Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2010, 12:23 PM   #751
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvvsMickey View Post
Oh honey. I have no guilt about leaving the kids while on vacation. I've been through enough with all of them that I deserve some "me" time. And I agree. I'd have no problems going at my own pace and doing what I want.

Yeah, having a ticket is most important in order to win the lottery. We got three fortune cookies when we ate at Yak n Yeti and I'm playing those numbers tonight and for future draws. Cross yer fingers.

So the dealership called me about my Escape. "yeah, we preplaced your battery and are ordering you a new radio for the console. We figure it was the radio that drained the battery." Me, "uh, why would you need to order a new battery when the radio is wrecked? How can that drain the battery?" Him, "uh..." Needless to say, I won't be buying another Ford. We've had so many problems with it. It's a four year lease and the warranty is up in February with one more year to lease. We've already put $600 into it and we need tires and more brake pads in February. That will be another $800 or so. Not happy about that at all. Vehicles are basically made with tinker toys these days. Chaps my you know what.

I've got half of my kitchen torn apart to scrub the floor and I just ran out of ambition. Uh oh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglets Mommy View Post

We actually see something about bedbugs on the news every day here, but I don't think it's officially been declared an epedemic yet.

I've never done Disney Solo at all....think I might miss the family, but at the same time I NEED to get away and have some time to myself.

glad you have a plan. I keep saying I'm gonna win the lottery, but I guess I should probably buy a ticket first.

I think it would be so nice to go at MY own pace, eat where I want, when I want, if I want to sit on Main Street and people watch I could, If I wanted to spend all day at the pool, I could do that too. I just think I might feel guilty for going without the kids. But a whine-free, wine-filled trip would be pretty darn sweet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
I'll be winning the lottery soon.

(in other words...where there's a will, there's a way. )
Hi Pickles!!!

Lottery -- Yes, I guess I have to be in it to win it too! It's funny, Howard only remembers to play if it like $200 million, not just a paltry $30 mil or so

Like the whine-free, wine filled trip idea!!

Trac - I do agree on "me" time too, but I can also feel guilty at times. Don't know why as I have worked hard my whole life, but there it is. when I went in Sept 2008, I had things planned for Sam in my absence, but the kicker was seeing the tears rolling down her face as I said good-bye - gut wrenching. But I still had a good time. Thank goodness for my sister in law!!

Congratuations Auntie Heather!! A new baby to squeeze and love. I had to go out to get an outfit for a friend who had a baby girl a few weeks ago. I love shopping for baby clothes!!

Tracy – I swore off Fords too (I always bought a Ford as my Dad did – BUT after having a Tempo, and Taurus (3 of them) I had enough!!! But I will tell you I fought Ford on a repair … I figured I had nothing to lose - something went on the car (can’t remember exactly what the h*ll it was) but I complained to the dealership. They said it was out of their hands, and I said I was calling Dearborn, MI to talk directly to Ford Company myself. Long story short, I called, told my story, I was informed a rep from Ford comes once a month to our dealership (to hear concerns, etc.) and lo and behold, they covered the expense all but $50!! (it was around $650). I feel your pain.

At least you got half of your kitchen worked on ... can you come and visit me to get my house in order??? pl-ease!! I am so totally disorganized it is not funny!!

Glee - was a hoot last night - you'll have to watch it (Tracy you can tape the show!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!

Last edited by Janet B; 09-22-2010 at 12:24 PM. Reason: typos, what else?
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:38 PM   #752
LuvvsMickey
DIS Veteran

My dad is a Ford man and always has been. I've always had GM cars but hubby worked at our Ford dealership for a few years and I really like the Escape. He still qualifies for employee pricing even though he no longer works there. Well, aren't they just sweet. *eyeroll* I fought with them about all four rotors and brake pads going on under 40,000kms (25000 miles for you Americans!! lol) This expense took half of our spending money we had saved for our trip to WDW.

I wrote a huge letter to customer relations at Ford head office about their crap warranty and also about the other problems we've had with it this year, and they didn't even acknowledge it. This was a month ago! Nothing makes me more angry than ignoring a customer's concerns. Believe me. I was the complaints coordinator for UPS at one time and also handled them when I worked at the largest insurance company in Canada. You do not dismiss an unhappy customer. I'll be going back to GM. Our other vehicle is a GM and no issues of course. It was a demo when we bought it too.

I have not one iota of guilt when I take a trip without kids. Aren't I a big meanie. LOL
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2010, 01:21 PM   #753
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglets Mommy View Post
I'm not sure how I feel about the DDT either. They say everything is linked to cancer anymore, so it's tough. I think the bigger isue is that they are concerned that the bedbugs will become immune to the DDT, leaving us with a superbug. I have heard that the extreme heat is what will get them....really what they need to do is work on a more affordable heat treatment.....maybe subsidize the cost if this becomes an epedemic.
Kind of how I feel too ... cancer (and other diseases) are linked to so much ... what we eat, pesticides, pollution, medicines, etc.

My friends daughter was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes this summer ... I wonder, could some of it be attributable to all the growth hormones that are given to animals?? Don't know. I know that there are 4 children in my immediate neighborhood that all have been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in the past 5 years. Scary - it is an awful disease. I always had the fear my kids would get it, since their Dad has it, but I also know there are worse things in life.

Tracy - sorry for your troubles and the fact that Ford has not answered your letter - I too worked in customer relations, and you had to follow up on every letter, complaint, etc. You do not want an unhappy customer.

Well, it is HUMP day, maybe tomorrow will bring better thingsWell, I'm off to have my lunch!

TY Kook!
Old 09-22-2010, 02:22 PM   #754
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Just stopping by to say hi to all of my Pickles. We're on Marco Island and enjoying the weather and pool. We spent 90 minutes with Nicki this morning and we are having dinner with her and her hubby tomorrow (and Saturday too). Here's a little sneak peak pic until we get back and I do my Trip Report.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:38 PM   #755
LuvvsMickey
DIS Veteran

Nice to hear from you Kathy! I'm glad that you are enjoying your vacation. Can't wait to hear about it all. May the remainder of your vacation pass by very s l o w l y.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:42 AM   #756
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Hi Kathy!
As I mentioned on your TR ... I love this pix!! I've never seen snow white and company in the park together -- and I just love the strategic placement of Mark next to his namesake

Enjoy Marco, rest, relax and have fun with your friends, Nicki and her hubby.

TY Kook!
Old 09-23-2010, 11:50 AM   #757
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have not one iota of guilt when I take a trip without kids. Aren't I a big meanie. LOL
Nope - you're just smarter than me!

Morning Pickles!!!

One day closer to the weekend - yeah!!! The weather is nice here (after our storms last night).

It's back to school night at Sam's School. We go to their homerooms, get their schedule for "A" day (the school operates on a 6 day cycle) and then we follow their class schedule for that day (10-15 min a class period) so we experience what they have to do all day and get a chance to briefly meet their teachers. You end of running around the school for almost 2 hrs.!!

Oh so happy not to be back in middle school!!
Later

TY Kook!
Old 09-23-2010, 01:59 PM   #758
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Good Afternoon, Pickles!!

It has been such a good day today! Reconnected with a friend and it made my day!

Also, in trying to get my mind off the upcoming surgery yesterday, came across a TR and it had me laughing - it was nice....she got a little to judgemental for me at times, but overall it was fun.

Has anyone here had major surgery? I want to eat lightly over the weekend and also have the right food, juices etc, on hand for after the surgery...you know..to keep, uh...things moving, so to speak.

This weekend will try to find a bed table - like for breakfast in bed - so I can be on line, but no pressure on the incisions. Maybe Bed, Bath & Beyond would have a cheap one.

Have a great afternoon!

Last edited by Minnie&Nana; 09-23-2010 at 03:00 PM. Reason: typos and more typos
Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:56 PM   #759
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Hey Christine!
Too bad you don't live closer - I have one of those bedside tables right in my garage! It's an official ex-hospital one - and, where I found it??? Thrift store!! It was useful when Howard had his hip replacement.

Glad you reconnected with an old friend - that is a nice feeling!

Can't help you on recovery as I never had major surgery (thank God).

Hang in there!
J

TY Kook!
Old 09-23-2010, 04:47 PM   #760
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Kind of how I feel too ... cancer (and other diseases) are linked to so much ... what we eat, pesticides, pollution, medicines, etc.

My friends daughter was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes this summer ... I wonder, could some of it be attributable to all the growth hormones that are given to animals?? Don't know. I know that there are 4 children in my immediate neighborhood that all have been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in the past 5 years. Scary - it is an awful disease. I always had the fear my kids would get it, since their Dad has it, but I also know there are worse things in life.

Tracy - sorry for your troubles and the fact that Ford has not answered your letter - I too worked in customer relations, and you had to follow up on every letter, complaint, etc. You do not want an unhappy customer.

Well, it is HUMP day, maybe tomorrow will bring better thingsWell, I'm off to have my lunch!
I think the rise in juvenile diabetes is probably due to the indrease in hormones in foods and processed foods in general. We didn't have all that crap when we were little. But everything seems linked to something these days, so I am an everything in moderation kinda girl. I'm not going to make everything from scratch, but I'm also not going to give my kids microwaved mystery meat every meal either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Just stopping by to say hi to all of my Pickles. We're on Marco Island and enjoying the weather and pool. We spent 90 minutes with Nicki this morning and we are having dinner with her and her hubby tomorrow (and Saturday too). Here's a little sneak peak pic until we get back and I do my Trip Report.

Hi Kathy!
Glad you are having a great time! I can't wait to read all about it when you get back. In the meantime, I have been having fun with the quizzes on your TR.
Quote:
Nope - you're just smarter than me!

Morning Pickles!!!

One day closer to the weekend - yeah!!! The weather is nice here (after our storms last night).

It's back to school night at Sam's School. We go to their homerooms, get their schedule for "A" day (the school operates on a 6 day cycle) and then we follow their class schedule for that day (10-15 min a class period) so we experience what they have to do all day and get a chance to briefly meet their teachers. You end of running around the school for almost 2 hrs.!!

Oh so happy not to be back in middle school!!
Later
Have a good time at Back to School Night!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Good Afternoon, Pickles!!

It has been such a good day today! Reconnected with a friend and it made my day!

Also, in trying to get my mind off the upcoming surgery yesterday, came across a TR and it had me laughing - it was nice....she got a little to judgemental for me at times, but overall it was fun.

Has anyone here had major surgery? I want to eat lightly over the weekend and also have the right food, juices etc, on hand for after the surgery...you know..to keep, uh...things moving, so to speak.

This weekend will try to find a bed table - like for breakfast in bed - so I can be on line, but no pressure on the incisions. Maybe Bed, Bath & Beyond would have a cheap one.

Have a great afternoon!
I'm glad you had a good day!
Try Target for the bed tray....my cousin has one on her Bridal registry from there...I think it was only $15 or so

Sorry I can't help you with the foods.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:24 AM   #761
Janet B
DIS Veteran

TGIF pickles !!!!!

TY Kook!
Old 09-24-2010, 12:06 PM   #762
LuvvsMickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
TGIF pickles !!!!!

Yay. I get to sleep in tomorrow.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:54 PM   #763
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:
TGIF pickles !!!!!

TGIF!!!!!!
Quote:
Yay. I get to sleep in tomorrow.
YAY!!!
I get to squeeee my new niece tomorrow.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:56 PM   #764
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Good for you!! I try to but canít seem to sleep past 8:00 am or so.
Tonight itís Basket Bingo Ö tomorrow some cleaning (unfortunately) but on Sunday afternoon Heather and I will be having a Momís day out. Yeah!

Canít wait!! Just wish all the pickles could be with us

TY Kook!
Old 09-27-2010, 04:54 PM   #765
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Hey, my Pickle friends!

Well, tomorrow is surgery day! Now that it is almost here I am glad and ready to get it over with at last. Know I will be nervous in the morning, but will be okay. Mia is going to text Janet after the surgery and she will let you all know I am doing well.

Thanks so much for all your love and support - it means the world when going through something like this.

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: