Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2010, 02:28 PM   #151
Symans3honeybees
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan55 View Post
I guess that's just the luck of the draw. I would plan a few things that aren't weather dependant. (meals and a few indoor activities) I doubt they let you change dates due to rain.
We planned most outdoor activities during the morning hours. I was told that we could still golf when it rains(except thunderstorm threatens)
I believe in the Disney Magic...
Old 03-18-2010, 10:15 PM   #152
dclfun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom21 View Post
I never come to this board, so I am very happy I happened upon this thread. I have been planning my trip for a week. How does this sound:

Nov 28 Check into AKL Savannah view for 2 nights with Platinum Plan
Lunch in room dining
massage
Yachtsman
Epcot fireworks cruise YC marina

Nov 29
Breakfast in room
Richard Petty (this is just a maybe--long story but not sure if I'm going with my dd or my hopefully by then fiance)
mini golf
sea raycers

If going with dd then no Richard and will do Aqua Seas instead
Victoria and Alberts
carriage ride at POR

Nov 30- send over luggage to Poly for a 5 night stay MK view with DXDP--run over and pick up keys so we have enough credits for lunch--also will use monorail to get to Epcot from Poly
Breakfast in room before departing AKL
Dolphins in Depth 9:45
Coral Reef for lunch using dining credit off Poly reservation
Cirque 6pm
Fultons 8pm
Flights of Wonder (I know not included but I never get around to doing it)--OOPS editing-I think it is Flights of Adventure but whatever----the balloon--LOL

I'm open to any suggestions. I have until 6/1 to work this out to start making ADR. Thanks
Sounds great! My only concern is your Day 1 lunch- this presumes your room is ready early. If not, I'm sure you can grab lunch elsewhere. Where are you doing your massage? ---Kathy

Skye sitting in the "poop deck" on the Disney Dream, April, 2011. We just returned from a back to back cruise on the Dream, so she's now sailed 12 times on DCL!
dclfun is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2010, 10:26 PM   #153
Mom21
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclfun View Post
Sounds great! My only concern is your Day 1 lunch- this presumes your room is ready early. If not, I'm sure you can grab lunch elsewhere. Where are you doing your massage? ---Kathy
True, but I am sure if it isn't we can get something somewhere easily. That is just my preference. As far as the massage I was just thinking stay at AKL so I can go back and take a shower before dinner to get any oils off and change. Much quicker. I really am a lazy person I want to get the most for my money but not have to work for it. Oh got my room today .....AKL Jambo house-Deluxe studio--should I spring for the 1 bedroom? I'm thinking not since we will be very busy.
Old 03-20-2010, 05:32 PM   #154
breick
Mouseketeer

A quick question about the meals...on the Disney site PDF file, it states 1 breakfast, lunch and dinner and 2 snacks for each night of my stay. Do they have to be used as those meals or can I do 1 dinner on the first day and 1 lunch and 1 dinner on the second day?

[img]http://www.asdreamersdo.com/images/dis/fw**********003.gif[/img]
breick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:33 PM   #155
KBazzel
Mouseketeer

The meals can be used in any order that you'd like but you only have 3 for the 2 days.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:58 PM   #156
breick
Mouseketeer

I thought so. I just wasn't sure by the way it was worded. Thanks.

[img]http://www.asdreamersdo.com/images/dis/fw**********003.gif[/img]
breick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 01:05 AM   #157
ScottOKW2K
Wishing I was working for a REAL Mickey Mouse operation !

Finished all my planning to our "single night" on the premier plan. In no particular order my wife m daughter and myself will over two days do the following :

Fort Wilderness Segway
Epcot Segway
Fort Wilderness horseback riding - wife and daughter
Deluxe parasailing both afternoons
breakfast at Boma
Supper at Hoop-Dee-Doo
supper at Jiko
viewing area for both Wishes and Illuminations

Wanted to do La Nouba but it is dark both days.

We are going to be sooo tired when that second day is done - I am already looking forward to that king bed at Kidani !
ScottOKW2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 06:35 PM   #158
arilvdc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottOKW2K View Post
Finished all my planning to our "single night" on the premier plan. In no particular order my wife m daughter and myself will over two days do the following :

Fort Wilderness Segway
Epcot Segway
Fort Wilderness horseback riding - wife and daughter
Deluxe parasailing both afternoons
breakfast at Boma
Supper at Hoop-Dee-Doo
supper at Jiko
viewing area for both Wishes and Illuminations

Wanted to do La Nouba but it is dark both days.

We are going to be sooo tired when that second day is done - I am already looking forward to that king bed at Kidani !

When are you going? I ask because I was told that it's better to parasail in the mornings in case of bad weather in the afternoons. They said it was especially true in the summer, when there are usually thunderstorms every afternoon.
arilvdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 09:11 PM   #159
beautifultomorrow
DIS Veteran

Has anyone who is doing the platinum plan run into any issues using it to dine at Victoria and Albert's?

The reason I ask is because on this page: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/vac...2010/platinum/
about half way down it talks about the plan including signature dining experiences but excludes Victoria and Albert's.

I am assuming this is a mistake (like they copied the info from Premium but forgot to change it), since the pdf linked on this very same page says Platinum plan does include V&A. Any thoughts?
beautifultomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 09:51 PM   #160
Mom21
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifultomorrow View Post
Has anyone who is doing the platinum plan run into any issues using it to dine at Victoria and Albert's?

The reason I ask is because on this page: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/vac...2010/platinum/
about half way down it talks about the plan including signature dining experiences but excludes Victoria and Albert's.

I am assuming this is a mistake (like they copied the info from Premium but forgot to change it), since the pdf linked on this very same page says Platinum plan does include V&A. Any thoughts?
yes we chatted about this a few pages ago. I'm calling Vic and Alberts tomorrow before I make my final decision. I'll let you know.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:26 PM   #161
ScottOKW2K
Wishing I was working for a REAL Mickey Mouse operation !

Quote:
Originally Posted by arilvdc View Post
When are you going? I ask because I was told that it's better to parasail in the mornings in case of bad weather in the afternoons. They said it was especially true in the summer, when there are usually thunderstorms every afternoon.
The time we are using the package for is the first full weekend in June. I know from experience about the 3 pm showers but the segway tours are only provided in the morning hours at both Epcot and Ft. Wilderness. Barring an bad weather I decided that the nice breeze from the parasailing would feel good in the hot afternoon - save the cooler morning for the "slower" activities.

Even if we don't do the parasailing at all, I'm still happy. The meals alone (inside) or the segway tours alone (morning) would cover the cost of the premium plan. I do know that I haven't been this excited about an upcoming Disney trip in years - and I always look forward to my trip to the land of the Mouse !
ScottOKW2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:21 PM   #162
Leigha
DIS Veteran

My head is spinning with all the possibilities!!! I LOVE it!!! A few questions - has anyone done the Aqua Seas and Dolphin tours? Which is better? I haven't seen the surfing lessons mentioned - are they a no go?? If parasailing only lasts 10-12 mintues, can you do it more than twice in a row?? How will I sleep?! Can we/should we afford it? How can we pass it up as this surely can't last?! How can we fit it all in?! Sweet Disney Dreams for sure tonight! Thanks OP for planting the seed of possibility for so many people!
Leigha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:05 AM   #163
beautifultomorrow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom21 View Post
yes we chatted about this a few pages ago. I'm calling Vic and Alberts tomorrow before I make my final decision. I'll let you know.
geez, how did I miss that!? keep me posted!
beautifultomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:11 AM   #164
arilvdc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifultomorrow View Post

It is a mistake, for sure. I have mine booked already, and the CM at V&A's assured me that the platinum package IS accepted.
arilvdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:04 AM   #165
maggiew
If she hates to be wet, then how does the survive bathing?

Version 3.0 of our plans:

Day 1:
Keys to the Kingdom (8:30 - 1:30) - includes lunch
Portrait Session at Poly
Spirit of Aloha (5:15 - 7:15)
Priority viewing of Wishes (9)

Day 2:
Snack for Breakfast
EPCOT segway tour (8:30 - 10:30)
Snack to hold us over til lunch
EPCOT AquaSeas (12:30 - 3 pm)
Lunch Tutto Italia
La Nouba (6 - 7:30)
Priority Viewing of Illuminations (9)
Dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse (~9:30)

I estimate it costs us $328 to add the premium plan for this one night. I estimate the cost of the activities to be around $1081 (not including portrait session, since I don't know how much this is). So we will definitely get our money's worth.

Do you think its too much to do the Segway tour and then the AquaSeas tour?

I'm seriously tempted to do this for one night/two days. Then head over to Universal for the other 5 nights of our trip?? I already have 5 day passes to Universal that I bought a long time ago and never used. And I'd like to see Harry Potter. Hmmmm But it will depend on what happens with discounts/free dining for late Aug.

Maggie
Prince Sakura Hotel TDR * Marriott Residence Inn LBV Dec 2013 * Hotel Cheyenne DLPR May 2013 * Aulani July 2012 * Royal Pacific July 2011 * Pop Century Aug 2010 * Disneyland Oct 2009 * Beach Club July 2009 * AsMo Dec 2007 Mousefest! * Old Key West July 2006 * Pop Century Dec. 2005 Mousefest! * Sheraton Safari July 2005 * Pop Century/Portofino Bay Hotel August 2004 * Coronado Springs Nov 2003 * Dolphin June 2003 * POR Nov/Dec 2002 * AsMu 1999 * AsSp 1997

Last edited by maggiew; 03-22-2010 at 09:44 AM.
maggiew is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: