Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2011, 08:49 PM   #166
Kyle2123
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkmahm View Post
This is the same response I just got in WI. I copied the link to this thread and sent it in my response with the request for the staff person to check again.

I guess it is possible that some states get tickets and some don't, but that seems really odd to me if that is really the case. More likely, those of us who have been told about lauch tickets only just haven't reached the correct person who knows about the general admission tickets.
I got that response at first too, but I wrote back and told them they definitely could do this, because I'd read about others getting the tickets from their congressmen. I included a few links to posts like these and they wrote back a few days later and said they were able to contact KSC and get me the tickets. It's a pretty unusual request so I think it's likely that many of the elected reps have never had anyone ask for this before and they just don't know it's out there. The tickets are first come first serve, so you need to get the request in ASAP. I sent the request back in September for our trip this month. Here's the response I got back:

I have received a response from NASA and congratulations your Complimentary passes came though!

Tickets may be picked up at the KSC Group Sales Office located at the KSC Visitor Center any time after 9AM on the day of the tour. The Center opens at 9am and the bus tours begin running at 9:45AM and run every 15 minutes. Tour passes will be held at the Visitor Center and should be picked up as soon as possible, but no later than 2PM to ensure that you do not miss the tour. The tickets include:

* Admission to the Main Complex, including all exhibits and shows.
* Bus tour which includes the LC-39 Observation Gantry, International Space Station Center and the Apollo Saturn V Center
* Opportunity to see both IMAX Movies.
* Visit to the US Astronaut Hall of Fame which includes the museum of personal artifacts and interactive activity floor simulators.

The tickets are only valid for two days of admission and must be used within 7 days of the first use.
Kyle2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:59 AM   #167
Disneynutbsv
DIS Veteran
If I had kept my fancy flyswatter I might be $50 richer!
Secretly I love Lucky Charms

My Senator's aide said that she put a request in, but they haven't scheduled April yet..so hopefully hear back soon!

DH Me DS dd DS

I'm the only one that hasn't outgrown Disney
Checking out Carnival Cruise line...
Disneynutbsv is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2011, 03:05 PM   #168
ranidayz
DIS Veteran is a....... Caribbean Amphibian

OK - hearing in Maryland that it's not possible....but suggested that I call one of the offices that WAS able to get this tickets and ask how they did it and then report back to my rep's office. Can anyone share the info of whom they spoke to and the phone number so i can give them a call?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyfamilyof3 View Post
I thought this might be worth posting. We were told to ask our congressman about free tickets to Kennedy Space Center. I emailed his office, they asked us how many adults/kids and what date. I received confirmation that our free tickets are at will-call for the date we will be there.

Our tickets include:

> admission to the grounds, including all exhibits and shows
> bus tour, including observation gantry, international space station center, and apollo saturn V center
> opportunity to see both IMAX movies (I'm not sure what "opportunity" means)
> visit to the astronaut hall of fame
> tickets valid for two days of admission

It was cheaper for us to fly in on a Thursday and stay an extra night in a hotel, instead of flying in Friday for a Saturday cruise. Go figure. So we will be going to Kennedy on our extra day!
ranidayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:03 PM   #169
TexasDreamer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranidayz View Post
OK - hearing in Maryland that it's not possible....but suggested that I call one of the offices that WAS able to get this tickets and ask how they did it and then report back to my rep's office. Can anyone share the info of whom they spoke to and the phone number so i can give them a call?

Thanks!
We received a fax confirmation for our comp tickets forwarded to us from our congressman. The original fax is from the National Aeronautics and Space Administration Office of Legislative Affairs (in Washington DC) The Contact Person was Sony Webb-Queen. Have your congressman to contact that office. Good Luck!
TexasDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:20 AM   #170
Disneymommy2006
DIS Veteran

Here's what I got?????

Thank you for ....but.... scheduling of Kennedy Space Center tours is not in our jurisdiction. Our office can only submit requests for tickets to shuttle launches. ETC.......

How should I respond. I would appreciate any help you can offer! Thanks

Last edited by Disneymommy2006; 01-13-2011 at 07:37 AM.
Disneymommy2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:01 AM   #171
Stinasmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDreamer View Post
We received a fax confirmation for our comp tickets forwarded to us from our congressman. The original fax is from the National Aeronautics and Space Administration Office of Legislative Affairs (in Washington DC) The Contact Person was Sony Webb-Queen. Have your congressman to contact that office. Good Luck!
I am also having trouble getting any action out of my congressman's office. All I've received is a confirmation that they received my request back on DEC 2nd, (after 2 emails). I emailed again after the holidays settled down, nothing.

So I cut/pasted the above quote, hopefully this will spur some action? Maybe they just haven't had such a request before and didn't know what I was talking about... I am in a rural area of WA state ?

Fingers crossed! Our travel dates are over (early) spring break, hopefully comp tickets won't be gone!
DCL Western&WDW,SW,DC 12/2008
San Diego, Legoland and Disneyland 3/2008
Jazzercise Conv. at CSR at WDW 4/2007
DCL 4-night Wonder & US/IOA/Sea World 12/2006
DCL Magic Mex Riv. 6/2005 & DL/DCA
DL & DCA 5/2004, 5/2007
WDW 1994, 1995,1998, 1999, 2001 2002
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]
Stinasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:19 AM   #172
allonte
DIS Veteran

Well, I just sent my email through his website. If they say they can't, then oh well, if they can, then YAY!

allonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:54 AM   #173
mjhd
DIS Veteran

Thanks OP! Just emailed our congressman.
mjhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:17 AM   #174
Disneymommy2006
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinasmom View Post
I am also having trouble getting any action out of my congressman's office. All I've received is a confirmation that they received my request back on DEC 2nd, (after 2 emails). I emailed again after the holidays settled down, nothing.

So I cut/pasted the above quote, hopefully this will spur some action? Maybe they just haven't had such a request before and didn't know what I was talking about... I am in a rural area of WA state ?

Fingers crossed! Our travel dates are over (early) spring break, hopefully comp tickets won't be gone!
I did the exact same thing....I hope it works!!!
Old 02-02-2011, 12:34 AM   #175
charliez
Ask yourself: What Would Roy Do?

Maybe it's what they *think* you're asking for...

I haven't done this yet (might try for our cruise in December), so take this for what it's worth...

I noticed in one of the posts above that the congressman's staffer said "scheduling of Kennedy Space Center tours is not in our jurisdiction." I'm sure that is true - but scheduling of a tour is not what you're looking for, right?

Sounds like it might take some clarification - you're looking for complimentary admission tickets, not a special tour. Suggesting that they contact Sonya Webb-Queen in NASA's Office of Legislative Affairs in Washington might help get them moving in the right direction, too. (Thanks to TexasDreamer for posting that contact name!)

Good luck!
Disneyland - 1974
WDW - 1976
DCL - 2008
Most Recent Visit:
Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge (2014)

charliez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:01 AM   #176
cathicool
Disney...On My Mind and In My Heart!

We live in NY and I emailed our congressman and was told that the allotment was already used up. (I only asked 3.5 months in advance). The aide who wrote me the email advised me to ask 6 months in advance in the future.

Totally bummed....now we will have to pay $250 for the entry fees for all of us.

Anyone know of any other discounts I might be able to get other than thru congress?

Thanks....
cathicool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:06 AM   #177
MinnieTheisen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDreamer View Post
How long did it take to get confirmation from NASA? I emailed my congressman during the holidays and got the below response but now waiting for REAL confirmation. Thanks!

Dear Ms. XXXx,

Thank you for your request for tickets to the NASA Kennedy Space Center. I was able to put in a request for you for tickets, but NASA only allows me to request 4 for any one group. However, you will be able to purchase the extra ticket at the Visitor’s Center once you arrive on site. My request for tickets was for 3 adults and 1 child, so you would only have to purchase 1 child’s admission at $31. I have included a link to the Kennedy Center website where you can find more information: http://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/buy-tickets.aspx.

Please note that I have not received confirmation of your Congressional tickets from NASA yet, and approval is not guaranteed. However, I will continue to do everything I can to secure you approval. I will forward you the confirmation once I receive it.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any further questions you might have!

Kelli Ripp
Staff Assistant
Rep. Aaron Schock IL-18

MinnieTheisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:49 PM   #178
Disneymommy2006
DIS Veteran

I got my confirmation today!!! Sadly, the day they booked us for is now a required workday for me! I asked for a new date but not sure it will fly....if all else fails I will talk to my work supervisor and see if I can do something??? Just my luck!
Old 02-02-2011, 06:30 PM   #179
Billinaz
Waiting to spend time in our home away from home.. cabin 12506!

Here is the response I got:
(from both a senator and congressman)

I have just been informed of the following by NASA’s Office of Legislative & Intergovernmental Affairs:

NASA’s Office of Legislative & Intergovernmental Affairs does take requests for complimentary tour tickets to the Kennedy Space Center. Unfortunately, we have consumed our annual allocation of complimentary passes through April 2011. Tickets may be purchased online at www.kennedyspacecenter.com/ksc-tours.aspx, or in person at the Visitor Complex.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any future questions you may have about this attraction.

2015 and 2016 Aulani so no cruises on these years!

PAST CRUISES (13)
02/11/2004 Wonder Cabin 8532 - 4 Night Bahamas
02/03/2005 Wonder Cabin 8532 - 3 Day WDW and 4 Night Bahamas
02/04/2006 Magic Cabin 8532 - 7 Night Eastern
02/01/2007 Wonder Cabin 8532 - 4 Night Bahamas
02/04/2007 Wonder Cabin 8532 - 3 Night Bahamas
02/08/2008 Magic Cabin 8532 - 7 Night Eastern
02/07/2009 Magic Cabin 8532 - 7 Night Western
02/07/2010 Wonder Cabin 8532 - 4 Night Bahamas
02/27/2011 Dream Cabin 12506- & Cabana #3 Inaugural 4Night Bahamas
03/03/2011 Dream Cabin 12506- Missed CC - Inaugural 3 Night Bahamas
04/21/2012 Fantasy Cabin 12506 & Cabana #4- Inaugural 7 Night Eastern
04/20/2013 WDW Poly & Fantasy Cabin 12506 & Cabana 4- 7 Night Eastern
03/08/2014 WDW Poly & Fantasy Cabin 12506& Cabana 3- 7 Night Eastern
Billinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:50 PM   #180
pls5286
DIS Veteran

Is it better to contact your congressman or senator? We sail in 8 months and I want to get started on this.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: