Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2010, 10:59 PM   #901
curemyreed
DIS Veteran

Question Parasailors.....

How do you parasail without getting wet?! I assumed we would need to wear our bathing suits.....we won't?
curemyreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:48 AM   #902
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansmom View Post
you tawkin to me?

We get 3 meals per person for the night...and as DH and i always share our food, we'll be spreading them over the 2 days. It really works out perfectly for us as what we always order is app, entree and dessert.

Got it then good luck hope you enjoy! Post how it was when you return!

nannette is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2010, 08:16 AM   #903
let'sgo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by curemyreed View Post
How do you parasail without getting wet?! I assumed we would need to wear our bathing suits.....we won't?
I just did parasailing last month and you don't get wet at all. Just make sure that it isn't real windy the day you go or you tend to get tossed around a bit. You can also take your camera up with you and get some cool pictures. They fasten it to your harness so you don't have to worry about it.

You stand in the back of the boat and they go fast to fill the parachute with air, then strap you onto it, then release you and up you go. When it's time to come back, they winch you back and you land on the back of the boat. You don't even get splashed.

If you have time, try the personal watercraft tour. I loved it! You ride your own jet ski craft all around the perimeter of Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake and the CM points out interesting places and tells stories. Then you get to free ride in an area for a short time. I didn't wear a bathing suit for this one either, and you do get splashed a little bit, but not bad at all.

Have fun!
let'sgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 01:33 AM   #904
curemyreed
DIS Veteran

Are these back-to-back tours possible?

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Epcot Segway tour!!! REALLY, REALLY want to get to know some Dolphins!!!

The Segway tour is scheduled for 2 hours. If I book the first one of the day which is at 7:45 that will have us done at 9:45 a.m. IF the tour is running on time.... I'm operating under the belief that the first tour of the day isn't as likely to be late as later ones....

The Dolphins in Depth tour STARTS at 9:45 a.m. The Segway tour would conclude at Innoventions and we would need to hustle to the Dolphin meet-up at Guest Relations outside the gates. It may very well be that being even a few minutes late for the Dolphin meet-up means too-bad-ya-missed-it, Kid!

I'm wondering if anyone has scheduled these tours back-to-back? Comments?

TIA!

Also, thanks to those who have kindly responded to my questions so far!!!
curemyreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:43 AM   #905
2ofUs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansmom View Post
you tawkin to me?

We get 3 meals per person for the night...and as DH and i always share our food, we'll be spreading them over the 2 days. It really works out perfectly for us as what we always order is app, entree and dessert.
That is a good idea since it is what DH and I generally do. I will note that even with just 3 meals over 2 days, we were quite stuffed. We did get one 'free' QS lunch on the KTTK tour, but it was just a sandwich & chips. We took advantage of the 4 snacks (total) and had breakfast the second morning.

I do have 3 curiosity questions:
-What will your GF be doing for meals - is she sharing also?
-Where are you staying; do you have to relocate?
-Why is only DH doing Segway - are you doing something else then?

HAPPY TRAVELERS...can't afford it...gotta do it! Now, if only we could fly for free like
2013 5/13-18 YC/POFQ; 2013 Jan 28/31 Disneyland Hotel; 2012 Nov 6/14 AKL/POP; 2012 Mar 14/23 POP/DREAM; 2011 Oct 7 nites on WONDER; Feb 4 nites on DREAM; 2010 Sep 8/16 POP/Bonnet Ck/BLT; 2009 Sep 21/30 & Jan 20/28 POP/SSR & OKW/Bonnet Ck; 2006 Sep 23/30 Poly/OKW; 2005 Jan WLV/Bonnet Ck; 2003 Feb AKL; 2001 Sep off-site; 2000 March AS Music
2ofUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 04:27 PM   #906
beansmom
Your dream eludes you? Don't you know that a dream is a wish your heart makes??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ofUs View Post
That is a good idea since it is what DH and I generally do. I will note that even with just 3 meals over 2 days, we were quite stuffed. We did get one 'free' QS lunch on the KTTK tour, but it was just a sandwich & chips. We took advantage of the 4 snacks (total) and had breakfast the second morning. We will probably do the same thing. I can't IMAGINE being able to squeeze a snack into those already food-flooded days.

I do have 3 curiosity questions
-What will your GF be doing for meals - is she sharing also? Well, she IS sharing meals...with her own husband. They eat that same way, too. I guess once yer past teenage, you can't eat a 20oz steak by yourself. :P
-Where are you staying; do you have to relocate?We are staying at the POP for the Premium Package night then moving over to CBR only because we already had bounceback ressies there before we decided to do the Premium Package.
-Why is only DH doing Segway - are you doing something else then?DH is doing the Segway alone because I was 12 before I found out my name really wasn't 'Grace'. I don't wanna spend my vacation looking like a plane crash survivor. I am quite content to sleep in while he scampers off to Epcot at the crack of dawn.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:50 PM   #907
2ofUs
DIS Veteran

I love your sense of humor! But Segway is really not that difficult and quite fun. Doesn't require anything much - not even a sense of balance. Biggest thing is to relax and realize it is mostly about shifting your weight - and I don't mean 'throwing it around'

You merely press with the ball of your foot to move forward and press onto your heal to move backward. They don't really explain it that way, but they should. They want you to HOLD ON TO THE handles, but I generally use just my finger tips as I tend to grab too tightly and tense up when I HOLD ON.

They give you plenty of practice time and even let you 'opt-out' if you don't feel comfortable going outside for the tour.

AND - it is really different to see Epcot in the early morning with no one there. Honestly, this is one of my very favorite things to do and I am now 62. So, maybe you'll get brave and give it a try? What have you got to loose but your dignity - and it appears you may have ditched that long ago.

HAPPY TRAVELERS...can't afford it...gotta do it! Now, if only we could fly for free like
2013 5/13-18 YC/POFQ; 2013 Jan 28/31 Disneyland Hotel; 2012 Nov 6/14 AKL/POP; 2012 Mar 14/23 POP/DREAM; 2011 Oct 7 nites on WONDER; Feb 4 nites on DREAM; 2010 Sep 8/16 POP/Bonnet Ck/BLT; 2009 Sep 21/30 & Jan 20/28 POP/SSR & OKW/Bonnet Ck; 2006 Sep 23/30 Poly/OKW; 2005 Jan WLV/Bonnet Ck; 2003 Feb AKL; 2001 Sep off-site; 2000 March AS Music
2ofUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 04:38 PM   #908
arilvdc
Mouseketeer

Hey everyone, I'm still working on my trip review for August, but I should be done by tomorrow!! I just wanted to let you all know we booked a one night platinum plan AGAIN, for 11/29-11/30. Yep, less than 50 days away! This time we're staying Yacht Club, Club level. we wanted Beach Club, but it was the same price for water view as opposed to club level at YC. I'm so excited!!
arilvdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 04:41 PM   #909
arilvdc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by curemyreed View Post
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Epcot Segway tour!!! REALLY, REALLY want to get to know some Dolphins!!!

The Segway tour is scheduled for 2 hours. If I book the first one of the day which is at 7:45 that will have us done at 9:45 a.m. IF the tour is running on time.... I'm operating under the belief that the first tour of the day isn't as likely to be late as later ones....

The Dolphins in Depth tour STARTS at 9:45 a.m. The Segway tour would conclude at Innoventions and we would need to hustle to the Dolphin meet-up at Guest Relations outside the gates. It may very well be that being even a few minutes late for the Dolphin meet-up means too-bad-ya-missed-it, Kid!

I'm wondering if anyone has scheduled these tours back-to-back? Comments?

TIA!

Also, thanks to those who have kindly responded to my questions so far!!!
We did the Dolphins and then the Aqua Seas tour back to back, and they actually overlapped by 15 minutes. Also, the Dolphin tour people didn't pick us up from in front of Epcot until 9:55, and then we had a 10 minute get to know you sort of thing just offstage, so I don't see it being a problem. If you're platinum, just make sure the IPO knows, and they'll take care of it for you.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:41 PM   #910
HaleyB
I am a good sister. Mostly.
I am cunfuzzled now
Wait!! You're a guy???!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arilvdc View Post
We did the Dolphins and then the Aqua Seas tour back to back, and they actually overlapped by 15 minutes. Also, the Dolphin tour people didn't pick us up from in front of Epcot until 9:55, and then we had a 10 minute get to know you sort of thing just offstage, so I don't see it being a problem. If you're platinum, just make sure the IPO knows, and they'll take care of it for you.
Hmm.

My resolve not to run us ragged is slowly dissolving. So. Were you starving??

Lost and Found with the Sillies, a Trip Report of sorts
Not so Much a Savings... a 2005 Trip Report.

Phbbbt! by steven_and_haley_bach, Hedgehog Blog!http://princesspricklepants.wordpress.com/

Recent Trips: Aug 2010 AKL/BWV; Sept 2010 Hawaii; December 2010 Disneyland; Jan 2011 Mexico Cruise with the girls; Feb 2011 GF Maelstrom Meet; Feb 2011 Anniversary trip AKL CL with 1 night Platinum Plan. May/June 2011 Family trip; GF CL Sept 2012; Bonnet Creek May 2012; YC CL Sept 2013;

[center]Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
The Silly Trip Report/Epic (2006 Trip Report) NEW again on 8/31/07 part 21!! Dude!!
Not so Much a Savings... a 2005 Trip Report.
[URL=http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1157739]
HaleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 06:38 PM   #911
beansmom
Your dream eludes you? Don't you know that a dream is a wish your heart makes??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ofUs View Post
. So, maybe you'll get brave and give it a try? What have you got to loose but your dignity - and it appears you may have ditched that long ago.
Hey, hey, hey! I resemble that remark!

Maybe next March..we're going back and as it will be spring break time, we think we'll do the Premium for one night again-depending on how it turns out next week. We'll see if DH comes back in traction.
Old 10-09-2010, 08:51 PM   #912
gibbersome
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hey everyone, I'm still working on my trip review for August, but I should be done by tomorrow!! I just wanted to let you all know we booked a one night platinum plan AGAIN, for 11/29-11/30. Yep, less than 50 days away! This time we're staying Yacht Club, Club level. we wanted Beach Club, but it was the same price for water view as opposed to club level at YC. I'm so excited!!
That's great arilvdc! What are you planning to do with the extra tickets?
gibbersome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 01:43 AM   #913
arilvdc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaleyB View Post
Hmm.

My resolve not to run us ragged is slowly dissolving. So. Were you starving??
Yes we were!! I learned to bring some snacks next time, as we had skipped breakfast that day and were starving by lunchtime, and we didn't eat until 4pm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbersome View Post
That's great arilvdc! What are you planning to do with the extra tickets?
We're building up quite a stockpile! Since they don't expire, we'll just add them to our stack. As of today we have 5-1 day tickets, 1- 1 day guest comp, and 2 Give a Day, get a day. When we go in december we'll add two more 1- day tickets, but we're being nice and are going to give them to my future sister in law, who will be joining us for the last few days of the trip.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:38 PM   #914
arilvdc
Mouseketeer

Whoo hOO! The IPO just got back to us, and we got everything we asked for, even though we're booking 48 days out.

There will be three of us this time, and since it's my sister's first visit we'll be splitting up a little.

So far we have
Keys to the Kingdom (sister)
Around the world at Epcot (me and my SO)
Backstage safari (me and my SO)
Aqua Seas (all of us)
massages (SO and sister)
jet ski excursion (sister)
montauk rental (me and SO)
fireworks cruise (all)
la nouba (all, category 1!)
fulton's (all)
hoop de doo (also category 1!)
victoria and albert's (all)

Believe it or not, we actually have some down time each day too, and since we're so close to Epcot, we'll be able to go back to the room/lounge and relax. Since I'm not getting a massage, I'll be able to spend that time at SAB if it's not too cold.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:38 PM   #915
gibbersome
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We're building up quite a stockpile! Since they don't expire, we'll just add them to our stack. As of today we have 5-1 day tickets, 1- 1 day guest comp, and 2 Give a Day, get a day. When we go in december we'll add two more 1- day tickets, but we're being nice and are going to give them to my future sister in law, who will be joining us for the last few days of the trip.
Oooh, that's great! I hadn't considered that you'd be able to give your tickets away to someone else!

We were at WDW at the same time as you guys, 8/17-8/27! It was our first time so we spent the 10 days exploring all the parks and rides and had a blast. This time in January we're going on the Platinum plan now that we know our way around the parks a little. However, I messed up on the planning a little and we're going on Sunday and Monday, days that the Aqua Seas and Dolphins in Depth tours do not run. I guess we'll just have to book another Platinum trip over the Summer!

Last edited by gibbersome; 10-10-2010 at 06:45 PM.
gibbersome is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: