Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2010, 03:24 PM   #181
GolfandEat
Earning My Ears

My Life Is Changed

I am a professional lurker on these boards - planning my September trip for this year. After stumbling upon this thread I have a sudden urge to buy a camper, move closer to WDW and start working on schemes with clkelley! This one is pure genius and I never would have thought of it.

I salute you - and the others who share this dream!
GolfandEat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:07 PM   #182
tink713
Disneyholic Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by drafthorsecrazy View Post
I wonder if annual passholders can get a "ticketless" platinum package? Or would we have to purchase the one day park ticket?
No AP holders can't do the platinum package you have to buy a one day ticket.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2447783April 2010 Dining Reviews
tink713 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2010, 09:19 PM   #183
Mom21
DIS Veteran

Well I booked today.

3 nights at AKV Deluxe Studio Savannah view.

Here are my plans. I have a few months to tweak so feel free to critique. Also some plans may change depending if I go with my bf (he is always out of the country working and can't commit or with my 13yo dd. Notice I am going.)

11/28 Sun Check in and if room ready have lunch in room. If not find someplace....good plan huh?!
spa-me massage her manicure and pedicure
Behind the Seeds (dd has been begging for this for years but we never have had time)--not if BF goes so relax or swim if warm enough
Yachtmans for dinner
Epcot fireworks cruise

Mon 29th Breakfast in room (dd loves this and it cuts time as she eats while I shower)
Dolphins in Depth 9:45
Lunch whatever OOP--maybe The Land--dd loves this and cheap and I have TIW
Dinner Victoria and Alberts
Carriage ride at POR or Wilderness--need to research easiest to get to from GF--take input

Tues 30th Akershus Breakfast
Coral Reef Lunch
Cirque 6pm--this is a maybe--dd and I went in Dec so if she goes and doesn't want to do again we will do something else
Dinner Fultons
Characters in Flight--not included on plan but something I always wanted to do

Wed 1st--Move to Polynesian for 4 nights with Deluxe Plan but still using credits today from Platinum

CRT late breakfast after checkin at Poly--maybe 10 and still have time to get to Epcot??
Aqua Tours 12:30
Hoop De Do 7:15

keep in mind next 4 days will be our park days. Also if bf goes he has never been to disney and isn't a ride person. So I want him to relax and enjoy for his 30 years to come of Disney
DD has been so many times it no longer is a "have to do it all trip". In fact last time we went we didn't do much but tried to fit in things we had never done. I wish she could do the Segway tours and especially the Keys to the Kingdom tour. She is dying to do that. I understand 16 for Segway but don't for Keys. UGH. Maybe I will do a Platinum trip again in 3 years for her 16th and we can do those things.

So input....I am missing anything that you think is a not to miss?
Old 03-24-2010, 05:45 PM   #184
Leigha
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiew View Post
Oh man. Now I really want to do the "off road" Segway tour at Ft. Wilderness. But time wise I can't do it since I want to do both the Keys to the Kingdom tour and the EPCOT WS Segway tour.

I guess maybe next time ...

Maggie
I've been hoping, studying and planning myself! I haven't brought it up to the family yet and will let them vote if it works out but I'm thinking Segway in Epcot at 7:45 and possibly Ft. Wilderness at 11:30. I think you could make it easy. We have done the Epcot tour and I think the only problem would be sore feet. I felt the need to stretch afterwards but no real pain. After 4 hours in one day though, there might be pain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom21 View Post
Well I booked today.

3 nights at AKV Deluxe Studio Savannah view.

Here are my plans. I have a few months to tweak so feel free to critique. Also some plans may change depending if I go with my bf (he is always out of the country working and can't commit or with my 13yo dd. Notice I am going.)

11/28 Sun Check in and if room ready have lunch in room. If not find someplace....good plan huh?!
spa-me massage her manicure and pedicure
Behind the Seeds (dd has been begging for this for years but we never have had time)--not if BF goes so relax or swim if warm enough
Yachtmans for dinner
Epcot fireworks cruise

Mon 29th Breakfast in room (dd loves this and it cuts time as she eats while I shower)
Dolphins in Depth 9:45
Lunch whatever OOP--maybe The Land--dd loves this and cheap and I have TIW
Dinner Victoria and Alberts
Carriage ride at POR or Wilderness--need to research easiest to get to from GF--take input

Tues 30th Akershus Breakfast
Coral Reef Lunch
Cirque 6pm--this is a maybe--dd and I went in Dec so if she goes and doesn't want to do again we will do something else
Dinner Fultons
Characters in Flight--not included on plan but something I always wanted to do

Wed 1st--Move to Polynesian for 4 nights with Deluxe Plan but still using credits today from Platinum

CRT late breakfast after checkin at Poly--maybe 10 and still have time to get to Epcot??
Aqua Tours 12:30
Hoop De Do 7:15

keep in mind next 4 days will be our park days. Also if bf goes he has never been to disney and isn't a ride person. So I want him to relax and enjoy for his 30 years to come of Disney
DD has been so many times it no longer is a "have to do it all trip". In fact last time we went we didn't do much but tried to fit in things we had never done. I wish she could do the Segway tours and especially the Keys to the Kingdom tour. She is dying to do that. I understand 16 for Segway but don't for Keys. UGH. Maybe I will do a Platinum trip again in 3 years for her 16th and we can do those things.

So input....I am missing anything that you think is a not to miss?

I would for sure use the boats to get from GF to Wilderness. Beautiful ride and quickest trip I would think! Have you thought about the Family Magic Tour at MK? What makes this soooo appealing is that everyone in my family will be 16 or over. PERFECT!! It wouldn't be the same otherwise but still great specially with the Epcot tours. Don't forget about the water sports - parasailing, water mice, etc.
Leigha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:52 PM   #185
princesskayla
***This space reserved for a tag***

Oh - What a delightful idea. I am going to have to convince my DH to go for the weekend w/o the kiddos and do this. I would love to eat at V&A. Do they have veggie meals and how are they with "picky" diets? I guess I will have to research that now!!! That would be a deciding factor (Me and DH are kind of limited eaters - basically only beef and chicken) The ride -along with Richard Petty sounds fun too!!!

Thanks for the idea!!

First 1/2 Marathon-Disneyland-Sept 2013*Pixar 7 day cruise - Oct 2012*Dream Double Dip - May 2012*24 Hours,4 Parks - Leap Year 2012 -WDW*DL -HoJo: Dec 2011*First Disney Cruise and First Family trip to Disney Land: Nov 2011*Solo trip to DL: Oct 2011*Last trip before the Wild Fontier, Bonnet Creek: May 2011 * Bonnet Creek - Nov 2010 * AKL/WL CL - Sept 2010 * Christmas Present for the family at Bonnet Creek - Dec 14-18, 2009 * Last Minute trip to Bonnet Creek - May 2009 * Suprise trip for Mom's 50th B-Day - Oct 2008 KOTS * WL with Free Dining - Sept 2008 * AWHONN convention + DISNEYLAND - June 2008 * ASMo and WL with Free Dining - Sept 2007 - The beginning of the obsession
princesskayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:46 AM   #186
Mom21
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigha View Post

I would for sure use the boats to get from GF to Wilderness. Beautiful ride and quickest trip I would think! Have you thought about the Family Magic Tour at MK? What makes this soooo appealing is that everyone in my family will be 16 or over. PERFECT!! It wouldn't be the same otherwise but still great specially with the Epcot tours. Don't forget about the water sports - parasailing, water mice, etc.
Thanks. I will use the boat. As many times as I have been I'm not good about knowing what goes to where since I always use my car. I read about the family magic tour. I think dd would be very bored so we'll skip it. About the watersports...I have no desire to ride in the water mice. She and I have parasailed many times in a lot of places, but if we have time I'll try and fit it in. Problem is she doesn't weigh enough so we have to go tandem. If I go with bf he is afraid of heights so no way will I get him up there. I may go by myself though.

Keep the input coming. I am sure I will keep changing up until time to make ADR.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:37 PM   #187
2ofUs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottOKW2K View Post
... MK fireworks viewing area is the seating area to the right and below the Plaza restaurant location. My only concern about this is that this location is normally set aside as a smoking area.You have to make a reservation for these and will be given the standard 12 digit confirmation number. She said a voucher for your party's viewing will be included with your package contents at check-in, and will have to be presented to gain access to the viewing area.
FYI - I wasn't sure how to make those reservations but it is the standard tour line - 407-WDW-TOUR. Sure hope it is NOT a smoking area - can't imagine WDW would do that to Premium pkg holders though. I was told to arrive 15 minutes early and that it is a "standing only" area. And the CM said it is just in front of the Plaza between them and the castle, so I don't believe it is the area to the right of the restaurant.

HAPPY TRAVELERS...can't afford it...gotta do it! Now, if only we could fly for free like
2013 5/13-18 YC/POFQ; 2013 Jan 28/31 Disneyland Hotel; 2012 Nov 6/14 AKL/POP; 2012 Mar 14/23 POP/DREAM; 2011 Oct 7 nites on WONDER; Feb 4 nites on DREAM; 2010 Sep 8/16 POP/Bonnet Ck/BLT; 2009 Sep 21/30 & Jan 20/28 POP/SSR & OKW/Bonnet Ck; 2006 Sep 23/30 Poly/OKW; 2005 Jan WLV/Bonnet Ck; 2003 Feb AKL; 2001 Sep off-site; 2000 March AS Music
2ofUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:44 PM   #188
breick
Mouseketeer

Actually, it is the smoking area. They clear the smokers out a little while before the fireworks.

[img]http://www.asdreamersdo.com/images/dis/fw**********003.gif[/img]
breick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:58 PM   #189
2ofUs
DIS Veteran

Thanks, Barb, good to know. I assume the aroma does not linger? I have a bad enough time with my allergies, wouldn't want to compound it with smoke. I just can't picture the area though I have gone by there a bazillion times.

HAPPY TRAVELERS...can't afford it...gotta do it! Now, if only we could fly for free like
2013 5/13-18 YC/POFQ; 2013 Jan 28/31 Disneyland Hotel; 2012 Nov 6/14 AKL/POP; 2012 Mar 14/23 POP/DREAM; 2011 Oct 7 nites on WONDER; Feb 4 nites on DREAM; 2010 Sep 8/16 POP/Bonnet Ck/BLT; 2009 Sep 21/30 & Jan 20/28 POP/SSR & OKW/Bonnet Ck; 2006 Sep 23/30 Poly/OKW; 2005 Jan WLV/Bonnet Ck; 2003 Feb AKL; 2001 Sep off-site; 2000 March AS Music
2ofUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:08 AM   #190
wdwkimberlee
Earning My Ears

I LOVE THIS THREAD!!!

I've been following everyone's great ideas since this thread started. Let's just say...the wheels are spinning!

Do you think you'd have to purchase a park ticket if you were an AP holder? (I'm thinking you still have to.)

Here are all the activities I would want to squeeze in if I did a one night premium stay:

Keys to the Kingdom
Epcot Segway tour
La Nouba (saw it twice already, but would love to go again)
Spirit of Aloha
Parasailing
Horseback riding at FW
Mouseboats
Wishes preferred viewing
Behind the Seeds
Fultons

Wow! Lots to organize and plan.

It just makes me giddy!
July 1973 Offsite Mar 1985 Daytrip Nov 1991 Big Red Boat & CR Jan 1997 OKW May 2000 FW Cabins Aug 2005 DLR Grand Californian June 2006 OKW Jan 2007 POFQ Jan 2007 daytrip Aug 2007 BC free dining Mar2008 daytrip Backstage Magic Tour Sept 2008 POP free diningDec 2009 ASMu First Solo Trip!!! Oct 2010 POP Second Solo Trip Nov 2010 POP with Jen Feb 2012 POFQ/AKL Mar 2012 POP with Jen Sept 2012 AKL

LET THE FUN BEGIN!!
wdwkimberlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:08 AM   #191
beautifultomorrow
DIS Veteran

When you guys are making your resort reservations, do you have any strategy as to how you split up the reservations? We've established that to make this work to its fullest you need 3 reservations. Do you put the premium/platinum plan night near the end, beginning, middle of the trip? We are hoping to minimize having to move rooms as much as possible. Do you make your two "normal" reservations at the same time? Do the cast members think you are crazy?
beautifultomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:01 PM   #192
Mom21
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifultomorrow View Post
When you guys are making your resort reservations, do you have any strategy as to how you split up the reservations? We've established that to make this work to its fullest you need 3 reservations. Do you put the premium/platinum plan night near the end, beginning, middle of the trip? We are hoping to minimize having to move rooms as much as possible. Do you make your two "normal" reservations at the same time? Do the cast members think you are crazy?
Well I put mine at the beginning for 3 nights at AKV and then moved to Poly on DxDDP. However, I live 3 hours away and can be there by 10 or so and having 3 nights plenty of time. I can't imagine if most of your first or last day were taken up by travel. I can see using 3 reservations then, but what a pain.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:22 PM   #193
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!
I got one on my camper too

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifultomorrow View Post
I am going to have three reservations, but I won't have to move.

I'm arriving December 3rd, late at night, December 4th is setup day, December 5th and 6th, is relax and go golf cart looping day. Then my new reservation starts on December 7th. I'll pick up a new room key about 7am, then start going. Then the night of December 8th after all the fun is done, I'll go to the front desk and pick up another room key. I'm actually going to get a 3-day ticket as my current Annual Pass expires on December 1st. Then, the morning of the 9th, I'll upgrade that 3-day ticket toward my annual pass renewal.

I fully expect to not have to move, just pick up new room keys.

I use Rhonda@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com for all of this and she know exactly what to do to arrange it all and keep me on the same site!!

Last edited by clkelley; 03-31-2010 at 01:26 PM. Reason: corrected dates
clkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:43 PM   #194
goodferry
DIS Veteran

Funny I should read this today, as I have been considering it. Would we each have to buy a one day ticket I assume? If we bought them as non expiring could we use them towards the renewal of our AP a year 6 months later?
Old 03-31-2010, 07:48 PM   #195
breick
Mouseketeer

One day tickets are non-expiring as long as you don't use them. You don't pay extra for it.

[img]http://www.asdreamersdo.com/images/dis/fw**********003.gif[/img]
breick is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: