Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2010, 03:19 PM   #31
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Congrats on DVC!!!!!!!

I have heard a lot of good things about AKV through the DIS

The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
Old 02-20-2010, 04:23 PM   #32
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Congrats on on your DVC

That is so exciting
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2010, 04:39 PM   #33
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
Joining in!

I love your pictures. Your son is a cutie pie..

Thanks for joining in!
And thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
We are going June 4-10. We will be staying at POR.
Awww, I think we will just miss you. We are looking at 13-19th. I think we are going to do 4 at WDW and 2 at Universal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! That is so exciting!

Keep them in the seat as long as you can, we certainly did it longer than most around here. 6 and 60 used to be the law but now it's 8 and 80! However the state also factors in height and provides some good tools to help you determine at what point switching makes sense.

Our 2 younger ones JUST hit 60 pounds and they are 10.5 and 9.5 so we really had to look at height, where the belt hits them, etc and it is different by car so we had different seat rules for the different cars.

I am so sorry you had to deal with impatient people, I can only imagine how difficult it must be. I really hope it got better! It is hard. Eric has a classmate with severe allergies and my nephew just went gluten free, it is so much work to be on top of the labels.

Heck I just found out my cat is allergic to wheat and that's a pain.
I think DS is tall enough for the booster seat but everything says it's safer to keep him in the seat longer. So that's what I shall do!

It really is a lot of work to have to remember to read every single label. I mean, you even have to read seasoning labels. Until it happened to us, I never would have thought of that.
You made me laugh out loud about the cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
Congrats on becoming DVC owners!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
Congrats on DVC!!!!!!!

I have heard a lot of good things about AKV through the DIS
Thank you!
I am soooo looking forward to staying there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Congrats on on your DVC

That is so exciting
Thank you!!! Yes, we are pretty darn excited about it.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:51 PM   #34
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyed Girl View Post

I think DS is tall enough for the booster seat but everything says it's safer to keep him in the seat longer. So that's what I shall do!

It really is a lot of work to have to remember to read every single label. I mean, you even have to read seasoning labels. Until it happened to us, I never would have thought of that.
You made me laugh out loud about the cat.
seasonings, I wouldn't have thought of it either!

Oh the cat thing is a mini nightmare and I feel horrible that we didn't catch it earlier. He's a picky eater, has been on the same food forever. About a week ago I noticed he was losing fur. A couple of other things had been happening so I decided to take him in.

He's been chewing it off! He hadn't lost weight like we thought, just enough fur chewed off to make him look a lot smaller than he is. Apparently either due to some skin irritation, most likely an allergy or it's psychological (which we don't think it is). Vet thought it was definitely an allergy of some sort. Vet asked about diet changes right away and I'm like, no, none.

Got home realized they'd changed the packaging on his food 2 months ago. Sure enough, "new" formula has wheat and soy, old one did not.

If your DS still fits in the seat then go for it, we did as long as we could. We had one of the boosters that had a back on it and had the back on for a long time before we went to just the booster.

So I've been boning up on cat food all week and testing grain free options.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:14 PM   #35
lilpapsgirl
Mouseketeer

I'm in!! I'm subbing too. That is awesome that you guys are DVC owners....i'm still trying to con my husband into saying yes to this. I might have to get some pointers on what you did to get your husband to say yes!!
Old 02-20-2010, 05:42 PM   #36
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Congrats on your DVC purchase! I bet this will make it much easier to eat on vacation with your sons allergies.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:56 PM   #37
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Congrats on the DVC.

Since you have extra points this year, you should think about a quick weekend trip in October, say the weekend of the 23rd for Ip Dip . It would be wonderful to get to meet you.

( Ip Dip, Ip Dip, I Dip, I am try to subliminally put it in your head )
Old 02-20-2010, 06:21 PM   #38
joy13
DIS Veteran

Congrats on DVC!!! How exciting! I can't wait to hear all about your trip
Old 02-20-2010, 06:52 PM   #39
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

CONGRATS on the DVC!!! We hope to be your neighbor (waiting for Disney to decide on ROFR)
Old 02-20-2010, 06:58 PM   #40
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have an announcement to make!!!! I was going to wait until I get to this part on my TR but we didn't take the tour until our 2nd to last day.
I wondered if you were waiting to weave it into your TR.

Quote:
So, it would take a while and I'm bursting at the seams to tell you that.........

WE ARE NOW DVC OWNERS!!!!!!!
That is awesome! (I know the feeling!)

Congratulations, and welcome home neighbor!

Quote:
After much thought, we decided to buy 160 points at Animal Kingdom Villas.

(Thanks to WendyO & glennbo for the helpful info!!)
You are most welcome. I think you made a good choice. I understand the thinking of going after the home resort with the lower maint. fees, but most people recommend buying where you want to stay, and I think it makes sense.

Quote:
We may add more points later. But for now they matched our points for this year and we also got $15 off per point. It was a deal we just couldn't pass up. I must say it feels awesome to be "in the club". Hopefully we will get our 1st trip booked soon. I'm waiting for our package to arrive to get all the technical stuff done but I think we may be going back this summer. We will get to try out our home resort at AKV with a savannah view! Soooo.....who else is going in June????
Addonitis already?

We'll be there June 12 - 20, and would love to meet up with you folks if the timing works out. FauntleroyFan07 (Dan) will be there starting a few days before that and then leaving around the 18th, I think. We're going to meet up with him and his wife at the Yehaa Bob Jackson show at POR on the 12th.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:23 PM   #41
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Hi! I just subbed- I'm a friend of Rosie's. Wanted to say congratulations on your DVC!!! Isn't it SUCH a great feeling??? I am STILL excited about it and we bought AKV in 2007! Are you going to be at Jambo or Kidani when you go in June? We just had our first Kidani stay this past November, it was WONDERFUL, and we are going to stay Concierge (DH & I) in September (which I have been lucky enough to have done once already, last May, with the DISmoms- that's when I met our friend Rosie). I LOVE those AKV points!!

Oh- and the people behind you in line?

PIGS. Total jerks! I am ashamed of them and i don't even know who they are!
Old 02-20-2010, 10:48 PM   #43
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have an announcement to make!!!! I was going to wait until I get to this part on my TR but we didn't take the tour until our 2nd to last day. So, it would take a while and I'm bursting at the seams to tell you that.........

WE ARE NOW DVC OWNERS!!!!!!!

After much thought, we decided to buy 160 points at Animal Kingdom Villas.

(Thanks to WendyO & glennbo for the helpful info!!)

We may add more points later. But for now they matched our points for this year and we also got $15 off per point. It was a deal we just couldn't pass up. I must say it feels awesome to be "in the club". Hopefully we will get our 1st trip booked soon. I'm waiting for our package to arrive to get all the technical stuff done but I think we may be going back this summer. We will get to try out our home resort at AKV with a savannah view! Soooo.....who else is going in June????

Wahooey Blue !!! I am sooo excited about this for you!!! I may be going in September for Free Dining !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 02-20-2010, 11:14 PM   #44
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

why hello!

I miss you guys...

I'm glad you're DVC owners. That means i'm sure we'll be traveling together again soon.

Great start to the TR
Old 02-21-2010, 01:29 AM   #45
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Wow! DVC owners!! How awesome is that!! Congrats to you!!!

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: