Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2014, 10:54 PM   #1
sjncrulz
Earning My Ears

Kennedy Space Center - Congressional Tickets Update

Here is a response I received from my state Senator's office about our request for KSC tickets for May....guess we should have thought about the trip a bit sooner....anyway those of you who want tickets read the email to see if it may even be an option for you....

Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 5:21 PM
To: Featherall, Jeanette (Moran)
Subject: Automatic reply: Johnson: Kennedy Space Center Tickets Request

Hello, and thank you for contacting NASA Headquarters, Office of Legislative & Intergovernmental Affairs.
If you are submitting a tour request for a constituent, please read carefully:
Our office takes requests from Congressional offices on a first-come, first-serve basis, up to six months in advance, for up to 4 complimentary tour tickets per group to the Kennedy Space Center.
Due to the overwhelming amount of requests, we are only taking requests for July 2014 tours. WE WILL ONLY INDIVIDUALLY RESPOND TO REQUESTS FOR THIS TIME FRAME WITHIN 5 BUSINESS DAYS.
Complimentary tickets for tour dates prior to this are not available. The complimentary tickets are the same exact tickets as those that can be purchased. Constituents who are unable to receive the complimentary tickets may purchase them online at , or in person at the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex.
Thank you,
NASA Headquarters
Office of Legislative & Intergovernmental Affairs
sjncrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 01:12 PM   #2
apealing
Earning My Ears

Interesting

I didn't know that you could even request tickets from your congressperson. Thanks for the info.
apealing is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2014, 01:19 PM   #3
4HppyCamprs
DIS Veteran

My congressman was very helpful but it did seem from his response that right at 6 months is when the request should be made and not "within" 6 months as they were already all gone.
09 ASMu 1st Visit! Grandma came too! Free dining 2010 POR 2nd Visit! Grandma is along for the ride! Free dining! 03/05-09/2012 POLY here we come!! We love Disney and Grandma does too! No dining plan and we loved it! DoubleTree DTD: 3/10-3/15/13 The whole gang! Best Trip yet! First Cruise: 1/6-1/10/14 Disney Magic. 2nd Cruise: 10/23-10/28/15 Disney Magic.
Me: Heather DH: DS #1 (11/04) DS #2 (2/09) DD (08/11) rincess:
4HppyCamprs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:03 PM   #4
Capt_BJ
So Many Times

two years ago you could often get them a week b4

then this web site and few others began to let the cat out of the bag and the # of requests exploded.

few congress folks even knew about the program b4 and now there are waiting lists . . .

if I wanted these I'd probably be trying to get my name on a list 8 months out . . .

reminds me of the days of Bozo's Circus TV show, live from Chicago. Tickets were free you just had to ask. At the peak folks were sending for tickets b4 the kids were born in hopes they'd get dated tickets for b4 the kids were 7!!!! I must have been 6 when I went . . .

WDW more than I can count incl EPCOT opening
40+ cruises including
DCL x 7 incl inaugural years of Magic and Wonder
retired 29 yr USCG, 12 years at sea, 4 in Command
Capt_BJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:50 PM   #5
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran

If you cannot get the complimentary tickets, please do be aware that your AAA office can sell you KSC tickets at a slight discount; $5 off each. It's not a GREAT deal, but it is at least better than full-price.
NotUrsula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:52 PM   #6
MOpGrad2013
DIS Veteran

Orlando visitor site has magic card discount for the tickets. I was just on the site and you can print the card or have them mail it.

MOpGrad2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:53 PM   #7
klepton
Mouseketeer

I was told the same thing... A few weeks ago I sent a request for March 27th or 28th. One of rep Boehner's staff called me the next morning to let me know that it was 6 months out. I thought I read you had to wait until 3 months out to request... oh well... we'll likely go anyway
klepton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:55 PM   #8
4HppyCamprs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotUrsula View Post
If you cannot get the complimentary tickets, please do be aware that your AAA office can sell you KSC tickets at a slight discount; $5 off each. It's not a GREAT deal, but it is at least better than full-price.
Reserve Orlando also offered $5.00 off.
09 ASMu 1st Visit! Grandma came too! Free dining 2010 POR 2nd Visit! Grandma is along for the ride! Free dining! 03/05-09/2012 POLY here we come!! We love Disney and Grandma does too! No dining plan and we loved it! DoubleTree DTD: 3/10-3/15/13 The whole gang! Best Trip yet! First Cruise: 1/6-1/10/14 Disney Magic. 2nd Cruise: 10/23-10/28/15 Disney Magic.
Me: Heather DH: DS #1 (11/04) DS #2 (2/09) DD (08/11) rincess:
4HppyCamprs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:06 AM   #9
toosuns
Earning My Ears

I just contacted 2 of my congressmen for tickets at the end of December (which is more than 6 months out). Both said that ALL the tickets to Kennedy Space Center have already been given out for the year!
toosuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 01:41 PM   #10
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosuns View Post
I just contacted 2 of my congressmen for tickets at the end of December (which is more than 6 months out). Both said that ALL the tickets to Kennedy Space Center have already been given out for the year!
That would be right. The lead time is 6 months - there's six months left in the year.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:29 PM   #11
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

I've called my congressman's office throughout the last few years for this and they ALWAYS tell me that I should just buy the tix and they have no idea what I'm talking about. So annoying. I call back once in a while to see if they have new interns who can figure it out, but they punt it.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:33 PM   #12
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
I've called my congressman's office throughout the last few years for this and they ALWAYS tell me that I should just buy the tix and they have no idea what I'm talking about. So annoying. I call back once in a while to see if they have new interns who can figure it out, but they punt it.
How about sending them a copy of this thread along with a letter explaining your disappointment at their uncooperativeness in the past?

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:09 PM   #13
richw2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
I agree, just buy tickets. It cost money to run the joint, why should all cruisers go for free, just sayin...
richw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 01:54 PM   #14
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
How about sending them a copy of this thread along with a letter explaining your disappointment at their uncooperativeness in the past?
I might one of these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richw2 View Post
I agree, just buy tickets. It cost money to run the joint, why should all cruisers go for free, just sayin...
Wow, seriously? They are allotted a certain number of tickets. So my problem isn't necessarily that the "ran out" and I have to buy my own tickets (which I have).

My problem is that my congressman's office is so uninformed that they do not know and do not care that there is such a resource for their constituents.

The tickets aren't, as you say, for cruisers. They're for everybody who care to ask if their district has sufficient tickets to pass out.

I've been to Kennedy Space Center 3 times throughout the years and yes, I bought tix for my entire family each and every time.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 12:18 PM   #15
ptcbass
DIS Veteran

FYI - I am in Georgia and went ahead and sent over our request for May 2015. I figure the worst case they would tell me that I am too early and to check back. Well a lady called me and said she got my request and that she called KSC and a lady there told her as of July 1st they were no longer offering tours. she said something about the KSC no longer being able to accommodate tours.

Then she told me I might want to check again toward the end of this year. So now I am confused on if they are no longer giving tours at all or if they are just going to stop giving free tickets.

Just thought I would pass this along.

1995 CBR, 2000 OKW, 2005 POP, 2008 ASSp, 2010 Pop and POR, 2014 POR and DCL Dream, 2015 Dream
ptcbass is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: