Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2011, 07:16 PM   #1546
Sugarglider
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifultomorrow View Post
From what I have heard the IPO can be inconsistent about making first contact -- sometimes they do it and sometimes they don't. I would go ahead and contact them yourself to get the ball rolling, there's no guarantee they'll contact you before your 180-day mark.
Thanks for your advice
Sugarglider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:19 PM   #1547
Tiggs14
DIS Veteran

I "think" we're going to book the one night premium the night before our 2 week free dining package starts but am still sitting on the line...If anyone could answer a few questions it would be great appreciated

Has anyone taken younger kids to Sammy Duvall's specifically parasailing, personal water craft and tubing? Our boys are 6 and 7 and are absolute dare devils that love water and speed. I'm just worried it may turn out to be too much for them?

Has anyone repeated water sports done on the first day the second day? If so we're they as good/fun the second/third time?

Scheduling wise how long does parasailing take? I know you're only up in the air for 10 minutes but how long does the boat ride out, setup and take all the gear off take? From dock to dock (start to finish) how long are we looking at? This would be for a tandem parasail if that makes it any longer.

What kind of weather cancels the water sports? Light rain, down pours, tunder storms? We're going in August when rain is a big issue would hate to lose all time at Sammy Duvall's because of rain showers.

Are dinner shows specifically Hoop Dee Doo Review and Mickey's Backyard BBQ one credit each on the premium plan or are they two? Disney told me one my travel agent says they are two...someone is obviously wrong!

Thanks to anyone that can help with any of the above.

September 3rd - 13th, 2009 ~ Pop Century / August 18th - September 1st, 2010 ~ Pop Century / August 9th - 23rd, 2011 ~ Pop Century / April 17th - April 25th, 2012 ~ All Star Sports /
March 1st - March 9th, 2013 ~ Disney Magic / November 14 - 21st, 2013 ~ Port Orleans Riverside
Tiggs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2011, 02:00 PM   #1548
let'sgo
DIS Veteran

How long does parasailing take?

I was going by myself and two other people were put with me. We were out for about 50 minutes. There was a problem with the parachute and it ended up in the water so it had to be untangled which counted for the extra time.

Dinner shows are 1 credit on the premium plan or platinum plan. On the other plans they are 2 credits, which is where the TA is getting confused.

I've heard that if there is bad weather that Sammys is very good about rescheduling.
let'sgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 03:36 PM   #1549
disneyyes
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggs14 View Post
I "think" we're going to book the one night premium the night before our 2 week free dining package starts but am still sitting on the line...If anyone could answer a few questions it would be great appreciated

Has anyone taken younger kids to Sammy Duvall's specifically parasailing, personal water craft and tubing? Our boys are 6 and 7 and are absolute dare devils that love water and speed. I'm just worried it may turn out to be too much for them?

Has anyone repeated water sports done on the first day the second day? If so we're they as good/fun the second/third time?

Scheduling wise how long does parasailing take? I know you're only up in the air for 10 minutes but how long does the boat ride out, setup and take all the gear off take? From dock to dock (start to finish) how long are we looking at? This would be for a tandem parasail if that makes it any longer.

What kind of weather cancels the water sports? Light rain, down pours, tunder storms? We're going in August when rain is a big issue would hate to lose all time at Sammy Duvall's because of rain showers.

Are dinner shows specifically Hoop Dee Doo Review and Mickey's Backyard BBQ one credit each on the premium plan or are they two? Disney told me one my travel agent says they are two...someone is obviously wrong!

Thanks to anyone that can help with any of the above.
I can tell you definitely that the Hoop Dee Doo required ONE Premium credit for our July 2010 Premium getaway. Any signature meal that usually requires two credits is ONLY ONE CREDIT on Premium or Platinum. We also ate at Fulton's and Narcoossee's and each of those used one credit each.

One exception: Victoria & Albert's is not included on Premium at all; that is only available on Platinum.

Last edited by disneyyes; 04-10-2011 at 03:37 PM. Reason: more info
disneyyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 05:22 PM   #1550
TinkOhio
DIS Veteran

My DD13 and I did the parasialing and loved it! We had to do a tandem ride. First, they put the gear on her, then on me. It took under than 5 minutes for both of us to put it on. They were really quick! One really nice guy helped us while another guy drove us out into the lake. DD sat down on the ground with her legs out in fron in a V, and I stood behind her. They put out the parasail and within a few seconds, she, and then I were gently lifted up.

Really, there was nothing to it. It would be a piece of cake for a young child. The only thing that could pose a problem would be if someone didn't like heights. They gave us a signal to use if we got up there and wanted to come down. We didn't use it because it was so fun! It was very gentle. It felt more like floating than flying, if that makes sense.

The whole thing took less than a half hour. We chose to purchase the photo package because we figured that it might be a long time before we did it again. The really nice guy took photos of us with a professional style camera and gave us the memory card (SD) with the images right then. It cost $25 and had around 15 shots on it.

We're really glad that we did it. It's something we'll never forget.

Oh, yes- if there is rain or thunder during your scheduled time and they can't go out, you can go there and they will charge Disney for a session and give you a voucher to use later. It was a real no-brainer for us.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:27 PM   #1551
Dizney73
DIS Veteran

We parasailed last July while lightening was looming in a distance...they have a radio and were constantly in contact with Disney people who call off all activities on property due to thunderstorms.

We also jetskied while it rained! It stung but was really the only time we got wet jet skiing!

We parasailed 2 days in a row and it was equally cool both times! We jetskied on day 1 and loved it so much that we scheduled another run on day 2 when we had a spare hour

Loved the water sports!!!
Old 04-11-2011, 01:16 PM   #1552
MoonFaerie
DIS Veteran

Am I correct that I read somewhere that on the fireworks cruises you might have other people in your boat? Has anyone had this happen? I was thinking about ordering chocolate covered strawberries & champagne for the cruise, but that might be awkward if there are others on the cruise.

MoonFaerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:23 PM   #1553
DCDisney
On my way...

Any more news on Wild Africa Trek being included on platinum? It seems like there is conflicting info and I need to decide which day of the week I want based on WAT.
DCDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:32 PM   #1554
kungaloosh22
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonFaerie View Post
Am I correct that I read somewhere that on the fireworks cruises you might have other people in your boat? Has anyone had this happen? I was thinking about ordering chocolate covered strawberries & champagne for the cruise, but that might be awkward if there are others on the cruise.
I don't know from first hand experience, but yes, you might be grouped with other people.

For my upcoming Wishes cruise, I'm actually hoping for several other people so we get a bigger boat. I understand the smaller boats don't have any music piped in. For Illuminations cruises, I don't think that's an issue.
kungaloosh22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:23 PM   #1555
Tiggs14
DIS Veteran

A huge thank you to all those that posted answers. You were all very helpful

We've decided we're going ahead with the 1 night premium package

Now a transportation question you...we will be staying at Pop during and after the premium package and need to be at the Contemporary for 7am for the fishing excursion...is that doable using Disney transportation as we won't have a car?

September 3rd - 13th, 2009 ~ Pop Century / August 18th - September 1st, 2010 ~ Pop Century / August 9th - 23rd, 2011 ~ Pop Century / April 17th - April 25th, 2012 ~ All Star Sports /
March 1st - March 9th, 2013 ~ Disney Magic / November 14 - 21st, 2013 ~ Port Orleans Riverside
Tiggs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 06:51 PM   #1556
DCDisney
On my way...

You will need to take a cab that early. It will be around $20 including tip.
DCDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 06:52 PM   #1557
MoonFaerie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kungaloosh22 View Post
I don't know from first hand experience, but yes, you might be grouped with other people.

For my upcoming Wishes cruise, I'm actually hoping for several other people so we get a bigger boat. I understand the smaller boats don't have any music piped in. For Illuminations cruises, I don't think that's an issue.
Yeah, you don't need the music piped in for Illuminations. The boats are "parked" under the bridge between France and the UK, so you can hear the music just fine.

We'll be watching Wishes from Cali Grill on a different night, so we'll be doing to Illuminations Cruise.

Here's some of the video from our Illuminations Cruise in Dec 09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6wuCNFdafM

Last edited by MoonFaerie; 04-11-2011 at 07:27 PM.
MoonFaerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:36 PM   #1558
Zife
Mouseketeer

So, my planning is pretty much done. I think. This is the way my ADRs stand as of right now:

Wednesday, Oct 5
7:00am(ish) - Check in at GF for 1 night stay
7:30am - Breakfast at Grand Floridian Cafe (this will be the final meal from our DxDP from the previous few days)
9:00-11:00am - Around the World at Epcot
12:30am-3:00pm - Epcot Aqua Seas Tour (we'll likely grab a snack or two before and after this tour)
3:00-5:00pm - Go back to hotel to change, shower, get ready for V&A
5:00pm - Victoria and Albert's
8:00pm - Wishes Cruise (I realize this is cutting it a bit close with V&A, but the IPO said they should be able to make it work fine, and if not, we'll just miss the Wishes cruise)

Thursday, Oct 6
7:00am(ish) - Room Service breakfast, check out
8:30am-1:00pm - Keys to the Kingdom
2:45-3:30pm - Archery at Fort Wildnerness
6:00pm - La Nouba
9:00pm - Fulton's Crab House

We were hoping to do a massage, but it looks like unless we take out the Archery, a massage just won't fit.

Anything people want to mention to make this better, feel free! Oh, and we have a car, so won't be relying on Disney Transport.

Jan 2014? - Walt Disney World Marathon
Aug 2013 - California/D23/Disneyland Adventure
Sept/Oct 2011 - AKL, DxDP/GF, Platinum/Off World
Dec 2009 - AKL, DxDP
Feb 2008 - Off World/AKL/POFQ/Off World
May 1998 - Off World
Zife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:59 PM   #1559
marivaid
My mother is a Pluto molester.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zife View Post
We were hoping to do a massage, but it looks like unless we take out the Archery, a massage just won't fit.
Do you have more days before/after ? The archery only costs $25, so maybe you could pay that OOP on another day and enjoy a massage instead.

December 2006 ASMO & POFQ ** July 2007 Poly, BWI & Pop ** October 2007 AKL & Pop **
December 2007 ASMU, WL, BC & POFQ ** April 2008 Pop & CSR ** July 2008 Poly ** January 2009 CSR **
July 2009 CSR ** January 2010 HRH ** August 2010 CSR ** October 2010 CSR ** March 2011 CSR **
marivaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:00 PM   #1560
PatriciaH
I want to be an Imagineer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDisney View Post
Any more news on Wild Africa Trek being included on platinum? It seems like there is conflicting info and I need to decide which day of the week I want based on WAT.
I gave IPO my reservations today for November and they said it is not included on the Platinum Plan at this time but if anything changes they will let us know. I hope they add it!

This is what I have so far:

Day 1
Check in to Wilderness Lodge around 7am to get keys
Snack #1-Roaring Fork, pick up mugs
830am-1030am-Wilderness Back Trail Segway ($95.85 x 2)
1130am-1230pm-Horseback Riding ($42.00 x 2)
1230pm-130pm-Snack #2/light meal Roaring Fork
130pm-3pm-Deluxe Parasailing Tandem and Single, Tubing, Jet Ski Free Ride ($195, $130 x 2, $85, $80 x 2)
330pm-430pm-Massages at Sturdy Branches WL ($120 x 2)
530pm-830pm-Victoria and Albert's ($125 x 2)
830pm-930pm (aprox)-Wishes Fireworks Cruise ($350 aprox)

Day 2
Room Service Breakfast (OOP) or Snacks
945am-1245pm-Dolphins in Depth ($206.62 x 2)
1230pm-3pm-Aqua Seas ($149.10 x 2)
330pm-5pm-Fulton's Crab House ($150 aprox)
6pm-730pm-La Nouba ($105 + tax x 2)
830pm-10pm-California Grill (mostly for sushi as we will probably still be stuffed from Fulton's)
CD $99

I may add on a room only night the night before or after our plan. I am thinking before to see the beach movies and relax at the pool.

I added everything up and we are at a little over $3,000 for the 2 days! Even with the extra $169 I am paying for the room (no discount,) the $458 for the PP and tips this is about a $2,324 + savings. I would love the WAT to be included and the photo session too.
78 Off Site, 89 Off Site, 93 Caribbean Beach, 94 Wilderness Lodge, 94 Caribbean Beach, 96 Dixie Landings, 99 Port Orleans, 00 Disneyland Hotel, 01 Coronado Springs, 02 Coronado Springs, 02 Port Orleans FQ, 03 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 03 Marriott DT Disney/Wilderness Lodge, 04 Animal Kingdom Lodge/Disney Wonder, October 04 Living in Celebration and loving it! 05 Paradise Pier/Grand Californian, 07 Disney Wonder, 07 Grand Floridian, 08 Yacht Club, 08 Adventures By Disney Viva Italia/Knights and Lights/DL Paris, 09 Grand Floridian, 09 Candy Cane Inn/1st D23 Expo, 09 Polynesian, 10 Summer Nightastic, 10 F&W's 15th, 11 Candy Cane Inn/DL/DCA, 11 D23 Scavenger Hunt, 11 Wilderness Lodge/F&W/MNSS/HHN/MVMCP/15th Anniversary Trip, 11 Xmas Trip, 12 WD Family Museum/DL Hotel, 12 F&G, 12 Sept Trip, 12 Wilderness Cabins/F&W/HHN/Fall Trip, 13 January WDW Trip, 13 Paradise Pier/DL/DCA/Cars Land, 13 Sea World/Universal/WDW, 13 Disney Dream/F&W, 14 HHN/F&W
224+ out of 224:
PatriciaH is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: