Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2010, 11:14 AM   #301
beautifultomorrow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clkelley View Post
Absolutely no charge!!!! Plus, they'll even make your dining and tour reservations for you!!
That does sound really tempting! If I needed to make cancellations/changes on dining or tours, would they take care of that too, or would they start to be annoyed?
beautifultomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:18 AM   #302
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!
I got one on my camper too

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifultomorrow View Post
That does sound really tempting! If I needed to make cancellations/changes on dining or tours, would they take care of that too, or would they start to be annoyed?
Rhonda has never been annoyed with me!! She gives great service!!

rhonda@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com
clkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2010, 12:00 PM   #303
Mary2e
DIS Veteran

Quote:
For anyone who has booked one night Premium/Platinum at a hotel, have you said anything to them when making your reservations about trying to stay in the same room? Just wonder if I need to have that noted on each of the reservations, or if you just tell them when you check in, etc. Thanks!
If you're on the Platinum Plan, Disney has "platinum planner" department that will take care of all of this stuff for you.

After I made contact, they will plan as much or as little as you want, as well as offer suggestions. All I did was hand them a list of dates and times for all activities and meals and they took care of it and sent a printed itinerary.

They also handled special room requests.
Mary2e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:20 PM   #304
cindycastle30
Mouseketeer

I was so excited to find this thread again. I convinced my husband to do this for our 5 year anniversary next July. We are looking to do one night at GF. I want to fit in golf, golf lesson?, V&A, fireworks cruise, spa treatment, and Cirque. Does anyone think this is possible? We would stay at an offsite hotel the night before and drive over early in the am to check in for our package. How long does it take to golf 18 holes? I don't know how to golf it is more my husbands thing, so I told him he has to teach me in the upcoming year. Looking forward to reading about everyones adventures on the one night premium/platinum adventure.
cindycastle30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 05:03 PM   #305
beautifultomorrow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindycastle30 View Post
I was so excited to find this thread again. I convinced my husband to do this for our 5 year anniversary next July. We are looking to do one night at GF. I want to fit in golf, golf lesson?, V&A, fireworks cruise, spa treatment, and Cirque. Does anyone think this is possible? We would stay at an offsite hotel the night before and drive over early in the am to check in for our package. How long does it take to golf 18 holes? I don't know how to golf it is more my husbands thing, so I told him he has to teach me in the upcoming year. Looking forward to reading about everyones adventures on the one night premium/platinum adventure.
I have no experience with golf so I can't really help you there but if you break your wish list down into "daytime activities" and "evening activities" it seems like it should work because the only other daytime activity you mention as a must-do is the spa treatment.

The part that I see that could be tricky, but certainly still very doable, are the evening activities, V&A, fireworks cruise and Cirque du Soleil. You have three of those and two nights. Victoria and Albert's has early and late seatings I believe and I know La Nouba has two shows nightly (but only Tues-Sat). I would just try to figure out how to work those three things together in the best way that gives you ample time to enjoy them without rushing and PLENTY of time for transportation, especially if you are relying at all on Disney transport.

I don't know the exact times of these things so this might not work at all, but just for fun here is a sample itinerary:

DAY 1
Check-in at Grand Floridian
AM: Open for tour or activity
lunch (or breakfast): Cinderella's Royal Table at MK, or other table service near your morning activity, or if you prefer to take it easy at GF go to Grand Floridian Cafe
afternoon: Spa treatments
if time allows: Portrait session at GF before dinner
5 pm-ish early seating at Victoria & Albert's
9pm-ish Wishes fireworks cruise, depart from GF

DAY 2
check out at GF
AM: golf lesson
lunch ??? OOP
late AM-afternoon: golf
6-7pm ADR for Dinner at Fulton's, DTD (or signature TS of your choosing)
9 pm Late run of La Nouba

Last edited by beautifultomorrow; 04-22-2010 at 05:17 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:56 PM   #306
tink713
Disneyholic Since 2007

Quote:
That looks like a great itinerary! Is there anyway you can fit a spa treatment in there anywhere? That is a great perk of the platinum plan. Maybe if you are doing the later seating at Victoria & Albert's? Although if the spa closes at 4 or 5 that still wouldn't work...

Also, are you sure Aqua Seas is offered on Sundays? When we did it last November it was only offered a couple of days a week, but I don't remember which ones.
Yeah we were hoping to possibly fit that in however since we are staying all the way at AKL we would have to travel back to the hotel to get ready for dinner after the spa. Oh how I wish I could book the platinum plan for multiple nights!

Allears and wdwinfo list the Aqua Seas tour as being offered everyday at 12:30 so hopefully this is accurate.

These two days are going to be very tiring but very fun!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2447783April 2010 Dining Reviews
tink713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:32 AM   #307
sammysmom
Mouseketeer

So it is possible to add the premium package for just one night? We would most likely have the deluxe dining plan for the week and I would be interested in possibly adding this feature for one night if it made sense. My DH is going on the Backstage Magic tour already so I started to think it might not be a bad idea. He loves tours and might be able to go on another one too. The idea of eating at Fulton's too interests me. Anyone know what the cost would be? My girls would enjoy the horseback riding too.
1996-Offsite, 1998-All Star Music, 2003-All Star Movies, 2005-All Star Movies, 2006-All Star Movies, 2007-Pop Century, 2008-Pop Century, 2009-Pop Century,2010-Beach Club Resort, 2011- Beach Club Resort, 2012- Yacht Club,2013-Beach Club,2014-Beach Club

sammysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:00 AM   #308
Mary2e
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink713 View Post
Yeah we were hoping to possibly fit that in however since we are staying all the way at AKL we would have to travel back to the hotel to get ready for dinner after the spa. Oh how I wish I could book the platinum plan for multiple nights!
When doing any of these plans, we always stay in a MK hotel to make getting around easier. I suggest deciding what you want to do and then staying at the closest hotel to those activities. It's worth it.

Quote:
Allears and wdwinfo list the Aqua Seas tour as being offered everyday at 12:30 so hopefully this is accurate.
When I did this last year, it was no longer offered on Sunday. I have not checked since. However, I beleive the allears info has not changed. I was told they changed it last spring to exclude Sundays. I don't know about this year.

Quote:
These two days are going to be very tiring but very fun!
Old 04-23-2010, 02:48 PM   #309
Mary2e
DIS Veteran

I had to call CRO for something and decided to find out the dates for the tours.

They still are shortened.

Seas Aqua Tour is now Tues-Sat only
Dolphins in Depth is also Tues-Sat only

I didn't ask about any others, but I seem to recall that there weren't too many offerings available on a Sunday any longer. We just did spa treatments and relaxed - but we had 8 days, not 2.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:15 PM   #310
2ofUs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansmom View Post
suggestions on our plan for our 1-nite/2 day Premium Plan?

Day 1:

9:30am Kona breakfast

12:00 Behind the Seeds @ Noon

2:00pm Brown Derby

down time--either mini-golf or a nap (I'm voting for the nap!)

8:30pm California Grill

Day 2:

Steam Train tour for 2 of us/Segway in Epcot for my crazy DH

11:30am Grand Floridian Cafe

more down time--possibly some water activity

4:00pm Fulton's for a late 'lunch'

6:00pm La Nouba

9:00pm Yachtsman Steakhouse for late dinner

Thoughts? Suggestions??

Why don't you have DH do the 8:30 Segway at Fort Wilderness? You have to be at MK for the trains by 7:15 anyway so he could go with you to the front gate, then take a boat over to FW and be there in plenty of time for the 8:30 tour - last 2 hours so you would be out about the same time. He can then boat back & met you or boat over to GF to meet for lunch?

HAPPY TRAVELERS...can't afford it...gotta do it! Now, if only we could fly for free like
2013 5/13-18 YC/POFQ; 2013 Jan 28/31 Disneyland Hotel; 2012 Nov 6/14 AKL/POP; 2012 Mar 14/23 POP/DREAM; 2011 Oct 7 nites on WONDER; Feb 4 nites on DREAM; 2010 Sep 8/16 POP/Bonnet Ck/BLT; 2009 Sep 21/30 & Jan 20/28 POP/SSR & OKW/Bonnet Ck; 2006 Sep 23/30 Poly/OKW; 2005 Jan WLV/Bonnet Ck; 2003 Feb AKL; 2001 Sep off-site; 2000 March AS Music
2ofUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:18 PM   #311
2ofUs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysmom View Post
So it is possible to add the premium package for just one night? We would most likely have the deluxe dining plan for the week and I would be interested in possibly adding this feature for one night if it made sense. My DH is going on the Backstage Magic tour already so I started to think it might not be a bad idea. He loves tours and might be able to go on another one too. The idea of eating at Fulton's too interests me. Anyone know what the cost would be? My girls would enjoy the horseback riding too.
The 8 hour Backstage Magic is only included in the PLATINUM package - not the Premium. But there are several nice tours available on Premium. You will have to 'check-out- and 'check-back-in' to book the package. And, at least I'm pretty sure, you have to buy at least a 1-day park pass.

HAPPY TRAVELERS...can't afford it...gotta do it! Now, if only we could fly for free like
2013 5/13-18 YC/POFQ; 2013 Jan 28/31 Disneyland Hotel; 2012 Nov 6/14 AKL/POP; 2012 Mar 14/23 POP/DREAM; 2011 Oct 7 nites on WONDER; Feb 4 nites on DREAM; 2010 Sep 8/16 POP/Bonnet Ck/BLT; 2009 Sep 21/30 & Jan 20/28 POP/SSR & OKW/Bonnet Ck; 2006 Sep 23/30 Poly/OKW; 2005 Jan WLV/Bonnet Ck; 2003 Feb AKL; 2001 Sep off-site; 2000 March AS Music
Old 04-23-2010, 04:26 PM   #312
2ofUs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindycastle30 View Post
You need to allow 4-4 1/2 hours minimum and includes a cart, clubs and even shoes as necessary. Lessons run 45 min, but you have to be there 15 min early and are given at the club house for Magnolia/Palm/Oak - one place, and I believe they offer at Osprey (over by Ft. Wilderness) and Lake Buena Vista (down by OKW).

It gets VERY hot mid day so I'd start golf as early as possible, but you can only book 90 days out and need to call directly. Perhaps you could get a spa treatment while he golfs?

You could POSSIBLY do La Nouba @ 6 and still make the Illuminations cruise at Epcot. I believe you need to be there by 8:15 or so, but the show is 90 min and it should take 30 min max to drive from DTD to Yact Club, park and get to the loading area. Then, if you are not too exhausted, you would have a late dinner at Flying Fish (yummy) right on the Boardwalk!

Old 04-23-2010, 05:13 PM   #313
beautifultomorrow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary2e View Post
I had to call CRO for something and decided to find out the dates for the tours.

They still are shortened.

Seas Aqua Tour is now Tues-Sat only
Dolphins in Depth is also Tues-Sat only

I didn't ask about any others, but I seem to recall that there weren't too many offerings available on a Sunday any longer. We just did spa treatments and relaxed - but we had 8 days, not 2.
Thank you for checking on this, I believe the day we tried to get Aqua Seas last November was Monday so this makes perfect sense!
Old 04-23-2010, 07:33 PM   #314
tink713
Disneyholic Since 2007

Since the Seas Aqua Tour isn't offered on Sundays looks like we will have to change to this...

Sunday
Boma-breakfast
Segway Tour 9-11
Richard Petty Ride Along for DH 12-1ish
Spa treatments 2-4
Photopass Photo Session at BC 5-5:30
Flying Fish at 6:30
Illuminations Cruise @ 8:45

Monday
Behind the Magic Tour 9-4
V&A's

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2447783April 2010 Dining Reviews
tink713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:55 PM   #315
2boysnme
Earning My Ears

Lurker posting my itinerary...

I have been reading this post and decided to say, "thank you." I am going in 3 weeks and here is my plan of attack.

Wed- arrive - stay off site

Thurs- Up early, check in at POP
8:30 Keys tour
after tour enjoy the rides
6:00 picture session at Y&BC
6:35 Yachtsman
maybe rent a surrey bike
9:00 LaNouba

Friday- up really early
7:00 Fishing excursion
9:00 breakfast at WCC
11:30 Segway at Wilderness tour
2:30 parasail
3:00 ski
4:00 wave runner
7:15 Hoop Dee Doo
9:30 wagon ride at fort wilderness

I think I crammed in all I can and I am super excited.
2boysnme is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: