Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2010, 10:19 AM   #91
Momofwishkid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanabbott View Post
Today was a good day! Hubby came from his work trip, and having two parents at home for 6 kiddo's is sooo much better than one! Then b/c I read another post who did this...I emailed all the local car rental companies and asked if they could wave the $200 airport drop-off fee. The manager for Hertz emailed me back and said she's going to work on it, and to give her a few days, but that she will definatly be able to do "something"! That was my final "worry"-getting to Anchorage and back.
Also, b/c of Jennifer (momofwishkid), Friday I called the company we are getting James' wheelchair from and they said they just needed a DR note and our insurance will cover a rental chair. I got the dr to send them a scrip today, and called to ask if the rental chair might be here by the time we leave, March 14th. Now for all of you NOT in Alaska, just b/c he can get the chair, doesn't mean there is actually one in the state...usually it's something that gets shipped up. She said after our call she had it FedExd up, even before getting the note from the doctor, and it's due here tomorrow! OK that is pretty great news. Otherwise James is feeling better tonight, no pain meds! (I love that) and he was able to move all his formula today, which means he should be well enough for the g-tube surgery Friday. Today was a very good day indeed
Im so glad to hear it has been a good day and James is feeling better.
and the rental is going to be there so soon!!
Old 02-23-2010, 02:36 PM   #92
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momofwishkid View Post
Im so glad to hear it has been a good day and James is feeling better.
and the rental is going to be there so soon!!
Well thank you for the idea! I can't wait to hear all about your trip...but I think we leave right as you come back.
TR-THE WEEK OF YES!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2428215
GKTW-3/10 ASMO-2/11 Disney Wonder-2/12Disney Wonder-11/12Disney Magic-1/13
alaskanabbott is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2010, 02:47 PM   #93
Momofwishkid
DIS Veteran

Yep, I'll only be home for a week before you guys leave. Hopefully I'll be able to at least start a TR but we'l see. I'll at least be able to answer any last minute questions you might have.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:14 PM   #94
snowwhitesmom
DIS Veteran
I'll let you guys in on a secret - I feel naked without my wires
the woed of the day is dookie?

Hi there - just checking in to see how everyone is doing!
snowwhitesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:41 PM   #95
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

Everyone is doing great. I'm just getting DH prepared for James and I being gone for 3 nights. We have a dr appt in the morning, then James gets fit for his chair, then we're off to Anchorage. I read that we may get some snow ( imagine that, snow, in Alaska!) Then I'm hoping to buy some luggage so when I get home I can start packing. I went to the store yesterday, they're having a 70% off clearance sale, whoot whoot, so I bought a few pairs of shorts. I'm not sure how comfortable the g-tube site is going to be, so I found those silky track shorts for James, and he's very happy with them...$3 a pair. And found a Buzz Lightyear Light up hoodie for about $6, in case anyone has a Buzz fanatic,they have a few left. My princess daughter Mackenzie is suddenly obsessed with Buzz, much to daddy's delight. This girl has more pink in her closet than Barbie, and she wore that Buzz hoodie to school...with a blue ribbon in her hair, ofcourse!
As far as planning for the trip goes, all is one hold till after we gethome from Anchorage, then it will be full force ahead. James has been in bed all day, so I still haven't got him to pick out his character meal. I'm hoping he'll feel more up to it later. He is listening to "Fablehaven" on CD, and I'm loving that he can still enjoy books, even if he can't read them. Ok, that's my uber-random post for the day
Old 02-24-2010, 06:05 PM   #96
Momofwishkid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Everyone is doing great. I'm just getting DH prepared for James and I being gone for 3 nights. We have a dr appt in the morning, then James gets fit for his chair, then we're off to Anchorage. I read that we may get some snow ( imagine that, snow, in Alaska!) Then I'm hoping to buy some luggage so when I get home I can start packing. I went to the store yesterday, they're having a 70% off clearance sale, whoot whoot, so I bought a few pairs of shorts. I'm not sure how comfortable the g-tube site is going to be, so I found those silky track shorts for James, and he's very happy with them...$3 a pair. And found a Buzz Lightyear Light up hoodie for about $6, in case anyone has a Buzz fanatic,they have a few left. My princess daughter Mackenzie is suddenly obsessed with Buzz, much to daddy's delight. This girl has more pink in her closet than Barbie, and she wore that Buzz hoodie to school...with a blue ribbon in her hair, ofcourse!
As far as planning for the trip goes, all is one hold till after we gethome from Anchorage, then it will be full force ahead. James has been in bed all day, so I still haven't got him to pick out his character meal. I'm hoping he'll feel more up to it later. He is listening to "Fablehaven" on CD, and I'm loving that he can still enjoy books, even if he can't read them. Ok, that's my uber-random post for the day
Good luck with the appointments tomorrow, Im sure all will go well.
What store was having the sale?? Gavin is a huge Toy Story fan and all he really wears are the track pants. I would love to find some for $3.
My DD Kia has read the Fablehaven books and really liked them. Hope James does too.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:30 PM   #97
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I would love to find some for $3.
My DD Kia has read the Fablehaven books and really liked them. Hope James does too.
The clothes are all at Fred Meyer (can't remember if you have one there) What size hoodie does he wear? I can buy it here and send if you don't have a Fred Meyers. There wasn't many track pants, lots of track shorts.
Let me know if you want to pick some things up...tomorrow morning will be my last oppertunity, b/c I think th esale is over before we get back into town.
Are there more Fablehaven books? Oh good! Mine are reading right now: Cirque Du Freak, Levan Thumps, The Rangers Apprentice and Bones...the older boys are reading the Left Behind series.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:19 PM   #98
snowwhitesmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sounds like the next few days are going to be VERY busy! But just think - when you come back, it will be time to focus on the trip, AND the g tube will be in! Have a safe trip- and remember we will be thinking of you! Will you have internet access over theweekend?
Old 02-24-2010, 08:27 PM   #99
Momofwishkid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The clothes are all at Fred Meyer (can't remember if you have one there) What size hoodie does he wear? I can buy it here and send if you don't have a Fred Meyers. There wasn't many track pants, lots of track shorts.
Let me know if you want to pick some things up...tomorrow morning will be my last oppertunity, b/c I think th esale is over before we get back into town.
Are there more Fablehaven books? Oh good! Mine are reading right now: Cirque Du Freak, Levan Thumps, The Rangers Apprentice and Bones...the older boys are reading the Left Behind series.
Thanks for the offer Amber. We have a Fred Meyer right down the road ao I'll run down in the morning and see what I can find. My DD has a set of 3 of the Fablehaven books. Fablehaven, Fablehaven: Rise of the Evening star and Fablehaven: Grip of the shadow plague. DD has also read the Left Behind series. She just turned 12 but reads ALOT, sounds like the kids have a few things in common
Old 02-24-2010, 09:34 PM   #100
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the offer Amber. We have a Fred Meyer right down the road ao I'll run down in the morning and see what I can find. My DD has a set of 3 of the Fablehaven books. Fablehaven, Fablehaven: Rise of the Evening star and Fablehaven: Grip of the shadow plague. DD has also read the Left Behind series. She just turned 12 but reads ALOT, sounds like the kids have a few things in common
OOOO good! I found the Buzz sweatshirts in the boys 4-7 clearance section. My daughter is 12 too, and like yours, is an avid reader. The last few months it's been The Rangers Apprentice series, and The Apprentice series, now Cirque Du Freak, which I didn't really love b/c it's kind of dark. Macylea read Rachels Tears- about the Columbine shooting, and she was really into it, but it left her feeling very melencholy.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:07 PM   #101
pipersmom
DIS Veteran

Just stopping in to tell you good luck with your appts tomorrow! Is there a way to send James e-cards or e-mail at the hospital you guys go to? If so let us know Very cool deals you found..I finally muscled up today and tried on the stuff I bought back in December ( I was halfway scared they wouldn't fit!) and they did, thank goodness!! We'll keep you guys in our thoughts
Old 02-25-2010, 12:58 AM   #102
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipersmom View Post
Just stopping in to tell you good luck with your appts tomorrow! Is there a way to send James e-cards or e-mail at the hospital you guys go to? If so let us know Very cool deals you found..I finally muscled up today and tried on the stuff I bought back in December ( I was halfway scared they wouldn't fit!) and they did, thank goodness!! We'll keep you guys in our thoughts
OH Hurray you! I tried on a pair of last summers capri's and I look like a sausage..thank goodness nobody knows me in Florida! I did loose two pounds last week (thank you Weight Watchers!) and I'm holding out hope I can drop 4 more before the plane departs.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:42 AM   #103
Maryrn11168
DIS Veteran

Good luck today!! Hope all goes well!!!

Honeymoon-Swan 1997,AKL 5/02, Off site 11/02, Hilton Head 8/03, OKW 11/03, Hilton Head 8/04, BCV 5/05, Boardwalk 5/06, Vero Beach 8/07, VWL 5/2008, Magic Western 10/08, BWV 11/08, HHI 8/09, Magic Eastern 3/10, SSR 10/10, Vero Beach 8/11, Dream 5-night 8/11, BLT 8/11, Disney 1/2 Marathon 1/12, 5/12 SSR, 6/12 Magic Weekend Getaway, 7/12 BCV, 9/13 DVC Member Cruise, 10/13 BCV, 2nd 1/2 Marathon BCV 1/14
Maryrn11168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:20 PM   #104
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

What a way to start the day!

Ok, we got up bright and early, got the other kids off to school, and finished packing for the hospital. Then got a phone call that Elijah (10) had fallen on the ice and the school nurse was worried he had a concussion. Went and got Elijah from school, who by now had two black eyes, a huge lump on his head and was having trouble seeing out of his left eye. So yes, Elijah has a concussion. After an hour and a half drs appt, James and I were ready to go...again...Oh but mother nature had her own thoughts. We awoke to a few inches of fresh snow, but up here what's a few inches? Well I live in a mountainous region, and the last two weeks the weather has been warming up, so new snow on top of warmed up snow= yes, you guessed it, AVALANCHE! No I am not kidding, we had an avalanche in the pass and now we are patiently waiting for the DOT to clear the road so we can actually begin the drive to Anchorage.
I'm not sure we will have internet access, but I'll keep you'll posted soon as I can!
Old 02-25-2010, 05:34 PM   #105
snowwhitesmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok, we got up bright and early, got the other kids off to school, and finished packing for the hospital. Then got a phone call that Elijah (10) had fallen on the ice and the school nurse was worried he had a concussion. Went and got Elijah from school, who by now had two black eyes, a huge lump on his head and was having trouble seeing out of his left eye. So yes, Elijah has a concussion. After an hour and a half drs appt, James and I were ready to go...again...Oh but mother nature had her own thoughts. We awoke to a few inches of fresh snow, but up here what's a few inches? Well I live in a mountainous region, and the last two weeks the weather has been warming up, so new snow on top of warmed up snow= yes, you guessed it, AVALANCHE! No I am not kidding, we had an avalanche in the pass and now we are patiently waiting for the DOT to clear the road so we can actually begin the drive to Anchorage.
I'm not sure we will have internet access, but I'll keep you'll posted soon as I can!
Oh,Amber, I am so sorry - Murphy's Law, huh? I hope Elijah is okay. Here are good thoughts for your travels!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: