Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2010, 08:31 AM   #16
Disneynutbsv
DIS Veteran
If I had kept my fancy flyswatter I might be $50 richer!
Secretly I love Lucky Charms

I just wrote to my representative! I hope to hear back

DH Me DS dd DS

I'm the only one that hasn't outgrown Disney
Checking out Carnival Cruise line...
Disneynutbsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:57 AM   #17
Illini_Fan
Mouseketeer

Here is the response from my Congressman (TX)

Mr Illini_Fan

Thanks for contacting me regarding tickets to the Kennedy Space Center. I was curious if you were requesting tickets for a NASA launch or just to get into the Kennedy Space Center. If you were just wanting entrance passes to tour the Space Center, you can purchase those on your own. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Staff Assistant
Illini_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2010, 10:17 AM   #18
es45
DIS Veteran

I e-mailed all of our representatives last November for tickets in January. I never received a response. I'm curious to see if anyone in NC had better luck that I.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:21 AM   #19
m&m's mom
Waiting for the waterless cruise
I really am quite evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illini_Fan View Post
Here is the response from my Congressman (TX)

Mr Illini_Fan

Thanks for contacting me regarding tickets to the Kennedy Space Center. I was curious if you were requesting tickets for a NASA launch or just to get into the Kennedy Space Center. If you were just wanting entrance passes to tour the Space Center, you can purchase those on your own. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Staff Assistant
Well dang. I am in TX too so I guess I should not bother. Did you contact Kay Bailey Hutchison's office? Since up for Gov I was wondering if they would "dig harder" to accommodate.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:30 AM   #20
Disneynutbsv
DIS Veteran
If I had kept my fancy flyswatter I might be $50 richer!
Secretly I love Lucky Charms

I got a standard email from them explaining high email volume...we'll see if I get an actual response...

DH Me DS dd DS

I'm the only one that hasn't outgrown Disney
Checking out Carnival Cruise line...
Disneynutbsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:38 AM   #21
Illini_Fan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by m&m's mom View Post
Well dang. I am in TX too so I guess I should not bother. Did you contact Kay Bailey Hutchison's office? Since up for Gov I was wondering if they would "dig harder" to accommodate.
I haven't contacted either Senator -- this was Rep Michael Burgess' office. I did respond to his staff member with some of the very specific details that others had posted. We shall see if I get a response back.

You should try it, just because I was told "No" doesn't mean you will be. If you do have success, could you let me know?

tom

edit -- I just noticed your city, I think you have Rep Burgess as well, so it would be really interesting if you had success and I didn't
Old 02-22-2010, 10:56 AM   #22
kimkarli
DIS Veteran

I also live in Texas, Southeast Texas. My rep is Kevin Brady. emailed him yesterday. If I don't hear anything I will try Kay Bailey. Doesn't hurt to try!

July 2006 DD6 & I ASMO,OKW,BWV
Dec. 2007 DD B-day Trip POR
Nov. 2010 Set Sail on the Wonder!!
March 2013 AoA
kimkarli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:13 AM   #23
luckyfamilyof3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPwifey View Post
What state do you live in, can it be any state? Thanks for the info!!
I am told it is for any state. We live in CA, and my TA who told me about it lives in FL.
luckyfamilyof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:17 PM   #24
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

My sister got some last year from our Congressman (John Shadegg, AZ 3rd district).

She had sent the email quite a few months before our trip and then resent it about 60 days out and got a reply pretty quickly after that.

Illini_fan, I'm betting the staff assistant wasn't aware that they could give you regular admission tickets.

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:22 PM   #25
Illini_Fan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post

Illini_fan, I'm betting the staff assistant wasn't aware that they could give you regular admission tickets.

You might be right, I haven't heard back on my follow-up request, so hopefully the staff member is doing some research. I'll give it a couple of days and try again.

It seems that everyone goes through their House member and not their Senate member. Any reason for that?
Old 02-22-2010, 02:37 PM   #26
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
You might be right, I haven't heard back on my follow-up request, so hopefully the staff member is doing some research. I'll give it a couple of days and try again.

It seems that everyone goes through their House member and not their Senate member. Any reason for that?
I think because we were just told to "ask your congressman".

Maybe Senators are just too to deal with their constituents.

Really, probably because your congressman represents a smaller group of people (for most states), and this type of request would just be more easily handled through them.

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:12 PM   #27
Sccrmnky2005
Already Earned My Ears ;)

I just emailed mine yesterday, we will see what happens. My trip is next Saturday so not sure if I'll get a quick response( hope so) and be able to go to KSC then or not. I live in FL.
3/7/2010- 4 night Disney Wonder, Engagement Suprise
1/21/2011- 2 Night Disney Dream Preview Cruise
TRIP REPORT
6/23/2012- 7 night Disney Fantasy- Western, HONEYMOON B2B Cruise
6/30/2012- 7 night Disney Fantasy-Eastern, HONEYMOON B2B Cruise

Wedding PJ & TR
Sccrmnky2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:57 PM   #28
Illini_Fan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I haven't contacted either Senator -- this was Rep Michael Burgess' office. I did respond to his staff member with some of the very specific details that others had posted. We shall see if I get a response back.

You should try it, just because I was told "No" doesn't mean you will be. If you do have success, could you let me know?

tom

edit -- I just noticed your city, I think you have Rep Burgess as well, so it would be really interesting if you had success and I didn't
Update: The staff member indicated she emailed the Congressional liaison at NASA about the passes.

I'll post another update when I hear back.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:06 AM   #29
RN_Mom
Mouseketeer

Just recieved a response on my request here in Florida from Bilirakis' asst---says he has sent a request to his "contact and NASA" and will let me know......fingers crossed!
RN_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:44 AM   #30
Illini_Fan
Mouseketeer

Update on my attempt to get tickets. This was received from my congressman's office this morning.

Mr Illini_Fan

I heard back from our NASA Congressional liaison and to submit a request I need the date you would like to tour the Kennedy Space Center. She did warn me that that there are very few available passes, so the sooner I submit it the better. Hopefully we can get this worked out.....

Staff Asst

I promptly replied with the date we are interested in -- hopefully it will work out.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: