Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2011, 05:16 PM   #196
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Aw, has anyone seen the 9" Fantasmic that comes out this month? That is as close to a must have as I can get. Here's to hoping I can get my hands on it somehow.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:44 PM   #197
Tigger6987
Mouseketeer

Had a great day, went to my local mall and picked up some vinyls! That definitley made my day! Got 3 villians (2 Gov Ratcliffe and a Cruelella) and 2 Animation (pinocho and Aladin). It always makes me happy when I can get some vinyls!

Tigger6987 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2011, 10:07 PM   #198
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger6987 View Post
Had a great day, went to my local mall and picked up some vinyls! That definitley made my day! Got 3 villians (2 Gov Ratcliffe and a Cruelella) and 2 Animation (pinocho and Aladin). It always makes me happy when I can get some vinyls!
Are you going to go for the entire sets of each or are you hoping for certain ones?
Old 02-08-2011, 12:13 AM   #199
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Smile Went to my disney store....uh oh!

..and bought me some vinyls!

I couldn't resist, so I got the rest of the box of animation vinyls - there were 5 missing, so not quite as costly as a whole box plus I got a Disney Visa card discount.

AND I'm still missing 2! LOL!

I got the Pinocchio variant (without the ears) and the pink elephant chaser/variant.

Whew! What a night!
Old 02-08-2011, 12:22 AM   #200
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMuse View Post
..and bought me some vinyls!

I couldn't resist, so I got the rest of the box of animation vinyls - there were 5 missing, so not quite as costly as a whole box plus I got a Disney Visa card discount.

AND I'm still missing 2! LOL!

I got the Pinocchio variant (without the ears) and the pink elephant chaser/variant.

Whew! What a night!
SWEET. Now that is a jackpot to bring home if you ask me, lol. Who are you missing now?
Old 02-08-2011, 08:44 AM   #201
ironlou
Mouseketeer

Here is a great story.

So I go to my Disney store located at the mall in Oklahoma city. I'm still new to this collection and I was working on my Nightmare collection as well as my villian collection. I just got my state income tax so what better way to celebrate than go buy a few vinyl's. I went to find and buy the 9 remaining Nightmare ones I needed (boogie, zero, santa, dr finklestein, sally and I went looking but not expecting to find lock, jock barrel and corpse kid) to my surprise the cast member went to the back and found the 4 kids! I was so excited.

As I was paying she asked me if I was colecting anythign else and I said I am also working on the villians and I just needed Prince John because 5 otehrs were on their way in the mail. She asks "so all you need is Prince John and your set in complete?" She turns around and pulled him out of a drawer. She had bought him looking for a specific one. She said "today is your lucky day" and gave it to me. She said as a gift for sharing a passion!

So I went ahead and started working on Toy Story. LOL I was so happy she gave me Prince John!
ironlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:47 AM   #202
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
SWEET. Now that is a jackpot to bring home if you ask me, lol. Who are you missing now?
I bought the nearly full box (only 5 missing), but not enouh to give me a whole set. I'm going to try to post some pics later.

I'm missing Peter Pan and Dragon(?) and regular Pinocchio (with the ears). There are 4 chasers and I only got one.

Now, I have quite a bit to trade on our trading day on Feb 19th in NYC!

http://twitpic.com/3xkdtq - almost full box!

http://twitpic.com/3xkmsx - the results!

http://img.twitpic.com/3xkq24 - pink elephant chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironlou View Post
As I was paying she asked me if I was colecting anythign else and I said I am also working on the villians and I just needed Prince John because 5 otehrs were on their way in the mail. She asks "so all you need is Prince John and your set in complete?" She turns around and pulled him out of a drawer. She had bought him looking for a specific one. She said "today is your lucky day" and gave it to me. She said as a gift for sharing a passion!

So I went ahead and started working on Toy Story. LOL I was so happy she gave me Prince John!
That's awesome!!!

Last edited by MyMuse; 02-08-2011 at 09:58 AM.
MyMuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:08 AM   #203
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironlou View Post

How awesome is that? I don't think I'll get so lucky, lol. I still need 4 to complete my set but shouldn't spend any more money for a while. I'm hoping that I can at least get 2 of them with my duplicates to trade later on but I'm also trying to get Magic Mirror from Park 5. I must have anything Snow White related, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMuse View Post
I bought the nearly full box (only 5 missing), but not enouh to give me a whole set. I'm going to try to post some pics later.

I'm missing Peter Pan and Dragon(?) and regular Pinocchio (with the ears). There are 4 chasers and I only got one.

Now, I have quite a bit to trade on our trading day on Feb 19th in NYC!

http://twitpic.com/3xkdtq - almost full box!

http://twitpic.com/3xkmsx - the results!

http://img.twitpic.com/3xkq24 - pink elephant chaser
I am just in love with that chaser! But I think my best bet for it is eBay sadly. But maybe I will get lucky. I did blind box Jafar. Are you going to go for all of the chaser variants?

Outside of the Pinocchio variant and the chasers, I'm still missing Marie, Mushu (Dragon from Mulan), Peter Pan, Marie, and Quasimodo. I am going to get the Simba combo pack that comes out on Friday though.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:34 AM   #204
DisneyDispatch
Earning My Ears

I run a site called DisneyDispatch and would like to add a new column about ... Disney Vinylmation! It would join the many other columns on the site and appear weekly.

If anyone is interested in writing that column, I'd love to hear from you.
DisneyDispatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:34 AM   #205
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Outside of the Pinocchio variant and the chasers, I'm still missing Marie, Mushu (Dragon from Mulan), Peter Pan, Marie, and Quasimodo. I am going to get the Simba combo pack that comes out on Friday though.
Simba combo pack???

(And I got about 10 Quasi's last month, my picks were like magnets for him.)
Old 02-08-2011, 11:23 AM   #206
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
Simba combo pack???

(And I got about 10 Quasi's last month, my picks were like magnets for him.)
I guess some series have combo packs with a special 3" (in this case Simba, from Lion King) paired with a blind box from that series. It gets released on the 11th but at DLR and WDW locations only. I'm still new to all of this I have no idea. I hope they still have some in a week and a half when my friend is there to pick some stuff up for me.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:41 PM   #207
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Ugh, OK. SO I was very, very bad today. I now have doubles of almost the entire Animation series minus any chasers/variants and still no Marie or Mushu. I need to get my trade on like ... right now but I wont be at DLR for another few weeks. Le sigh.

Hehe, if anyone needs any of the following:

- Aladdin
- Alice
- Dodger
- Phil
- Peter Pan
- Fairy Godmother
- Pinocchio (donkey)

ETA: In hindsight? I should have just purchased a full tray. Then at least I would have everyone and a chaser.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:09 PM   #208
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Smile

Quote:
I guess some series have combo packs with a special 3" (in this case Simba, from Lion King) paired with a blind box from that series. It gets released on the 11th but at DLR and WDW locations only. I'm still new to all of this I have no idea. I hope they still have some in a week and a half when my friend is there to pick some stuff up for me.
In the past, there were combo packs for Scoerer Mickey for Park Series...5, I think and also for Steampunk.

Since I'm nowhere near either places, I'll have to wait until my May visit to WDW.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:18 PM   #209
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Have they ever offered the combo packs on DS.com?
Old 02-09-2011, 07:41 AM   #210
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Have they ever offered the combo packs on DS.com?
Yes, there are at least 3 combo packs that I know of, each with the extra revealed character being Mickey.

The Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey, Plane Crazy Mickey, and a Black and Brown Mickey. I believe I heard somewhere that there would be a total of 5 of these combo packs.

The Brown and Black Mickey combo is for sale on DS.com now.

Brown and Black Mickey Combo Pack on DisneyStore.com

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: