Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2011, 04:09 PM   #226
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Smile Gentle reminder....

Hi guys..reposting....

Just to let you know there is a date for a NYC vinylmation trading meet on Feb 19th at 2pm at Rockefeller Center Concourse...Starbucks.

It is also under the FB page called "Mouse traders NYC". I think there will also be pin trading for those into that and general Disney chatting - you don't have to trade anything...just hang.

I hope to trade my Animation doubles (and triples!), Holiday Series 2 to finish my collections and I have some singles that I'll bring along with me from various other series.

I'll be at WDW in May, so I hope to get the 40th Anniversary series and special events ones.

I'm trying very hard NOT to do to DS.com for them as well as Simba combo. I so want that one!!
Old 02-12-2011, 11:02 AM   #227
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Wish I was in NYC to go! I do get to go to an unnoficial trade night in March at Disneyland! I'm so excted.

Did anybody get the Simba combo-pack yesterday? I'm pretty sad today. I tried ordering it early early yesterday morning and all seemed to be going well but I guess they over sold them I got an email 24 hours later saying I'm not getting in. Very bad way to start off my morning today.
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2011, 01:43 PM   #228
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
Wish I was in NYC to go! I do get to go to an unnoficial trade night in March at Disneyland! I'm so excted.

Did anybody get the Simba combo-pack yesterday? I'm pretty sad today. I tried ordering it early early yesterday morning and all seemed to be going well but I guess they over sold them I got an email 24 hours later saying I'm not getting in. Very bad way to start off my morning today.
Yay for your trade night!

I *think* my friend got me one for my birthday.

I've been trying hard not to look at the DS.com site too much. but I'm pretty certain, I'm going to break down and pick up some gems.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:58 PM   #229
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

I think my Simba debacle with DS.com has given me the perpesctive I need not to buy anything on their website. It'll be cheaper in the long rin if I wait a little longer and get it at the Park so I don't have to pay shipping. That raises the game a little too much for me.

Then I see this on the Vinylmation Blog:

Quote:
Anyway, we have some exciting news! The first Disney Afternoon, two-figure set is coming to the Disney Parks On-Line Store on Friday, February 25. The first set ... Tale Spin!

So, let's spin it. Here is a look at the packaging plus the front of Kit and Baloo from the set. Edition size is 1000 and retail is $24.95

So far, only word is that it will be available on the website. I think I'll have to pass on them, unless the BF would like them. He loves Tail Spin.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:05 PM   #230
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
So far, only word is that it will be available on the website. I think I'll have to pass on them, unless the BF would like them. He loves Tail Spin.
Saw those too. I grew up on Tailspin. And doesn't it figure I will be at WDW on the 25th with them only being offered on DS.com as of now? I LOVE irony.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:59 PM   #231
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
Saw those too. I grew up on Tailspin. And doesn't it figure I will be at WDW on the 25th with them only being offered on DS.com as of now? I LOVE irony.
Aw man, figures, right? I have until then to decide if I really want to order it. I want to, but at the rate I'm going I need some self control!

I just got my clear pink elephant in the mail today!! I'm so excited about it.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:16 PM   #232
Pumbaa7287
I am the great Stone Dragon!
You may ask why someone would want to inflict that kind of pain on themselves

Congrats on the Pink Elephant! Hopefully I can get the Tail Spin before I get "Belle'd", which is what I'm now calling it when the site tells you you bought something and then changes its mind. I'm sure it's happened to others, but I've now read your story here, on VN, and on Facebook, haha.

BTW, I think VN is down. I saw a message they were going down to change servers, so if you're looking for the site, it should be back later tonight according to the people there.

Kungaloosh!

Oh the places you'll go:
Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club, Old Key West, Wilderness Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans Resort, Saratoga Springs, All-Star Movies, Pop Century

And miles to go before I sleep:
Boardwalk Inn, Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Yacht Club, All-Star Music, All-Star Sports, Art of Animation

10 down, 8 to go!
Pumbaa7287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:21 PM   #233
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

I just had to make sure everyone knew of my disappointment, lol.

I saw Sledge's post there so thankfully I didn't have to freak out a few minutes ago when I tried to log in and post about my mail day! I always get stressed whenever DIS is down. I'm addicted to forums.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:23 PM   #234
Pumbaa7287

Haha yeah I posted my mail day about 5 minutes before it went down.

Kungaloosh!

Oh the places you'll go:
Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club, Old Key West, Wilderness Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans Resort, Saratoga Springs, All-Star Movies, Pop Century

Boardwalk Inn, Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Yacht Club, All-Star Music, All-Star Sports, Art of Animation

10 down, 8 to go!
Old 02-14-2011, 04:51 PM   #235
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Well, I can post it here at least!

Yay!
Old 02-14-2011, 05:40 PM   #236
Pumbaa7287

I'm not a fan of the Pink Elephants in general, but it's cool to get them to complete the series. I am a completionist, lol. I can hear my wallet getting scared.

Kungaloosh!

Oh the places you'll go:

10 down, 8 to go!
Old 02-14-2011, 05:54 PM   #237
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

I'm the oppoiste, I absolutely love them!! Well, I'm not as much a fan of the 2 solids, but I am completely in love with the 2 clears. It's my favorite part of Dumbo, and I love the pink elephants in Fantasmic! I have yet to decide if I'm going to go after the other 3 and if I'm going to after the Pinocchio variant.

The answer will probably be no. I'm short on cash at the moment and I have already done way more damage than I should until I can straighten that out.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:40 PM   #238
Pumbaa7287

I am officially getting withdrawals... It doesn't help that this site always runs slow as molasses for me

Kungaloosh!

Oh the places you'll go:

10 down, 8 to go!
Old 02-14-2011, 06:55 PM   #239
disney_forever
Disney OBSESSED!

Question Star Wars Vinylmation

Does anyone have the super chaser for the Star Wars set that they'd be willing to sell?
disney_forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:14 PM   #240
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumbaa7287 View Post
I am officially getting withdrawals... It doesn't help that this site always runs slow as molasses for me
I know the feeling, I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney_forever View Post
Does anyone have the super chaser for the Star Wars set that they'd be willing to sell?
Sorry, but no. Try your chances on eBay, but it's going to cost a pretty penny and then some.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: