Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2010, 04:13 PM   #31
indimom3
Mouseketeer

Something that popped into my head, seeing that pic of all the boards stacked on the boat like that - I wonder if they are going to try and reuse the planks somewhere? Maybe recycle a bit of atmosphere into whatever they are building there?
Or maybe in a few weeks we'll see them on ebay?

WDW Dolphin - Oct 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003
FW Cabin trips - Feb 2009, Dec 2009, July 2010, June 2011, March 2012

Next Trip - YC October 2014
indimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:19 PM   #32
Born 2 Fish
I'D RATHER BE FISHING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCamper View Post
I know all the best info we get comes from bus drivers or lifeguards. Some times I just ride the bus or go to the pool to get info. Those people have there finger on everything going on at Disney
My secret source is the garbage man,,,but don't tell anyone.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2010, 07:44 PM   #33
DisCamper
Just waiting for the next WDW trip

I never thought of the garbage man! They have all the secrets...al the paperwork from all the executives.So, my next trip I'm going to spend at least 3 or 4 days riding along with one of them to learn all of the new secrets.
DisCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:52 AM   #34
itch1
Mouseketeer

Rest room attendants or the ice man have always been a wealth of knowledge!
itch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:59 PM   #35
YensidCamper
Mouseketeer

Enjoying reading about RC changes!
YensidCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:46 PM   #36
thegooftroopfla
Mouseketeer

i think the best information comes word of mouth. i had heard this trick before and tried it. i was sitting under the ball at epcot and started telling someone in my group loudly that the ball was so light it was held up by the equivlent of pieces of paer that were in the exterior columns and they have to remove it for hurricanes. because they were just paper mache hollow pillars. he then asked how is it so light. i told him it was full of helium. he said how come our voices are not high pitched when we ride spaceship earth. i said because the breeze you feel in your face was humidified oxygen to keep you from doing that.
5 minutes later the guy sitting on the fountains family walked up. he started telling them in depth about how they remove it for hurricanes, and retold the same story. then i heard it again later at epcot. later on that night on the way back to the fort we were taking the monorail and someone who i had never seen was telling his family the bogus story i had made up. i asked him where he heard it from he said an employee. believe it or not two days later i am at bongos in dtd and people at the bar are talking about that same story but way outta whack. so i had more fun. and asked do they move the paper mache stilts or does the ball go to. beacause where would they store it. he then goes off on a tangent about that is why they filled it with helium so it will stay floating and they only remove the paper mache stilts. and it is designed as a ball to be aerodynamic and float and not get damaged. he had read it in a disney facts book he told me. he had no idea i had made the story up days earlier. the person with me was hysterical laughing about what was going on not believing how fast this crap traveled. the guy thought he was laughing at him got very deffensive and told us we were idiots for not believeing that disney has the knowledge and know how to accomplish this. we just laughed walked out and told our wives who were looking at us with disbelief. at this point my teenage daughter tells me she heard the same story while going to the bathroom at the contemporary. it is funny how peopl believe anything when they are in disney
thegooftroopfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 12:38 AM   #37
SandrA9810
DIS Veteran

One of my coordinators at work (at disney) told me this story. It was between his and another co-worker.

him: "I don't know what is up with this weather..."
cw: "what are you talking about?"
him: "why it's so rainy today, it must be acting up again..."
cw: "what's acting up?"
him: "the weather dome."
cw: "the weather dome?"
him: "yeah, didn't you know disney had a weather dome"
cw: "nooo..."
him: "yeah, well disney has to do something about all the thunderstorms and stuff"

After a short while, he actually managed to convice a co-worker, that had been with the company for a few years already, that there was a weather dome over Disney that controlled the thunderstorms.

It doesn't surprise me one bit to hear crazy stories. Sometimes I'll sit and laugh in my own little corner, because the story the person is telling is too outragous. Other times, I'll go over and correct the story, if they're not too far off from the truth.
SandrA9810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:55 AM   #38
Shasta

On list for Apple's assimilation upgrade to become iShasta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Fish View Post
My secret source is the garbage man,,,but don't tell anyone.
It worked for G. Gordon Liddy.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:52 AM   #39
ynottony99
Ask me about the Mickey Waffles!!!!!!!

SandrA9810 and thegooftroopfla, those are great stories. The more sensational stories are the most appealing. That's why the tabloids do so well.

ynottony99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:42 PM   #40
Born 2 Fish
I'D RATHER BE FISHING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
It worked for G. Gordon Liddy.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:05 PM   #41
lucy_love
DIS Veteran

Got back yesterday, left my memory card at home= no pictures

things I noticed:

1.) still working on taking down wood, gazebo was still up when I was there but the boardwalk is gone,

2.) Fence that was pictured above is still up so you cannot see much.

3.) There were odd spray paint markings in the pavement on the loop roads (not near RC). There were several 3 x 3 inch blue squares all over, couldn't figure out what they were for? Also some circles with numbers and arrows.

4.) Trails End- we were with another family and had breakfast, lunch, and dinner at TE by the end of the trip and everyone enjoyed it. We think they added items, my family all thought there were more items? Anyone else notice who has been recently? We also had Ken and Mean Jean We have been going to TE for years and will continue to keep going!

TE part 2: above some pp's were talking about a discount at TE, don't remember what it was called and some posters said they accepted it and others said they did not accept it? Well when we were they this weekend they WERE accepting it, the party in front of us had it.

5.) That's all I can think of for now, the fort was packed!

p.s. about the FL $99 deal going on, if you do the volunteer thing, they will deduct the free pass from the $99 so it ends up being $21 for 4 days! A little over $5 a day for 4 days, crazy!

Family cross-country trip, see it here: http://rvtripsdabkowski.com/
My travel and baking blog : http://dessertationblog.blogspot.com/
lucy_love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:32 PM   #42
ynottony99
Ask me about the Mickey Waffles!!!!!!!

Ashley, thanks for the info. I think we are going to have to wait just a little longer to find out just what is going on.

I think there have been some small improvements to TE's breakfast. Selection is a little better, and quality was good on our visit last Tuesday.

Thanks!

ynottony99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:35 PM   #43
YensidCamper
Mouseketeer

Lucy_ Love, thanks for the update. I am sure all of us would love to see your pictures when you get a chance. If it weren't for this website I would go nuts without a Disney Fix between trips.
YensidCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:34 AM   #44
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

very interesting update!
i do have pictures from RC from just a few months before it closed, but i don't know where they are
i've found a few of them, but only of the kids in the water...
but i remember taking pictures all over the place on that visit...
one day i'll come upon them....
disneyholic family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:13 AM   #45
OK GRUMPY
And that is some useless chit chat!
I wonder if they serve Green Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy_love View Post
p.s. About the fl $99 deal going on, if you do the volunteer thing, they will deduct the free pass from the $99 so it ends up being $21 for 4 days! A little over $5 a day for 4 days, crazy!
WOW! what a deal!

OK GRUMPY is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: