Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2010, 08:44 PM   #76
k_reile
Slowly converting my son into a Disney lover!

we stayed at a studio at the beach club this trip! Loved it! thats why I think we need to buy DVC...it will make the deluxe's more affordable and you can;t go wrong with the extra space (well when staying in a one bedroom or more) unfortunately the studio is not any bigger than a regular room but it did have the little kitchenette that we hardly used...LOL! and the drawer space was pittiful. we used 2 drawers of DS's clothes and he is 16 mos old...so we could fit all of his clothes but we knew not much of ours would fit in there! Hopefully the other bigger villas have more space! DH and I had to live out of oursuitcases and then keep them zipped so DS did not throw clothes all over the place!
Old 02-21-2010, 09:12 PM   #77
Underdog369
The Enabler and Instigator

Hi Blue,

The problem of being the only one in the house without a computer is I end up starting on page 6 of your tr and page 50000 of Jordans. Anyway, hail, hail the gang's all here. Now the fun can really start.

Me DW DS DD DS DS and JY

We are a happy family.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2010, 10:03 PM   #78
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyed Girl View Post
Hope it all works out and he gets all his fur back.

You should get him to go on a tour. For some reason I guess my DH just needed the visual. Doing the tour also got us a $100 gift card.
$100 gift card? He'd go on the tour to get that
Old 02-21-2010, 10:51 PM   #79
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am LOVING the extra points thing. By 2012 I will have been spoiled and we will be back to our regular 160. Not sure what to do then.
You'll be so spoiled, you'll have to add-on. I'm sure that has occurred to the folks at DVC. I'm jealous of your extra points though. We have 200 and still had to borrow some from this year's allotment for last year's trip. This year we won't be at Kidani too long, so that will help replenish the points.

Good luck on getting the reservation you want. Those guides can pull some strings.

Quote:
I've been reading your PTR but can't remember if I've ever even posted on it. If not......SORRY!! I love the stuff your wife sells. I have these pitchers that have sort of a plunger thing in the middle to mix things up with. They are some of my favorites!!
Well sometime when you're perusing it go ahead and post and make it official.

I know the pitchers you're talking about -- they're called quick-stir pitchers. They just came out with new ones with a better plunger. (DW just had an open house today to introduce new products. )
Old 02-21-2010, 11:24 PM   #80
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTalula View Post
Awww it was fun meeting you guys that morning!! I don't think my DH really believed me when I said "Hey I know those guys, lets go say Hi!"

Congratulations on the DVC purchase, now that is really exciting!!! Great start to your TR too! We just got home yesterday afternoon. I'm still doing Depressing Dirty Disney Laundry "DDDL" for short.
AH-HA!!! There you are. You must have posted the same time as me earlier and I totally missed it.

That is too funny about your DH Did you see mine look at me when you said you saw my dancing pictures on Jordan's thread?? Of course he already knew about it but he just gave me that look like "uh-hu, see it could have been a crazy person!"

Thanks about the DVC!! We are excited!

UGH!!! I hate DDDL!!
Old 02-21-2010, 11:28 PM   #81
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_reile View Post
we stayed at a studio at the beach club this trip! Loved it! thats why I think we need to buy DVC...it will make the deluxe's more affordable and you can;t go wrong with the extra space (well when staying in a one bedroom or more) unfortunately the studio is not any bigger than a regular room but it did have the little kitchenette that we hardly used...LOL! and the drawer space was pittiful. we used 2 drawers of DS's clothes and he is 16 mos old...so we could fit all of his clothes but we knew not much of ours would fit in there! Hopefully the other bigger villas have more space! DH and I had to live out of oursuitcases and then keep them zipped so DS did not throw clothes all over the place!
Too funny about the suitcases. The 1 bedrooms have a lot more room. We usually stay at OKW. They have plenty of drawer space and closet space for all of our clothes. It's pretty nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog369 View Post
Hi Blue,

The problem of being the only one in the house without a computer is I end up starting on page 6 of your tr and page 50000 of Jordans. Anyway, hail, hail the gang's all here. Now the fun can really start.

DJAY!!!!!!!!
Too funny!
Glad you're here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
$100 gift card? He'd go on the tour to get that
Now your thinkin'!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
You'll be so spoiled, you'll have to add-on. I'm sure that has occurred to the folks at DVC. I'm jealous of your extra points though. We have 200 and still had to borrow some from this year's allotment for last year's trip. This year we won't be at Kidani too long, so that will help replenish the points.

Good luck on getting the reservation you want. Those guides can pull some strings.

Well sometime when you're perusing it go ahead and post and make it official.

I know the pitchers you're talking about -- they're called quick-stir pitchers. They just came out with new ones with a better plunger. (DW just had an open house today to introduce new products. )
I'm too excited to sleep! I want to call and book and bank. It's driving me nuts right now.

Oh nice!! New pitchers!! And just in time for spring/summer.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:43 PM   #82
kmpprg
Mouseketeer

Hello again, I just caught up and am excited for you on your DVC purchase. AKL is so neat, I hope you have many years of wonderful family vacations there. I own a barbeque restaurant and am always glad to help people with their allergy questions. Mostly they are cylliacs (sp?) related, but anyone who works with food should know what is in the food and know how to relate the ingredients to their customers, sorry for all your trouble. My family is going to the world in June, but we will be traveling June 7th to June 13th so we will just miss you-bummer! We are then going to the beach for my daughters graduation trip because I won't let her go to senior week. She was glad for the compromise though because we are taking her friend with us. My children are 19, 17, 15 , and I am so excited that they all are excited to go on this trip since they are older and cooler! Ha ha! The last time we all went was in 2006, and usually I go in October for a week with my boyfriend of 12 years. So I love reading all these trip reports to get tips for our trip. Thanks again for sharing your family's experiences.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:45 PM   #83
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Congrats on the DVC!!!!

Maybe some day in the FAR future we'll think about that.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:02 AM   #84
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Hey Blue!

Wanted to add my congrats to the DVC buy in!! Must be a fun feeling to know you'll be going back EVERY year!!

I doubt we'd ever do it, but it does sound enticing! I think if I were to choose, I'd AKV!!!

Old 02-22-2010, 12:38 AM   #85
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog369 View Post
Hi Blue,

OOOOH The Enabler is here !!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 02-22-2010, 01:06 AM   #86
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

I am here too. I will try to keep up. Congrats on the DVC purchase.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:22 AM   #87
GreatBiscuit
Golden but never flaky

Subbing to complete the Peeps TR tetrathalon. Great start so far! Congrats on the DVC purchase! Can't wait to read more.

Note: No trees were killed in the posting of this reply, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:35 AM   #88
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

YaY!! you did it! I think we may have to give in and take the dvc tour next visit.....

I know it wasn't funny, but your comments to the people behind you in line as sunshine seasons made me laugh....I could imagine your cute accent while you kicked some butt.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:40 AM   #89
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
YaY!! you did it! I think we may have to give in and take the dvc tour next visit.....

I know it wasn't funny, but your comments to the people behind you in line as sunshine seasons made me laugh....I could imagine your cute accent while you kicked some butt.
Oh Yea !! Blue can kick her some BUTT!!! I loved it !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 02-22-2010, 08:09 AM   #90
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Oops! How did I miss the start of your TR? Well, I'm here now!

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: