Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2010, 08:03 AM   #286
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

Goodferry, would you consider not starting your Platinum package until Saturday? That way, you could use the benefits Sat, Sun, and Mon. Monday would give you more flexibility for tours and such. You may even be able to get a discount on your room on the Friday night.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:31 AM   #287
goodferry
DIS Veteran

Our DVC stay at AKV starts on Sunday night, we were looking to book the weekend. I am OK with what we have fit in. We have already done the KTTK tour and two at AK, the Segway one we knew we definitely wanted to do! I wouldn't mind doing the Dolphins in Depth tour, but that's OK. I wonder if they offer horseback riding or the segway tour at Fort Wilderness on Sunday... may look into that. Thanks for the suggestion, though
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2010, 04:33 PM   #288
beautifultomorrow
DIS Veteran

For anyone who has booked one night Premium/Platinum at a hotel, have you said anything to them when making your reservations about trying to stay in the same room? Just wonder if I need to have that noted on each of the reservations, or if you just tell them when you check in, etc. Thanks!
beautifultomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:20 PM   #289
tink713
Disneyholic Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodferry View Post
I don't think I ever posted our official plan, so here it is. We are at the GF for two nights on the Platinum Plan in August. We will arrive late on a Friday night.
Friday night: dinner at Narcoossees
Saturday: 8:30 Segway Tour at Epcot
11:30 Tutto Italia Lunch
6:00 Fulton's Crab House dinner
9:00 La Nouba

Sunday: 12:05 Lunch at Kona Cafe
5:45 Victoria and Albert's
9:00 Wishes Cruise

Also in there plan a massage and some watersports and the photo session, just not sure where yet! There aren't any tours on Sundays, Correct? We still have one meal credit left which we will use for a room service breakfast.
I believe that the Segway tour runs every day of the week so maybe you could switch the segway tour to Sunday and do a different tour on Saturday?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2447783April 2010 Dining Reviews
tink713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:22 PM   #290
tink713
Disneyholic Since 2007

I just booked us for one night at AKL for the Platinum Plan. So we are at AVK Kidani with DVC for 3 nights, then switching to AKL for the one night, then switching to Poly for 6 nights. Hopefully I didn't make things too difficult for ourselves. How difficult will it be to switch our luggage from Kidani to Jambo House and then to Poly? I'm trying to figure out how to fit in all the tours, etc that I want to do.

Old 04-21-2010, 09:03 PM   #291
tink713
Disneyholic Since 2007

OK I just put together a plan what do you guys think?

Sunday
Boma-breakfast
Segway Tour 9-11
Seas Aqua Tour 12:30-3
Photopass Photo Session at BC
Flying Fish at 6:30
Illuminations Cruise @ 8:45

Monday
Behind the Magic Tour 9-4
V&A's

Old 04-21-2010, 11:28 PM   #292
beautifultomorrow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink713 View Post
OK I just put together a plan what do you guys think?

Sunday
Boma-breakfast
Segway Tour 9-11
Seas Aqua Tour 12:30-3
Photopass Photo Session at BC
Flying Fish at 6:30
Illuminations Cruise @ 8:45

Monday
Behind the Magic Tour 9-4
V&A's
That looks like a great itinerary! Is there anyway you can fit a spa treatment in there anywhere? That is a great perk of the platinum plan. Maybe if you are doing the later seating at Victoria & Albert's? Although if the spa closes at 4 or 5 that still wouldn't work...

Also, are you sure Aqua Seas is offered on Sundays? When we did it last November it was only offered a couple of days a week, but I don't remember which ones.
beautifultomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:56 AM   #293
weHEARTmickey
Dreamin' of Disney.......

Question

After reading 20 pages, my brain hurts & my eyes are about to pop out of my head! I'm still a bit confused. We will probably stay 10 nights at POP in November (probably Thanksgiving week + the week before OR after that.)

SO, should I book 1 or 2 nights at POP through my AAA, then book 1 night PREMIUM at POP, then book the other 7 or 8 nights at POP through AAA again? What if free dining is available during that time? Could I get it for the 1st leg of my trip + the last leg of my trip? Can I book all 3 parts at one time?

I'm THRILLED with all the possibilities this offers...we've always wanted to see La Nouba, but never could justify the cost. Now we can! TIA!!
Oct 6, 2012-Anniversary Cruise- 7 Nights on Magic with DH ..~.. Oct 27, 2012- 7 Nights on Disney Magic w/Kids & Granny
Dec 2012-8 days of Deluxe Dining at the Poly ..~.. Dec 2012- 6 Night Christmas surprise on Disney Magic
Jan 2013-1st trip to DISNEYLAND!! Disneyland Hotel ..~.. May 2013-8 days at Yacht Club/Grand Floridian/AKL/AoA!
Sept 2013-13 days Wilderness Club Level & AKL Club Level NOJ ..~.. Oct 2013 DCL HalloWONDER Cruise
June 2014: Last Minute Combo trip: Disney Dream + Coronado Springs Resort
UPCOMING Trips: WDW 2 weeks, Disneyland 1 week, AULANI 10 days
weHEARTmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:01 AM   #294
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Don't be a Doofus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifultomorrow View Post
For anyone who has booked one night Premium/Platinum at a hotel, have you said anything to them when making your reservations about trying to stay in the same room? Just wonder if I need to have that noted on each of the reservations, or if you just tell them when you check in, etc. Thanks!
When I booked the rooms for 3 nights first night room only, 2d night premium pkg, 3d night room only I told them that I prefer not to change rooms that 3d night (I am switching resorts for the 2d night). The CM mades notes about that so hopefully it will work out okay. And, now that I am thinking about it, maybe I should just stay at the same hotel all 3 nights...
Old 04-22-2010, 08:04 AM   #295
IMGONNABE40!
Don't be a Doofus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weHEARTmickey View Post
After reading 20 pages, my brain hurts & my eyes are about to pop out of my head! I'm still a bit confused. We will probably stay 10 nights at POP in November (probably Thanksgiving week + the week before OR after that.)

SO, should I book 1 or 2 nights at POP through my AAA, then book 1 night PREMIUM at POP, then book the other 7 or 8 nights at POP through AAA again? What if free dining is available during that time? Could I get it for the 1st leg of my trip + the last leg of my trip? Can I book all 3 parts at one time?

I'm THRILLED with all the possibilities this offers...we've always wanted to see La Nouba, but never could justify the cost. Now we can! TIA!!
You can use a discount on your room rate for the days before or after, just watch for discounts that require buying a one day base. You may want to do a room only discount your first night, followed by the premium package, then if you get lucky with the FD, get that for the bulk of the days after the package.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:30 AM   #296
weHEARTmickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMGONNABE40! View Post
You can use a discount on your room rate for the days before or after, just watch for discounts that require buying a one day base. You may want to do a room only discount your first night, followed by the premium package, then if you get lucky with the FD, get that for the bulk of the days after the package.
NOoooooooooooo Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!! How can this be true???? It's so funny that we're all obviously DISboards & Disney fanatics, but when a new one like this comes along, we all get so giddy I'm thrilled & can't wait to book! Now I just need to decide on my days..... Thanks for the help IMGONNABE40! I will probably return to this thread to have all of you experts proof my itenerary.
Oct 6, 2012-Anniversary Cruise- 7 Nights on Magic with DH ..~.. Oct 27, 2012- 7 Nights on Disney Magic w/Kids & Granny
Dec 2012-8 days of Deluxe Dining at the Poly ..~.. Dec 2012- 6 Night Christmas surprise on Disney Magic
Jan 2013-1st trip to DISNEYLAND!! Disneyland Hotel ..~.. May 2013-8 days at Yacht Club/Grand Floridian/AKL/AoA!
Sept 2013-13 days Wilderness Club Level & AKL Club Level NOJ ..~.. Oct 2013 DCL HalloWONDER Cruise
Old 04-22-2010, 08:35 AM   #297
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!
I got one on my camper too

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifultomorrow View Post
I'm letting Rhonda at Dreams Unlimited handle all that for me. Then I will also send a fax directly to the resort about 5 days out mentioning it, and then I will also mention it at checkin. Shouldn't be a problem. But yes, if you are doing the reservations yourself, then you need to call the reservations center, give them all reservation numbers and ask them to be linked to be "continuing" reservations.
clkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:51 AM   #298
sammysmom
Mouseketeer

Sounds amazing!
1996-Offsite, 1998-All Star Music, 2003-All Star Movies, 2005-All Star Movies, 2006-All Star Movies, 2007-Pop Century, 2008-Pop Century, 2009-Pop Century,2010-Beach Club Resort, 2011- Beach Club Resort, 2012- Yacht Club,2013-Beach Club,2014-Beach Club

sammysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:56 AM   #299
weHEARTmickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by clkelley View Post
I'm letting Rhonda at Dreams Unlimited handle all that for me. Then I will also send a fax directly to the resort about 5 days out mentioning it, and then I will also mention it at checkin. Shouldn't be a problem. But yes, if you are doing the reservations yourself, then you need to call the reservations center, give them all reservation numbers and ask them to be linked to be "continuing" reservations.
Is there a charge for using Dreams Unlimited, or does WDW reimburse them the TA fee? (As tempting as it sounds, I get such a thrill & feeling of accomplishment from planning my own trips!)
Old 04-22-2010, 09:09 AM   #300
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!
I got one on my camper too

Quote:
Originally Posted by weHEARTmickey View Post
Is there a charge for using Dreams Unlimited, or does WDW reimburse them the TA fee? (As tempting as it sounds, I get such a thrill & feeling of accomplishment from planning my own trips!)
Absolutely no charge!!!! Plus, they'll even make your dining and tour reservations for you!!
clkelley is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: