Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2010, 01:37 PM   #1
enigmaMN
Mouseketeer

First Stay @ CSR - HELP!

Hello Everyone,

As you can probably tell by my signature, we are DVC members and haven't planned a stay at a non DVC resort in a very long time, however the winter chill and great deals from Disney have lead to a sort of last minute (for us anyway) trip.

We'll be staying at CSR from 3/18 - 3/22. We are staying in a King room and have requested a water view, but I really don't know if that's a good request or if I should be more specific, etc. I'm fairly clueless about CSR as it's the only moderate I've never stayed at before.

I've read the FAQ thread but still not sure what I should request, etc. Actually, I don't even know how to make a request ahead of time.. LOL! So any guidance you can give me would be AWESOME!

PS: From what I've seen I think we'll like the Casitas, but I'm open to anything... suggestions please!

enigmaMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:46 PM   #2
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmaMN View Post
Hello Everyone,

As you can probably tell by my signature, we are DVC members and haven't planned a stay at a non DVC resort in a very long time, however the winter chill and great deals from Disney have lead to a sort of last minute (for us anyway) trip.

We'll be staying at CSR from 3/18 - 3/22. We are staying in a King room and have requested a water view, but I really don't know if that's a good request or if I should be more specific, etc. I'm fairly clueless about CSR as it's the only moderate I've never stayed at before.

I've read the FAQ thread but still not sure what I should request, etc. Actually, I don't even know how to make a request ahead of time.. LOL! So any guidance you can give me would be AWESOME!

PS: From what I've seen I think we'll like the Casitas, but I'm open to anything... suggestions please!

If I am not wrong, king bed and water view room is a different price, did you actualy book them? Also, even partial view of any pool will be a water view, you are not guaranteed lake view, if I am correct.

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2010, 01:48 PM   #3
enigmaMN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
If I am not wrong, king bed and water view room is a different price, did you actualy book them? Also, even partial view of any pool will be a water view, you are not guaranteed lake view, if I am correct.
Yes, we did book a King room - paid a very slightly higher rate.. less then $50 for the entire trip. DVC has spoiled us.. we love the king bed in the 1BR villas we usually stay in. The CM requested lake view - specifically noted we didn't want pool view. So we'll see. I'd actually be okay with pool view.. more concerned with location...

Old 02-21-2010, 01:49 PM   #4
Luv2Roam
Dexter: Takes Life. Seriously.

Water view could be pool or lagoon view.
I paid extra for a water view once and can't say it was a factor worth mentioning. You will still have a outside hallway/walkway. And when we were there in a January, it was cold outside, and the window was 100% misted and fogged over.
Luv2Roam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:50 PM   #5
BraveLittleToaster2
Mouseketeer

Water View does indeed cost more. So paying for a standard room and requesting water isn't likely to get you water view. You would have to make a reservation specifically FOR a waterview room.

We are going to CSR for the first time as well and are just going to askupon check-in to be closer to the main pool as our children will likely use it frequently.

All the sections seem nice...sometimes I find it better to just take what I get upon check-in. Sometimes I've been pleasantly surprised with an area of a resort that I didn't initially think I wanted.

Good Luck!!

Most Recent Trips
04/2002 POR
08/2005 AKL
08/2008 AKL
08/2009 POFQ
01/2011 Kidani

12/2012
Kidani
2015 VWL
BraveLittleToaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:53 PM   #6
enigmaMN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveLittleToaster2 View Post
Water View does indeed cost more. So paying for a standard room and requesting water isn't likely to get you water view. You would have to make a reservation specifically FOR a waterview room.

We are going to CSR for the first time as well and are just going to askupon check-in to be closer to the main pool as our children will likely use it frequently.

All the sections seem nice...sometimes I find it better to just take what I get upon check-in. Sometimes I've been pleasantly surprised with an area of a resort that I didn't initially think I wanted.

Good Luck!!
King rooms and water view are in the same pricing category. They both had a slightly higher identical rate. (Added less than $50 to the total cost)

We will get a king bed no matter what - and the CM indicated that the vast majority of king rooms are water view rooms. I don't care either way... just form the looks I think I'd like to stay in the casitas area.

Old 02-21-2010, 01:53 PM   #7
Luv2Roam

Quote:
The CM requested lake view - specifically noted we didn't want pool view.
I took this to mean they also booked a water view.
If a water view was not booked, then I would not count on one. It may or may not happen.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:54 PM   #8
enigmaMN
Mouseketeer

So... just to set it straight...

We booked a king bed. Requested water view. I personally am not overly concerned about view. Just want tips, etc. about the resort.

Old 02-21-2010, 01:58 PM   #9
Luv2Roam

Great resort. I think you will really like it. We have stayed twice. The last visit being mid November. Loved the sliding door panel separating the sink area.
Very nice decor, and lovely property.
I also think a water view there could even cover a courtyard view (fountains). Which would not be bad either.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:01 PM   #10
enigmaMN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Roam View Post
Great resort. I think you will really like it. We have stayed twice. The last visit being mid November. Loved the sliding door panel separating the sink area.
Very nice decor, and lovely property.
I also think a water view there could even cover a courtyard view (fountains). Which would not be bad either.
Thank you! What section of the resort did you stay in? We're hoping for a relaxing/semi quiet get away.

From everything I've seen it does look beautiful. I can't wait to get there!

Old 02-21-2010, 02:07 PM   #11
Luv2Roam

Twice -- and both times by chance in Casitas 4.
We have our own car. So any location would have been fine for us. Without a car I would say I would not appreciate being in the furthest corner.
The only bad location I can think of is our first stay (back in 2001, I think) we noticed not far from us, on the other side of the building was a constant comings and goings of commercial vehicles. (At night the huge laundry trucks were not exactly quiet.) We both commented we were glad not to be over that area. So maybe having that water view room paid off.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:11 PM   #12
Luv2Roam

Oh -- we have been at CSR on Christmas Eve too. (Not staying there then. Just visiting/eating.)
Very festive. Santa was in the check in area. And Mickey and Minnie were in the fountain entrance. Also there was free cookies and cider and hot chocolate for all at that location too!
Old 02-21-2010, 02:19 PM   #13
kwitcherkicken99
Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEINE keeps me NICE!
This vicarious living is wonderful!
I'll take getting my feet up all the way

We stayed in Ranchos 7B last spring and couldn't have been popular, but that building would take you out of the water view! It was seconds to walk to the Dig Site (remember CSR has the biggest hot tub on property!) and a couple minute walk to the busses.

It was a super quiet resort, the rooms were really nice! The baths only have 1 sink, but it's managable.

Good luck with your trip! CSR is a nice place to get away.
kwitcherkicken99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:44 PM   #14
enigmaMN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Twice -- and both times by chance in Casitas 4. We have our own car. So any location would have been fine for us. Without a car I would say I would not appreciate being in the furthest corner.
The only bad location I can think of is our first stay (back in 2001, I think) we noticed not far from us, on the other side of the building was a constant comings and goings of commercial vehicles. (At night the huge laundry trucks were not exactly quiet.) We both commented we were glad not to be over that area. So maybe having that water view room paid off.
Thank, you! I think I'll definitely put in a request for the Casitas area. Now this is a dumb question - but how do I make that request? I see mentions of faxing it to the resort, or should I call CRO? If faxing, where do I find the number?

Quote:
Oh -- we have been at CSR on Christmas Eve too. (Not staying there then. Just visiting/eating.)
Very festive. Santa was in the check in area. And Mickey and Minnie were in the fountain entrance. Also there was free cookies and cider and hot chocolate for all at that location too!
We'll be at AKV/SSR for the holidays this year. We plan on checking out the resort decorations, etc. but hadn't thought of the mods. We'll have to stop by CSR as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwitcherkicken99 View Post
We stayed in Ranchos 7B last spring and couldn't have been popular, but that building would take you out of the water view! It was seconds to walk to the Dig Site (remember CSR has the biggest hot tub on property!) and a couple minute walk to the busses.

It was a super quiet resort, the rooms were really nice! The baths only have 1 sink, but it's managable.

Good luck with your trip! CSR is a nice place to get away.
Thank you! I'm very excited... well mostly to leave the arctic tundra I call home!

Old 02-21-2010, 03:10 PM   #15
dansyr2514
DIS Veteran

My personal favorite areas are cabanas and casitas. Ranchos just don't appeal to me. I like casitas 5 or cabanas 9 or 8. Ranchos are the furthest away from El Centro. I love CSR...we are staying there for 3 nights and 4 nights at Beach Club. I would just call Disney reservations and ask they they note in on your reservation if you have a special request for an area.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: