Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2010, 04:21 PM   #526
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!

While we were over by StarWars we decided it would be the be the perfect time to check out the back lot tour. This was by far the longest wait that we had the whole trip. We were surrounded by a tour group, and they were not being polite to say the least. They almost knocked over an older woman who was a few rows away from us waiting.
So we waited and waited and waited. We got in, and they had cut the opening show where they show the effects, due to the temperatures. We didn't get to see the whole thing, but where we had never been through it was interesting to us! We went into the warehouse and waited and waited some more. They loaded us into the cars and way we went.
Josh and I in the tram.

Mickey!

John and a plane

We went through the costume building.

The water tower

Josh wanted a photo of this, I don’t know what it is…

And that was it.

There was some kind of issue with the rest of the ride. So we were done. I guess Josh and I will have to give it a try some other time. I was so disappointed that we waited that long, and didn’t even get to see the whole thing!

Coming up - Grumpy bride, and WE WILL SEE THEM
Old 06-28-2010, 05:56 PM   #527
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

That was the slave trader ship from Star Wars Return of the Jedi when they were on planet Tatooine and Jabba the Hut wanted to put our good guys Luke and Han into the sarlacc pit to be slowly digested over thousands of years.

Sounds like it's still boiling hot!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2010, 12:21 AM   #528
PebblesMK
DIS Veteran

I bet you think I'm going to ask for more. But I'm not. I'm simply going to say....tomorrow I'm tucking in my shirt.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:01 PM   #529
My sister's princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
That was the slave trader ship from Star Wars Return of the Jedi when they were on planet Tatooine and Jabba the Hut wanted to put our good guys Luke and Han into the sarlacc pit to be slowly digested over thousands of years.

Sounds like it's still boiling hot!

Thank you, he keeps saying that I need to watch those movies with him. I might give in soon and watch them....
Old 06-29-2010, 07:01 PM   #530
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by My sister's princess View Post
Thank you, he keeps saying that I need to watch those movies with him. I might give in soon and watch them....
You should It did make me seem like quite the SW geek that I knew
Old 07-01-2010, 06:13 PM   #531
My sister's princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
You should It did make me seem like quite the SW geek that I knew
Old 07-05-2010, 11:39 AM   #532
Hollywoodhaha
After all this time? Always
Mad Hatter It's a love story, Baby just say yes

YOU MUST UPDATE. I just caught up to read the whole thing.

WDW College Program Alumni: Spring Advantage 2012 merchandise & Fall 2013 Space Mountain

Old 07-07-2010, 05:09 PM   #533
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by My sister's princess View Post
Killeen
Just read your whole report so far!!

Beautiful wedding pictures, both by Randy and your sister!! Wonderful vows also, you both did so well!!

Loved the SOG photos, loved staying there. Isn't it beautiful?

I hope along with next years trip report, we will also get to see wedding pictures! Will that be your "family" wedding? Wouldn't it be fun to have a double wedding with your sister?!?

As for Killeen, my son in law is stationed at Ft. Hood and I work at a nearby hospital. I lived in CA all my life until a few years ago, so Killeen has been quite the change. Very interesting on holidays!

Congratulations on the new job! When are you going back and where are you staying?

Looking forward to more trip pictures!! Oh and your sister looks beautiful in blue!! Definately her color!

Thanks eandesmom!!!
Old 07-07-2010, 10:53 PM   #534
My sister's princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywoodhaha View Post
YOU MUST UPDATE. I just caught up to read the whole thing.

I will update tomorrow I hope! I am going camping this weekend with his family, but I want to finish this report... someday

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
Just read your whole report so far!!

Beautiful wedding pictures, both by Randy and your sister!! Wonderful vows also, you both did so well!!

Loved the SOG photos, loved staying there. Isn't it beautiful?

I hope along with next years trip report, we will also get to see wedding pictures! Will that be your "family" wedding? Wouldn't it be fun to have a double wedding with your sister?!?

As for Killeen, my son in law is stationed at Ft. Hood and I work at a nearby hospital. I lived in CA all my life until a few years ago, so Killeen has been quite the change. Very interesting on holidays!

Congratulations on the new job! When are you going back and where are you staying?

Looking forward to more trip pictures!! Oh and your sister looks beautiful in blue!! Definately her color!
Thank you for pushing through! I know it is getting long and messy!

We love out photos, I am still a little shocked at how many there are!

We loved SOG, we are thinking about staying there someday, but we aren't sure if we want to give up that "Disney feel" Everything we saw of the resort was just amazing.

I am sure the the TR for that trip will include some photos from the family wedding. I bet that is going to be a hoot, I can't wait! We are looking at going on Mayish of next year. I am thinking either AllStars movies (I would want a toystory room for my boy) or I have just started looking into a few of the mods....

Killeen was... interesting. The night we arrived we were driving down the road when we came along a car on fire and like 30 people standing there watching it burn
Other than that we had a great time, just seeing Josh would have made a dump seem like the trip of a lifetime!
Old 07-09-2010, 02:32 PM   #535
tashybea
Mad about the mouse

Woo hoo, all caught up, looking forward to more!
Old 07-09-2010, 06:42 PM   #536
ohhaieeyore
Up, up and away

I love your wedding photos. You two look so in love
Old 07-13-2010, 11:57 AM   #537
wizzzzzard
Mouseketeer

Just caught up. Looks like y'all had fun.

Fort Hood, and Killeen TX. That's where I was I stationed back in 1988 through 1991. Building 16006 if it's still standing... 26th Field Artillery. I had some tempoary quarters after we got back from Iraq in 1991. They were near a bowling alley, that was near the 2nd AD Water tower. I don't remember the building # becuase I was only there for 3 months, just before getting discharged.

I was a part of 2nd Armored division when it was based there. The other units I remember were: III Corps, 1st Cavalry, 13th COSCOM, 16th ADA, and 89th MP's There were more, but I left Ft. Hood back in 1991, so I'm sure things have changed since then. And I'm a old man now...

My own trip back to the world is beginning in 40 days.

From one old soldier, and former Fort Hood'er, please pass along my best wishes to your soldier.
Me, DW, & DS: Dec '99 off prop (in-law's house), Nov '00 Contemporary (1 night; rest was off-prop), Apr '02 POR (1 night; rest was off prop)
Me, DW, DS, & DD:Apr '03 off prop (in-law's house), Apr '05 off prop (in-law's house), Jun '06 (1 day in MK) off prop (in-law's house), Aug '07 POP, Dec '08/Jan '09 POP, Aug '10 CR, Aug '12 AoA, Jul '14 POR
Old 07-15-2010, 08:59 PM   #538
My sister's princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashybea View Post
Woo hoo, all caught up, looking forward to more!
Hope to get more up soon! Thank you for catching up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhaieeyore View Post
I love your wedding photos. You two look so in love
Thank you. He is a wonderful man, easy to love

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzzzzard View Post
Just caught up. Looks like y'all had fun.

Fort Hood, and Killeen TX. That's where I was I stationed back in 1988 through 1991. Building 16006 if it's still standing... 26th Field Artillery. I had some tempoary quarters after we got back from Iraq in 1991. They were near a bowling alley, that was near the 2nd AD Water tower. I don't remember the building # becuase I was only there for 3 months, just before getting discharged.

I was a part of 2nd Armored division when it was based there. The other units I remember were: III Corps, 1st Cavalry, 13th COSCOM, 16th ADA, and 89th MP's There were more, but I left Ft. Hood back in 1991, so I'm sure things have changed since then. And I'm a old man now...

My own trip back to the world is beginning in 40 days.

From one old soldier, and former Fort Hood'er, please pass along my best wishes to your soldier.

Enjoy your trip to the world! I will pass your wishes on!
Old 07-18-2010, 05:45 PM   #539
The Big Sister
Earning My Ears

John doesnt like that picture with the plane munchkin but i told him at least he doesnt have closed eyes, . SunnieRN thank you so much that was sweet and blue is my favorite color. We r getting married in Antigua September 21, 2010 with a Disney trip planned shortly after. Thanks to all who follow my sisters report and think our crazy family is cute.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:10 PM   #540
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Sister View Post
John doesnt like that picture with the plane munchkin but i told him at least he doesnt have closed eyes, . SunnieRN thank you so much that was sweet and blue is my favorite color. We r getting married in Antigua September 21, 2010 with a Disney trip planned shortly after. Thanks to all who follow my sisters report and think our crazy family is cute.
Hello all, don't even know how I found your thread link to link to link as is common on the Dis.have read it all & wanted to give my take. Loved the pictures, the ceremony was absolutely gorgeous, I loved the sheer joy on the pastors face at the end when he announces Mr & Mrs. God bless you all! To big sister congratulations to you too I think both couples are endearing. FYI Tell your John my eyes always seem to squint that way too !

Ruthie

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: