Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-19-2013, 06:19 AM   #1
kris082668
Mouseketeer
 
kris082668's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Racine, WI
Posts: 102

I have my ADR's, my specially made invitations for each one, now what?

So, just about everything is planned - but the DISigned 'invitations' are still a surprise, and I'd like to sprinkle some extra pixie dust!

How do I surprise my DH and DS with the dining invitations? They are so special, it just doesn't do them justice by printing them out on plain copy paper. I was thinking of printing them out, trim the edges w/ a decorative scissors and then glueing it to another decorative paper, putting them each in a separate envelope, hiding them in my luggage and leaving one each morning by the hotel door (like it had been slid under the door). Am I over thinking this?

Any other suggestions??? (a big thank you to Mandy and Amy for making my obsession even more obsessive!)
__________________

Last edited by kris082668; 07-19-2013 at 07:38 PM. Reason: addl info
kris082668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:23 PM   #2
absolut_mandy
DIS Veteran
 
absolut_mandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,657

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris082668 View Post
So, just about everything is planned - but the DISigned 'invitations' are still a surprise, and I'd like to sprinkle some extra pixie dust!

How do I surprise my DH and DS with the dining invitations? They are so special, it just doesn't do them justice by printing them out on plain copy paper. I was thinking of printing them out, trim the edges w/ a decorative scissors and then glueing it to another decorative paper, putting them each in a separate envelope, hiding them in my luggage and leaving one each morning by the hotel door (like it had been slid under the door). Am I over thinking this?

Any other suggestions??? (a big thank you to Mandy and Amy for making my obsession even more obsessive!)
From the Queen of Overthinking, I usually leave them on the bed (mousekeeping puts in back on the bed after cleaning the room), on the dresser or bathrooom counter to be found in the morning or even get the cast members to help. One time we asked a cast member to give the invite to my god daughter and they went above and beyond. He came to our table and asked if Princess Ryan was here and she put up her hand. He got on his radio and said "yes, we have her here, okay, I will give it to her" and he handed her the invitation telling her that Cinderella wanted to make sure that she got it. It was worth all the money in the world to see her smile so much!

Have a wonderful trip!

Mandy
absolut_mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-21-2013, 07:13 AM   #3
disney631
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolut_mandy View Post
From the Queen of Overthinking, I usually leave them on the bed (mousekeeping puts in back on the bed after cleaning the room), on the dresser or bathrooom counter to be found in the morning or even get the cast members to help. One time we asked a cast member to give the invite to my god daughter and they went above and beyond. He came to our table and asked if Princess Ryan was here and she put up her hand. He got on his radio and said "yes, we have her here, okay, I will give it to her" and he handed her the invitation telling her that Cinderella wanted to make sure that she got it. It was worth all the money in the world to see her smile so much!

Have a wonderful trip!

Mandy
My husband also says I overthink everything and stress to much about the little details. But I can't help but want to make this extra special for my girls.
I love the idea of getting the cast member to help. Going to ask and see if I get lucky.
Thanks for sharing!
disney631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:36 PM   #4
Disneymadhouse
DIS Veteran
 
Disneymadhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northampton, England
Posts: 941

When we were at OKW last year, I just waited until DD was asleep, and then would put the invitation on the floor by the door, as if it had been slid under the door for her to find in the morning. She got so excited every morning when she found her invite from the characters

Claire
__________________

1994 WDW Lindfields villa 1999 WDW Polynesian Disney Magic 2002 WDW All Star sports 2005 Disneyland Radisson Maingate 2007 WDW Best Western Lakeside 2012 WDW OKW 2014 Disney Magic 2015 ???
Disneymadhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:22 PM   #5
kris082668
Mouseketeer
 
kris082668's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Racine, WI
Posts: 102

Thank you so much for the great ideas! It makes me smile knowing I'm not alone with the obsessive Disney stuff.
kris082668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:09 PM   #6
heidihoho50
Earning My Ears
 
heidihoho50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Steeler Nation
Posts: 74

Where can I find these invites??
heidihoho50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:58 PM   #7
dyoung5944
<a href="http://distickers.com/ticker/"><img src="http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/klh1k4pl07co37bx.png" alt="DIStickers.com Ticker" border="0"/></a>
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2

wdw amatuer

I need help...I have tinker bell gifts but i dont know what else i need for our first family trip to disney...what are ADR invites? I dont know what ADR even means? lol help!
dyoung5944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:57 PM   #8
bababear_50
Does amazing things with teeth and string!
Song writer extraordiaire
 
bababear_50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 10,317

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyoung5944 View Post
I need help...I have tinker bell gifts but i dont know what else i need for our first family trip to disney...what are ADR invites? I dont know what ADR even means? lol help!
Hi Hon
ADR just means== Advanced Dining Reservations.
Some people print these "invites" for their children.

Here is an example of an invite



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Check out Dee Hill's thread to see some great invites
Link here
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....066708&page=91

You might want to check out my photobucket for "Tinker Bell" tags
Link is in my signature

Hugs Mel
bababear_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:24 PM   #9
noahdove
DIS Veteran
 
noahdove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Finger Lakes region of NY
Posts: 6,367

You will find the invites here, I know there are a few designers that create them..Just do a general request on a new thread and ask away.. They will need place, date and time. In the past I left the invites, shirts etc on the bed so when they would get up there were the surprises....enjoy and have a great time
__________________
Happy Easter everyone.. Marilyn

noahdove is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.