E.Carib.20132011 HHI 2011 BWV 2009 BCV/OKW for F&W Festival, 2008 AKV,2007 1st trip home BWV 2006 Pop Century 2004 Polynesian 1991 Caribbean Beach Resort 1982 Off Site 1977 Off Site
petbren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:19 PM   #299
Disneysince1982
DIS Veteran

We just got back from a Fantasy cruise Oct. 6.
These are the things I would definately bring again:

The #1 thing to remember to bring is the over the door organizer for the bathroom. I bought one at walmart for under $6. It held everything. There is not enough counter space in the bathroom. My daughter thought I was ridiculous for bringing it, until we actually got on the ship. Our counter was uncluttered and her counter was overflowing!

2. ponchos - but don't forget to bring them with you when you dock at ports! We got really wet at Cozumel.

3. clothes pins - I brought the big ones from the dollar store. Worked great for clipping swimsuits to the chairs on the verandah. Dried super quick.

Things I don't need to bring on the Fantasy:
1. We brought a power cord and did not need it. There are more than enough outlets in the room. Next to the bed and at the desk. We charged our phones, camcorder and camera batteries and still had extra outlets to use.

2. Hairdryer. The hairdryer on the Fantasy worked great.

3. Don't need to bring an ipod charger or clock. The clock there worked great and has a built in ipod dock. I did have to cover the front of the clock at night - it was bright!

4. We brought way too many clothes. Next time I will bring half!

5. We brought beverage mugs to use on the ship. We only used them once. The rest of the time we just used the cups at the beverage station. You can go back as often as you like.
Disneysince1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:37 PM   #300
niki2576
niki2576

Great ideas

love the ideas! I am 78 days away and making lists like CRAZY!
niki2576 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: