Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2010, 09:32 AM   #241
Symans3honeybees
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeserw View Post
What is the cheapest deluxe resort for a family of 5? We are staying at PORS. I would like to do the Platinum Plan for one night but want to keep costs as low as possible. This is the best thread! I'm so excited about the possibilities!! Thanks to the OP!
I believe the CR/Garden Wing room is the cheapest deluxe which will accommodate 5. While AKL and WL are cheaper than CR, but only 4 can be fitted in their cheapest room category.
We will be staying in CR for our own "Premium" trip. Our plan calls for a lot of watersports during the first full day; therefore, CR's location is the perfect choice.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:26 PM   #242
2ofUs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeymo78 View Post
Here a question for you single night planning veterans (we've only done it for full trips before we were DVC members).

Could we book a room at Pop for one night with this package and still actually stay in our villa - just go to Pop for check in purposes. YES Will we have to get the 1 day ticket YES or can it be booked as an annual passholder? NO If we do need the tickets can they be used toward a DVC AP renewal? Pretty sure you can

I'm sure that for the cost of the room and the plan itself we would save hundreds. Check in early morning and spend the day doing watersports (jet ski tour, parasailing, jet ski free ride) with a nice dinner then illuminations cruise. Day 2 start with CRT breakfast (or maybe lunch the previous day) then Dolphins in Depth ONLY on PLATINUM - must stay at a DELUXE to add Platinum, more jet skis (we really miss them), nice dinner and La Nouba. We'd fit in our spa service Again, only on Platinum one of the afternoons. I figure this would run $500-600 not including the ticket price which hopefully would go toward our AP if we had to buy them. I think that just the watersports alone would cost well over $600. You can do most of the park tours (except the amazing Backstage Magic 7 1/2 tour - Platinum only), all golf & water sports, LOTS of great meals, La Nouba, special viewing for Wishes & Illuminations, and the photo session using Premium - but NOT the Wishes/Illum cruises, spa sessions, Victoria & Alberts, Richard Petty, or the Dolphins/Divequest/Seas Aqua tours - sorry!

The best placement for this would be in the middle of one of our weeklong trips to use as a break from running around the parks. All these activities would actually be "restful" for us. What do all of you think?

I don't know if anyone really answered those questions or pointed out that you were wanting to include some of the Platinum things. We plan to do a 1 nite Premium plan this September, but will definitely splurge on a Platinum nite & Deluxe stay for our 20th anniversary (April 2010).

HAPPY TRAVELERS...can't afford it...gotta do it! Now, if only we could fly for free like
2013 5/13-18 YC/POFQ; 2013 Jan 28/31 Disneyland Hotel; 2012 Nov 6/14 AKL/POP; 2012 Mar 14/23 POP/DREAM; 2011 Oct 7 nites on WONDER; Feb 4 nites on DREAM; 2010 Sep 8/16 POP/Bonnet Ck/BLT; 2009 Sep 21/30 & Jan 20/28 POP/SSR & OKW/Bonnet Ck; 2006 Sep 23/30 Poly/OKW; 2005 Jan WLV/Bonnet Ck; 2003 Feb AKL; 2001 Sep off-site; 2000 March AS Music

Last edited by 2ofUs; 04-16-2010 at 03:39 PM.
2ofUs is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2010, 03:36 PM   #243
2ofUs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waseller77 View Post
Is there any way to book La Nouba online? I just tried and it was trying to charge my credit card... Thanks!

Any additional ideas for afternoons? My husband is playing golf and I'd like to find an activity for just myself (premium plan).
You can call 407-WDW-TOUR and they will help you with your La Nouba plans. They view the same seating chart you see online, so have it either printed out or on your computer screen when you call. Also, if you REALLY don't like the seats the computer is going to choose for you, politely ask if there is anyone you can speak with for more assistance. Generally you will be transferred to Guest Services who are pretty good about helping meet special needs or requests. Don't tell anyone I told you this though

As for afternoon activities, there is only 1 tour - Backstage Safari @ AK, a 3 hour tour starting @ 1pm. There is an 11:30 Segway tour at FW but that is late morning. Only other choices are miniture golf, horseback rides, bicycles, tennis, fishing, archery lessons or water sports,. Personally, I'd pay OOP for a massage or mani/pedi combo. Hey, hubby gets golf, I'd get pampered - we're both happy and that makes for a great evening!

HAPPY TRAVELERS...can't afford it...gotta do it! Now, if only we could fly for free like
2013 5/13-18 YC/POFQ; 2013 Jan 28/31 Disneyland Hotel; 2012 Nov 6/14 AKL/POP; 2012 Mar 14/23 POP/DREAM; 2011 Oct 7 nites on WONDER; Feb 4 nites on DREAM; 2010 Sep 8/16 POP/Bonnet Ck/BLT; 2009 Sep 21/30 & Jan 20/28 POP/SSR & OKW/Bonnet Ck; 2006 Sep 23/30 Poly/OKW; 2005 Jan WLV/Bonnet Ck; 2003 Feb AKL; 2001 Sep off-site; 2000 March AS Music
2ofUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 07:57 AM   #244
let'sgo
DIS Veteran

This seems so interesting! So if I were to book the Premium Plan for one night, would I get 3 meals which could be used on that day and the next day until midnight, and all the Premium activities I would like to do on check in day and the next day (check out day) until midnight?-- do you actually get two days of activities? This could really be fun!
let'sgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 02:41 PM   #245
Symans3honeybees
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by let'sgo View Post
This seems so interesting! So if I were to book the Premium Plan for one night, would I get 3 meals which could be used on that day and the next day until midnight, and all the Premium activities I would like to do on check in day and the next day (check out day) until midnight?-- do you actually get two days of activities? This could really be fun!
Yep, it works exactly as you said.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:26 PM   #246
beautifultomorrow
DIS Veteran

For anyone who has done this before, are there any limitations on what you can order at Fulton's on the Premium/Platinum Plan? I don't suppose you can add any of the add ons like crab legs/lobster at no additional charge can you?

Thanks!!
beautifultomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:08 AM   #247
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

Can I go to Fulton's Crab House on the Premium, or do I have to be Platinum?
Old 04-18-2010, 01:07 PM   #248
beautifultomorrow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMGONNABE40! View Post
Can I go to Fulton's Crab House on the Premium, or do I have to be Platinum?
You can go to Fulton's on Premium or PLatinum. Someone correct me if I am wrong but I believe the only restaurant that is exclusive to Platinum only is Victoria & Albert's.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:40 PM   #249
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Don't be a Doofus!

Thanks! I am wondering if I am crazy to do this by myself as an add on to our August trip. I know no one else in my group will want to keep this type of schedule. I like the idea of it, but wonder if I will get a bit lonely doing all of these things on my own.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:05 PM   #250
gigimom4
Mouseketeer

I'm sorry if this has been asked but I am crunching some numbers and have a question. For watersports, it says you get a 10% discount but doesn't say how much it is-or at least I can't find it. Most of these things are just discounts right? Not free since you have the premium plan? I understand the dining and that is great.
gigimom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 05:08 PM   #251
IMGONNABE40!
Don't be a Doofus!

I thought the water sports are included...where are you seeing 10%?
Old 04-18-2010, 05:11 PM   #252
beautifultomorrow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigimom4 View Post
I'm sorry if this has been asked but I am crunching some numbers and have a question. For watersports, it says you get a 10% discount but doesn't say how much it is-or at least I can't find it. Most of these things are just discounts right? Not free since you have the premium plan? I understand the dining and that is great.
Most of them are FREE with the plan. Not sure where you are seeing the 10% discount but it may be that that is included with every package at disney, its jsut not needed with premium/platinum since those acitivites are already available to you at no addtional charge.

IF you purchase premium plan ($165 per person per day) or platinum ($220 per person per day, must stay at deluxe) you can parasail, do watersports, rent watercraft, do tours (some exclusions on premium) see La Nouba, etc, etc. at NO additional cost other than what you paid for the plan. (Gratutity is additional is some cases). Look around on this thread for links to the PDF's that explain what all is included, that should help you out.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:24 PM   #253
breick
Mouseketeer

Which activities are gratuities expected for? and how much would be appropriate? TIA

[img]http://www.asdreamersdo.com/images/dis/fw**********003.gif[/img]
breick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:37 PM   #254
gigimom4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifultomorrow View Post
Most of them are FREE with the plan. Not sure where you are seeing the 10% discount but it may be that that is included with every package at disney, its jsut not needed with premium/platinum since those acitivites are already available to you at no addtional charge.

IF you purchase premium plan ($165 per person per day) or platinum ($220 per person per day, must stay at deluxe) you can parasail, do watersports, rent watercraft, do tours (some exclusions on premium) see La Nouba, etc, etc. at NO additional cost other than what you paid for the plan. (Gratutity is additional is some cases). Look around on this thread for links to the PDF's that explain what all is included, that should help you out.
Thank you-I'm not sure what I was looking at either because I did go to the links provided and got pretty much what I was looking for!
thanks again!
gigimom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:48 PM   #255
beautifultomorrow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by breick View Post
Which activities are gratuities expected for? and how much would be appropriate? TIA
Probably just meal, I think the PDF indicates what, but I am not 100% certain.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: