Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2010, 12:21 AM   #76
yinyanggirls
DIS Veteran

There is one at Disney that has Alice and ??? someone help me here, is the Mad Hatter? Or there is the Pirate adventure thing they do on a boat, I seem to remember it was not too pricey.
yinyanggirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:32 AM   #77
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyanggirls View Post
There is one at Disney that has Alice and ??? someone help me here, is the Mad Hatter? Or there is the Pirate adventure thing they do on a boat, I seem to remember it was not too pricey.
Ok the pirate thing on the boat is very James! He had a Jack Sparrow look alike come visit him in the hospital on Christmas morning and was in heaven...is that at WDW? Anyone with info on that let me know!!!
TR-THE WEEK OF YES!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2428215
GKTW-3/10 ASMO-2/11 Disney Wonder-2/12Disney Wonder-11/12Disney Magic-1/13
alaskanabbott is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2010, 07:43 AM   #78
pipersmom
DIS Veteran

The Pirate cruise is WDW, but I think you catch the boat at one of the WDW resorts. One TheCapells TR's has his son going on it, if I remember correctly, I'll find out and let you know!
Old 02-22-2010, 07:58 AM   #79
Nettaboo
DIS Veteran

Hi James!! So glad you were feeling good enough to visit the site!!I know you will enjoy Disney World!!!
Nettaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:08 AM   #80
pacrosby
DIS Veteran

The Pirates Adventure Cruise (or whatever it's called) goes out from 4 different resorts, the Grand Floridian, the Yacht and Beach Club, Port Orleans Riverside and the Carribean Beach Resort. It's slotted for 4-12 year olds and since James is on the upper end you might want to look into it further to find it if it is truly something he would want to do. I think it's an 'active' adventure so that may or may not be an issue too. Just something to look into. There's also something where you can go at MK and get all made-up like a pirate (I'll go back and try and find it and edit this post with the details).

Then if he is really into Pirates there is a dinner show in Orlando called, coincidentally enough, the Pirates Dinner Adventure. GKTW offers reduced priced tickets to this show........free for Wish child and 50% off for the rest of the family (you will likely be getting an expense check that will allow you to do a fair amount of extras). I don't know if you're thinking of doing everything together as a cohesive group all week or if you are considering splitting up at times. There are occasions where the parks are open until the wee hours of the morning and James may not be up for it. On such a night one of you could consider taking James and a sibling or two to the Dinner and then go back and meet up with the rest of the gang at the park. Just tossing out things to consider.

Also, if you are trying to work around a theme like Pirates (some of us have done that) GKTW offers free tickets to Pirates Island Adventure Golf in Kissimmee........... a 5 minute drive from the Village. I don't know how cheesy it is, you could always check out their site to see if they have photos.

Just throwin' stuff out to you

edited to add: ok just found the Pirate makeover thingy........................it's called the Pirate League and it's located next to the Pirates of the Carribean attraction in the MK. The makeover boys/girls/adults to like like pirates with makeup, bandannas etc.

btw: hi to James

Last edited by pacrosby; 02-22-2010 at 08:13 AM.
pacrosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:26 AM   #81
pipersmom
DIS Veteran

It is one of thecappells TRs, and his son was younger. I would take Pamela's advice and look into it further, as it may not be something he'd enjoy with all the younger boys along?

Pamela..you are so on it!
Old 02-22-2010, 08:56 AM   #82
Maryrn11168
DIS Veteran

Hi James!! I hope you are feeling better. All my kids love Chef Mickey's for Breakfast or dinner. It is a non-stop party with swining you napkins around. You are greeted by Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Chip & Dale, and Pluto!! This is a favorite for boys and girls. It is located in the Contemporary Resort. As for rides...Tower of Terror, any of the roller coasters, there are too many to name. The rides the kids don't really like but will put up with them b/c I like them are It's a Small World, Winnie the Poph, and the People Mover.

I hope you have a great trip!!!

Feeding tube.....My son does not have one put my friends daughter had her's placed last Wed. Home from the hospital on Friday and are finding it very easy. 4 feedings per day, started with them going in over an hour and noew they can go in in 30-40 min. She even started the feeding while Taylor was napping. Good luck with everything!!

Honeymoon-Swan 1997,AKL 5/02, Off site 11/02, Hilton Head 8/03, OKW 11/03, Hilton Head 8/04, BCV 5/05, Boardwalk 5/06, Vero Beach 8/07, VWL 5/2008, Magic Western 10/08, BWV 11/08, HHI 8/09, Magic Eastern 3/10, SSR 10/10, Vero Beach 8/11, Dream 5-night 8/11, BLT 8/11, Disney 1/2 Marathon 1/12, 5/12 SSR, 6/12 Magic Weekend Getaway, 7/12 BCV, 9/13 DVC Member Cruise, 10/13 BCV, 2nd 1/2 Marathon BCV 1/14
Maryrn11168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 03:36 PM   #83
snowwhitesmom
DIS Veteran
I'll let you guys in on a secret - I feel naked without my wires
the woed of the day is dookie?

Hi James, Amber, Macylea, and Family!
So - how many more days now? Not too many!
here is a link to info about the Pirates Laegue at Magic Kingdom
http://land.allears.net/reviewpost/s...hp?product=556
and here's one about character meals
http://allears.net/din/chglance.htm
My family seems to be able to do both Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios in one day each - Epcot and Magic Kingdom we usually spend more time in, especially Epcot.
How is everyone feeling today?
snowwhitesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:43 PM   #84
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowwhitesmom View Post
Hi James, Amber, Macylea, and Family!
So - how many more days now? Not too many!
here is a link to info about the Pirates Laegue at Magic Kingdom
http://land.allears.net/reviewpost/s...hp?product=556
and here's one about character meals
http://allears.net/din/chglance.htm
My family seems to be able to do both Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios in one day each - Epcot and Magic Kingdom we usually spend more time in, especially Epcot.
How is everyone feeling today?
Hi! I PM'd ya too! I think we are at three weeks from yesterday. James and I leave Thursday for the hospital, and should be home Sunday night. We plan on picking up some luggage in Anchorage, as we only own one suitcase in our family We've never gone on a family trip together, it's always been James and I, so we only needed one bag.
I'm going to check the character meals link now, BIG THANKS for that link! and let James make his pick.
Since we don't have a diagnosis on James, we never know what it means when he feels yucky like this. Will it get better in a few days or is this the new "norm"? So far it's taken a year to get where he is at now...and the changes in him seem so slow that honestly DH and I don't notice his decline like other people do. It isn't until we look back at say, a few months ago he could go to school all day, and now he can only do about 3 hours, that we see he IS changing. The good news about not having a diagnosis is we don't have bad news to tell us he is going to be such and such a way...meaning we still have HUGE amounts of hope! I think we will see a perkier boy once the NG gets replaced with the G-tube. Also, we are still hoping that while they have him under htye will finally be able to biopsy the abdominal masses, which to date, have not been biopsied.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:49 PM   #85
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryrn11168 View Post
Hi James!! I hope you are feeling better. All my kids love Chef Mickey's for Breakfast or dinner. It is a non-stop party with swining you napkins around. You are greeted by Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Chip & Dale, and Pluto!!

We are checking on those right now

Feeding tube 4 feedings per day, started with them going in over an hour and noew they can go in in 30-40 min.
I can't believe the things I get excited about now! But the more we hear about the g-tube, the more we can't wait to have it done! Thanks for your reply, it just reinforces how we feel about it
Old 02-22-2010, 04:56 PM   #86
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=pacrosby;35538495]
Just throwin' stuff out to you

I LOVE what your thowing at me I can't believe how much you know about this! I have all the info saved so after school he has something fun to think about, and he gets to decide which one we will do

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipersmom View Post
I would take Pamela's advice and look into it further, as it may not be something he'd enjoy with all the younger boys along?
This is a tough one, b/c while James is almost 13, he also has CP and is DD, he opperates at about a 7 year old level. So Winnie the Pooh is a little young for him, but dressing up like a Pirate- right up his ally! As for the teen-agers, they can deal with it!
Old 02-22-2010, 06:28 PM   #87
snowwhitesmom
DIS Veteran

Amber, you are so smart to keep showing the kids pics and talking about your plans - anticipation is half the fun!
I forgot to mention - my oldest had the PE tubes put in her ears, so when the time comes for your little one, if I can help in any way, let me know.
PM'd you too!{Tag! You're it!}
Old 02-23-2010, 12:32 AM   #88
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

Today was a good day! Hubby came from his work trip, and having two parents at home for 6 kiddo's is sooo much better than one! Then b/c I read another post who did this...I emailed all the local car rental companies and asked if they could wave the $200 airport drop-off fee. The manager for Hertz emailed me back and said she's going to work on it, and to give her a few days, but that she will definatly be able to do "something"! That was my final "worry"-getting to Anchorage and back.
Also, b/c of Jennifer (momofwishkid), Friday I called the company we are getting James' wheelchair from and they said they just needed a DR note and our insurance will cover a rental chair. I got the dr to send them a scrip today, and called to ask if the rental chair might be here by the time we leave, March 14th. Now for all of you NOT in Alaska, just b/c he can get the chair, doesn't mean there is actually one in the state...usually it's something that gets shipped up. She said after our call she had it FedExd up, even before getting the note from the doctor, and it's due here tomorrow! OK that is pretty great news. Otherwise James is feeling better tonight, no pain meds! (I love that) and he was able to move all his formula today, which means he should be well enough for the g-tube surgery Friday. Today was a very good day indeed
Old 02-23-2010, 01:36 AM   #89
yinyanggirls
DIS Veteran

Wow, good news all around! You're really moving on the plans now! I went to Alaska in the 1980s and I can picture what you are talking about. How awesome of her to FedEx it!
yinyanggirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:13 AM   #90
snowwhitesmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanabbott View Post
Today was a good day! Hubby came from his work trip, and having two parents at home for 6 kiddo's is sooo much better than one! Then b/c I read another post who did this...I emailed all the local car rental companies and asked if they could wave the $200 airport drop-off fee. The manager for Hertz emailed me back and said she's going to work on it, and to give her a few days, but that she will definatly be able to do "something"! That was my final "worry"-getting to Anchorage and back.
Also, b/c of Jennifer (momofwishkid), Friday I called the company we are getting James' wheelchair from and they said they just needed a DR note and our insurance will cover a rental chair. I got the dr to send them a scrip today, and called to ask if the rental chair might be here by the time we leave, March 14th. Now for all of you NOT in Alaska, just b/c he can get the chair, doesn't mean there is actually one in the state...usually it's something that gets shipped up. She said after our call she had it FedExd up, even before getting the note from the doctor, and it's due here tomorrow! OK that is pretty great news. Otherwise James is feeling better tonight, no pain meds! (I love that) and he was able to move all his formula today, which means he should be well enough for the g-tube surgery Friday. Today was a very good day indeed
So glad you all had a good day - here's hopes that today will be just as good, if not better!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: