Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2010, 10:58 AM   #796
Symans3honeybees
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihave4kids View Post
I had no trouble getting them to book my reservations this summer either,way before I paid off my package,but I agree,I might pay off early if it would guarantee a 4th of July cruise.
My TA told me that the WDW IPO would only be available to assist us after we have paid in full. Well! no harm done! Since we booked thru my TA to get an extra discount(room), we didn't have "direct" access to our reservation. Most communications were directly sent to my TA, then my TA forwarded them to us. After seeing most of you were able to get in touch with your IPO early, I might book my next trip online and give up the room discount.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:56 PM   #797
FoodLover
Founder of MouseSavers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symans3honeybees View Post
My TA told me that the WDW IPO would only be available to assist us after we have paid in full. Well! no harm done! Since we booked thru my TA to get an extra discount(room), we didn't have "direct" access to our reservation. Most communications were directly sent to my TA, then my TA forwarded them to us. After seeing most of you were able to get in touch with your IPO early, I might book my next trip online and give up the room discount.
I booked with a TA. That doesn't keep you from contacting the IPO. You only need your reservation number.

Mary
FoodLover is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2010, 07:13 PM   #798
Symans3honeybees
DIS Veteran

Thanks Mary. I will do that when I am to book my trip with my TA next time.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:39 PM   #799
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

Ok but somewhere there has to be a grid or chart that shows ALLL options to pick with age range. Totally new to this but LOVING the idea for this June. But when I look at a link provided it just shows the Disney Dining Plan restaurants, etc. Where is the plan explained with "here are your options and this is the cost"......As in tour types, ages, etc....Am I making sense or sounding as confused as I feel???

scottmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:58 PM   #800
Symans3honeybees
DIS Veteran

here are some links you might find useful:

2010 Premium $164/pp(10 & up) http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/med...010Premium.pdf

2011 Premium $169/pp
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/med...011Premium.pdf

2010 Platinum $220/pp(10 & up)
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/med...10Platinum.pdf

2011 Platinum $229/pp(10 & up)
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/med...11Platinum.pdf

Tours(note:not all are included w/above plans)
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/tours.htm

Recreations(see note above)
http://www.wdwinfo.com/recreation/
Old 09-12-2010, 06:08 PM   #801
FoodLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmel View Post
Ok but somewhere there has to be a grid or chart that shows ALLL options to pick with age range. Totally new to this but LOVING the idea for this June. But when I look at a link provided it just shows the Disney Dining Plan restaurants, etc. Where is the plan explained with "here are your options and this is the cost"......As in tour types, ages, etc....Am I making sense or sounding as confused as I feel???
Honestly if you have kids under about age 16 in your group, I don't think the Platinum Plan makes any sense, because the most valuable elements (Victoria & Albert's, spa treatments, expensive tours) are not for kids.

The Premium Plan might work for people with kids, although you really have to do your research, because a lot of the activities and tours have age restrictions.

I think these plans are primarily worthwhile for adults and families with older teens.

I have a page on my site devoted to doing the 1-day Premium and Platinum Plans, which covers pretty much everything that has been discussed on this thread, as well as a list of everything that is included in the plans, and quite a few sample itineraries, but it doesn't have the kind of grid/chart you're asking for.

Mary
MouseSavers.com
Old 09-12-2010, 06:36 PM   #802
scottmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoodLover View Post
Honestly if you have kids under about age 16 in your group, I don't think the Platinum Plan makes any sense, because the most valuable elements (Victoria & Albert's, spa treatments, expensive tours) are not for kids.

The Premium Plan might work for people with kids, although you really have to do your research, because a lot of the activities and tours have age restrictions.

I think these plans are primarily worthwhile for adults and families with older teens.

I have a page on my site devoted to doing the 1-day Premium and Platinum Plans, which covers pretty much everything that has been discussed on this thread, as well as a list of everything that is included in the plans, and quite a few sample itineraries, but it doesn't have the kind of grid/chart you're asking for.

Mary
MouseSavers.com
Now why didn't I think of you, Mary? I have only religiously followed you for 8 years!!!! WIll check out your plan shortly but I am quickly agreeing with you. DD will be 12 and there is not much she can do on the Premium plan at all. - epcot tour...nothing at AK at all and MK Steam Train tour! Not much in way of tours but saying that then I would only do 1 night on this plan instead of 2. Perhaps the recreational activities would beef it up a little? Will check it out..thanks!

Old 09-12-2010, 07:10 PM   #803
scottmel

Is this PREMIUM Plan?

1 night moderate hotel
3 meals sit down that could be spread over 2 days - could even do cinderella's breakfast as one meal. (ie. not 2 TS credits)
We are only eligible for 2 tours due to DD12 age - so can do 2 tours
See Cirq
Fireworks seating for Wishes...
Activities? Waterboat rental FREE? Any other activities -besides golf - that could be for DD12 and DH and I that are INCLUDED...I can't seem to verify that parasailing is included and AGES for these activities.

Did I sum it up ok? Feel free to add anything for DD12 - I could just get SEEDS Tour and Steam Train tour at MK for her age....(other MK tour seemed little too young for her...)

Old 09-12-2010, 09:01 PM   #804
kungaloosh22
Mouseketeer

Mary, your MouseSavers article is superb! I assume you mean the one found here: http://www.mousesavers.com/onenightplatinum.html.

I just happened to stumble on that today, and came in here to recommend it, only to find you had just mentioned it yourself.

It's a fantastic overview. Can/should we add this to the first page of this thread? I'd hate for this wonderful resource to get lost in a very long thread.
kungaloosh22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:55 PM   #805
HaleyB
I am a good sister. Mostly.
I am cunfuzzled now
Wait!! You're a guy???!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoodLover View Post

Mary
MouseSavers.com
Granted my kids are totally foodies, but I actually find Platinum better than Premium with kids under 16 because two of the main tours for that age are only included with Platinum (Dolphins in Depth and The Aqua Tour). Now this could be a function of my families obsession with all things that live in water as well, but with Dolphins in Depth being so expensive on its own I really think Platinum makes sense if you are considering doing that tour. We are going to do one night of each maybe not on the same trip, though. That might kill me.

The price increase from Premium to Platinum for a family of four is what? I guess it depends on where you stay, but WL or AKL are about $150 more than a Value (my math could be off, I did not even price out values) plus what $60 a person? So $400 ish? The cruise, a massage just for the adults and V&A just for the adults more than equals that. Although I have been know to do Mickey math Still I don't think it is fair to dismiss Platinum just because you have kids.

Just my 2¢, and that said, we are ditching the kids to do this plan in Feb. heh.

The sample plans on Mousesavers are a great way to start planing, but don't forget to leave time for lunch! I almost booked back to back tours before I realized we would be eating breakfast on the run to make the first tour so skipping lunch was not a good idea. I'm wishing we had a thread just for post-trip reports for things like that.

Also, if you are still reading Mary your page suggest spa treatments are only available at Saratoga Springs or the GF. Any of Disney's Spa's can be booked, I just doubled checked with my IPO guy to be sure. It helps if you decide to stay somewhere less central and they have a spa. I love mousesavers and send people there all the time. I am really glad you added a page on this plan.

Lost and Found with the Sillies, a Trip Report of sorts
Not so Much a Savings... a 2005 Trip Report.

Phbbbt! by steven_and_haley_bach, Hedgehog Blog!http://princesspricklepants.wordpress.com/

Recent Trips: Aug 2010 AKL/BWV; Sept 2010 Hawaii; December 2010 Disneyland; Jan 2011 Mexico Cruise with the girls; Feb 2011 GF Maelstrom Meet; Feb 2011 Anniversary trip AKL CL with 1 night Platinum Plan. May/June 2011 Family trip; GF CL Sept 2012; Bonnet Creek May 2012; YC CL Sept 2013;

[center]Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
The Silly Trip Report/Epic (2006 Trip Report) NEW again on 8/31/07 part 21!! Dude!!
[URL=http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1157739]

Last edited by HaleyB; 09-12-2010 at 10:25 PM.
HaleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:04 PM   #806
bcvmargs
Mouseketeer

thanks op
bcvmargs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:19 PM   #807
HaleyB
I am a good sister. Mostly.
I am cunfuzzled now
Wait!! You're a guy???!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmel View Post
Is this PREMIUM Plan?

1 night moderate hotel
3 meals sit down that could be spread over 2 days - could even do cinderella's breakfast as one meal. (ie. not 2 TS credits)
We are only eligible for 2 tours due to DD12 age - so can do 2 tours
See Cirq
Fireworks seating for Wishes...
Activities? Waterboat rental FREE? Any other activities -besides golf - that could be for DD12 and DH and I that are INCLUDED...I can't seem to verify that parasailing is included and AGES for these activities.

Did I sum it up ok? Feel free to add anything for DD12 - I could just get SEEDS Tour and Steam Train tour at MK for her age....(other MK tour seemed little too young for her...)
Parasailing is included and the min age is pretty young for the tandem ride (young enough I didn't take note). There are other things available through Sammy Duvals, call them they are great at suggesting things!

Horse rides. Carriage rides. Fishing excursions. Archery. The photo session.. all come to mind for families with kids.

Here is a link to the 2010 .pdf- it lists most things.
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/med...010Premium.pdf

Lost and Found with the Sillies, a Trip Report of sorts

Phbbbt! by steven_and_haley_bach, Hedgehog Blog!http://princesspricklepants.wordpress.com/

Recent Trips: Aug 2010 AKL/BWV; Sept 2010 Hawaii; December 2010 Disneyland; Jan 2011 Mexico Cruise with the girls; Feb 2011 GF Maelstrom Meet; Feb 2011 Anniversary trip AKL CL with 1 night Platinum Plan. May/June 2011 Family trip; GF CL Sept 2012; Bonnet Creek May 2012; YC CL Sept 2013;

[center]Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
The Silly Trip Report/Epic (2006 Trip Report) NEW again on 8/31/07 part 21!! Dude!!
[URL=http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1157739]
HaleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:31 PM   #808
FoodLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaleyB View Post
Granted my kids are totally foodies, but I actually find Platinum better than Premium with kids under 16 because two of the main tours for that age are only included with Platinum (Dolphins in Depth and The Aqua Tour). Now this could be a function of my families obsession with all things that live in water as well, but with Dolphins in Depth being so expensive on its own I really think Platinum makes sense if you are considering doing that tour.

Just my 2¢
Yep, you're right, if your kids are at least 8, they can do Aqua Seas; if they are at least 10 and SCUBA certified, they can do Divequest; and if they're at least 13, they can do Dolphins in Depth. Those are all very worthwhile options.

In fact, there are more tours open to kids under 16 than I thought. In addition to the other two tours mentioned previously (Steam Trains and Behind the Seeds), the Family Magic Tour is intended for families with kids 4-10 years old, and Wild by Design is open to 14 and up. Mickey's Magical Milestones Tour will be included in the 2011 Premium and Platinum Plans, and it's open to kids 10 and up.

If you have kids who enjoy a wide variety of foods, the Signature restaurants would be great for them. However, Victoria & Albert's is only open to kids ages 10 and up, and I think it would be the rare 10-year-old who would find it appealing. It's probably more appropriate for the 16-and-up crowd, with some individual exceptions. So that would be a good "adults only" night and younger kids could go to the kids' club, which is included at no extra charge.

Cirque du Soleil is obviously great for all ages.

Kids 6 and up can parasail (I would imagine in most cases this would be done in tandem with a parent). You have to be 16 drive a jet ski, but maybe kids younger than that can be passengers? Not sure. Sammy Duvall's web site also doesn't specify an age minimum for water skiing and tubing.

Boat rentals for the family would be fine -- obviously younger kids can't drive, but could be passengers.

The fireworks viewing (or fireworks cruise for Platinum) is a good thing for all ages.

And of course the family photos you could get from the photo session would be great.

So yes, now that I think about it, you can probably put together a nice package with kids, though I would say the older the better.

Mary
Old 09-12-2010, 10:34 PM   #809
FoodLover

Quote:
Mary your page suggest spa treatments are only available at Saratoga Springs or the GF. Any of Disney's Spa's can be booked, I just doubled checked with my IPO guy to be sure. It helps if you decide to stay somewhere less central and they have a spa.
No, I mention some of the other spas in various sample itineraries. However, I usually listed the two main spas when those were convenient to other activities, because the facilities are much nicer and more extensive.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:43 PM   #810
FoodLover

Quote:
Horse rides. Carriage rides. Fishing excursions. Archery.
Horseback riding is open to 9 and up, and that's a higher-value activity ($42 per person) so worth doing on the plans.

Fishing excursions are normally very expensive ($250+ per boat) so that's another high-value option. It doesn't appear there's an age limit, so if your kids enjoy fishing, that's a great idea.

Archery is open to 6 and up, and normally costs $25 per person.

Carriage rides are fun and open to all ages. They are relatively inexpensive at $35 per carriage, so if you're trying to get the most "bang for your buck," some of the other activities like parasailing are a lot higher cost. But if your family enjoys the carriage ride, that's all that's important.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: