Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2011, 08:19 AM   #256
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran

Well last weekend we did it, we bought a whole case at the disney store. we bought the villians, they only have 4 set there. i now officially have one full set. Then last night we went and picked up a blind box animation and I got the pink elephant!! so happy!!! found out last weekend that the pinoccho my daughter has is the one with the blue ears, him as a boy, didn't even know there were two. But did find out from a guy at the store as we were checking out that they are going to start trading in the stores next month! so happy!!
Old 02-20-2011, 08:04 PM   #257
boysmom5150
DIS Veteran

vinylmation park 1

Hi there

We just started collecting back in Aug and it has quickly become an addiction for our boys. We missed out on Park 1 and would like to know if anyone here has a FULL set that they would be willing to sell. Please PM me

Thanks

TEAM FOCKER WATCH
boysmom5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2011, 08:24 PM   #258
Pumbaa7287
I am the great Stone Dragon!
You may ask why someone would want to inflict that kind of pain on themselves

Boysmom, even if someone did have a full set, there is a 99% chance they would not sell it, and if they did, they would want at least $1500 for it. The balloon chaser alone is going for over $500 on eBay. Not trying to discourage you, just letting you know what you're asking.

Kungaloosh!

Oh the places you'll go:
Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club, Old Key West, Wilderness Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans Resort, Saratoga Springs, All-Star Movies, Pop Century

And miles to go before I sleep:
Boardwalk Inn, Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Yacht Club, All-Star Music, All-Star Sports, Art of Animation

10 down, 8 to go!
Pumbaa7287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:33 PM   #259
Patriotic_Duck
Earning My Ears

Okay, so I got the itch to buy this weekend and bought the Chip and Dale "Nerds Rock" and the 9" Glow in the Dark Create Your Own! I'm so excited!
August 2014 - Fort Wilderness Cabins

Lucky Pookie DS15 DD10
Patriotic_Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:29 AM   #260
boysmom5150
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumbaa7287 View Post
Boysmom, even if someone did have a full set, there is a 99% chance they would not sell it, and if they did, they would want at least $1500 for it. The balloon chaser alone is going for over $500 on eBay. Not trying to discourage you, just letting you know what you're asking.
Thanks for your response
I know if I had a park 1 set I WOULDNT sell it but thought I would throw it out there.. You never know!!
Unfortunately for me I know what they are going for. Last month I just missed out on a "deal" on ebay....full set with chaser sold for $850!!!I am kicking myself. seems in the last few weeks prices are only going up
Oh well..more waiting I guess

TEAM FOCKER WATCH
boysmom5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:55 PM   #261
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Congrats Pumbaa!

And hey, hey to everyone who just dropped into the thread!

I'm kind of excited. Been trading away a storm lately and I'm coming close to knocking everything off my list that I want for the time being. A friend at DLR picked up Simba for me today and my BF picked up the 9" Fantasmic for me!! Yippee! Although now I've got two My DS.com luck went better this time and the one I ordered just shipped. Gotta figure out if I'm going to keep it or not at this point.

wish journalmy new blog
live well - laugh often - run disney
Belle Ella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:59 PM   #262
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran

Can anybody tell me if there are any special things with the villians set? Variants or anything like that?
Old 02-21-2011, 06:07 PM   #263
Pumbaa7287

No variants as far as I know, normal set of 11 plus Jafar chaser.

Kungaloosh!

Oh the places you'll go:
Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club, Old Key West, Wilderness Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans Resort, Saratoga Springs, All-Star Movies, Pop Century

Boardwalk Inn, Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Yacht Club, All-Star Music, All-Star Sports, Art of Animation

10 down, 8 to go!
Old 02-21-2011, 09:39 PM   #264
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkscvol1 View Post
Can anybody tell me if there are any special things with the villians set? Variants or anything like that?
Nope, no variants in the Villains series. Just your 11 figures plus the Chaser.

wish journalmy new blog
Old 02-22-2011, 05:36 AM   #265
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran

Ok so we bought our first case of villians, I've opened and got my whole set plus chaser. Now, I was going to sell the extras on ebay-but wonder if I should sell as blind boxes or go ahead and open them. Any suggestions? Oh, there's just one chaser in each box, right?
Old 02-22-2011, 05:49 AM   #266
Pumbaa7287

Just one chaser per box... If you're going to put the blindboxes on eBay, I'd recommend saying you already got the chaser and these are extras. Some people sell them telling people they could have the chaser when it's very obviously just leftover boxes from a case.

Kungaloosh!

Oh the places you'll go:

10 down, 8 to go!
Old 02-22-2011, 10:32 AM   #267
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Smile

The trade meet in NYC on Saturday went really well and we had a fantastic turnout! yay! We are hoping for another one maybe in early May?

I was able to finish Animation series..and then introduced to Urban 5, so now I'm collecting that.

No trades for my Holiday 2, though. It seems not too many collect that series, but I love 'em!

I was able to trade away most of my Park 3, & some Animation & the other singles I had.

Afterwards, we hit the Disney store and then a few of us, went to dinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorcererDonald16 View Post
If anyone is after the Park 5 9" Fantasmic! and Tree of Life and is not near WDW or DLR, they were just listed on disneystore .com at around 3:30am EST.

Also, if you enter FREESHIP in the promo field at checkout, you'll get free shipping. Believe that code works through the weekend.

Urban 3 and Park 3 cases are up too, discounted to $139.95; blind boxes for both are on there for $5.99. Good for trading, or collecting if you haven't tackled those series yet.
Sold out now...and free shipping ended on Sunday. I thought it would last unil monday, but I was wrong.

As soon as I finished Park 3, they get discounted! LOL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumbaa7287 View Post
I got Jafar and Old Hag in two blind boxes this morning! So excited!
Wow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic_Duck View Post
Hey guys! I am totally new to the Vinylmation thing, I only have the 3" Football and 1.5" Football Field Jr. from the Sports Series.
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkscvol1 View Post
Well last weekend we did it, we bought a whole case at the disney store. we bought the villians, they only have 4 set there. i now officially have one full set. Then last night we went and picked up a blind box animation and I got the pink elephant!! so happy!!! found out last weekend that the pinoccho my daughter has is the one with the blue ears, him as a boy, didn't even know there were two. But did find out from a guy at the store as we were checking out that they are going to start trading in the stores next month! so happy!!
I only bought a nearly full box once. I have to say blind boxing it does make it more fun, but lot less stressful. And you do not alot to trade with!

Yes, animation series has a variant..pinocchio with and without the ears. and they also have 4 chasers. I'm not such a fan of multiple chasers & variants but there you go! animation also has the simba combo pack as well.

I'm not as familiar with villans, but someone here can answer it!
Old 02-22-2011, 03:25 PM   #268
Sonya
Kaki Gori Veteran
My brain just went *poof*

Hi everyone! I just found you, usually I'm on the community board. I have a nice little collection that includes a lot of Cutesters, Urban and Park 2. Then I kind of dropped out because there wasn't anything that interested me until Star Wars!

I have a question, are we allowed to trade here?

Sonya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:13 PM   #269
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonya View Post
Hi everyone! I just found you, usually I'm on the community board. I have a nice little collection that includes a lot of Cutesters, Urban and Park 2. Then I kind of dropped out because there wasn't anything that interested me until Star Wars!

I have a question, are we allowed to trade here?
Yup, yup! We have a small trading thread already if you'd like to check it out: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2648399

wish journalmy new blog
Old 02-22-2011, 08:54 PM   #270
brdlyleon
Born with Mickey ears!

Hello all! Ive been wanting to start collectiong for some time now but never got around to it...then, just the other day, I stopped by the Disney Store at my mall and they had them! The exact collection i wanted: Animation. I only have an exact idea of what i want and the collection i need.

Here's my "style": I LOVE all of the Disney animated features, which, if you dont know, trace from Snow White down to Tangled, and it doesnt include pixar, and I wanted to see about getting one figure for each movie. Seems impossible now but im sure its possible.

The day I went I started my collection and got Peter Pan and Aladdin. I wanted to go for the random ones but an employee there told me there's a system for always getting the figure you wanted to so I just chose my 2 fave.

IDK if anyone likes this idea but certainly let me know what to you think! I also needed help with something else: identifying what figures I can get. I'll put up a list below of the movies and the figures I know for each movie but let me know if im overlooking something

- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs - Evil Queen, hag form
- Pinocchio - Pinocchio, regular and donkey, and the-bad-guy-whose-name-escapes-me
- Fantasia - I think there was the Hippo but it mightve been 9 inch, and i need 3 in
- Dumbo - Pink elephant chasers
- Bambi
- Saludos Amigos
- The Three Caballeros
- Make Mine Music
- Fun and Fancy Free
- Melody Time
- The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad
- Cinderella - Fairy Godmother
- Alice in Wonderland - Alice
- Peter Pan - Peter
- Lady and the Tramp
- Sleeping Beauty
- One Hundred and One Dalmatians - Cruella de Vil
- The Sword in the Stone - Madamn Mims or whatever her name is lol
- The Jungle Book - Kaa
- The Aristocats - Marie
- Robin Hood - Prince John
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- The Rescuers
- The Fox and the Hound
- The Black Cauldron
- The Great Mouse Detective
- Oliver & Company - Dodger
- The Little Mermaid - Ursula
- The Rescuers Down Under
- Beauty and the Beast - Maybe Beast, but same situation as Hippo
- Aladdin - Aladdin and Jafar chaser
- The Lion King - Simba?? and Hyeana
- Pocahontas - Governor Radcliffe
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame - Quasimodo
- Hercules - Phil
- Mulan - Mushu and Xi...bad guy lol
- Tarzan
- Fantasia 2000
- Dinosaur
- The Emperor's New Groove
- Atlantis: The Lost Empire
- Lilo & Stitch - is there a stitch one?
- Treasure Planet
- Brother Bear
- Home on the Range
- Chicken Little
- Meet the Robinsons
- Bolt
- The Princess and the Frog - Prince Naveen, frog mode
- Tangled

there are some where I think im gonna have to find something that deals with it. I believe theres a tropical one with some birds which I was thinking about placing with The Three Caballeros since that one takes in Brazil and deals alot with birds. If anyone has any hints, clues, or suggestion about these lemme know!
brdlyleon is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: