Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2012, 08:35 AM   #406
Ward On Board
Mouseketeer

Thank you for this wonderful information! I emailed our Congressman, Howard Coble, Sunday night and received a call from his office around 11:30 a.m. Monday! They are submitting my request to KSC and will let me know the results, but she said that I am the first from our area to call in for our December date. Yay!!!

Disney Dream December 2012
Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter December 2012
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside December 2013
Ward On Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:55 AM   #407
Ward On Board
Mouseketeer

Bummed. The representative called me today and told me that there were no tickets left for December. So sad.

Disney Dream December 2012
Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter December 2012
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside December 2013
Ward On Board is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2012, 08:24 PM   #408
mmdis
Earning My Ears

Got my email conformation for my free tickets for our February 2013 trip. One bit of information that I not not sceen in these threads is that you don't need to go on a specific date you have a 7 day range that you can go with your free tickets.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:47 PM   #409
MTmomma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmdis View Post
Got my email conformation for my free tickets for our February 2013 trip. One bit of information that I not not sceen in these threads is that you don't need to go on a specific date you have a 7 day range that you can go with your free tickets.
The ticket is a 2 day ticket, the second day must be used within 7 days.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:46 PM   #410
love280mickey
Mouseketeer

okay, well, just gave it a try with 10th district for NC, Patrick McHenry. I sent an email through his website, tried to be as clear as possible, so now, we'll see.

I gave him the number in our family and when we would like to go, next year, late March - early April. Yes, Easter week, so I know tix might already be gone, but we're more than 6 months out right now.
love280mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:15 PM   #411
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

ARGH! Didn't know about this. Of course, we are going in a last minute cruise in less than two weeks. But I sent an email just in case. Worse case it would be no...
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:04 AM   #412
mmdis
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTmomma View Post
Went back and read the email. Looks like you are correct guess I am going on the 15th. Thanks..
Old 08-07-2012, 08:13 PM   #413
love280mickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by love280mickey View Post
okay, well, just gave it a try with 10th district for NC, Patrick McHenry. I sent an email through his website, tried to be as clear as possible, so now, we'll see.

I gave him the number in our family and when we would like to go, next year, late March - early April. Yes, Easter week, so I know tix might already be gone, but we're more than 6 months out right now.
update: well, amazingly, my email was sent out at 11:30 pm and by 9:30 am Patrick McHenry's office was calling me! Said he'd be happy to try and fulfil my request, but that he had to put it on hold and would be submitting it for me in September (6 months out).

So, I guess the good news is the program IS still in effect.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:00 PM   #414
Tikihula
DIS Veteran

I contacted our Florida Congressman Jeff Miller's office back in April and was told to wait a few weeks and try again, which I did. We have 4 tickets reserved for November and were told we could pick them up at the will-call window. We'll have to show our Florida ID to pick up the tickets, although our two guests are not Florida residents.
Tikihula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:38 AM   #415
love280mickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:

So, if someone could just clarify for me?

We would have the opportunity to go the day before our cruise,but would prefer to do it the day the cruise comes back to port?

Will we be able to use it either day?

thank you!
Old 08-08-2012, 10:41 AM   #416
MTmomma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by love280mickey View Post
So, if someone could just clarify for me?

We would have the opportunity to go the day before our cruise,but would prefer to do it the day the cruise comes back to port?

Will we be able to use it either day?

thank you!
It is a "will call" system, in that you show up, show your ID, and pick up your tickets on your designated arrival day. Before leaving the gates the day you pick up your ticket, and have it stamped to "activate" the 7 day re-use window. When you are requesting tickets, they submit the day you are going to arrive. It is also a crowd control measure. I suspect that some of the people asking for tickets and being turned down, are asking for a single specific day that is sold out, where others are asking for day A,B, or day C.
You cant just randomly decide to go on a day that is not the one you were awarded the tickets for, as you will be denied entrance

Last edited by MTmomma; 08-08-2012 at 10:44 AM. Reason: clarification
MTmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:00 AM   #417
love280mickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
It is a "will call" system, in that you show up, show your ID, and pick up your tickets on your designated arrival day. Before leaving the gates the day you pick up your ticket, and have it stamped to "activate" the 7 day re-use window. When you are requesting tickets, they submit the day you are going to arrive. It is also a crowd control measure. I suspect that some of the people asking for tickets and being turned down, are asking for a single specific day that is sold out, where others are asking for day A,B, or day C.
You cant just randomly decide to go on a day that is not the one you were awarded the tickets for, as you will be denied entrance
Thanks so much for the reply! I will change my request date as now we are going to Disney World before the cruise, and I can do KPC on our arrival day back in port.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:05 AM   #418
SeptBabyMom
Mouseketeer

Guess this isn't open to Canadians.
SeptBabyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:44 AM   #419
EDH Family
Married to the Mouse

I was told by by Congressman Tom Mclintock (CA) that this is no longer available, any other ideas?

2005 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas-December * 2007 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas-September * 2008 Disney Magic 7 Night Mexican Riviera-June * 2009 Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas-February * 2010 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas-November * 2011 Disney Dream 4 Night Bahamas-April * 2011 Disney Wonder 7 Night Mexican Riviera-November-Roy Disney Suite! * 2012 Disney Fantasy 7 Night Eastern-December * 2013 Disney Dream 4 Night Bahamas - March * 2013 Disney Fantasy 7 Night Western-March * 2013 Disney Dream 3 Night Bahamas-August * 2014 Disney Fantasy 7 Night Eastern-April

Last edited by EDH Family; 08-08-2012 at 11:52 AM.
EDH Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:47 PM   #420
MTmomma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDH Family View Post
I was told by by Congressman Tom Mclintock (CA) that this is no longer available, any other ideas?
That he is probably thinking about "shuttle launch" which obviously isnt happening anymore! Ask him to contact the actual NASA liason to verify. Many of these support staff are very uninformed about the programs available for constituants that dont pertain to the "usual" stuff.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: