Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2010, 03:51 PM   #91
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvvsMickey View Post
Heather, I'll be sportin' my Mickey jammies shortly. Just dropped Cassie off at her friend's place and hoping for a sleepover. hehe I'll be breaking out the bottle of wine as hubby just called and asked me if we had any Pepsi to mix with rum tonight. Guess he had a rough day and he had some not so nice words to say. Ruh roh!
ohhh....sleepover!!! Just make sure it's definately on before you start drinking. I can just see that conversation now....."um....can you drop her off please, we're both a little tipsy"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
..sigh...it's sad isn't it that I do not get there more often. Not driving saves me from long weekends...but it is still a whole days drive, so not like 3 or 4 hours.

Wann hear another sad fact? I do not own any Mickey PJ's!
8 hrs is much better than the 22 hrs I'd have!
I'll trade you your 8hrs to Disney for my Mickey PJ's!!!
Quote:
Does everyone else receive email notification of posts? I haven't been receiving any at all.

Kathy - you've been in my thoughts. How is Markie doing today? And how is your brother?
It's probably because you clicked "subscribe" before you posted first. I know that if I post to a thread I get the emails. If I just subscribe, I don't. Personally, I hate the notifications, it fills up my entire inbox. I'd rather just go into my user CP to see if there were responses.
Quote:
Meh. I'll be asleep by 10.
Heck, I'd be asleep by 9 and that's without the wine!
Quote:
Welcome to the club...or are you a founding member too??
I think I'm a member. I'm too confused to know for sure.
Quote:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!! Did anyone notice that since our Pickle II thread I was visited by the TAG FAIRY!!
Cool!
Old 02-19-2010, 04:10 PM   #92
karibritt01
The primary problem with America is stupidity. Maybe we should just take all the warning labels off and let the problem solve itself.

Happy Friday!!! You all have been very chatty today. And I only had 1 email notification to show for it, too.

We have been having glorious weather today... 55 and sunny. I love the mid-winter thaw that we get in NC! My kids are playing in the backyard without jackets, and the house is quiet. Supposed to last through the middle of next week!

Christine... when I'm home alone, I am fine until about 10pm. Then I set the house alarm, fix a snack and a drink, and lock myself in my bedroom for the night. One of my favorite places to be is snuggled in my bed with a book or a movie. I watched "The Ugly Truth" last night... a bit risque, but freakin hilarious! That may be one I end up buying.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2010, 04:26 PM   #93
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

10 p.m.?? You are brave!! I begin to get fearful around 5, close all the blinds, have Jackie out for the night by 8 (to piddle then right back in..she goes on the deck for me lol), reset the alarm - which I keep on at all times - then shake in my boots until morning. I hate that I cannot turn on the motion on the alarm - Mia paid extra for that on a few windows, but b/c they could not install a box upstairs we cannot use it. She did not want to pay for a remote but wish I had said I will, just get one!! It would have made a huge difference for me at night.

For some unknown reason this time is worse than last summer when they were gone for almost 2 weeks..but my friend came down from Boston the day before they were arriving home, then the next day we took an overnight road trip. Even though she did not get here until the end, it was soemthing to look forward to.

I think if I could get out on my own..you know, go to a store or the Mall for awhile, it would help break up the time and get my mind off my fear, but no way to do that.

Okay...I have to try to stop...so sorry.

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:23 PM   #94
karibritt01
The primary problem with America is stupidity. Maybe we should just take all the warning labels off and let the problem solve itself.

What time are they leaving tomorrow Christine? Where are they vacationing? I have to vacation vicariously these days, so I need more detail!

Hopefully you can snuggle up in your room and watch movies in the evenings. And when they get back, Mia needs to help you find some social groups in your area so you can meet some people!
Old 02-19-2010, 07:40 PM   #95
LuvvsMickey
DIS Veteran

The kid is at a sleepover, I am falling asleep on the couch and practically drooling on the keyboard, so it's time to call it a night!

See ya tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxoxoxox

LuvvsMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:48 PM   #96
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Hi, girls. Sorry I've not been around today. My brother is critcally ill and I've been at hospital, on phone all day long. Please pray for my brother. He is a man with a big heart whose heart is severely damaged.

RIP Genie
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:53 PM   #97
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Hey, Kari - they are going to St. Augustine and then on to Melbourne - will spend 3 days in each place visiting family. They also spend an overnight in Savannah each way.

I'm not much of a social person (that sounds so funny!!) very shy in groups. I did try to join some things at my parish, but ladies who are in their 70's have been in charge of everything for 30+ years and they meet weekday mornings, so it is all set up for much older retired ladies.

This is life in Greensboro ...I cannot wait for us to move away from here!

Old 02-19-2010, 07:56 PM   #98
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Oh, Kathy..I am so sorry. You and your brother have been in my thoughts everyday. Holding you all very near in heart and prayer. Keep us posted when possible.

Old 02-19-2010, 07:58 PM   #99
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
The kid is at a sleepover, I am falling asleep on the couch and practically drooling on the keyboard, so it's time to call it a night!

See ya tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxoxoxox
Drooling is not good for the 'puter. Nighty night!

Old 02-19-2010, 08:13 PM   #100
LuvvsMickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Hi, girls. Sorry I've not been around today. My brother is critcally ill and I've been at hospital, on phone all day long. Please pray for my brother. He is a man with a big heart whose heart is severely damaged.
I am SO very sorry, Kathy. I will be thinking of you and praying for your brother. We are here if you need us.

xox

Old 02-19-2010, 08:15 PM   #101
LuvvsMickey
DIS Veteran

Okay, I'm really going to bed now. I didn't turn my phone off and it dinged that there was an email, so of course, I had to see who it was. It was a notification from here.

Take care all.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:37 PM   #102
karibritt01

Kathy... I'm so sorry that your brother is doing so poorly. Praying for him, your family, and his Drs that they can help him.

Drooling on the keyboard is not good. I went upstairs and laid on my bed to watch my Friday night TV, and fell asleep about 15 min into the program. So now that I've had a good nap, I'll probably be up most of the night. It's a vicious cycle!
Old 02-20-2010, 06:56 AM   #103
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Good Morning!

Kathy, I so hope today is better for your brother.

Tracy, that's too funny about the ding on your phone...but how does that work? I am so behind the times about such things. Is it your home phone or a blackberry (which I will never have b/c I heard it costs so much).

I'm feeling much more positive this morning - probably b/c it's so light out!!

Thank goodness I have my friends on my computer to keep me company all week. I'll be browsing the DIS more than I have in months!

Hope it is a wonderful Saturday for all, especially our Kathy.

Old 02-20-2010, 07:29 AM   #104
LuvvsMickey
DIS Veteran

Another ding on my phone! I need to set that to vibrate or something. It's a Blackberry. I don't have web browsing on it ($10 more a month) but do have access to read and send email. The plans aren't really that expensive. (under $50) My phone was only $30 because it was an upgrade and I signed another three year contract with the service.

I'm glad you are in better spirits today. We are all here off and on to chat when you need us.

I am heartbroken for Kathy right now. She is under so much stress. I'm thinking of her all the time. It feels helpless to me to just pray... can't explain it. I just wish there were more I could do, know what I mean? I am sad for my friends.

Old 02-20-2010, 07:38 AM   #105
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
I am heartbroken for Kathy right now. She is under so much stress. I'm thinking of her all the time. It feels helpless to me to just pray... can't explain it. I just wish there were more I could do, know what I mean? I am sad for my friends.
I feel the same, Tracy. It leaves one feeling so helpless with no way to be there for a dear friend.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: