Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2010, 10:00 PM   #1
vlkleinh
Mouseketeer

room block

Hi. Must the 25 nights room block be the ones on the list they provided me (it didn't include disney fort wilderness, saratoga springs..not sure what else). Do all the rooms that my guests stay in (which I need to count towards the room minimum for contract purposes only...i don't care about the free night) need to be on the list? I am sorry for asking this..I know I have read threads about this already. This is part of the contract I may not be able to fulfill.

Thanks.
vlkleinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:04 PM   #2
pezaddict231
DIS Veteran

For the 25 nights guarantee it can be any Disney resort. They just wouldn't count for the free night, but if you're not concerned about that, as long as they stay at Disney you'll be able to meet that part of it.
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2010, 10:08 PM   #3
MsEsty
DIS Veteran

As I understand it (if I'm mistaken, please correct me)

You have to pick two hotels to be under your block (I asked for three and I was told to limit it to two). I didn't know about specific hotels being or not being on the block.

I'm an Escape bride so reaching the 25 night minimum for me is just for the free room so maybe there are different requirements
Old 02-16-2010, 10:46 PM   #4
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

For Wishes weddings you can block up to 4 resorts, but if you're providing transportation for your guests, it's helpful if they're only staying at 1 or 2 places.

If you really feel you won't be able to guarantee 25 room nights (and don't forget that your Disney stay counts too!), you can talk to your sales consultant about lowering the requirement. You wouldn't get the free night, but it sounds like that's no biggie for you.
lurkyloo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:24 PM   #5
vlkleinh
Mouseketeer

OK...so...Given the following scenario...how many room nights would my guests already have booked?

5 nights BLT (DVC Pts. rented) - studio
5 nights - Saratoga Springs - 2 BR. Villa
5 nights - Cabins at Disney Fort Wilderness Campground

A bunch of our guests crammed themselves into the 2 BR villa to save some money, but I'm now thinking that this will be a detriment to our making 25 rooms.

If all of these count, then I am not too worried about the room minimum. If they don't...I'm going to have to start inviting more people lol.

Thanks lurkyloo...and others! I got the epassporter today...very helpful....although I haven't had time to read it in detail yet.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:19 AM   #6
crystalllize
Mouseketeer

In our situation, the rooms booked with DVC points do count toward our 25 night guarantee, but not toward the minimum for the free night. Almost all of our guests are staying on DVC points, so we won't get the free night, but we had no problem making the 25 night guarantee.

HTH!

"My only hope is that we never lose sight of one thing- that it was all started by a mouse." -Walt Disney
crystalllize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:46 AM   #7
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlkleinh View Post
OK...so...Given the following scenario...how many room nights would my guests already have booked?

5 nights BLT (DVC Pts. rented) - studio
5 nights - Saratoga Springs - 2 BR. Villa
5 nights - Cabins at Disney Fort Wilderness Campground
If those are the only three reservations made, then 15 nights. If multiple couples/families have booked 5 nights at each of those three places, then multiply that 5 by the number of families at each resort.

Quote:
A bunch of our guests crammed themselves into the 2 BR villa to save some money, but I'm now thinking that this will be a detriment to our making 25 rooms.
Usually it's a good thing that they count the number of nights, not the number of rooms. But, if all of your guests stayed in just three rooms for 5 nights, then, yeah, you'd only have the 15 nights.

Quote:
If they don't...I'm going to have to start inviting more people lol.
Ooh! Ooh! Pick me! I love cake!
lurkyloo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:51 AM   #8
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalllize View Post
In our situation, the rooms booked with DVC points do count toward our 25 night guarantee, but not toward the minimum for the free night. Almost all of our guests are staying on DVC points, so we won't get the free night, but we had no problem making the 25 night guarantee.

HTH!
Is that true? That is so not fair!!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:20 PM   #9
kmaclou
Disney Bride May 27, 2010

Quote:

I almost ran into the same issue with my room block. My fiance's mom came up with the brilliant idea of staying in a villa with two other families. It would have taken 15 room nights down to five. We, luckily, convinced her otherwise (aka panic-stricken phone call from bride to her groom begging him to call his mom to get her to change her mind).
Old 02-18-2010, 07:04 AM   #10
vlkleinh
Mouseketeer

Thanks again.

So the DVC rentals count!

We had been toying with the idea of setting up a tent site as a "kid oasis" for long days in the park (ie. for naps, maybe some crafts etc.). I was hoping some of this would count towards our 25 minimum(for contract purposes only...not for the free night). We are spending almost an entire week in the resort prior to the actual day....and then leaving the day after!

9 months and counting! (it's like having a baby...but not really the same...at all).

V
Old 02-18-2010, 07:48 AM   #11
crystalllize
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
Is that true? That is so not fair!!!
It is! Believe me, I was *not* pleased, as most of our guests are DVC members. I guess DF and I will just have to shell out some more $$$ for our room!

"My only hope is that we never lose sight of one thing- that it was all started by a mouse." -Walt Disney
crystalllize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:22 PM   #12
vlkleinh
Mouseketeer

tent sites count!

Quote:
Thanks again.

So the DVC rentals count!

We had been toying with the idea of setting up a tent site as a "kid oasis" for long days in the park (ie. for naps, maybe some crafts etc.). I was hoping some of this would count towards our 25 minimum(for contract purposes only...not for the free night). We are spending almost an entire week in the resort prior to the actual day....and then leaving the day after!

9 months and counting! (it's like having a baby...but not really the same...at all).

V
I'm responding to my own post

Tent sites count towards fulfilling your contract minimum, but not towards the free room.

AWESOME.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: