Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2010, 07:58 PM   #256
honeymo78
Don't dream it, be it

Many people tip for spa services and the Sammy Duvall watersports. I don't think the regular tours expect a tip.
Past trips: 5/13 BWV, 1/13 Dream and OKW, 9/12 Fantasy, 5/12 BLT, 9/11 BWV, 5/11 VGC, 12/10 BWV, 9/10 Wonder and BLT, 5/10 BWV, 12/09 OKW, 10/09 AKV Conc, 5/09 DL GCH, 12/08 SSR, 10/08 CR MKV, 10/07 CR MKV, 3/07 Pop, 2/06 CR MKV, 10/05 WL, 5/04 WL, 8/03 POR/WL, 8/01 POR Many more since the 80s

honeymo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:27 PM   #257
beautifultomorrow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeymo78 View Post
Many people tip for spa services and the Sammy Duvall watersports. I don't think the regular tours expect a tip.
I *think* I read on the platinum brochure that gratutity is included for the spa services.

What is an appropriate tip for watersports? Who do you give it to?

Thanks!
beautifultomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2010, 01:25 AM   #258
gibbersome
Mouseketeer

So it's the cost of the room + 1-day MYW ticket + $220 for the Platinum plan?

Since we're not looking at eating at V&A's or doing the fireworks cruise, the Premium package sounds like a great option!

Could you stay for a night at a DVC and forgo buying the ticket for the premium plan?

Doing a quick calculation, we're looking at $550+ to do the premium package for one night (counting the MYW package), and $1000+ for the platinum for one night.

Last edited by gibbersome; 04-19-2010 at 04:24 AM.
gibbersome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:21 AM   #259
goodferry
DIS Veteran

*You can not add the premium or platinum plan onto a DVC stay, you can stay in a DVC property with a cash reservation, but you still need to add on at least a one day ticket.

*Gratuities are included with spa services (at least according to the brochure)

*I think we may be getting confused about the water sports stuff by the information on mousesavers

"Walt Disney World Marina Discounts - Adds 30 minutes of watercraft fun when you rent a watercraft for 60 minutes. Valid for Sea Raycers by Sea Ray, Boston Whaler 170 Montauk and Pontoon boat rentals at participating Walt Disney World marina locations. (One voucher per room. Applicable for up to 5 guests. Not valid all dates and restrictions apply.)
Sammy Duvall's Water Sports Discount - 10% off the regular price of all activities including parasailing, water skiing, wakeboarding and tubing trips at Sammy Duvall's Water Sports Center located at Disney's Contemporary Resort."

I believe this is what's included with a regular package, however with the premium and platinum packages, all watercraft stuff is included
Old 04-19-2010, 06:31 AM   #260
Leigha
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMGONNABE40! View Post
Thanks! I am wondering if I am crazy to do this by myself as an add on to our August trip. I know no one else in my group will want to keep this type of schedule. I like the idea of it, but wonder if I will get a bit lonely doing all of these things on my own.
The few people who I've told about this think we would be crazy to do it too because they know I'd want to do the most I could for my money. I look at it as a great opportunity, not racing from one place to another and being extremely tired! I think to do it, everyone in your room has to do it or at least pay for it. For the tours, you would have so many people around you while in the small group setting that I think you'd be fine and happier that you did it rather than chickened out and missed out. It is all I can do to postpone it for two years when it will just be better for us as a family. The plan I laid out as soon as I read this thread just keeps replaying in my mind!
Leigha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:33 AM   #261
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

Thanks for that clarification, Goodferry.

Gibbersome, I called the other day to see if I had to buy the one day base since I have an AP. The answer is yes, you do have to buy the one day base, and you can't use any type of discount to book your room. Given my proposed schedule, I am planning on staying in a value with my one night premium plan. The hassle will be getting from the values to where my activities are, but I figure he bus rides will give me some much needed downtime.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:24 AM   #262
2ofUs
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Gibbersome, I called the other day to see if I had to buy the one day base since I have an AP. The answer is yes, you do have to buy the one day base, and you can't use any type of discount to book your room. Given my proposed schedule, I am planning on staying in a value with my one night premium plan. The hassle will be getting from the values to where my activities are, but I figure he bus rides will give me some much needed downtime.
Check with your resort. I know for a certainty that they provide taxi vouchers to get to/from golf courses. They may also provide them for other activities that my be difficult to get to in a timely manner on WDW transportation.

HAPPY TRAVELERS...can't afford it...gotta do it! Now, if only we could fly for free like
2013 5/13-18 YC/POFQ; 2013 Jan 28/31 Disneyland Hotel; 2012 Nov 6/14 AKL/POP; 2012 Mar 14/23 POP/DREAM; 2011 Oct 7 nites on WONDER; Feb 4 nites on DREAM; 2010 Sep 8/16 POP/Bonnet Ck/BLT; 2009 Sep 21/30 & Jan 20/28 POP/SSR & OKW/Bonnet Ck; 2006 Sep 23/30 Poly/OKW; 2005 Jan WLV/Bonnet Ck; 2003 Feb AKL; 2001 Sep off-site; 2000 March AS Music
2ofUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:06 AM   #263
beautifultomorrow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Gibbersome, I called the other day to see if I had to buy the one day base since I have an AP. The answer is yes, you do have to buy the one day base, and you can't use any type of discount to book your room. \.
I think that if you book thru an aaa agent you can get a small discount on the room portion.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:11 AM   #264
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigha View Post
The few people who I've told about this think we would be crazy to do it too because they know I'd want to do the most I could for my money. I look at it as a great opportunity, not racing from one place to another and being extremely tired! I think to do it, everyone in your room has to do it or at least pay for it. For the tours, you would have so many people around you while in the small group setting that I think you'd be fine and happier that you did it rather than chickened out and missed out. It is all I can do to postpone it for two years when it will just be better for us as a family. The plan I laid out as soon as I read this thread just keeps replaying in my mind!

Thanks for that. I am hesitant to postpone this since I think it may disappear as a one night option at some point. My family checks out and heads home on 8/24, but I was planning on staying in Orlando until the 27th at Universal. My sister will be at Universal. I have done solo trips before and I do get a bit lonely towards the end. Though, at the pace I have in mind, I am not sure I will have time to be lonely!!
Old 04-19-2010, 11:41 AM   #265
4forthemouse
Mouseketeer

Love this!

I have been thinking about and planning a one night premium plan since I discovered this thread.
Here is what I have come up with. Anyone here who sees any problems, or thinks there are better alternative suggestions - please speak up - I'd love to hear it!
Keep in mind I will be traveling in mid Dec with a then age 10 DD, 8 DS, 5 DD, and my DH.

Staying at POR

Sat - Day 1:
8:15 Breakfast at the Castle

10-12 Family Magic Tour (anyone done this - love it? hate it?)

Grab a hotdog for lunch

1:40 Photosession at Wilderness Lodge (I'm assuming this place is beautiful at Christmas, we've never been to WDW at Christmas time. Think a different hotel would be better for pics please tell me!)

2:45-3:15 Archery for DH, DD 10, DS 8 and I take DD 5 to pony rides

4:30 Dinner at Fultons (am I pushing this time frame? Will we be late for La Nouba?)

6:00 La Nouba

Put my tired babies to bed

Day 2, Sunday:

7am Fishing Excursion

11-12: DH, DD 10, and I will take turns parasailing. Opposite parent will take the little ones around on a boat.

12-1: Eat some quick service

2-3:30: DH takes DS and DD 5 to do a little golfing (Is it ok to go golf just to have fun for a bit and quit when you're ready rather than play 18 holes?) DD 10 and I will go horseback riding.

5:00 - Dinner at Hoop Dee Doo
Carriage Ride or Horse Drawn carriage ride at Fort Wilderness. Can someone please tell me if there is a difference between these two things beside the length of time it lasts?

Bed.

How's it look??
1983 FW Campgrounds; 2003 All Star Movies; 2004 All Star Movies & AKL; 2005 BWV; OKW; 2006 BWV; 2007 BC; All Star Movies; AKL; 2008 SSR; AKL; All Star Movies; 2009 AKL; BWV; POP & BC; 2010 SSR; BWV; AKL; BC; BWV again; 2011 Contemporary; DCL Dream & AKL; 2012 FW Cabins; BWV; 2013 FW Campgrounds; DCL Dream; 2014 ASMu
4forthemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:29 PM   #266
gibbersome
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4forthemouse View Post
I have been thinking about and planning a one night premium plan since I discovered this thread.
Here is what I have come up with. Anyone here who sees any problems, or thinks there are better alternative suggestions - please speak up - I'd love to hear it!
Keep in mind I will be traveling in mid Dec with a then age 10 DD, 8 DS, 5 DD, and my DH.

How's it look??
Corrected by clkelly.

Last edited by gibbersome; 04-19-2010 at 12:36 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:33 PM   #267
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!
I got one on my camper too

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbersome View Post
There are some red flags such as getting from Fulton's to La Nouba in time. Maybe do the 9:00 PM show instead.

It's more doable if you have your own transportation
Fulton's is within walking distance to LaNouba. Unless the dinner goes long, not a problem. With a 4:30 dinner, you should get done fairly quickly.
clkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:35 PM   #268
gibbersome
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thanks (goodferry + Imagonnade40), I guess that would have been too good to be true. Still, two days of activities for $550 isn't bad at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clkelley View Post
Fulton's is within walking distance to LaNouba. Unless the dinner goes long, not a problem. With a 4:30 dinner, you should get done fairly quickly.
I heard the service can be slow at Fulton's, but thanks for the clarification. We may do the same tandem (Fulton's + La Nouba).
Old 04-19-2010, 01:53 PM   #269
Symans3honeybees
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Staying at POR

Sat - Day 1:
8:15 Breakfast at the Castle

10-12 Family Magic Tour (anyone done this - love it? hate it?)

Grab a hotdog for lunch

1:40 Photosession at Wilderness Lodge (I'm assuming this place is beautiful at Christmas, we've never been to WDW at Christmas time. Think a different hotel would be better for pics please tell me!)

2:45-3:15 Archery for DH, DD 10, DS 8 and I take DD 5 to pony rides

4:30 Dinner at Fultons (am I pushing this time frame? Will we be late for La Nouba?)

Put my tired babies to bed

Day 2, Sunday:

7am Fishing Excursion

11-12: DH, DD 10, and I will take turns parasailing. Opposite parent will take the little ones around on a boat.

12-1: Eat some quick service

2-3:30: DH takes DS and DD 5 to do a little golfing (Is it ok to go golf just to have fun for a bit and quit when you're ready rather than play 18 holes?) DD 10 and I will go horseback riding.

5:00 - Dinner at Hoop Dee Doo
Carriage Ride or Horse Drawn carriage ride at Fort Wilderness. Can someone please tell me if there is a difference between these two things beside the length of time it lasts?

Bed.

How's it look??
Your plan looks pretty good!!
However, I think you might not be able to make it to "La Nouba" after a 4:30pm dinner at Fulton's. Cirque du Soleil requests their guest to check in at least 20-30 minutes before the show begins.
There's a photo portrait session thread here. I have seen most if not all of the pictures that our fellow dis'er posted. My personal favorites were the ones from "Polynesian" and "Grand Floridian" A better time for nicer portrait will be later in the afternoon(preferably their last time slot around 5pm; the lighting/shading is much softer)
Old 04-19-2010, 01:57 PM   #270
beautifultomorrow
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Regarding this portion of your plan, I was going to say that I think this might be pushing it time-wise, but I have never dined at Fulton's so if the other posters on here who have say it will work, I would listen to them, but these are my concerns:

Your meal at Fulton's will include 3 courses (appetizer, entree, dessert) back when the DIsney Dining plan also included three courses our family of five adults RARELY got in and out of a table service restaurant in 1 1/2 hours. Most were around 2 hours. Granted, you shouldn't have to wait to be seated at 4:30, but I would still allow 1 1/2 hours minimum for your meal.

I would guesstimate it would take about 10-20 minutes for a family with small children to walk to La Nouba from FUlton's (it's on the marketplace side of the old pleasure island, correct?)

Also, I have read in several places that you should arrive at La Nouba at least 1/2 an hour before showtime. Not sure why that is or what will happen if you don't do it but that is just what I have seen.

Is there any way your family would be able to enjoy a 7:45 or 8 pm dinner at Fulton's?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: