Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2010, 09:30 AM   #61
DisneyAndRedSox
I still call it a WEDWay PeopleMover!

I am giving it a try for my parents! They are driving us to Port Canaveral for our cruise and are planning on going to Kennedy after dropping us off. It would be wonderful if I can get them in for free since they are taking us to and from the port!

I will let you know if our Congressman comes though!

DVC Trips:
Feb '14- Aulani dream trip cancelled due to snow (obviously Mother Nature is not a Disney fan); May '14- AKV Kidani, BCV; May '15- Pending lots of Pixie Dust... VGC, Aulani
DisneyAndRedSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:35 AM   #62
iwrbnd
DIS Veteran

I'm from Missouri and did this. They contacted me by phone and texting. The man who helped me was very nice and answered me quickly each time. He got us tour tickets and is working on launch causeway tickets!

iwrbnd is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2010, 09:49 AM   #63
stampingoddess
Mouseketeer

I wrote to our Congressman last week after reading about this perk on the boards. Haven't heard anything one way or the other, but I'll keep you posted. I figure if we can get free tickets for Kennedy then we'll have a bot mre $$ to spend on an excersion on the cruise- thinking parasailing!
stampingoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:09 PM   #64
zalansky

DIS Veteran

I got my response today! Says we need to give them the date we want to go. I am ok with that, woo hoo! Here it the response:

NASA does offer constituents complimentary passes to visit the Kennedy Space Center (up to 4 people) through their Members offices. Please submit the following up to six months in advance of requested tour date.

Contact name for reservation
Address
# of adults
# of children (ages 3-11)
Date of tour

Confirmation will be faxed to our office once processed.

**NASA has reached its monthly allocation and is no longer accepting requests for March, April, and June**

Thank you

zalansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:18 PM   #65
DisneyAndRedSox
I still call it a WEDWay PeopleMover!

I emailed my parent's congressman yesterday, I just heard back. We are too early (need tix for Feb 2011), but she said to contact her again in Aug and she will put in for the tickets.

Thanks for the head's up on this! My Mom was psyched when I told her!

DVC Trips:
Feb '14- Aulani dream trip cancelled due to snow (obviously Mother Nature is not a Disney fan); May '14- AKV Kidani, BCV; May '15- Pending lots of Pixie Dust... VGC, Aulani
DisneyAndRedSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 03:19 PM   #66
tcastel
Earning My Ears

I heard back from my congressman's office here in Massachusetts yesterday and was advised that they can only get the tickets 6 months in advance. We're cruising end of April next year so we were advised to respond back to the email in September and they would start working on it.
tcastel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 03:38 PM   #67
latrischler
Earning My Ears

SWEET! Heard back from my congressman. We can't get them for April (spring break) but we CAN get them for when we go back in September! Happy Happy Happy!

Sept 4-11, 2010 - off-site
latrischler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:35 PM   #68
psugrad99
Earning My Ears

I just emailed my local congressmen for tickets in October. I'll post any responses I get back.

Thanks OP for this tip. I too have a day to fill between our cruise and our flight home so this will be perfect.

DCL - Land & Sea - Nov 2004, Western Double Dip - Nov 2006, Land & Sea - Dec 2008, East Caribbean - Oct 2010 - Takin' the In Laws, 5 Night Double Dip on the Dream - April 2012, West Caribbean - Oct 2013, West Caribbean - Oct 2015

WDW - Caribbean Beach & MNSSHP - Oct 2012, Port Orleans Riverside - April 2013, VGF - Nov 2014

psugrad99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:03 AM   #69
pmickus
Mouseketeer

Just heard back from Sen. Warner's office. I have 4 complimentary tickets to KSC for our upcoming July trip. Thanks OP for letting me know about this program. You save me $165!!!!
pmickus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:39 PM   #70
mrebuck
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrebuck View Post
I just heard back from my Congressman (I'm in PA). He said they could help me get tickets to a launch, but not free admission tickets. Oh well - guess we'll have to start collecting OJ points!
First the good news. . . my Congressman just emailed me again, with a confirmation for 4 free tickets!

Now my problem . . . When he originally emailed last month and said he couldn't get any tickets for me, I collected Tropicana points for the buy one get one free all day experience and booked that experience. In addition to the general admission, IMAX, etc, it includes lunch with an astronaut, the Discover KSC bus tour and two $20 coupons to spend at the retail shop. The cost to me for my family of 4 is $149. Now I need to decide whether to just stick with the basic admission (which is totally free) or use the coupons for the day experience. My kids are bound to spend at least $40 in the gift shop, so the real extra cost is probably more like $109.

Has anyone done the lunch or Discovery KSC bus tour? Is it worth spending the extra money? (We're not on a real tight budget, so I'd be willing to do it if it is fun/interesting.) If it matters, my DDs are 8 and 10 and both are interested in the space program but not fanatical about it.
mrebuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:37 PM   #71
JanyJan
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the tip. I hope this is still an active program when we go to Nov 2011!
JanyJan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:00 AM   #72
DeannaMKB
Mouseketeer

Does anyone have any ideas how Canadians could cash in on free tickets somehow? That would really help a lot! But I don't know who to ask. I did email the Canadian Space Agency the other day but haven't heard back.

DeannaMKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:54 PM   #73
zalansky

DIS Veteran

I just got my confirmation email

Thank you so much, OP!

We did have to pick a specific date, which we did for August. They have us general admission tickets 2 adults, 2 kids, plus a bus tour, both IMAX movies and a visit to the astronaut hall of fame. Our tix are good for 2 days.

I am so excited!

zalansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:02 PM   #74
cntkg1
Runs with Scissors!!
shakes dollar bills for good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanyJan View Post
Thanks for the tip. I hope this is still an active program when we go to Nov 2011!

I mentioned this thread to my DH last night and was also hoping to get a few for Oct of 2011. But, he thought he heard somewhere that KSC may not exist as we know it next year. Something about the space program being "on hold"???? Perhaps that only affects the launches though?

I hope he's wrong.
cntkg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:20 PM   #75
disneydreamer98
Lifelong Disney Lover

Wow, I had no clue about this! We were talking about taking the boys there for the first time after our June trip. This would make it a for sure thing if we could get free tickets! I just emailed a letter off to Congressman Peters! Will let you know if I have any success!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: