Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2010, 06:10 PM   #91
Malaguti Ball Clan
aka the MALABALL an unstoppable family of fun

Way to go Congressman Robert Wittman of Virginia!! Just received our confirmation...Woooohoooooo

Number of Adults: 4
Date of Visit: September 26, 2010
The tickets may be picked up at the KSC Group Sales Office (located at KSC’s Visitor Center) any time after 9AM on the day of the tour. The Center opens at 9AM and the bus tours begin running at 9:45AM and run every 15 minutes. Tour passes will be held at the Visitor Center and should be picked up as soon as possible, but no later than 2PM to ensure that the constituents do not miss the tour.
These tickets include:
- admission to the Main Complex, including all exhibits and shows
- Bus tour which includes the LC-39 Observation Gantry, International Space Station Center, and the Apollo Saturn V Center
- Opportunity to see both IMAX Movies
- Visit to the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame which includes museum of personal artifacts and interactive activity floor simulators
- Tickets valid for two days of admission (must be used within 7 days of first use)
An interactive map of the KSC Visitor Center Complex can be found at the following internet site: http://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/html/ksc_vc.htm.
Enjoy!

SSR/OKW/SOG 14 days June 2009
DCL/AKL Jambo 12 days Sep/Oct 2010
Malaguti Ball Clan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 06:29 PM   #92
misseulalie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlySwan View Post
^^^ Your husband is right. Many people are not happy with Obama's call on this one, including Neil Armstrong. Read on:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...775979&ps=cprs

AND

http://www.universetoday.com/2010/01...ridas-economy/

Many people have failed to realize how important space exploration has been to the advancement of technologies.
Don't worry about KSC not being open. The "theme" park is different than the actual operations of the Cape, Even if there are no shuttle launches. There are rocket launches still happening and those will continue.
The park earns money for the memorials and education. The only thing the park has in common with the launches is the bus tour to visit the launchpad. Otherwise, it's mainly a tribute to NASA's past.

Get the tickets, it will be open!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2010, 09:36 PM   #93
Lucky'sMom
DIS Veteran

Any Pennsylvanians able to get the free tickets? I'm not having any luck. I contacted my Senator, Bob Casey, about 3 or 4 weeks ago, and have gotten no reply. Sent a 2nd email, again, no reply. I contacted my Congressman about a year ago concerning this, and they knew nothing of it and said they couldn't help me (Jason Altmire). Rats!

2014-June, Windsor Hills pool home and HRH; 2012-July, RPR and Reunion resort pool home; May,Marriott's Grande Vista; 2011 -Jan: CSR; May: CBR; 2009 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek Presidential Suite!; 2008 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek and RPR; 2007 - POR, Wonder Cruise, BWV; 2006 - Springhill Suites, UO and PBH, Nick Hotel; 2005 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins; 2003 - Poly, OKW, AsMo; 2002 - UO and RPR; 2001 - Sheraton Vistana Villages; 2000 - Holiday Inn Family Suites, ASMu; 1996 - Swan; 1995 - Swan, ASSp, ASMu; 1994 - POFQ
Lucky'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:24 PM   #94
turning40withMickey
I can shine with my DIS friends divine as we relate what we fine (find) on the CB threads
Imagine this dumb thing I did today…

I have tried the past two years to get tickets. Nope.
My latest call said they don't have tix to give out.

PA, no so lucky
Old 06-14-2010, 09:15 PM   #95
psugrad99
Earning My Ears

I am from PA and I contacted my House Rep (Tim Murphy) early April and I was able to get 4 tickets for Oct. I provided some info that I had learned about on the boards and they contacted me within a week asking for specific dates. It was about another week when I received an email confirming my tickets. It seemed that most people contacted their House rep and not their Senator.

DCL - Land & Sea - Nov 2004, Western Double Dip - Nov 2006, Land & Sea - Dec 2008, East Caribbean - Oct 2010 - Takin' the In Laws, 5 Night Double Dip on the Dream - April 2012, West Caribbean - Oct 2013, West Caribbean - Oct 2015

WDW - Caribbean Beach & MNSSHP - Oct 2012, Port Orleans Riverside - April 2013, VGF - Nov 2014

psugrad99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 02:44 PM   #96
turning40withMickey
I can shine with my DIS friends divine as we relate what we fine (find) on the CB threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by psugrad99 View Post
I am from PA and I contacted my House Rep (Tim Murphy) early April and I was able to get 4 tickets for Oct. I provided some info that I had learned about on the boards and they contacted me within a week asking for specific dates. It was about another week when I received an email confirming my tickets. It seemed that most people contacted their House rep and not their Senator.
Thanks for the information, psugrad99.

I have contacted my representative several times (Jason Altmire) and he says no tickets are available (well, I never spoke to him personally, but his office...) Oh well!

Enjoy your visit, I am glad you were able to get tickets! Have a great trip!
Old 06-15-2010, 03:02 PM   #97
turning40withMickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky'sMom View Post
Any Pennsylvanians able to get the free tickets? I'm not having any luck. I contacted my Senator, Bob Casey, about 3 or 4 weeks ago, and have gotten no reply. Sent a 2nd email, again, no reply. I contacted my Congressman about a year ago concerning this, and they knew nothing of it and said they couldn't help me (Jason Altmire). Rats!

My rep is Jason Altmire, also. Guess you and I will have to spend more time at Disney instead of the Space Center! I did send another email to his office today, after psugrad99 said she got tickets..... I will keep you posted if that gets any reply
Old 06-16-2010, 12:17 PM   #98
mrebuck
Mouseketeer

I'm from central PA. My rep (Tim Holden) initially said he couldn't get me tickets, but then responded a couple of weeks later saying he was able to get me the 4 I requested.
mrebuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:36 AM   #99
niklynn1
Mouseketeer

Will we have time?

I am planning on flying in the day before our cruise departure, but our flight does not land at MCO until 12:30 pm. Do you think we would still have time to take advantage of this offer? It is much more expensive to fly in another day in advance.
New Year's Eve Cruise on the Wonder- December 2010
The Disneyland Hotel - May/June 2012

Me DD19 DS16

Last edited by niklynn1; 06-17-2010 at 09:36 AM. Reason: typo
niklynn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 05:03 PM   #100
classicdisney
Earning My Ears

Kennedy space center

Just got my email from my Congressman for 4 tickets to the Space center. I will be able to pick up the tickets at will call on Dec 11th. I emailed my congressman Darral Issa in late May. Good luck to everyone else trying to get tickets.
classicdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:46 PM   #101
dbarker
Mouseketeer
You can't miss my DH. He's a big burly USMC redneck w/ a fanny pack and acting like a kid who can't wait for the next ride at WDW.

I just found this. I had no idea such a program existed.

I just e-mailed my congressman. I will let you know what he says.

I know I am early, but I want to have plenty of time to fix any snafu that might arise.
dbarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:18 PM   #102
mom2OandE
Mouseketeer

Just emailed my congressman! I hope it works. It is dh's birthday when we go and he would die to do this!
11/2010 Disney Wonder & All Star Music - 09/2008 AKL - 2007 Cornado Springs - 2007 Pop Century - 2006 All Star Sports - 2005 All Star Movies - 2004 French Quarter - 2001 Off Property - 1997 - All Star Sports-1994 Polynesian - 1990 Off Property - Many more weekend trips that I can't recall
mom2OandE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:18 PM   #103
princess crazy
Completely blown away by the love and kindness of the special people here!
Mommy to a very happy Pin Princess!

Thanks for this post and can anyone tell me exactly who is best to contact for these tickets? I'm not clear if it should be Senator, Congressman, or Representative? Is there one that would be better over the other??
princess crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:43 PM   #104
Jey12
DIS Veteran

Thanks for a great post, I had no idea this program even existed! I have been a huge NASA supporter since I first saw the movie Space Camp. I won't say how old I was because just knowing about that movie shows my age as it is. I also had no idea your congressman could help you get tickets to a launch. I have a good friend running for congress in my area and I might have to bug her about that when she wins office.

It's a shame we are flying in too late the day before the cruise to take advantage. This would still be a great minivacation if the airfare prices are right for later next year. I would love to see a launch but even to visit the KSC would be awesome, especially since there aren't that many launch opprotunities left.

Thanks again! Great post!
Jey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:17 AM   #105
Keira1387
Married at Disney August 2, 2008

I just sent an email to my congressman. I'll let you know when I hear back. Fingers crossed!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: