Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2011, 07:03 PM   #271
Shell54
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_barrie View Post
Not only can you get towels for the beach/pool, but the Spa will loan you one of their luxurious robes. You can use it all cruise long & just return it in your stateroom!
I wish I'd know that a few weeks ago about the robes. I loved those robes (and because I fly.. no room for a bulky robe in luggage). I guess they're the same ones you wear before/after your massages?? DH and I got the couples massage. They were so nice!! I would have liked having one in my room for the duration of the cruise. Next time

Disney Magic 8/12

Shell54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:19 PM   #272
redheadtove
Mouseketeer

I have only been on 1 Disney Cruise with our second one coming up in December. ( we are taking the 8 day New Years Cruise) and I have to say bring a power bar to plug in the electronic things you have with you. I say bring a travel clock with you as well, because if you are like me and need to know what the time is in the night a travel clock would be a great asset. Though I did read in a earlier thread that they were planning on putting new alarms with Ipod chargers in the Magic Ship. Is this true???

I have to say thanks to the person who started this thread because I have gotten some great tips for things to take on our next Cruise...

I'm so excited... Is it New Years yet??
redheadtove is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2011, 10:49 PM   #273
toy
Mouseketeer

The one thing I forgot to take was a beach bag. I was so focused on getting all the beach stuff that I forgot to pack a bag for it all. Fortunately my girls always travel with a backpack. We used one of those.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:37 AM   #274
IlliniAmy
Smarter than I look ;)

Definitely a power strip or extension cord! I brought a plug expander that did me no good whatsoever! It's a small plastic box, 3 plugs long with one plug on the back to go into the wall. When we plugged it in by the desk it blocked the other outlet and you could only really use one if the additional ones

One accidental discovery that helped a lot: plugging the wave phone charger into the plug on the hairdryer in the bathroom - adds space on the desk outlet and if you leave a wave phone on it overnight it makes a great nightlight for midnight potty breaks!
IlliniAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:48 PM   #275
John21601
Earning My Ears

Bump.
2012- Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
2013- WDW/Shades of Green
2014- Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
John21601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:27 PM   #276
dbarker
Mouseketeer
You can't miss my DH. He's a big burly USMC redneck w/ a fanny pack and acting like a kid who can't wait for the next ride at WDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracykim View Post
Ok, this is just MY tip and PLEASE do not thrash me because of it. There ARE smokers on these cruises, like it or not!!

Verandah Smokers - Bring your own ashtray. There is an ashtray on the balcony BUT.... it is affixed to the wall and up high. So if you want to sit down and enjoy your morning coffee and a cigarette, it is a pain to have to get up and down to flick your ash. PLUS there are people under and beside you that would rather not have your ashes all over their verandah!
The ashtrays come off the wall so they can be used.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:09 AM   #277
scrapycruiser
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiegosusie View Post
1. I use a combo night-light, extra outlet and air freshener (plug in) all in one. It is made by Glade I think. Saves on room...

2. I also have to pack my LL Bean travel organizer. We use it for all paperwork insurance cards, AAA cards, phone numbers etc... and just tuck it into the safe. And this is where I store our travel flash drive with our tickets, ID's, CC's and info scanned.

Which LL Bean travel organizer are you talking about? I'd love to buy one!

3. Over the door...must have!

4. Magnetic clips go on our door. We clip notes, Navigators, tickets for events, like Tea with Alice. They work great.

5. Pop up laundry hamper and a laundry kit. Tide, Purex sheets, Downey wrinkle release, Shout stick and wipes and Downey sheets. All fits in a 2 gallon ziploc bag.

6. Med kit stored in clear cosmetic case which I found at Walmart: OTC meds, Rx's, mini first aid, and mini Swiss Army knife. We've used this each and every trip.

7. Mini Mag flashlight (stored in the above kit). My SIL and BIL were on the Carnival Splendor that caught fire. They used their flashlight everyday. We used it on our last trip to look into our daughter's sore throat.

8. Movie Candy. I make up bags with mini boxes of candy favorites, with a cute tag: Mickey's Movie Munchies! Nothing beats fries and a Mickey bar in the theatre though.

9. Jansport black mini backpack and regular size backpack for excursions. I hold the mini and DH holds the other.

Hope this helps!
Which travel organizer are you talking about ?
Old 05-28-2012, 02:00 PM   #278
Mom323
Founding member of FOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapycruiser View Post
Which travel organizer are you talking about ?
We have one similar to this one. We used it so much our grown children asked for them for christmas.
http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/62130?feat=203-GN1
Mom323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:44 AM   #279
elainyaeq
Mouseketeer

plug strip

probably a silly question! and maybe i missed it in the boards, Can someone tell me if a three-prong plug-strip will fit in one of the outlets in our room on the Dream?
Old 10-02-2012, 09:18 AM   #280
mcroadman
Mouseketeer

ziplock

So, I have enjoyed reading this list and getting ready for our cruise.

I was thrilled to find 2 1/2 gallon ziplock bags at Target.. 10 for $3.99.

There are so many ways we can use those..

Magic out of Galveston! Oct. 6, 2012
WHAT AN EXCELLENT TRIP!
::
mcroadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:20 AM   #281
mcroadman
Mouseketeer

for non-disney excursions

Do i need to bring beach towels for the non disney beach excursions???
Don't want to unless I really need to.

WHAT AN EXCELLENT TRIP!
Old 10-02-2012, 09:27 AM   #282
MissMet
DVC Member, former NY Mets Season Tkt Holder & Blogging Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcroadman View Post
Do i need to bring beach towels for the non disney beach excursions???
Don't want to unless I really need to.
You can take a pool towel, however if you have the room for your own beach towel I'd bring it. DCL's towels are small & when you get to Castaway (etc.) it's much easier to see your personal towel rather than picking out your white DCL towel in the sea of white DCL towels.

Plus, they make great breakable souvenir protectors.

MissMet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:28 AM   #283
elainyaeq
Mouseketeer

over the door shoe holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamgen View Post
My mom always brings the 3M hooks that are safe for walls. She used them to hang swim suits, lanyards, pjs, etc...it was a great idea!!
I always bring room spray too. I spray it when we leave the room and when we return, it smells fantastic!

I must bring the over the door shoe holder. It holds everything from toiletries to jewelry to flipflops! Whatever small things you dont want rolling around or getting lost.

Other things"
a fan
drink mug
candy for movies

i live near tampa and i can't find a clear plastic one of these at a target or walmart or dollar tree...Can someone tell me where do i find one of these?
Old 10-02-2012, 09:58 AM   #284
sager1969
Mouseketeer

Last cruise I brought two foldable bins. These were a little narrower than a shoe box. We used these to organize items purchased and one was for sunscreens and outside stuff. It helped keep us from trying to find things as we went out the door.

Also, we used the heck out of the suction cup hooks for our lanyards. We have hooks for keeps at home so this was perfect.

Thanks!
BLT - 3/2012; Dream/BWV - 6/2012; Magic - 10/2012;
ALK - 3/2013; Aulani - 6/2013; DVC Dream/AKV - 10/2013; Christmas Dream/WL - 12/2013;
AKL - 3/2014; Wonder - 6/2014; ABD Backstage magic - 7/2014
sager1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:22 AM   #285
mcroadman
Mouseketeer

in a store on the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phototech11 View Post
I have read 100's of postings on this topic before our first DCL Dream...

If I could add one more item...dont forget to bring something to the CS desk to have the characters sign so your little ones will remember the cruise for a life time...we bought a 9" white ViynlMation at DL and brought it with us. You can also get them online at Disney.com...pictures below...Don't forget to include a bag of candy for the characters as a Thank You!!!

Will I find these possibly on the ship? the ViynlMation!
I love them.. and no time to order them!

WHAT AN EXCELLENT TRIP!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: