Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2010, 08:40 AM   #1
jennipooh
Nobody can be uncheered with a balloon

Movies Under the Stars

I am just curious.....
I am looking for firsthand accounts from people who have experienced the outdoor movies at their resort.
We have gone several times to Ft Wilderness for the Chip n Dale Campfire Singalong and Movie; we love it. Dining at Trail's End and then heading over to the singalong is as great as any character meal, IMO!!!!
It seems like more resorts are following the lead and now offering movies outdoors. (No characters, though)
A few years back the Swan & Dolphin showed a movie poolside. Friends of ours have seen a movie poolside at All-Star Music. We were on the monorail December 08 (or summer 09) and noticed a movie being shown (I think it was at the Grand Floridian).
We have stayed at All-Star Sports (years ago), POFQ, CBR, and CSR..... I have started asking at check-in and no movies at any of our resorts.
We will be staying at AKL and POFQ this summer for an 11 night split stay. I noticed that on the latest email they sent us regarding our trip that "Movies Under the Stars" was listed under Resort Recreation with the following explanation, "Watch Disney movies under the stars at select Walt Disney World Resorts. By the pool or on the beach, you'll have a unique experience only Walt Disney World can provide. For more information go to the Guest Information desk in the lobby."
So any first hand accounts would be great.... particularly if you have seen an outdoor movie at AKL or POFQ.
Thanks!

jennipooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:26 AM   #2
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!
I got one on my camper too

While I've never actually sat and watched the movie at any of the other locations, I have seen them while passing by.

We stayed at All-Star Music in August and yes they do have a movie setup most evenings.

I've also been walking past Beach Club when their movie was set up.

Personally, it all looks so temporary and uncomfortable to me.

The one at Fort Wilderness is a permanent setup with benches for the purpose, and the great stage for the singalong and the full size screen with permanent projector. Just a nicer experience overall.
clkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2010, 10:55 AM   #3
Hallowishes
DIS Veteran

the past two years ive stayed at all star music and every night they have a different movie. its honestly one of my favorite things to do. its so relaxing and a great way to just veg after another long day in the parks!
ive also been wondering if POFQ offers this as thats where im staying this coming september.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:55 AM   #4
amystevekai&bump
DIS Veteran

someone recently posted this link -

http://www.*********************.com...tdoormovie.php

( i hope it works as it is the first time I have ever posted a link!!)

I doesn't look like there is a movie at either AKL or POFQ though I am afraid

NEXT TRIPS: August 2014 - BLT, AKV (value) & HRH / August 2015 - Aulani and Disneyland

Between Oct 1979 & Dec 2013 - approx 27 trips (including Bay Lake Towers, Polynesian, Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo & Kidani, Beach club villas, Grand Floridian Villas, Contemporary Resort, Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach Resort, Coronado Springs, All Stars Sports, off site hotels (inc Royal Pacific, Portofino, Hard Rock hotel!!) and villas)

PLUS - Disney Cruises x 6, Disney's Vero Beach resort, DLP x 10 visits & Disneyland California x 1 visit - And our 1998 Disney Wedding at the Wedding Pavillion!!
amystevekai&bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:13 PM   #5
nelsonkg
Mouseketeer

We have done the outdoor movie at BCV and Kidani. At Kidani it was held in the pool area which was not ideal with my 2 year old in tow (he wanted to swim).
I found the one at BCV much better because we started the night by roasting marshmallows and making smores on the beach. My eight yr old made some friends there and they played on the beach then watched the movie. My youngest did better at BCV because he could run and play in the sand. It was more relaxing. I will definately do it again it was fun
nelsonkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:06 PM   #6
jennipooh
Nobody can be uncheered with a balloon

Thanks for the responses.

It's nice to hear that they showed the movies at Kadani. We will be staying at AKL this summer.

How about POFQ? or another mod? (I know Ft Wilderness is technically a mod - so other than FW)

jennipooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:09 PM   #7
GrumpyBelle
DIS Veteran

SSR also had movies at the pool last July when we were there.

8/2006 ASMu/3 night DCL, 8/2007 CBR/4 night DCL, 8/2008 WL, 8/2009 SSR, 3/2010 AKV-Kidani, 8/2010 BWV/5 night DCL, 4/2011 AKV-Jambo/Kidani, 8/2011 DCL Alaskan, 8/2012 AKV-Kidani, 2/2013 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean/Puerto Rico, 8/2013 CSR, 11/2013 Celtic Thunder Cruise--Western Caribbean--Carnival Victory, 2/2014 AKV-Kidani
GrumpyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: