Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2010, 08:49 PM   #196
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodferry View Post
Funny I should read this today, as I have been considering it. Would we each have to buy a one day ticket I assume? If we bought them as non expiring could we use them towards the renewal of our AP a year 6 months later?
The 1 day pass will be good forever as long as you don't use it. You DON'T have to buy nonexpiring ticket. An unused ticket basically is good forever. One used, it can be upgraded within 14 days. We did this on our trip in Feb. (we had 4 1 day passes from free dining and free gift card offers) You should use the ticket first when upgrading and then go to guest relations to upgrade to an AP. (if the cost of a one day has increased, you will get thecurrent value if used then upgraded. If you just upgrade, you will only get the amt. you paid for the ticket.) HOpe this helps!
disneyfan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:53 PM   #197
Mom21
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by breick View Post
One day tickets are non-expiring as long as you don't use them. You don't pay extra for it.
Yep. I think I have 4 sitting here from free dining and other promotions. We will eventually use them.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2010, 08:55 PM   #198
goodferry
DIS Veteran

y'all are so helpful!
Old 03-31-2010, 09:55 PM   #199
goodferry
DIS Veteran

I read somewhere that the VIP tours were included in this package, but I don't think that's true, anyone know?
Old 04-01-2010, 09:55 AM   #200
2ofUs
DIS Veteran

Suggestions for 1 nite pkg

[QUOTE=wdwkimberlee;36059626]I LOVE THIS THREAD!!!

Do you think you'd have to purchase a park ticket if you were an AP holder? (I'm thinking you still have to.) YES you will need to buy 1 day passes for everyone in the party, but can use them for your next AP purchase.

Here are all the activities I would want to squeeze in if I did a one night premium stay:

Keys to the Kingdom
Epcot Segway tour
La Nouba (saw it twice already, but would love to go again)
Spirit of Aloha
Parasailing
Horseback riding at FW
Mouseboats
Wishes preferred viewing
Behind the Seeds
Fultons

You CAN do all of this, but TIMING will be crutial. Put together a list of the MUST do items, then check for tour times. Having just put together my own schedule, I can advise a few things.

KTTK is great, but will take an entire morning. It DOES include a nice lunch at Columbia Harbour House!

If you wish to do the Epcot Segway Tour, they begin as early at 7:30 with 3 more after that and last 2 hours. Doing the early tour would be best if everyone can get up and be there early. Your resort should be able to provide you with a taxi voucher to insure timely arrival - and it is neat to be in EPCOT when it is EMPTY!!! You could also catch the Behind the Seeds anytime throughout the day.

Consider trying the FW Segway tour if you wish to do horseback riding as well, especially since getting to FW is a bit tricky timing wise. That tour has 2 times - 8:30 and 10:30, but you must arive 15min early for each.

La Nouba has 2 showings nightly - 6 & 9, but you need to be there at LEAST 30 min prior, so dinner timing becomes important. DH and I chose the early show so we could enjoy our dinner at Flying Fish after. Perhaps you could do the same and use Fulton's on the same night. Even if you have kids I would get them a snack pre-show (remember you get 2 snack credits with the Premium pkg) to tide them over until the later dinner. The show will liven them up, but eating first then doing the show you might have some nodding heads!

Spirit of Aloha is a show/dinner combined and I'm not sure when you are going so cannot advise timing this with Wishes viewing. For the viewing you must arrive 15 min PRIOR to Wishes - and that varies so check your schedule.

You might also consider doing 'Ohana then Wishes or take advantage of the pkg and do a Signature dining spot - even includes appetizers - such as Citrico's, Narcoosees or California Grill? They are all near MK - walkable or a short monorail ride away. This would allow plenty of time for dinner and then leisure arrival at MK.

You also get a 3rd meal - so maybe a Chef Mickey breakfast or even CRT? That might be a good choice for your KTTK morning if you can get an early ADR. Utilize those more expensive meals to get the most out of your package.

The water activities can be worked in around your tour/dining schedule and you'll be set. You might also consider the Photography session, maybe before your dinner/Wishes night. How often to you get a family portrait done - especially if it is just you and your spouse (I know we haven't done one in MANY years).

Hope these tips help and I know you will have a great time!

HAPPY TRAVELERS...can't afford it...gotta do it! Now, if only we could fly for free like
2013 5/13-18 YC/POFQ; 2013 Jan 28/31 Disneyland Hotel; 2012 Nov 6/14 AKL/POP; 2012 Mar 14/23 POP/DREAM; 2011 Oct 7 nites on WONDER; Feb 4 nites on DREAM; 2010 Sep 8/16 POP/Bonnet Ck/BLT; 2009 Sep 21/30 & Jan 20/28 POP/SSR & OKW/Bonnet Ck; 2006 Sep 23/30 Poly/OKW; 2005 Jan WLV/Bonnet Ck; 2003 Feb AKL; 2001 Sep off-site; 2000 March AS Music
2ofUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:02 AM   #201
wdwkimberlee
Earning My Ears

Hey 2ofus. Thanks so much for all that useful info!

I've been going to sleep each night lately thinking about all this fun stuff! (And it's invading my every waking hour, too!) Aren't we Disers so lucky to have Disney planning to dream about!

Happy planning!

Kim
July 1973 Offsite Mar 1985 Daytrip Nov 1991 Big Red Boat & CR Jan 1997 OKW May 2000 FW Cabins Aug 2005 DLR Grand Californian June 2006 OKW Jan 2007 POFQ Jan 2007 daytrip Aug 2007 BC free dining Mar2008 daytrip Backstage Magic Tour Sept 2008 POP free diningDec 2009 ASMu First Solo Trip!!! Oct 2010 POP Second Solo Trip Nov 2010 POP with Jen Feb 2012 POFQ/AKL Mar 2012 POP with Jen Sept 2012 AKL

LET THE FUN BEGIN!!
wdwkimberlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:40 AM   #202
2ofUs
DIS Veteran

So true. With my CDO (that's OCD in alphabetical order - as it SHOULD be) I, too, found nearly every waking (and some sleeping) hour consumed by these plans.

Once I finally decided - using a spreadsheet with all possible options and combinations - what we would be most comfortable doing without killing ourselves, I made all reservations and am now good-to-go. Figured even though our trip isn't until September, if & when they announce Free Dining, ressies will be much harder to come by so I was driven to get it done.

Now I just have to buy airfare and then figure out how to pay for everything - but at least we are getting a LOT of stuff for the additional $170 per person!

HAPPY TRAVELERS...can't afford it...gotta do it! Now, if only we could fly for free like
2013 5/13-18 YC/POFQ; 2013 Jan 28/31 Disneyland Hotel; 2012 Nov 6/14 AKL/POP; 2012 Mar 14/23 POP/DREAM; 2011 Oct 7 nites on WONDER; Feb 4 nites on DREAM; 2010 Sep 8/16 POP/Bonnet Ck/BLT; 2009 Sep 21/30 & Jan 20/28 POP/SSR & OKW/Bonnet Ck; 2006 Sep 23/30 Poly/OKW; 2005 Jan WLV/Bonnet Ck; 2003 Feb AKL; 2001 Sep off-site; 2000 March AS Music
2ofUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:13 PM   #203
Leigha
DIS Veteran

They say this is cheaper to book through AAA. If you do, are they only in control of the room reservation?? I don't like for others to be in control of my reservations but I might could let them be in charge of the room only if I could do all the others like restaurants, tours and shows. How much is AAA now??
Leigha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:07 PM   #204
beautifultomorrow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigha View Post
They say this is cheaper to book through AAA. If you do, are they only in control of the room reservation?? I don't like for others to be in control of my reservations but I might could let them be in charge of the room only if I could do all the others like restaurants, tours and shows. How much is AAA now??
You can still make all your own plans and reservations for restaurants, tours and shows.
beautifultomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:11 PM   #205
Mom21
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigha View Post
I can give you an idea based on my reservation. Nov28 for 3 nights/Platinum package/AKV Jambo House Deluxe Savannah view/ 2 one day tickets/ 3 nights Platinum for 2 adults AAA 2597.58

About the same price Disney quoted me for a regular/standard (not deluxe studio with kitchen area) savannah view room/same package.

I will do all of my own reservations including restaurants, tours, etc. I don't trust anyone else and also don't like the going back and forth when something I want isn't available. I like being able to do that one on one with the reservation agent.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:29 PM   #206
Mom21
DIS Veteran

Well ladies. I am beginning to doubt myself. Help me decide. I have a 3 day Platinum. I planned things out. Just thinking what will happen if an AP rate of 40% comes out and I have TIW. I think I could actually do it cheaper on my own with the same things. I'm going to list my estimate for 2 people. Let me know if I'm off. I'm not including TIW discount as that will take care of tip. Also only listing the price that would include what Platinum plan would include so no alcohol at Vic and Alberts for example

here are the plans:

Sun: lunch somewhere $50
spa massage $150
Victoria and Alberts $250
Epcot cruise (I really am not counting the entire $300 towards this as i hear you can be put with other people. I have done it before and shared with people of my own choosing off this board so thinking maybe $50 a person for this) $100

Day 2 Breakfast: Boma or in room--depending on how late we sleep $50
Dolphins in Depth (Not really into this as we have swam with dolphins so many places--just thought a chance to do it that I likely would never pay for) $350
parasailing $135
Jiko $125
I would love to do the Wayama Safari if allowed but I don't see that listed anywhere

Day 3 Breakfast in room $50
Coral Reef Lunch $60
Cirque 6pm (did this in Dec so not a necessity) $200
Fultons 9pm $125
Characters in Flight (not included anyway just want to do it)

Day 4--check into Poly
Late breakfast at Akershus or CRT $100
Aqua Tours 12:30--dd not so sure she wants to do this $280
Hoop De Review 7:15 $120
Carriage ride at Ft Wilderness 9:30 $45

Total is $2190 I am paying 1320 for the Platinum plan. Leaving me an advantage of 870. But then I'm looking at the 3 most expensive items (Aqua Tours and Dolphins and Cirque--all of which dd says she doesn't care about) costing $830. So is it worth it to me since I have been so many times there really isn't much left for us to do that I can't cover with that price. And then add in I had to buy 2 one day tickets and no room discount. I think with a room discount of 40% we could do all we wanted for less. Also adding in using TIW would tak care of the tips which I would have to do out of pocket in addition to this package price. Am I thinking right? Am I just caught up in the lure of the Platinum Plan?
Old 04-01-2010, 06:34 PM   #207
Mom21
DIS Veteran

Another thought. Is the only thing in my plan not allowed on the Premium the Vic and Alberts? If so I may be better off to go Premium not platinum. I'm so confused.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:48 PM   #208
Leigha
DIS Veteran

I don't think the Dolphins or Aqua tours are included on the Premium are they?? It might not be worth it for you...
Leigha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:49 PM   #209
beautifultomorrow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom21 View Post
Another thought. Is the only thing in my plan not allowed on the Premium the Vic and Alberts? If so I may be better off to go Premium not platinum. I'm so confused.
The things I see on your list that are included in platinum, but not premium are:
Victoria and Albert's
spa treatments
fireworks cruise
Dolphins in depth/Aqua Seas

Although you did note that some of those were not really that important to you.

Honestly, it sounds like you might be doing a lot of the activities just to get your money's worth, not because you would have done them anyway. Have you condsidered just doing the plan for one night? that would make it a lot more affordable. You could use a discount for your other nights, and if you stay at the same resort, you might not have to move rooms.

I am planning to do the platinum plan for one night on our honeymoon because we plan to eat at Victoria and Albert's, have a massage, do a portrait session and order a photopass cd anyway. Those things alone equal the roughly $600 additional the plan will cost us (also factoring in the rack rate we'll have to pay for that night that we wouldn't have had to otherwise). Plus there are a lot of other activites and meals we'd love to do so it's totally worth it to us. We couldn't afford to do it for more than one night though.
beautifultomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:53 PM   #210
goodferry
DIS Veteran

I agree that it does sound like you are doing a lot just because you have the plan. I have gone through and carefully looked at the discount I could get on the room and compared it with what we will pay for the Platinum plan, only considering those things we for sure were going to do, and we come out about even and plus we get some extras we have never done. We are going to do it for two nights before our DVC stay.

What we for sure were going to do plan or no plan:
Massages for each of us
Victoria and Alberts
Cirque de Soleil
Segway Tour
Deluxe Dining Plan

What we will do that we have never done before or really want to do again because of the plan
Photo session
Photo CD
Richard Petty Driving Experience (DH only)
Mouseboats
Preferred viewing for fireworks/cruise (not sure which)
Fulton's Crab House dinner (always on the dining plan and it's not included)
Lunch at Rainforest Cafe (not on dining plan and DH has fond memories of dining there before the plan back when you could buy those meal vouchers)
Room service for breakfast

A question about the photopass cd, can that include pictures from the rest of our trip being as we will actually be there five days after our package ends?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: