Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-04-2011, 11:23 PM   #1651
queenofhartz
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 460

Sorry, I have a lot of questions. So, I noticed on the Platinum Plan brochure (on the Disneyworld website), it says you have 14 days to use the items included. Does that mean you have 14 days to use the La Nouba tickets?

Also, I know the 3 meals include appetizer, entree, dessert at TS restaurants. If I'm going to be on the Plat Plan the night of Oct 4 only, could I use the dining credits from the Plat Plan Oct 6 since that is within the 14 day window or do I have to use them up on Oct 4 & 5?

These are probably crazy questions, so I appreciate your help!
__________________
June, 1996: Wilderness Lodge
October, 2003: Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge
August, 2007: Boardwalk Inn/Swan
September, 2008: Bonnet Creek
November, 2009: Animal Kingdom Lodge

queenofhartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:33 PM   #1652
marivaid
My mother is a Pluto molester.
 
marivaid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Still dreamin' of Florida
Posts: 3,642

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofhartz View Post
Sorry, I have a lot of questions. So, I noticed on the Platinum Plan brochure (on the Disneyworld website), it says you have 14 days to use the items included. Does that mean you have 14 days to use the La Nouba tickets?

Also, I know the 3 meals include appetizer, entree, dessert at TS restaurants. If I'm going to be on the Plat Plan the night of Oct 4 only, could I use the dining credits from the Plat Plan Oct 6 since that is within the 14 day window or do I have to use them up on Oct 4 & 5?

These are probably crazy questions, so I appreciate your help!
Where did you see the 14-days part ? I'm looking at the Platinum brochure but I can' find it. Usually the 14-day window is related to the park tickets, since your tickets expire 14 days after the first use (unless you purchase the non-expiration option).

Dining credits will expire at midnight on the day you check out, so if you have the package for the night of the 4th, you can use them until midnight on the 5th. After that, the credits are lost. At the bottom of page 1 of the brochure it says "All unused meals and snacks expire at midnight on your package
reservation checkout date."
__________________
[CENTER]

December 2006 ASMO & POFQ ** July 2007 Poly, BWI & Pop ** October 2007 AKL & Pop **
December 2007 ASMU, WL, BC & POFQ ** April 2008 Pop & CSR ** July 2008 Poly ** January 2009 CSR **
July 2009 CSR ** January 2010 HRH ** August 2010 CSR ** October 2010 CSR ** March 2011 CSR **
marivaid is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-04-2011, 11:33 PM   #1653
DCDisney
On my way...
 
DCDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,960

This is not a cost effective plan at all. You'll be buying 2 day tix that are full price, 1 day tix, then 2 day tickets. A 5 day tix is about 250 and you'd be paying $400ish instead. I def would not put your DS on the plat plan. Grandparents won't be allowed in stormalong bay and since you are staying there after your plat plan I think that will be plenty especially since you would have a very limited time window to take him during your plat stay imagine if it's rainy or he's tired. You can pick up tickets early so what about getting the plat plan tickets and upgrading them to the total number of park days you need? Then you could save the 1 day tix from your ddp stay for another trip. Usually you can add a person at check in without them getting the ddp so you may still be able to add your son to your plat room at check in without him needing to be on the pkg. It will all be super complicated though....
DCDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:36 PM   #1654
queenofhartz
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by marivaid View Post
Where did you see the 14-days part ? I'm looking at the Platinum brochure but I can' find it. Usually the 14-day window is related to the park tickets, since your tickets expire 14 days after the first use (unless you purchase the non-expiration option).

Dining credits will expire at midnight on the day you check out, so if you have the package for the night of the 4th, you can use them until midnight on the 5th. After that, the credits are lost. At the bottom of page 1 of the brochure it says "All unused meals and snacks expire at midnight on your package
reservation checkout date."
Ok, I see...it is in the park tickets section:

"All tickets and options must be used within 14 days of first use and exclude activities and events separately priced."

I was thinking the "and options" was referring to platinum plan options, but it's obviously waterparks, disney quest, etc. I get it. Sorry, I was reading into this statement a bit too much. lol
__________________
June, 1996: Wilderness Lodge
October, 2003: Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge
August, 2007: Boardwalk Inn/Swan
September, 2008: Bonnet Creek
November, 2009: Animal Kingdom Lodge

queenofhartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:43 PM   #1655
marivaid
My mother is a Pluto molester.
 
marivaid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Still dreamin' of Florida
Posts: 3,642

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDisney View Post
Grandparents won't be allowed in stormalong bay and since you are staying there after your plat plan I think that will be plenty
I hadn't even noticed that, duh. In that case I'd leave DS with the grandparents at Bonnet Creek for one night, I wouldn't bother booking a night for the Grandparents & DS at YC since he will have time to enjoy the pool later with you.
__________________
[CENTER]

December 2006 ASMO & POFQ ** July 2007 Poly, BWI & Pop ** October 2007 AKL & Pop **
December 2007 ASMU, WL, BC & POFQ ** April 2008 Pop & CSR ** July 2008 Poly ** January 2009 CSR **
July 2009 CSR ** January 2010 HRH ** August 2010 CSR ** October 2010 CSR ** March 2011 CSR **
marivaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:44 PM   #1656
queenofhartz
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDisney View Post
This is not a cost effective plan at all. You'll be buying 2 day tix that are full price, 1 day tix, then 2 day tickets. A 5 day tix is about 250 and you'd be paying $400ish instead. I def would not put your DS on the plat plan. Grandparents won't be allowed in stormalong bay and since you are staying there after your plat plan I think that will be plenty especially since you would have a very limited time window to take him during your plat stay imagine if it's rainy or he's tired. You can pick up tickets early so what about getting the plat plan tickets and upgrading them to the total number of park days you need? Then you could save the 1 day tix from your ddp stay for another trip. Usually you can add a person at check in without them getting the ddp so you may still be able to add your son to your plat room at check in without him needing to be on the pkg. It will all be super complicated though....
Yes - I wasn't understanding how the tickets worked, but as always, the great Disboards experts have helped me to work it out. We're going to do October 2-3 at Bonnet Creek as planned with the grandparents. Then:

October 4: DH & I are going to do Platinum Plan and get a 1 day base ticket (we are NOT going to put DS on the plat plan...there's not enough for him to take advantage of really)

October 5-7: DH, DS, and I will be on the Regular Dining plan and get the 6 day park hopper ticket which we will pick up on October 2.

So, this actually brings me from my current package price of $3600 (there are no discounts yet that I am eligible for at this time) to $3,100.72. YAY!!!!

Soooo....we are considering actually treating DGrandparents to one night at YC...they've never ever stayed at a Disney resort, and this way, they can stay Oct 4 and do Cape May breakfast, Stormalong Bay with DS, Beaches and Cream, nap, and just enjoy the boardwalk and YC. I think they would enjoy it, and we would still save money from what we are paying now. I can't thank everyone here enough for the help!
__________________
June, 1996: Wilderness Lodge
October, 2003: Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge
August, 2007: Boardwalk Inn/Swan
September, 2008: Bonnet Creek
November, 2009: Animal Kingdom Lodge

queenofhartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:46 PM   #1657
marivaid
My mother is a Pluto molester.
 
marivaid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Still dreamin' of Florida
Posts: 3,642

That sounds great, I hope you all have an awesome trip
__________________
[CENTER]

December 2006 ASMO & POFQ ** July 2007 Poly, BWI & Pop ** October 2007 AKL & Pop **
December 2007 ASMU, WL, BC & POFQ ** April 2008 Pop & CSR ** July 2008 Poly ** January 2009 CSR **
July 2009 CSR ** January 2010 HRH ** August 2010 CSR ** October 2010 CSR ** March 2011 CSR **
marivaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:47 PM   #1658
queenofhartz
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by marivaid View Post
I hadn't even noticed that, duh. In that case I'd leave DS with the grandparents at Bonnet Creek for one night, I wouldn't bother booking a night for the Grandparents & DS at YC since he will have time to enjoy the pool later with you.
That's true. We definitely want to experience the pool with DS too. He's really going to love it...I think. I'll have to talk to DH to see how he feels about treating DGP to YC. We're treating them to Schulas as a thank you for watching Elliott, so DH may feel like dinner is enough...I don't know. Right now, I'm just on over the money that we've saved by getting all of this wonderful advice from you guys!! Thank you thank you!!
__________________
June, 1996: Wilderness Lodge
October, 2003: Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge
August, 2007: Boardwalk Inn/Swan
September, 2008: Bonnet Creek
November, 2009: Animal Kingdom Lodge

queenofhartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:39 PM   #1659
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!
 
nannette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Big Apple
Posts: 1,291

Ok who has done the Richard Petty Experience??? DD wants to do this and I'm not sure how long it takes. I know its one per package and thats great because I have no desire to do this but she wants to do it, so I need to know how long to schedule for it. HELP!!

~Nannette
__________________



nannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:31 AM   #1660
Sugarglider
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 1,050

The Poly IPO has produced the goods!
Right on my 180 day I rec'd my confirmation email from V&A and a PDF confirmation of all my tour bookings.
What I thought was impressive was that La Nouba and Dolphins on my 2nd day couldn't be booked until today. The IPO said "we've booked everything else - here is your confirmation - will book these others tomorrow and write you again to confirm"
If it was me managing that office I would thought that they would just wait until the next day, finished the bookings and then told me the whole lot - but nope - they made sure I knew what was happening on the 180 day mark. I am in Australia and it is something like 6 am in Florida so it will be a few more hours before i hear anything but it has all gone like a dream so far.
__________________
1993 WDW offsite; 2006 DLR offsite; 2008 TDL MiraCosta; 2009 WDW BWI & WL; 2010 WDW CR & BC-CL; 2010 DLR GCH; 2011 WDW PR, OKW & CR; 2012 WDW SSR & AKV; 2014 WDW BWV & GF!!
Check out my blog about Disney, Orlando and Zonta International: Mrs Banks goes to Convention
YAY!
Sugarglider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:52 AM   #1661
2ofUs
DIS Veteran
 
2ofUs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kansas
Posts: 559

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
Ok who has done the Richard Petty Experience??? DD wants to do this and I'm not sure how long it takes. I know its one per package and thats great because I have no desire to do this but she wants to do it, so I need to know how long to schedule for it. HELP!!

~Nannette
Haven't done it but I have read to allow maybe 45 min to an hour maximum for the experience. You arrive, get briefed, load up in the car, take 3-5 really SPEEDY laps (not positive how many, but the ride itself is relatively short) going around the track, then take pictures, etc. and leave. I believe you can call the RP Experience number and they will give you all the info you need. Have fun!

By the way, the course is very near the Poly & the Car Care Center.
__________________


HAPPY TRAVELERS...can't afford it...gotta do it! Now, if only we could fly for free like
2013 5/13-18 YC/POFQ; 2013 Jan 28/31 Disneyland Hotel; 2012 Nov 6/14 AKL/POP; 2012 Mar 14/23 POP/DREAM; 2011 Oct 7 nites on WONDER; Feb 4 nites on DREAM; 2010 Sep 8/16 POP/Bonnet Ck/BLT; 2009 Sep 21/30 & Jan 20/28 POP/SSR & OKW/Bonnet Ck; 2006 Sep 23/30 Poly/OKW; 2005 Jan WLV/Bonnet Ck; 2003 Feb AKL; 2001 Sep off-site; 2000 March AS Music
2ofUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:50 AM   #1662
2ofUs
DIS Veteran
 
2ofUs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kansas
Posts: 559

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofhartz View Post
That's true. We definitely want to experience the pool with DS too. He's really going to love it...I think. I'll have to talk to DH to see how he feels about treating DGP to YC. We're treating them to Schulas as a thank you for watching Elliott, so DH may feel like dinner is enough...I don't know. Right now, I'm just on over the money that we've saved by getting all of this wonderful advice from you guys!! Thank you thank you!!
Speaking as aa Grandparent who's had the pleasure of experiencing both WDW and DL with grandchildren , that in itself is a HUGE treat!

Besides, BC is a great resort and, if they are used to staying there, even the nicest of WDW resorts might not feel like that much of a splurge. I don't mean that in a negative way - I LOVE WDW resorts - but BC did a terrific job with their accommodations and are closer to the parks than some of Disney's own. BC also has great pool areas!

I'm sure the GPs will have a great time with DS while you enjoy your Package! Dinner at Shulas would be icing on the cake!
__________________


HAPPY TRAVELERS...can't afford it...gotta do it! Now, if only we could fly for free like
2013 5/13-18 YC/POFQ; 2013 Jan 28/31 Disneyland Hotel; 2012 Nov 6/14 AKL/POP; 2012 Mar 14/23 POP/DREAM; 2011 Oct 7 nites on WONDER; Feb 4 nites on DREAM; 2010 Sep 8/16 POP/Bonnet Ck/BLT; 2009 Sep 21/30 & Jan 20/28 POP/SSR & OKW/Bonnet Ck; 2006 Sep 23/30 Poly/OKW; 2005 Jan WLV/Bonnet Ck; 2003 Feb AKL; 2001 Sep off-site; 2000 March AS Music
2ofUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:20 PM   #1663
queenofhartz
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 460

Ok, so one more question....

I read elsewhere in this thread that there were reports of being able to use the La Nouba ticket vouchers for a day other than the day of the plat package. For instance, if I'm on the platinum package on October 4, but I wanted to go to La Nouba on October 6, could I do this??

It doesn't make a lot of sense, but the Disboards are usually right, so I just wanted to double check this.
__________________
June, 1996: Wilderness Lodge
October, 2003: Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge
August, 2007: Boardwalk Inn/Swan
September, 2008: Bonnet Creek
November, 2009: Animal Kingdom Lodge

queenofhartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:04 PM   #1664
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo
 
Lehuaann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: TN - from So Cal
Posts: 2,299

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofhartz View Post
Ok, so one more question....

I read elsewhere in this thread that there were reports of being able to use the La Nouba ticket vouchers for a day other than the day of the plat package. For instance, if I'm on the platinum package on October 4, but I wanted to go to La Nouba on October 6, could I do this??

It doesn't make a lot of sense, but the Disboards are usually right, so I just wanted to double check this.
I believe I read the same post several weeks ago and the way I understood it was;

Since they weren't able to use, nor get credit, for the tickets on the dark days of Sun/Mon, the CM gave them vouchers which showed an expiration through the end of the year. Then they thought it might be a good idea to give as Christmas presents and found out they couldn't be transferred, thus not ever using them.
__________________
"'Ohana means family. Family means no one gets left behind ...or forgotten."
Lehuaann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:14 PM   #1665
2ofUs
DIS Veteran
 
2ofUs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kansas
Posts: 559

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofhartz View Post
Ok, so one more question....

I read elsewhere in this thread that there were reports of being able to use the La Nouba ticket vouchers for a day other than the day of the plat package. For instance, if I'm on the platinum package on October 4, but I wanted to go to La Nouba on October 6, could I do this??

It doesn't make a lot of sense, but the Disboards are usually right, so I just wanted to double check this.
2011 La Nouba Performance Times:
Tuesday through Saturday, 6:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. Performances will be available on Monday, December 26, 2011

No performances on Sunday and Monday, or on the following dates:

•January 18 - 22, 2011
•March 22, 2011
•May 17 -22, 2011
•May 24 - 28, 2011
•July 26, 2011
•September 20 - 24, 2011
•November 22, 2011

La Nouba's normal show schedule is Tue-Sat. If your package is during a period of time when the show is 'dark' (see schedule above) they will issue a gift card equal to the cost of admission. Gift cards can be 'spent' on pretty much anything else while you are there. But if your stay starts October 4 (Tues) you will need to go on 1 of the 2 nights covered under your 1-day package.

Looking back at posts #866 - 870, you'll find the following information: If La Nouba is ‘dark’ during your entire Premium/Platinum Plan stay, you will be given gift cards at check-in, valued at $85 for adults, $69 for kids, instead of the usual ticket vouchers for the show. However, gift cards are only given when the show is dark, as in an “out of the ordinary break” and not Sundays and Mondays that are considered permanent dark days and not eligible for gift card compensation.

Interestingly, some posters refer to information on Mousavers (a great website) but Mary even states that she got most of her information regarding 1-day packages from a DISboard forum - in fact THIS forum. There is a ton of information that could be combed through and she consolidated much of it, which is quite helpful. However, there are little blips here & there that could be open to misunderstanding so it is always good to ask questions. Those of us who have 'been there/done that' will try to help.
__________________


HAPPY TRAVELERS...can't afford it...gotta do it! Now, if only we could fly for free like
2013 5/13-18 YC/POFQ; 2013 Jan 28/31 Disneyland Hotel; 2012 Nov 6/14 AKL/POP; 2012 Mar 14/23 POP/DREAM; 2011 Oct 7 nites on WONDER; Feb 4 nites on DREAM; 2010 Sep 8/16 POP/Bonnet Ck/BLT; 2009 Sep 21/30 & Jan 20/28 POP/SSR & OKW/Bonnet Ck; 2006 Sep 23/30 Poly/OKW; 2005 Jan WLV/Bonnet Ck; 2003 Feb AKL; 2001 Sep off-site; 2000 March AS Music

Last edited by 2ofUs; 05-06-2011 at 02:38 PM.
2ofUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fantasmic and LaNouba in the same night? dpmfloyd Disney World Tips 4 01-13-2010 06:56 PM
Fantasmic & LaNouba possible in one night? AutieMom Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies 2 10-02-2009 04:38 PM
Anyone used MYW Premium Plan?? Cplofdisneynutz Disney Restaurants 12 02-11-2006 06:29 AM
Dining plan vs premium plan ejfisher Disney Restaurants 2 01-29-2006 12:18 PM
MYW Premium Plan ????? wasabi girl Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies 3 12-08-2004 11:39 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: