Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2010, 11:01 AM   #31
equinoxman
Mouseketeer

A tip of the hat to the OP for this idea. I had the deluxe dining for 8 nights in December, I usually pay oop for cirque and Spirit of Aloha and Hoop De Do review and fish 1 or 2 times on our stay. chanbed my plans to first day premium plan and rest of stay using deluxe dining cost was $513.00 more
2 people 2 dinner shows=$240.00
2 people cirque= $170.00
2 trips fishing= $500.00
total $910.00
definetly works for me
By the way we drive and get into Orlando area 2 days before my ressies start so we get to the Poly bright and early and start the fun.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:18 AM   #32
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by equinoxman View Post
A tip of the hat to the OP for this idea. I had the deluxe dining for 8 nights in December, I usually pay oop for cirque and Spirit of Aloha and Hoop De Do review and fish 1 or 2 times on our stay. chanbed my plans to first day premium plan and rest of stay using deluxe dining cost was $513.00 more
2 people 2 dinner shows=$240.00
2 people cirque= $170.00
2 trips fishing= $500.00
total $910.00
definetly works for me
By the way we drive and get into Orlando area 2 days before my ressies start so we get to the Poly bright and early and start the fun.
I just did a sample quote for 2 adults, one night at Bay lake towers, overlooking MK. 1 day base tickets and platinum MYW, about $1100

Not bad for an anniversary weekend trip!
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2010, 03:07 PM   #33
beautifultomorrow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post
I just did a sample quote for 2 adults, one night at Bay lake towers, overlooking MK. 1 day base tickets and platinum MYW, about $1100

Not bad for an anniversary weekend trip!
Yeah, I priced out one night at GF in the middle of our honeymoon (Dec.) and I think it was $950 something. Sticker shock set in at first, but once you consider what you're getting its not a bad deal at all! We are hoping to get a PIN or AP rate to save about 40% off our room at GF, so we'll miss out on that discount for that one night, making the extra out of pocket expense for two for the Platinum plan around $600. BUT here is my dream itinerary for those 2 days, with estimated cost if you were to pay OOP. (I dont know if this is at all doable but this is my rough idea!)

DAY 1
Epcot Segway tour ($99x2)
lunch at Epcot using leftover DDP credits from 1st reservation ($0)
Aqua Seas tour ($140x2)
Dinner late seating at Victoria & Albert's ($125x2)

Day 2
Morning tour or water sports ($ ???)
Lunch at Cinderella's Royal Table ($51x2)
Swedish massage at GF spa ($145x2) PP includes gratuity at the spa
Photopass portrait session at GF ($ ???)
Dinner at Victoria & Alberts ($125x2)
OR Dinner at Narcoossees (~ $60x2) + Wishes fireworks cruise ($300?)

+ photopass cd ($100 ?)

I wish there was a way to eat at V&A twice AND do a fireworks cruise but I don't think the schedule will allow it.

If we don't do 1 night platinum we'd most likely pay out of pocket for 1 meal at V&A, spa treatments, portrait session and photopass Cd. I think that stuff alone covers the $600 expense, all the extra stuff would be like a fantastic bonus. I also didn't know which prices included tax so I didn't factor that in at all.

I really hope we'd be able to keep our same room at GF, but I suppose that's the downside I'll have to live with!

Last edited by beautifultomorrow; 02-25-2010 at 03:22 PM.
beautifultomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 11:41 AM   #34
beansmom
Your dream eludes you? Don't you know that a dream is a wish your heart makes??

ok type reallll slow an splain this to me, please:

i can book a one night Premium package (any hotel restrictions? i assume not) and go to that hotel EARLY one morning, check in and start my tours, meals, etc? and then continue to frolic until midnight the following day on the same perks?

it sounds too good to be true...
Old 02-26-2010, 12:20 PM   #35
Symans3honeybees
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansmom View Post
ok type reallll slow an splain this to me, please:

i can book a one night Premium package (any hotel restrictions? i assume not) and go to that hotel EARLY one morning, check in and start my tours, meals, etc? and then continue to frolic until midnight the following day on the same perks?

it sounds too good to be true...
But it is true.. I have everything arranged as such.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:32 PM   #36
ihave4kids
Mouseketeer

It is true.This is exactly what we did last year.We checked in early one day and for the next 2 days,we went all out.We did Cirque,Hoop,Spirit of Aloha,boys played golf twice,rented jet skis and went parasailing.went on a fishing tour,rented a Sea Raycer and went horseback riding.It was great!!!
ihave4kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:04 PM   #37
KBazzel
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the idea!!!!

I've always wanted to go see the Cirque show but was hesitant to spend that kind of money. I started talking about this idea with DH and his comment was that I spent so much time making sure that our girls enjoyed every second of our Disney vacations that I should get to do something that I've always wanted to do. So I started pricing things out and I think we're going to do the Platinum package for 1 night in Dec at the end of our stay.

First package 7 day, 6 night at CSR with dining. I'll get 8 day park hoppers and save the 1 day tickets from our platinum package for another trip.

Day 1
Check out at 7 or 8 on Friday morning and check into WL. We'll have our car so can leave all of our luggage in the car and hit the ground running.

Behind the seeds
CRT Lunch
Epcot Seas (DH and DD9) (DD6 and I will probably go rent a watercraft)
Dinner leftover CS from first package
Cirque

Day 2

Portrait session at WL early morning
Lunch TBD @ Signature
Horseback riding
HDD
Carriage Ride
Fireworks Cruise

Along with the photopass CD I think it will be well worth it. We'll end up with a room only reservation for the night of Day 2 so that we hopefully don't have to move out of our room.

Thanks to the OP for this idea! While I wish we could take advantage of more tours, my girls just aren't old enough yet. But I still think we're getting our money's worth. And if this works well this time we'll probably try it again when they get older. I really want to do the Segway & V&A.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:54 PM   #38
beautifultomorrow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBazzel View Post
I've always wanted to go see the Cirque show but was hesitant to spend that kind of money. I started talking about this idea with DH and his comment was that I spent so much time making sure that our girls enjoyed every second of our Disney vacations that I should get to do something that I've always wanted to do. So I started pricing things out and I think we're going to do the Platinum package for 1 night in Dec at the end of our stay.

First package 7 day, 6 night at CSR with dining. I'll get 8 day park hoppers and save the 1 day tickets from our platinum package for another trip.

Day 1
Check out at 7 or 8 on Friday morning and check into WL. We'll have our car so can leave all of our luggage in the car and hit the ground running.

Behind the seeds
CRT Lunch
Epcot Seas (DH and DD9) (DD6 and I will probably go rent a watercraft)
Dinner leftover CS from first package
Cirque

Day 2

Portrait session at WL early morning
Lunch TBD @ Signature
Horseback riding
HDD
Carriage Ride
Fireworks Cruise

Along with the photopass CD I think it will be well worth it. We'll end up with a room only reservation for the night of Day 2 so that we hopefully don't have to move out of our room.

Thanks to the OP for this idea! While I wish we could take advantage of more tours, my girls just aren't old enough yet. But I still think we're getting our money's worth. And if this works well this time we'll probably try it again when they get older. I really want to do the Segway & V&A.

I think your itinerary sounds awesome! One thing to be aware of if you aren't already, when I did the Aqua Seas tour with my sister in Nov. '09 it was only offered like 2 days a week, we did it on Wednesday so maybe Friday was the other day?

Have you found many signature restaurants that are open for lunch? Off the top of my head I couldn't think of any besides Cinderella's Royal Table and Hollywood Brown Derby and I suppose I'd count the DTD restaurants that aren't normally on the DDP. If you know of others I'd love to know which ones!
beautifultomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 06:48 AM   #39
KBazzel
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the heads up! I was having trouble finding the days for the Aqua Seas tour but wdwinfo.com lists it as a dialy tour at 12:30. I will double check though cause we know that info on the net can be wrong. :-)

As for lunch...I'm having a tough time which is why it's still open. CRT, Brown Derby and room service seem to be the only signature options for lunch (and lunch isn't available RS at WL). I might just end up doing WCC or somewhere in Epcot. I hate to not eat signature though when we have the opportunity. We have some time that day so maybe we'll pop over to Brown Derby. Never been there before. I might just bite the bullet and try to schedule a signature dinner before cirque but then we'll have to pay OOP for lunch the next day. Might be worth it though. Decisions, decisions. :-)
Old 02-27-2010, 07:54 AM   #40
beansmom
Your dream eludes you? Don't you know that a dream is a wish your heart makes??

i signed up, too...for a day at the beginning of our trip so we can hit Cirque. We needed to buy tickets for the trip anyway so that worked into the plan.

Now to make my agenda and wait by the phone to make my calls! Wooohooo!!
Old 02-27-2010, 08:49 AM   #41
Symans3honeybees
DIS Veteran

KBazzel,
Don't forget to ADR your massage sessions if you're getting the Platinum!! We will be having a lunch at DTD's Fulton's Crab House. Their lunch menu doesn't look too bad.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:14 AM   #42
KBazzel
Mouseketeer

I'm trying desperately to figure out how to get a massage in there...child care is really a problem sometimes. :-) Thinking I might be able to do it Fri if DH entertains the kids though. We'll see.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:36 AM   #43
Symans3honeybees
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBazzel View Post
I'm trying desperately to figure out how to get a massage in there...child care is really a problem sometimes. :-) Thinking I might be able to do it Fri if DH entertains the kids though. We'll see.
The platinum is so much more:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/vac...2010/platinum/
Unlimited children Activity Center(free kid sitter), anyone??
Old 02-27-2010, 12:33 PM   #44
JLO
Mouseketeer

Oh, I am so excited about the thought of this!!! I'm just wondering, though, if someone could please help me with plans? I would do it at the beginnning of our stay (at a different hotel -we're staying at Poly but would do it at WL).

There are 4 of us: me, DH, DS13, DD8. I would definitely want to do the following things: Hoop De Doo, Polynesian Luau, horse drawn wagon ride, boat rental (boston Whaler) and a separate rental for the personal water craft. Optional are (in order): horsedrawn wagon ride, bicycle rental, parasailing, dinner at 1900 Park Fare. I do not mind putting my daughter in childcare one day in order to do one of the tours, either.

I know this is an awful lot to ask, but is anyone willing to help me plan? We would check in on Friday, April 30th and check out on the 1st of May for our 7-day room only stay at the Poly. Thank you SO much!

Also, I heard in the past that if you check in to one hotel while still on the last plan, it kind of voids the rest of your package stuff. Is this true? In other words, could we do a lot of our things around the WL and then, do a bunch of stuff at the Poly the next day and still be able to check in at the Poly, say about 2:00 and have all the package components still work?
Old 02-27-2010, 12:40 PM   #45
KBazzel
Mouseketeer

Yep, but none of the child care centers I've seen are open during the day - only from 4:30 to midnight (and everything we're doing at night we want to take the kids on). I even thought about having a babysitter in room but because we're moving resorts I won't be guaranteed to actually have a room when I need it the first morning. I contemplated it for the segway tour with just my DH though...might try and fit that in too if I can swing it. So many options!! Not enough time in the 2 days. :-)

But I love this thread because I've already revised my schedule based on a couple of suggestions here. Love the help in making sure I get the most out of this adventure! Thanks. :-)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: