Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2010, 05:04 AM   #1
ohionola
Mouseketeer

Can I use my 7 day base ticket twice in one day?

Is it possible to use 2 days of a base ticket on one day? My family is looking at taking a trip and only want to spend a half day at Animal Kingdom and Epcot. It is cheaper to get an extra day of a base ticket instead of a park hopper. So can we visit both parks in 1 day and just have it take an extra day off of our base ticket?
ohionola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:15 AM   #2
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohionola View Post
Is it possible to use 2 days of a base ticket on one day? My family is looking at taking a trip and only want to spend a half day at Animal Kingdom and Epcot. It is cheaper to get an extra day of a base ticket instead of a park hopper. So can we visit both parks in 1 day and just have it take an extra day off of our base ticket?
This is the most commonly asked question on the DISboards.

And the answer is NO. You cannot use more than one "day" in a single day. You need the Park Hopper option to visit more than one major park in a single day.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2010, 06:11 AM   #3
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

A base ticket is one major (theme) park per day. You are allowed to re-enter the same park if you leave it on one day, but it can only be used at the one park.

Note that the ticket will state on it either "Not Valid For Park Hopping" or "One Theme Park Per Day". That should be a hint.

If you put the ticket in the turnstile of another park the display on the Guest side of the turnstile will be "ACCESS DENIED". The top line of the display on the Greeter side will give information about the ticket, and the second line of the display will say "CROSSOVER NOT PERMITTED". The turnstile will not unlock.

This is because Disney charges $3.00 per day over four days on a ticket, but charges $52 to allow hopping. It does not make economic sense for Disney to allow this.

If you actually have multiple tickets (more than one physical ticket per person) as opposed to multiple day tickets, you can use these tickets for multiple entries. But it makes absolutely no economic sense as a separate ticket costs a lot more than adding hopping to a ticket.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 07:11 AM   #4
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Is it possible to use 2 days of a base ticket on one day?

Just a note to say

to the DISboards, Nola!
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 07:26 AM   #5
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

You can add the hopping feature to your base ticket as late as when you arrive at the second park that day. So you don't have to buy the hopping feature until you are sure you want to use it.

There is enough to see and do at each park that you probably won't get "through" in half a day. So you might not need to visit two parks on the dame day after all.

Disney hints: http://www.cockam.com/dispass.htm
Today's riddle: Q: Why are there these 20 foot timber or stucco walls between the freeway and people's back yards? A: So people living there don't put up huge Christmas light displays and distract passing motorists.
seashoreCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:04 AM   #6
dburg30
Ferb, I know what we're going to do today! Yes, I'm a middle aged guy that loves Disney

Quote:
As Robo said, welcome to the DIS. Second, you pretty much answered your own question . Disney knows it's only a few bucks to add an extra day after about the 3rd or 4th day. They make sure that loophole isnt able to be used as no one would purchase a hopper.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: