Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2010, 01:58 PM   #16
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran

Just wondering on the cost and where the one night reservation is? I never thought of doing this.
disneyfan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:44 PM   #17
Symans3honeybees
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by singnring View Post
To OP:

LOL!!! I was just running the numbers and such for the exact same idea last night.

I tried to estimate the time it would take to get to and from separate events, the time for the events themselves, and then try to still fit in three meals.

I'm still not sure it will work out to benefit us though.

Need to put more time into the calcs and plans.
I spent 3 months planning this. It was no easy especially when we have 12 people.
Keep in mind that you do not need to do everything or eat every credit in one day. We only have a one-night "Premium Plan" but we would play and eat for 2 full days. We do not have any breakfast eater in our group, so a lunch and dinner each day is sufficient. Don't forget that you are entitled to 2 snack credits too. BTW, we won't be doing any theme park tours at all. We are "Only" doing: Cirque du Soleil($90), Parasailing($100+), Golf lesson($75+), water skiing($?), Personal water crafts(2 hrs-price unsure), portrait photo session($50+), Segway @FW($90), miniature golf($13+) and finally a lunch @Fulton crab house and dinner @Narcoosee's and Artists point.
I hope this can help will with your planning.
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2010, 03:49 PM   #18
Symans3honeybees
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan55 View Post
Just wondering on the cost and where the one night reservation is? I never thought of doing this.
it's $164.99/per night/adult and $114.99/per night/child(3-9)
Old 02-24-2010, 05:06 PM   #19
beautifultomorrow
DIS Veteran

I have been doing some research on this since I saw this thread yesterday. It appears that most (all?) room discounts are not valid if you want to purchase the premium/platinum plans?

Not really a big deal if you are staying value or campground and doing premium, but I am especially interested in platinum (Victoria & Albert's, Living Seas tours, spa treatment, fireworks cruise, etc!) and that also requires that you stay deluxe, so that's another big chunk of change. However, I am pretty sure I could still easily get my money's worth with one night. (Two people eating at V&A twice (can you do that?) and two massages is worth $750 alone)

My only other hangup is the fact that I have an AP and having three seperate reservations on one trip will probably require me to buy several park tickets I dont need, but at least I can always save them for the future!

Thanks again for bringing this topic up, its a great idea!
beautifultomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:57 PM   #20
Symans3honeybees
DIS Veteran

I have already told my DH that for our next trip, I want to go "Platinum" for one night. For $229 per adult, it's really a great deal, IMO.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:28 PM   #21
singnring
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symans3honeybees View Post
I spent 3 months planning this. It was no easy especially when we have 12 people.
Keep in mind that you do not need to do everything or eat every credit in one day. We only have a one-night "Premium Plan" but we would play and eat for 2 full days. We do not have any breakfast eater in our group, so a lunch and dinner each day is sufficient. Don't forget that you are entitled to 2 snack credits too. BTW, we won't be doing any theme park tours at all. We are "Only" doing: Cirque du Soleil($90), Parasailing($100+), Golf lesson($75+), water skiing($?), Personal water crafts(2 hrs-price unsure), portrait photo session($50+), Segway @FW($90), miniature golf($13+) and finally a lunch @Fulton crab house and dinner @Narcoosee's and Artists point.
I hope this can help will with your planning.
Thanks for the run-down of your activities.

I did consider the fact that we will have 2 days, but we also have to find time to get into our room day 1, and out of that room and into room 2 the 2d day (assuming they move us).

Our issue is that DD is only 11 and is not old enough to do things like the Segway tour, which I REALLY want to do!

We would do Cirque again, for sure. I was also looking @ things like horseback riding, archery, water sprites, mini golf (this isn't as much of a value since we get 1/2 price as passholders), maybe 1 tour.

DD being 11 is really limiting our options. Hmmm... maybe I should leave her home!
singnring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:33 PM   #22
Dizzyworld
DIS Veteran

Location: Towson, MD---930 miles too far from my happy place!

This is very interesting. Something to think about for a future trip. I'm impressed with whoever thought about this idea.
Poly - 1/85, 6/02, 8/07, 8/08, 10/09 (Food & Wine Festival & MNSSHP), 8/10 ~~~ BC - 8/00, 7/09 ~~~ YC - 8/03 ~~~ WL - 12/02 ~~~ AKL - 8/04, 12/04 ~~~ Contemporary - 8/08 ~~~ Swan - 12/05, 8/06 ~~~ POFQ - 8/07 ~~~ Off-Site - 3/89

DCL Magic - 8/01 (Eastern), 8/04 (Eastern), 8/06 (Western- Double Dip), 7/09 (Eastern - Tortola)
DCL Wonder - 6/02, 8/07, 8/08 (Double Dip)

DCL Dream - B2B - 7/11 & 8/11, 3/13, 12/13
DCL Fantasy - 6/12 (Western)
1/15 (Eastern)
Dizzyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:51 AM   #23
DisneyaholicRaquel
DIS Veteran

Hey got another question....do you receive 3 meal credits or are the credits specifically for 1 breakfast, 1 lunch & 1 dinner. Just wondering if I can use 1 credit for dinner the day I check in and 1 credit for lunch / 1 credit for dinner checkout day?
Old 02-25-2010, 07:41 AM   #24
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!
I got one on my camper too

It is basically the deluxe dining plan, so you get three dining credits and two snacks per person to be used any way you wish throughout the package.

As far as getting in and out of your room, you should be sure to reserve the same level of room. You should be able to stay in the same room.
clkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:39 AM   #25
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

I always thought you need a min. 3 night stay to make it a package... Not a bad idea.

Only problem to do it in the middle of a stay. You'll need a package before and another one after.

For the person who asked about the credits, it's 3 credits per person per room. So, if it's 2 adults for example, you'll have 6 sit-down meals per day, which you can use 1 credit (per person) on a regular sit down, and 2 credits/PP on an expensive one. Or split them into two days, the day you arrive, and the day you depart (the next day)
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:50 AM   #26
DisneyaholicRaquel
DIS Veteran

Gotcha!!! I think we will do this arrival day since we arrive @ 9:00 am.

Thanks!
Old 02-25-2010, 09:08 AM   #27
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!
I got one on my camper too

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post
I always thought you need a min. 3 night stay to make it a package... Not a bad idea.

Only problem to do it in the middle of a stay. You'll need a package before and another one after.

I honestly wouldn't recommend this for someone who needs a package for their entire stay. I feel confident doing this because 1 - I have an annual pass, and 2) the rest of my reservation is room only.

I have a 2-week stay and often have multiple reservations to get the best price for that long of a stay and have never been moved, so as I said before, I will arrive on a room-only reservation at the campground, get set up and chill for a couple of days, then the day of the package, run by the check-in desk and grab my new room key, then off to the "races" for two days to enjoy my tours and experiences. Then, after the 2-day package is over, I will check back in for a continuing, room-only reservation for the remainder of my stay. I am 100% confident that I won't have to move.

The 1-day ticket that I will have to purchase as part of the package will be put away and used at a later date when it is time to renew my annual pass.

I also visit VERY frequently (at least 5 - 6 times per year) and have over 50 trips to the World. We are empty nesters and even though we visit often, we spend very little time in the parks, so I won't feel like I'm "wasting park time" by doing this.

Having to deal with "anything" other than just picking up new room keys will cut into your time for those 2 days.
clkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:11 AM   #28
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Quote:

For the person who asked about the credits, it's 3 credits per person per room. So, if it's 2 adults for example, you'll have 6 sit-down meals per day, which you can use 1 credit (per person) on a regular sit down, and 2 credits/PP on an expensive one. Or split them into two days, the day you arrive, and the day you depart (the next day)
I'll correct myself after chatting with a CM...

They say the entitlements are 3 meals per day. It doesn't matter where, quick service, sit down, signature or even V&A. Price difference between premium and platinum seems to be about $56 per adult. So if you plan on doing V&A, it's worth it.

Price per adult for premium is $164, and platinum is $220. If you divide this in two days and take advantage of several things, it's not a bad idea...

So you'll eat like a pig!
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:11 AM   #29
Symans3honeybees
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyaholicRaquel View Post
Hey got another question....do you receive 3 meal credits or are the credits specifically for 1 breakfast, 1 lunch & 1 dinner. Just wondering if I can use 1 credit for dinner the day I check in and 1 credit for lunch / 1 credit for dinner checkout day?
Yes, you are entitled to 3 meals credit for each package night. It doesn't matter where you choose to eat. A counter service meal is one meal credit; while a "signature" restaurant dinner is also one meal credit. You are not going to be using 2 meal credits for any signature restaurants listed on the WDW Premium plan brochures.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:49 AM   #30
equinoxman
Mouseketeer

Quote:

On the Premium and Platinum plans there are no 2 credit meals all sit down, signature dining and Dinner shows are 1 credit.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: